www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condit sues Dunne for Slander - Newsday 12/16/02
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[CTRL] Fwd: GARY CONDIT: A PANICKED PAY PHONE CALL FROM CAVERN COUNTRY
Aleisha Saba
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 04:49:46 -0700

Some of this information might be redundant; however, I was not aware
this bracelet Condit bought Chandra cost $2,500. For a man who is
alleged to have lived oh so modestly, in his modest $95,000 condo in
Adam Morgan multicultural/multisexual area....this was a pretty hefty
gift - it would have seemed the Godiva chocolates, would have sufficed.

http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol.com/msg72789.html

/quote
COSSACK: And Anne Marie, did he ever give you a gold bracelet?

SMITH: Yes, he did. He gave me -- it was actually a Christmas present, and I understand that it was the same one that he had given to Chandra.

COSSACK: An identical bracelet?
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b6a63bd187c.htm

How Anne Marie knew the bracelets were identical is because she meet with Linda Zamsky, and I guess Linda was the one who told her they were identical. Also there was a picture of chandra with the bracelet on which was filmed on Video, on Passover...at the table Chandra's Father makes a comment about her congressman friend. This video was on abc, however, the link no longer works..
kate
propria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>> "If Chandra wouldn't have disappeared, he would have won the election, got his 80 percent."<<<

oopsey lala ... i wonder if cadee realizes that she just 'testified' against her father's premise that dominick dunne is responsible for his lost election? i wonder if she could be subpoenaed by licalsi to testify that sources close to gary condit recognize the disappearance itself, not dunne's speculation about the disappearance, cost him his washington office.

fwiw, i caught the 'kidnapping' reference, too, and immediately thought of the discussions back then about chandra being picked up in front of her apartment buildiing on a motorcycle ... if i recall correctly, search dogs that were finally brought to the scene lost her scent at the curb. i contended at the time, still do, that she could also have been picked up in the middle of the night in a white van for a 'meet' with gary, but she was strangled with her tights she had left behind at gary's and her body was dumped in one of the zillions of caves and caverns around luray.

nanci
benn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nanci, I am doing a lot of quoting here.

>>>oopsey lala ... i wonder if cadee realizes that she just 'testified' against her father's premise that dominick dunne is responsible for his lost election? i wonder if she could be subpoenaed by licalsi to testify that sources close to gary condit recognize the disappearance itself, not dunne's speculation about the disappearance, cost him his washington office.<<<

There is another way of phrasing why Condit lost his seat in Congress. When he was getting 80% of the votes his constituents were not aware of his private life.

When Gary's voters became an informed electorate--after Chandra disappeared--they immediately voted him out of office. The real Gary Condit was not getting 80% of the votes. The voters did not know that they were not voting for the real Gary Condit.

I have sort of lost track about how kidnapping came into the messages here, but the original complaint by Lind Wood mentions kidnapping and murder.

>>>1. This slander per se action arises out of the utterance by Defendant Dominick Dunne of false and defamatory statements accusing Plaintiff Gary Condit of involvement in the crimes of kidnapping and murder.<<<

This next quote is from kate's message.

>>>Some of this information might be redundant; however, I was not aware this bracelet Condit bought Chandra cost $2,500. For a man who is
alleged to have lived oh so modestly, in his modest $95,000 condo in
Adam Morgan multicultural/multisexual area....this was a pretty hefty
gift - it would have seemed the Godiva chocolates, would have sufficed.<<<

The bracelet is another part of Gary's private life that was not known by his constituents. Again, when his voters became informed they voted him out of office.

benn
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when would she have been moved I wonder?
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no source for the bracelet costing $2500 or anything like that. Yes, Anne Marie and Chandra got identical bracelets at Christmas. In Murder on a Horse Trail, I say this about it in chapter Friendships:

With her friends back home and Condit home in Ceres as well, Chandra spent Christmas in Washington alone. She did get a gold bracelet from Condit for Christmas, but unknown to each other identical to Anne Marie's Christmas gift. First the promise of Palm Spring vacations, then gold bracelets. Identical gifts certainly made the logistics of handling two mistresses easier, one may presume.

Condit had a campaign expenditure disbursement on January 18, 2001 for $830 to Neiman Marcus in Washington, D.C. that probably would have covered the pair of very nice double clasp bracelets he got Chandra and Anne Marie for Christmas. [9] But then again, maybe not. The Neiman Marcus purchase was described as gifts to contributors, and Chandra Levy and Anne Marie Smith weren't listed as contributors to Condit's campaign. Still, he paid for them somehow.

9. " Campaign Finance Reports and Data " at http://www.fec.gov, 5 Sep. 2002.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I understood it when Wood referred to Chandra's disappearance as a kidnapping and murder, but now with Cadee saying it as well, it's a strategy that I don't completely understand.

Why is the word kidnapping stressed in Wood's strategy when the Condits also contend that Chandra was murdered jogging in a park? It has to be in some way considered to help their case againt Dunne because that's the way lawyers work.

Dunne referred to Chandra being kidnapped and murdered. Is Wood's strategy of choice of words based entirely differently than Geragos' defense theory of a jogger murder? It appears to me that the lawyers choice of words is based on their agendas, Geragos promoting a reason for Chandra to be in the park entirely different than Wood's promotion of wording emulating Dunne's wording.

Kidnapping wouldn't normally be used to describe moving someone off a trail to sexually assault them. There should be some question about just what Condit's lawyers are contending here, when they seem to be in as much conflict as all of Condit's other statements to police concerning Chandra.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Wood just figured that he would bluff Dunne, like he did NE and the others. I wrote a letter to the Editor at ModBee today. I got an answer already, from their answering machine of course.

I put my name and address and phone number on my email, so at least they will probably read it.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rita Cosby had a segment on Condit tonight, I missed most of it but happened to walk by a tv on the tail end of it. She was focused on Condit evading questioning from police it appeared to me, had a guest who commented on Condit's difficulties answering questions.

I was told that Rita had played some tape of Anne Marie Smith talking about Condit telling her he was in some trouble and had to disappear.

I saw that Geraldo will have a show tomorrow night (Sunday, March 13) at 10 Fox time on Condit vs. Dunne. Looks like it wil be more than a cursory quick take on it, with enough time to ask some questions and get some opinions from a panel. I'll be able to catch that.

The reason for the weekend focus is that Rita reports that Condit is supposed to be appearing at the deposition to answer questions on Monday. I don't know where Rita got the info but my guess is that Condit would not want people to know this.

There will be a lot of focus on what he says Monday, and no matter what he says, or doesn't say, it will not be good for him.

rd

Last edited by rd on Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
benn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this little bit from the Rita show.

fair use

>>>Former congressman Gary Condit (search) takes the stand Monday in a defamation lawsuit against author Dominick Dunne. Condit is expected to have to answer, under oath, whether or not he had sex with Chandra Levy. Will anything be brought to light in this trial? We'll have more on "The Big Story Weekend."<<<

benn
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow. I just saw Chad Condit on Geraldo and they did everything but get into a fistfight. Everything that was said about Cadee on the last show (Greta?), magnify 10 times for Chad on this one.

Geraldo's show tonight had been headlined with Condit, but a very important Fox interview with the hostage who talked the Atlanta court killer into giving up had just gone live, and they played that. in what was probably going to be air time on Condit's reported deposition tomorrow.

So it got down to just the last few minutes and Geraldo introduced Chad. Chad said that Geraldo had made two mistakes in the introduction (one that Chandra was Condit's intern) and then launched into Geraldo charging him with endangering our troops and basically trash talking Geraldo's reporting, patriotism, intelligence, and probably manhood. It was a lot of yelling betwen them.

Chad blamed his Dad's defeat (I don't recall him saying Gary once) on Geraldo and others calling him a murderer, and said Condit had already answered the questions he was supposed to.

Not sure what the point of the appearance was, but my guess is that Chad and Cadee are airing their frustration that Condit has to answer questions to continue his lawsuit against Dunne.

Last time Condit called in sick and sent his kids out to appear, this time Chad appeared before the deposition, and it wasn't any kind of PR against Dunne like before.

It was total Condit frustration with having to face the truth. We'll see what Gary does tomorrow.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa - where is Chad getting his advice from? The true Condit colours seem to be showing.
propria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you both ... when chad started chattering irrationally and screaming at geraldo, my first thought was that there's a lot of truth in the old cliche to the effect that 'the acorn doesn't fall far from the oak tree'. i think the whole point of sending the kids back out before the cameras was supposed to be to paint an image of their father as a man who was wronged by the media types like dunne ... i'd say the kids failed miserably in their assignments, as their combined efforts have basically revealed the whole family as the nutcases they truly are.

nanci
benn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with rd on his Murder on a Horse Trail message that Chad or Cadee will probably not be doing many more tv interviews--unless they get on some offbeat station. Perhaps Geraldo had a short preliminary talk with Chad and saw that there was not going to be a good discussion, so Geraldo decided immediately to give more time to the breaking news story.

I can not think of any of the Chad and Cadee interviews happening without prior coaching from Lin Wood. It sounded to me almost as if Chad, and those he represents, wanted to get a reason to sue Geraldo. The Condits can not evidently do any suing on prior complaints that they may have because of the statute of limitations. So if they could start a new conflict between Geraldo and any of the Condits then they could sue on a new case.

That might be a wait and see chain of events, but I think Geraldo was right when he said that Gary would lose his case with Dunne, so it will be hard for the Condits to start any new cases, depending of course upon the judgement of Lin Wood.

This is like the old Perils of Pauline serial movies. Gary Condit is Paulene and he is tied to the big log that is coming down the assembly line into the saw mill. What will happen next? Will Lin Wood step from the shadows at the last moment to throw the switch stopping the assembly line, or will Gary be saved in some other way? What other perils will confront Gary next week (Monday)? Wait and see. :)

benn
benn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a little of what we did, or did not, see on the Geraldo show Sunday night.

>>Sunday, March 13:

Former California congressman Gary Condit (search) has been back in the news recently as his libel lawsuit against writer Dominick Dunne (search) proceeds. Condit is expected to take the stand on Monday. Will he be forced answer questions under oath about an alleged affair with former Washington intern Chandra Levy (search), who was later found murdered?<<

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Dominick Dunne on Larry King tonight (a rerun, this being Saturday). They were talking about his CourtTV show and his novel. It sounded like he was working on one. He said he learns from cases and novelizes it.

I didn't see the whole show but of what I saw I didn't see any mention of Chandra's case, the lawsuit, or whether any of what he has talked about will show up in his next novel.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: