www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condit sues Dunne for Slander - Newsday 12/16/02
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!! This needs to go immediately to Dunne and LaCalsi!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know how? Or can you do it???

Also to Larry King.
benn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good polls, skipper.

>>>>>> Seems like Condit offered the same trips and presents to both Anne Marie and Chandra. Wouldn't it be great if we could learn more about what he gave Anne Marie?? That might be a clue as to other presents that Chandra received.<<<

I was thinking something similar myself. Wasn't the gold bracelet that Condit gave to Chandra supposed to have cost about $500? Has Gary ever acknowledged giving her a gold bracelet?

If Chandra was wearing the gold bracelet when she was killed the killer kept the bracelet and never pawned it. (I don't remember the police looking for a gold bracelet. They looked for a ring, or something.) Pawning the bracelet would be giving evidence away. A mugger would pawn the bracelet, someone who knew Chandra would probably want to hide the bracelet away.

Or was the bracelet in Chandra's apartment when the police went in? Condit did not think too well. He gave Chandra a $500 bracelet but she was only a good friend of his.

Maybe I have jumbled something up here.

benn
blondie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another earlier poll

http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/login.aspx?ci=4672
twinkiesmom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<Condit sued American Media (National Enquirer, Star, and Globe) and Dunne, as well as USA Today which was dismissed. I believe Dunne's age is irrelevant to picking him, they are basically looking for someone to shake down because Condit needs money. >>

Oh.. agreed...I follow the Jonbenet Ramsey case much closer than this one, and Wood is the attorney on that one as well. They got judgements from some of the tabloids but lost when they took on a bigger opponent (Fox News).

I just think it would be easier for Condit to collect from Dunne's eventual estate without having to answer the hard questions he's been dodging. I can't believe he thought he could sue without answering any questions about his sexual history.

I think it's ironic that he's going after Dunne, who proposed the most outlandish conspiracy theories which took the heat off of Condit regarding more logical questions regarding the relationship with Chandra.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my belief that Carolyn Condit received a small settlement from American Media, but not much. I don't think Gary Condit received anything in his settlement with American Media, possibly some legal fees for Wood.

American Media was quite happy with the settlements, and they came when crunchtime came for the Condits to produce information and answer questions.

The same will hold true for the suit against Dunne. Condit bluffs a lot, but when it comes time to answer questions, he folds and runs.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome tm, and happy posting. Skipper great job! Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Have you heard that this is singles awareness day! Ha!
kate
benn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello tm,

A Freudian slip? I pasted this in.

>>>http://writ.corporate.findlaw.com/dean/20030131.html

Little wonder that Condit filed a lawsuit. These charges are outrageous. And when Chandra Levy's body was found in Rock Creek Park in May, 2002, they were proven obviously false.

Amazingly, however, the discovery of Condit's body did not stop Dunne. Rather, he simply offered a more nuanced account of Condit's supposed complicity<<<

If this is true it is news to me. :)

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is the right topic to post this on. I am not working, so I have a little more time to post.

>>>Modestobee.com

BEE STAFF REPORTS
AND NEWS SERVICES
Last Updated: February 16, 2005, 04:47:15 AM PST

Time has not healed the Condit family's pain.

Chad and Cadee Condit, appearing recently on national television, said their father continues to adjust to life after politics.

Gary Condit, a Democrat from Ceres, lost his bid for re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in the March 2002 primary to former aide Dennis Cardoza.

The election came almost one year after Chandra Levy, a former Bureau of Prisons intern from Modesto, vanished, triggering widespread media attention and speculation about their relationship. Her body was found in a Washington, D.C., park on May 22, 2002.

"He's a survivor, but it crushed his dreams," Chad Condit said Friday on the CNN talk show "Larry King Live."

"I mean, he was in politics for 30 years, since he was 22 years old," he said. "But he's trying to bounce back and be a grandpa and do the things with Carolyn (his wife) that are good things, and move on with his life. My heart was broken. It's a heart-aching thing, to watch your folks go through it."

Chad and Cadee Condit also said they have gone into the ice cream business with their father. Reached by telephone Tuesday at their Baskin-Robbins outlet in Glendale, Ariz., Chad Condit repeated a vow not to talk to Modesto Bee reporters. He did take time to explain why he often refers to his father as "Gary."

"We were in the same business (politics) for a while. Sometimes I call him Gary and sometimes I call him Dad," he said.

On the Larry King show, the Condits said their father splits time between California and his Arizona home and that much of his focus is on trial preparations for an $11 million defamation lawsuit against author Dominick Dunne.

Cadee Condit said the family couldn't just let things go and get on with life.

"Innocent people fight back," she said. "Dominick Dunne crossed a line, just as the tabloids did. They called my dad a murderer, insinuating that he had something to do with the kidnapping of Chandra Levy. He's innocent. He didn't have anything to do with it, and Dominick needs to be held accountable for that."

The Condit children also reported that their mother was in good health and they were active with the Justice Political Action Committee, trying to extend the California deadline for filing libel lawsuits from one year to three years.

The children reaffirmed their contention that their father never had a romantic relationship with Levy and that there was nothing wrong with his conduct during the investigation.

"He did the responsible thing," Chad Condit said. "He contacted the FBI, contacted the Washington, D.C., Police Department to let them know that this girl was missing when the father contacted Gary. He didn't do anything criminal. He's never been charged with anything.

"If Chandra wouldn't have disappeared, he would have won the election, got his 80 percent."<<<

That is really sad. Condit's children are in a dream world. What do they call their mother, Carolyn?

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What do they call their mother, Carolyn?

From what I've read in the King transcript Benn, Cadee calls her a 'great girl'. Whatever that means.

Strange remark, IMO.

Speaking of the above, I notice that the kids are hard at work in every way possible to help Gary (aka:Dad) but Carolyn is not present to speak out for him. I just guessing that the public Carolyn and the private Carolyn are 2 different people. Maybe why GC spends a lot of time in Cali?

ls
jane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did hear Chad or Cadee (or both) call their mother by her first name (as well as the 'great girl' comment from Cadee that skipper mentioned above).

This didn't strike me when I read the transcript, but did just now as I read the article Benn just posted - Cadee said Dunne and the tabloids had been insinuating that [Gary Condit] had something to do with the kidnapping of Chandra Levy.

This almost sounds as though Cadee knows something about what happened. I remember a discussion on this site where someone (skipper or someone) made a similar observation about Gary Condit mentioning Chandra's kidnapping. Personally, I refer to Chandra's disappearance and murder - never kidnapping and murder.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the thread where the issue was discussed - it was Lin Wood's use of the word 'kidnapping' that was being discussed in the "Lin Wood slip?" thread starting 5 Dec 2003 (I have deleted some of the material not related to the use of the word 'kidnap'):

laskipper:

It's a no-win situation, and so I presumed Congressman Condit at the time to be innocent. I disagreed very much publicly about the way how he handled the situation in terms of his interview. But I am absolutely convinced that Gary Condit, whatever people may say about him, in terms of his private life, I'm absolutely convinced that he had nothing to do whatsoever with the kidnapping and murder of Chandra Levy. Otherwise, I wouldn't be representing him. That's what I tell my clients.

Interview With Lin Wood; Larry King
CNN Larry King Live 07-11-2003

Good find! I would say Wood slipped on that one.

jane:

About the word skipper highlighted - kidnapping - I agree, it's interesting. The word 'kidnapping' wouldn't normally be used when a jogger is raped and killed. Kidnapping sounds more like someone snatched from one place and brought to another.

rd:

even brought from the trail down the hill would be kidnapping. I think the term is used accurately after Chandra was found. Said earlier before she was found, it would have been interesting.

jane:

There still is something bothersome about Wood using the word 'kidnapping'. Kidnapping is usually taking someone somewhere against their will - Chandra would have been only too willing to go anywhere with Condit, since she was in love with and trusted him. So to say "I don't think Condit kidnapped her" isn't really saying alot. You don't have to kidnap someone who wants to be with you. It could even be easier for Wood to say, "I don't think he kidnapped and murdered her" because it would have more truth than saying "I don't think he murdered her."

rd:

That is why he says it. The concept of her willingly being on the side of that mountain with knotted stockings implies bondage with Condit. Kidnapping implies not Condit, just as you point out above.

jane:

But Condit is someone who liked kinky bondage games, so knotted clothing doesn't let him off the hook.

rd:

That is why Lin says kidnapped, jane.

jane:

TEXT
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OFFICIAL CODE 2001 EDITION
DIVISION IV. CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE AND PRISONERS.
TITLE 22. CRIMINAL OFFENSES AND PENALTIES.
SUBTITLE I. CRIMINAL OFFENSES.
CHAPTER 20. KIDNAPPING.
§ 22-2001. Definition and penalty; conspiracy.

Whoever shall be guilty of, or of aiding or abetting in, seizing, confining, inveigling, enticing, decoying, kidnapping, abducting, concealing, or carrying away any individual by any means whatsoever, and holding or detaining, or with the intent to hold or detain, such individual for ransom or reward or otherwise, except, in the case of a minor, by a parent thereof, shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by imprisonment for not more than 30 years. For purposes of imprisonment following revocation of release authorized by § 24- 403.01, the offense defined by this section is a Class A felony. This section shall be held to have been violated if either the seizing, confining, inveigling, enticing, decoying, kidnapping, abducting, concealing, carrying away, holding, or detaining occurs in the District of Columbia. If 2 or more individuals enter into any agreement or conspiracy to do any act or acts which would constitute a violation of the provisions of this section, and 1 or more of such individuals do any act to effect the object of such agreement or conspiracy, each such individual shall be deemed to have violated the provisions of this section.
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, also had picked up on that, but thought maybe it was just me. Glad you guys noticed it too.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an odd choice of words, kidnapping?!!

Benn: Those bracelets allegedly cost $2,500.00 a piece. That is a pretty expensive bracelet to give just a friend. The bracelet on Chandra was never recovered, as well as her signette ring.
benn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate, did the police look for the bracelet? Has Condit ever acknowledged giving Chandra a gold bracelet? Is that something that you give to a casual friend, or even a good friend?

The plot gets thicker and more interesting.

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all. Peri and Benn you are on the right track with the bracelets. Anne Marie has one- I presume that she kept it- and it wouldn't be that hard to find out where it was purchased.

If someone could contact Anne Marie and get some info about her bracelet, maybe we could do some research?

I'm sure that her attorney knows how to contact her.

ls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: