www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police to hand over case notes !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markybug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Police to hand over case notes ! Reply with quote

https://www.reddit.com/r/jenniferkesse/comments/b3rrw6/breaking_news_the_kesses_won_their_lawsuit_with/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Found this on the sub dedicated to jenns case on Reddit, thoughts on this ? Hopefully leading to something!
Nancy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Markybug. Thank you for this. I heard there was big news coming, but--I saw it here first, with thanks to you.

Well, it's good news for Mr. and Mrs. Kesse. It sounds like they get to keep their house, at least.

Now let's see if it results in being good news for Jennifer.

The WFTV link doesn't work good these days on my very old computer, but here is the Orlando Sentinel article:

Quote: The family paid the city $18,648.24 — money they got from donations — and has already gotten copies of about eight notebooks with notes from the investigation, attorney Michael Kest said.

Police are redacting some things, like social security numbers of people involved in the investigation, but are no longer saying they cannot release any information because the case in an active investigation, Kest said.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-jennifer-kesse-missing-orlando-police-case-file-20190321-story.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this is great news! Thanks Marky.
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news today. An "amateur sleuth" in St. Augustine who was investigating the 2010 death of a local woman, Michelle O'Connell, was determined to have been murdered in his home near end of January.

We'll call him a he, went by both genders, but Michelle's mother believed both her daughter and this sleuth were murdered. Police finally agreeing on the sleuth. Eli / Ellie Washtock. The corpse was unrecognizable, had to be ID'd by dental records, but managed to determine murder 3 months later.

Michelle's boyfriend, and the man Washtock was investigating was and is a deputy sheriff for the county. And was "in the garage" when the boyfriend's "service revolver" went off, "soon after breaking up with her boyfriend", according to her mother. Poor Michelle, mother of a young child, just couldn't take it anymore doncha know. Obviously suicide as the deputy rushed in from the garage. Obviously. And was ruled suicide. I'm not making that up.

Anyway the reason I'm posting this here is Washtock started looking into the case last year and requested crime scene photos from the sherrif's department via public records request. And the sheriff's department released a disk to Washtock in response.

And Washtock was murdered. So I guess there's a lesson here. Like young mothers break up with their boyfriend's and then commit suicide with their boyfriend's gun all the time. All the time.

I probably have dozens and dozens of threads like that.

Oh wait, it's actually the other way around. They die at the hands of their boyfriend. It's the reason I put this website up. And someone paid the ultimate price for looking into it.

rd

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ellie-marie-washtock-investigates-murder-of-young-mom-michelle-oconnelland-winds-up-dead
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked news today to see if anything has developed on turning case notes over to Kesses. No news articles, but Kesses have updated their site http://jenniferkesse.com/ to say that case records are being turned over indicating a little at a time, and not much help.

I made a donation to their GoFundMe www.gofundme.com/help-us-find-jennifer-kesse to help fund the investigation. They are hoping something that will help is yet to be turned over.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading of how they still "celebrate" her birthday is so sad--with a meal of family favorites and a raised glass, followed by a rendition of Happy Birthday and cutting the ice-cream cake.

OMG, I couldn't swallow.

And they say they are not victims.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kesses released an update on their GoFundMe for their investigation:

www.gofundme.com/help-us-find-jennifer-kesse

a key quote:
The long and short of the present is we still don’t have all the files, we still are questioning redacted pages we need to, and we see no end in sight of the process at this point.

The information we do have unfortunately has to be worked with due to the manner in which the files have been transferred to us. There is no rhyme or reason as to the order of files coming our way. Again we deal with that the best we can.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A response I made on reddit:
What on earth is OPD still working on, and why isn’t it as easy as just handing them over? I truly believe that after all this time the family has a right to access everything.

That's not the half of it. Kesses had to pay lawyers to sue Orlando in a case that Orlando fought for months and months and was still fighting when a judge finally forced them to cooperate some by asking tough questions. Orlando claimed that it would take years to go through the case files and redact anything affecting an alleged ongoing investigation, to claim that the case isn't cold, so Kesses say here they are still getting redacted material they should be able to see and have to go fight over every piece of information to get anything useful to follow up on.

Orlando could be saying see I told you so because they don't want anyone to successfully retrieve the cold case file on their missing loved one, probably a little bit of that at least, and a whole lot of they don't have any idea who might call them with a confession or name someone, and don't want any information released at all so that the pointed at suspect can't say but you made that information public yada yada and somehow deprive them of their one and only scenario for dealing with Jennifer Kesse's disappearance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: