www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 year old Georgia teacher Tara Grinstead missing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More from chapter Woman Missing in Murder on a Horse Trail:

Just as tragic is that two years after Chandra disappeared, police were still interested in investigating several dozen sex offenders. There are too many to investigate. We cannot continue to tolerate defense lawyers saying everyone is innocent because so many could be guilty.

Convicted felons should be monitored until they have completed probation. It makes no sense to think they don't. Until we put an electronic monitoring system in place, we will continue to lose innocent women to predators, predators that have already been caught time and again on lesser offenses and are on parole. These are the people that must be watched, not the entire population or children.

There are several technologies already in place and being used, if we can get to a point in our society of deciding which approach to use we will have achieved something great. If we use more than one of these technologies it has to be part of a unified national system is my only requirement.

The minimum requirement is that it records GPS locations of the person's whereabouts and is periodically uploaded to police. What this does is eliminate the anonymous roaming of the wolves to strike at will on a stray lamb without anyone knowing who could have done it. The GPS locations recorded will show who was at the location. GPS locations are accurate to a few yards.

The recording doesn't stop an abduction, but it ensures that we can tell who was there. If the device is removed or broken without coming in to a police station to report it, then that is the same as breaking out of jail. It means immediate return to incarceration.

If felons know that they cannot get away anonymously with a crime, then it changes their entire psychology. Sure, someone could go berserk, break the device and kill someone, but they know they will not get away with it. Now these felons think they will get away with it.

I say probation instead of life because the length of probation is based on the severity of crime. Registered sex offenders would be life, for example, as that is a type of permanent probation. But if someone had a five year probation and didn't commit another crime, then we need to focus our attention on those who are committing crimes.

The criminals, drug addicts, sex predators, wolves roaming to strike, have stolen goodness from our live's story and replaced it with fear. We need to drop them in cages in the desert, and replace our fear with their fear. Drop food in. Give them a treadmill, although they don't deserve to be treated as well as hamsters.

Women are dead basically because we don't have enough cages for these thugs. Our message to the legal system should be, catch all you want, we'll build more cages.

Pipe sea water into the desert and convert it to fresh water, put solar arrays on top of the cages to shade and power the cages. Who cares if someone gnaws through a bar, the dogs need a workout occasionally anyway.

Once out of their cages, I think Homeland Security has to include monitoring sex offenders and people on parole. They will strike like wolves at a lamb any chance they get. It's either the wolves or the lambs that need constant monitoring, we have to make a choice.

Maybe a little girl's impending death caught on tape will do it. Something must move us to act. Surely we cannot wait for the wolves to strike aqain.

end quote

That little girl was Carlie Brucia, a girl whose mother and father are inconsolable even as the murderer is convicted. Nothing will bring back their daughter who was taken from their lives, and all of our lives. More on that in Car wash surveillance camera catches kidnapping on tape.

rd
seekeroftruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You put a lot of thought and emotion in to that. It also feels as if it came from someone who has been personally touched by an atrocity. I am sorry if I inadvertantly touched a nerve.

I must say that I am in deep consideration of your thoughts on a tracking device. It seems viable at first consideration and I do know it is a tool being used in some capacity now. If we have gone so far as a society as to require registration, then why not tracking? Good point you make.

I find myself wanting to research the implications and considerations of the points you make. Thank you.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, seeker. I haven't suffered an atrocity like this. I'm sure most of us have suffered a great loss, but I've suffered nothing like what these families have. Just empathy and trying to move people to action behind those words. And thanks for thinking on them.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We added a thread for the Texas Equusearch effort which hopefully will help find Tara this weekend, God rest her soul.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted just now in the Texas Equusearch search for Tara thread that they found a missing chiropractor, Melinda Superville, today. I wanted to comment on that here as it relates to Tara.

First, we didn't even have a thread for Melinda Superville. It says a lot that we can't even keep up with all the women that disappear under suspicious circumstances. We do put up what info we can, and the more eyes the better. If anyone wants to be able to add the occasional thread (New Topic) of some news they've seen or add a comment (Reply) to the discussion, just click on Register in the upper right corner and we'll add you as soon as possible.

Now to Texas Equusearch finding Melinda's body today. She had disappeared a week ago, reported by her husband who found her office with keys in the door and yogurt on the desk, but his wife gone. He reported it to the police and was on Nancy Grace last night. I missed it due to the hours I'm working this week.

Texas Equusearch was working their home territory, Texas, in this search. They started today and found her today, just 150 yards from her office where her keys were found still in the door.

This is as I posted earlier in this thread on Tara. I would expect Tara to be found nearby, maybe not 150 yards as with Melinda and the lottery winner's granddaughter found even closer than that to her car in the backyard of the house she was visiting, a full two weeks after she disappeared, but more like 150 yards from a nearby road.

I just don't think the people that knew Tara and had motive to do this had the time for much of a jaunt off into the wilderness to hide her body before needing to skedaddle home for as much of an alibi as they could get. 150 yards from the road is about right. That's what was done with Chandra, it's what someone who knows the victim and doesn't want her found does, the best they can do to hide her with limited time.

As with the man close to Tara, suicide was suggested the way Melinda Superville was found, with a gunshot to her head and the gun in proximity. If the woman is found very far from where she disappears, it doesn't look like suicide, and these men who find women inconvenient very much want that inconvenient woman to look like she committed suicide or at least acted wantonly suicidal in getting murdered.

These many disappeared women are not suicidal, just inconvenient to someone they loved.

Questions are also raised once again about law enforcement and their investigations. Goodness knows none of them are as bad as the DC police in Chandra's case, allegedly with assistance from the FBI, at least until Aruba came along to show the DC police up in a political hot potato of an incompetent investigation deliberate or otherwise.

But still, a week after Melinda disappears, no one searches an abandoned house 150 yards away? There's no political hot potato to blame for that. Why does it take a private organization to launch a professional search a week later? I mean, the back door was kicked in for goodness sakes, obviously not by police searching. It was known as a vagrant and homeless hangout. Hello, common sense.

If I hear that they couldn't search it because they needed a search warrant or permission and didn't have cause for a warrant and no one there to give them permission, then they just can't do their job and we've prevented them from protecting us. They don't need to be kicking in doors and throwing stun grenades to search an abandoned house, but come on, it needs searched. It's 150 yards from her office. How obvious is that?

So we get to the man again. Well, like I've had to write in Chandra's case, the person who must be the prime suspect until ruled out when a woman disappears, the significant other, arranged for a private lie detector test. Condit did it, Tara's ex did it, and now Melinda Superville's husband did it. As someone on Nancy Grace said, while Melinda's brother and volunteers were searching foir Melinda, her husband was arranging for a private lie detector test. How sick is that? I consider it prima facie evidence of guilt to be quite frank about it.

More about that from Murder on a Horse Trail in the next post.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote about what it takes to help the police rule yourself out as a suspect, as anyone who cares more about the missing woman than themselves would do. From chapter The Watch in Murder on a Horse Trail:

Condit had paid an ex-FBI polygraph consultant, Barry Colvert, $1,031 to ask him three questions. Colvert passed him. In contrast, consider what a real lie detector test entails. Elizabeth Smart's father was asked to take one, and like most people except silent Modesto men Gary Condit and Scott Peterson, he of course agreed. Elizabeth's uncle, Tom Smart, describes what her father went through to Nancy Grace on Larry King Live:

GRACE: A lot of focus has been placed on your
brother, Edward Smart. We all know he's taken a
polygraph. What was his response to that?

SMART: He said it was four hours of hell. And he's
willing to go do a polygraph. He didn't know that --
he didn't volunteer that. But somehow a polygraph --
something got out and I said, "Ed what about a
polygraph?" And he just went, yes I've been through
four hours of hell -- and whatever.

The entire family is willing to take polygraphs.
We'll do whatever you want. I don't know who has and
who hasn't. But the family's -- the family will do
anything. Just...

GRACE: I'm trying to imagine my own dad strapped to
a polygraph for four hours trying to answer
questions, the whole time, wondering where the heck
his daughter is, you know, taken in the middle of
the night. Did he pass the polygraph?

SMART: Yes. I was told that he passed the polygraph.
When you do a polygraph, and I know because I've
done one just recently -- I should never say that...
[ “Expert Panel Discusses Elizabeth Smart Case.” Interview with Larry King. Larry King Live. CNN. 12 June 2002. Transcript.]

Four hours of hell. That's what the police would have needed to stress Condit to see if he was telling the truth. Not three pre-arranged questions, four hours of hell, if it was worth doing, which by arranging for a private one seems to be the case.
blondie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was Equisearch when Chandra disappeared? If she had been found sooner then we would have had more answers.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blondie, the DC police refused all offers of help in searching for Chandra. I detail a few of them in Murder on a Horse Trail, this from chapter Found:

The police by now were assisted in their search by the Fraternal Order of Police Search and Rescue Team, a group of volunteer federal and local police officers trained and certified by the National Association of Search and Rescue. They told the Washington Post:

Lou Cannon, president of the association, which
represents 38 law enforcement agencies in the city,
said he was "grateful" that the department "finally
called us in, but we would have appreciated it if
they had called us a year ago."
[Lengel, Allan and Sari Horwitz. “Grand Jury Hearing From Condit’s Aides:
More Levy Bones Identified As Lipstick Is Also Found.” Washington Post 12 June 2002.]
end quote

If Texas Equusearch had run the search of Rock Creek Park, then a professional search would have been done instead of walking cadets down the paths and telling them not to get their shoes dirty, or whatever telling them don't go too far off the path was supposed to have meant. Yes, I wish Texas Equusearch had been around and been able to do the search instead.

Clearly they and all other volunteers want to wait until the police have done their search, but all police should have done what a former DC police chief of detectives said on this, from chapter Rock Creek Park:

And volunteer manpower for searching the park? In addition to the recruits walking their beat, William Ritchie, former D.C. Chief of Detectives, would have called upon those volunteers skilled at traversing the park terrain. He tells Bill O'Reilly:

Well, first of all, I think if, based upon what they
found on the computer, if you're going to commit to
searching Rock Creek Park, then you need to cover
all the areas and not just those areas adjacent to
the normal thoroughfare.

Now, I understand that resources are limited. I
probably would have considered using volunteers,
individuals who had experience in searching terrain
areas, hikers, mountain climbers, rock climbers. And
I would have paired possibly two or three of them
with a police officer.
[Ritchie, William. Interview with Bill O’Reilly. The O’Reilly Factor. Fox News. 28 May 2002. Transcript.]
rd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greta is coming up and I see she is going to have an update on Tara. Hopefully there'll be something helpful to finding her to find out that we add to her thread here.

rd
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I remember suggesting here that Equusearch get involved in the Chandra case. In fact, I think they considered it and offered to help. I'm not sure if they were ever allowed into the Park.

I also suggested that they check the area in front of the Klingle Mansion (overlooking Rock Creek) and the area near the Nature Center for the "CL" ring. I did that myself with a stick and by hand but, of course, didn't find anything. I had this theory that Chandra tossed the ring into the bushes when she realized that something was going wrong and that she was being abducted.

After nearly four years of being involved with this mystery I've come up with an approach to finding out the truth. I call it the "Reduction Method". Any chefs in here? When you reduce a sauce you boil off the liquid until the sauce is at the peak of its flavor. The idea is to put a fire under the suspects and get someone to act badly. I think cops have been doing it for years but it hasn't been done with anyone in Chandra's case except for Condit. I've just recently done a "Reduction" on someone who fits the description that Rita Crosby gave of a man whom the FBI talked to in August a year ago. A powerful "lobbyist" who lived in Maryland. He's a "lobbyist" again now but in the Spring of 2001 he was Bush's appointment's secretary (so to speak). And, previous to that he was rated one of the ten "Most powerful lobbyists in Washington" making nearly a million dollars hooking up business clients with the White House. Now he's doing it again for a bank. There was a lot of press about this guy when he suddenly quit in 2002. The Fox News folks said he had made a big sacrifice by giving up his lobbying job for a White House position that only paid $130,000 a year and it was understandable why he would leave government service. Fox News is a wonderful source for suspects and I couldn't resist turning up the heat on this guy. As soon as he quit he was picked up by the world's largest bank for his access to BushCon Inc. I suspect he's making up the difference now.

Keep the fires burning and Never Forget!

James
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reward Increases for Tara Reply with quote

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/13449792.htm

Posted on Tue, Dec. 20, 2005

Missing teacher rewards increase to $200,000Associated PressOCILLA,

Ga. - Rewards for information on missing teacher Tara Faye Grinstead have increased to $200,000.

Steve Rodgers, a Grinstead family friend, said an anonymous donor has made a $100,000 donation intended as a reward for anyone who comes forward with information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone who may have kidnapped Grinstead.
"We're hoping that this will get someone who may know something to come forward," Rodgers said.
A dispatcher at the Irwin County Sheriff's Department said no one was available Tuesday to discuss the case.
There is a separate award of up to $100,000 for information leading to Grinstead's whereabouts, Rodgers said.
Grinstead was last seen in Ocilla on Oct. 22. Two comprehensive searches of Irwin County, one headed by the Irwin County Sheriff's Office and the other conducted by the nonprofit Texas EquusSearch, have turned up no sign of the 30-year-old woman.
Rodgers said the last search, conducted over the second weekend in December, turned up some clothes that were sent off for tests, but there is no word on whether they belonged to the Irwin County High School history teacher, who was reported missing when she failed to report for work.
Rodgers said that Grinstead's family and friends were still hoping for a positive outcome and another search is planned after the holidays.
Meanwhile, Grinstead supporters are planning a Christmas celebration in her honor on Thursday evening in Ocilla

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Christmas Celebration for Tara: Reply with quote

From Tara's Website

http://www.findtara.com/index.htm

Christmas For Tara
There will be a special Christmas gathering and
program for Tara on Thursday, December 22nd. Everyone is invited to her home this Thursday evening at 7pm to decorate her Christmas tree. The tree will be set up outside of her house at 300 West Park St in Ocilla. All you need to do is bring an ornament and please make sure your name is attached or written somewhere on it.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz, they didn't get to an update on Tara on Greta unless it was a short note near the end, but apparently was to announce the doubling of the reward as you posted. Thanks for that info.

What a sad time for the families and friends of someone they loved who has disappeared at the hands of someone they loved. But a loving gesture to get together at Tara's home to decorate a tree for her in the hope she is still with them, yea the knowledge she is with them in spirit.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yea", rd? Thou dost speak somewhat quaintly.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the King James version of my post, jane. Somehow quaintness conveys my thoughts better as I think of her family and friends remembering her this Christmas at her house decorating her Christmas tree.

It'd be nice to actually have your daughter or sister or friend with you at Christmas instead of disappeared. What a wonderfully modern achievement that would be.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: