www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chino
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Chino Reply with quote

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. However, without really intending it, I've noticed I have gathered several photos of this person nicknamed Chino.

In the blogosphere, he has become the person of interest. I guess that's what captures my attention, not so much that I believe it myself.

FYI, Chino is a common nickname.

Some of the images I'm going to add are mugshots that include a name, address, date of birth, height, etc.

This is a work in progress, so I probably won't get it all done today. :)
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First/Middle/Last: PATRICIO NMN TOLEDO-CHINO

Date of Birth: 12/01/1984

Height: 5′ 6″ (1.68 m)

Address: 4626 OAKRIDGE ROAD [Orlando, Florida]

Arrest Date/Time: 4/10/2006
https://mugshots.com/US-States/Florida/Lake-County-FL/Orlando/Patricio-Toledo-Chino.21182957.html

From what I gather, this particular Chino is believed not to be "the Chino". The interest here seems to be only his hairstyle.

But notice his date of birth and his address. He is around 22-years-of-age in this photo.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: CHINO, PATRICIO TOLEDO

DOB: 1/12/1984

Height: 5' 3"

Address: W OAK RIDGE RD, ORLANDO, FL 32809

Warrant Issued: 7/15/2010
https://mugshots.com/US-States/Florida/Orange-County-FL/Patricio-Toledo-Chino.126196182.html?fbclid=IwAR3d6fgLCOuC68U1c-etTYldBySOiFLSGj19VOyNbkI0A1CbELoqGL29ANI

I'm not sure what the blogosphere consensus is concerning whether or not this is "the Chino".

Notice he is born in the same year. The month and day of birth could be a transposition error: 01/12 (Jan. 12) and 12/01 (Dec. 01).

They have the same zip code.

This one is apparently 3-inches shorter. At 26-years-of-age, he appears beefier.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: PATRICIO TOLEDO-CHINO

Date of Birth: 12/01/1984

Arrest Date: 11/03/2012
https://mugshots.com/US-States/Florida/Seminole-County-FL/Patricio-Toledo-Chino.25452368.html?fbclid=IwAR19-yynfs59zsGUSLwuRbztBYw1dgi4v4BgYZg9AL9YgCPi9uG6_eUHqIg

Not as much info is given on this one. The year of birth holds steadfast.

This person is 28-years-old in this image.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the images I have with any info attached to them, such as a name, DOB, address, etc.

As I believe all three of those images are of the same individual, and if I believe the chatter by the internet folks, the person captured in my comments above is not 'the Chino" who is believed to be the POI in Jennifer's case.

The next few I'm adding are from CBS new articles, and they more or less confirm their images are of "the Chino".

ETA: I've added two additional images: one unconfirmed, and one from the Oxygen special.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/jennifer-kesse-disappearance-timeline/16/

Snipped quote:
Quote:
Chino had done work in Jennifer's condo just one week before she disappeared.

Snipped quote:
Quote:
And Chino is 5'9" -- taller than the figure's height estimated by police.

Snipped quote:
Quote:
Chino agreed to take a lie detector test. He passed.

Snipped quote:
Quote:
In 2009, Detective Wright interviewed him and asked him about working in Jennifer's condo:

DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: … when you did the work in her unit, uh – was she present while you were doing it

CHINO: Yes, she was.

DETECTIVE WRIGHT: …how did you get into the condo?

CHINO: She let us in.

DETECTIVE WRIGHT: Was everything normal?

CHINO: Everything was normal. … She got ready for work and left.

Snipped quote: Chino was then asked about the pictures -- the ones that the housekeeper said may have looked like him:

DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: …you know the photos that you looked at earlier – the guy walking by the gate?

CHINO: Right.

DETECTIVE WRIGHT: is there any reason why somebody would – would say that was you?

CHINO: No, not really.

No name is given for the person being interview in the following quote, but my guess would be that it is "Ben":

Snipped quote:
Quote:
Wright also re-interviewed another maintenance worker who had done repairs with Chino in Jennifer's condo.

DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: Nobody mad about anything? Getting along fine?

WORKER: Everybody getting along fine, regular conversation. Just letting us know what she wanted to be done in her unit.

And I couldn't help wondering if this was one of the building managers that entered Jennifer's condo at the request of the Kesses as they were driving to Orlando on the 24th:

Snipped quote:
Quote:
Detective Wright then interviewed the building manager at Jennifer's condo to find out if there were any issues between Jennifer and Chino -- or anyone else:

DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: Are you aware of anybody that might've had a problem with Jennifer that worked there or lived there?

MANAGER: No.

All the above quotes are from this link. Just scroll down past the video.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jennifer-kesse-disappearance-parents-investigation/
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is "the Chino" in 2020. The screenshot is from the video at the link below.

Quote:
Peter Van Sant: The last time police officially questioned Chino was back in 2009. Now we have some of our own questions we'd like to ask. So, I'm heading now to his last known address where I'm hoping we can find him.

Peter Van Sant: Hey, how are ya? Chino. I'm Peter Van Sant with CBS News.

"48 Hours" agreed not to use his full name. When we asked about Jennifer Kesse, Chino quickly reiterated that he was innocent.

Chino: I even did a lie detector test. I mean, everybody knows for a fact that I had nothing to do with Jennifer Kesse.

Peter Van Sant: You had nothing to do with her disappearance?

Chino: Not at all.

Peter Van Sant: Where were you the morning of January 24th, 2006?

Chino: I don't have to answer any questions, but that's for sure.

And what about that photo taken by security cameras?

Peter Van Sant: Is this you?

Chino: No, it's not.

Peter Van Sant: Do you know who this is?

Chino: No, actually I don't. I do not.

Peter Van Sant: Now you were the maintenance man there. You saw all the workers at that complex. You don't recognize this figure?

Chino [talking to a woman in his home]: Mi amor. It's OK. I have nothing to hide. I do not recognize that person.

Peter Van Sant: Do you know of anyone who might have been involved in Jennifer Kesse's disappearance? Anyone?

Chino: Believe me, if I did know anyone that was involved in that, the Kesse family would be knowing as well.

Chino: I met Jennifer Kesse. She was a beautiful person. She had no problem with me.

Before we left, Chino even agreed to talk with the Kesse team. And in fact, weeks later he did. But there were no big headlines and Torretta presses on.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jennifer-kesse-disappearance-parents-investigation/
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This image comes from Reddit. It's posted beside a sketch artist's rendition of a suspect in a rape case of 2005.

It is on Jennifer's thread or one of them, although the discussion is pertinent to the rape.

I do believe it's another picture of "the Chino" person believed to be the POI seen leaving Jennifer's vehicle.
Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In summary, the following three thumbnails are not POI Chino. Only of someone with the same nickname, a height that falls in the "right" range, a helmet hairstyle, and an address near Jennifer. Also, he was in the same line of work and has similar violent convictions.

The next three thumbnails are said to be "the Chino". The one who worked with Ben in Jennifer's condo the week before she disappeared, if not the actual POI that was seen exiting Jennifer's vehicle. The one who lived somewhere in the Mosaic in 2006. I don't even want to touch the illegal alien status, but this Chino is still in the country and able to be located.

The image below from the Oxygen channel special on Jennifer's case is also said to be "the Chino". They say he is about 5' 9" tall, which is the only confirmable detail I have.

I'm not sure about this, but I think the original image was captured somewhere around the time of Jenn's disappearance.

Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some small points that bug me here.

The first being that on January 27, 2006, two detectives began interviewing all maintenance people. (Background checks had already been run. While Ben had a criminal background at that time, I don't believe Chino did).

The original "Chino is involved" tip had probably already come in.

Jennifer's vehicle was found on January 26, 2006, around 8:10 am, and the surveillance video at the HOTG was located within hours.

Thus, if they had the above information as they began interviewing, how could not one but two detectives overlook a person with the nickname of Chino as per the anonymous tip and whose build and posture appeared strikingly similar to the person captured on CAM3?

It seems to have taken them at least two years to put it together.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing us up to speed on this Chino business, Nancy.
I'm going to refer to them as Chino and Toledo-Chino in my comments.
I like Chino's responses. I've read an awful lot of responses to questions about a woman's disappearance these last 20 years, and I wish I could say more of them were simple and genuine like Chino's, but they aren't.

I'm puzzled by the Lee County mug shot of Chino. That is Ft. Myers, and there was nothing in comments above of Chino having a criminal record. What is the basis of this picture being of Chino?

Along the same lines, as I've commented before, what is basis of this image of a workman with face blurred being of Chino working at the Mosaic around the time of Jennifer's disappearance? Who came up with this?
I don't believe it's anything but a random convenient picture off the internet and face was blurred unless / until there's one heck of a trustworthy source for image.
And there's not too many trustworthy sources in Jennifer Kesse's disappearance. This site is the only one that I know of that I trust.

Toledo-Chino is an interesting helmet hairstyle. However I went over that helmet outline in image 2 on screens including a big screen tv looking for the slightest deviation of a smooth curve and smooth indentations and found not one deviation from perfection.

That is a solid helmet, not hair, although not too many care to look to see it.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy, this is awesome work and would be beneficial to be seen in public if you're ever so inclined to give permission for me to move it.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Nancy, this is awesome work and would be beneficial to be seen in public if you're ever so inclined to give permission for me to move it.
Oh, sure, RD. I don't mind. Whatever you think.

I went this route because I don't think there is anything new here, but I felt I needed to put it all together for myself somewhere.

This is such a great forum for offering a place to organize and view everything gathered over months and stuffed someplace on my computer.

Thank you.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Thanks for bringing us up to speed on this Chino business, Nancy.
I'm going to refer to them as Chino and Toledo-Chino in my comments.
I like Chino's responses. I've read an awful lot of responses to questions about a woman's disappearance these last 20 years, and I wish I could say more of them were simple and genuine like Chino's, but they aren't.

I'm puzzled by the Lee County mug shot of Chino. That is Ft. Myers, and there was nothing in comments above of Chino having a criminal record. What is the basis of this picture being of Chino?
I believe it first came to light on the recent 48 Hour special on Jennifer's case. That was filmed and released sometime in October of 2020.

Here are the identifying notes they give beside the picture, which they also air on the show.

Quoted:
The Interview
When Detective Wright found Chino, he was serving time for a statutory rape charge. On March 18, 2009, Wright interviewed Chino in prison and asked him about that time he worked in Jennifer's condo. Chino said Jennifer let him inside her condo. "Everything was normal." Chino also told him, "I don't have any idea what happened to her." That day, Chino took a polygraph test and he passed.

CREDIT: Lee County Sheriff's Office

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/jennifer-kesse-disappearance-timeline/16/

The CBS special was done by Peter Van Sant--a pretty good reporter, one of the few maybe. He's careful and he verifies.

I tried a reverse-image search and everything I could think of, but I couldn't uncover any more info.

I think when they first interview him in 2006 he did not have a criminal record at that point; however, by 2009, he did.

rd wrote:
Along the same lines, as I've commented before, what is basis of this image of a workman with face blurred being of Chino working at the Mosaic around the time of Jennifer's disappearance? Who came up with this?
I don't believe it's anything but a random convenient picture off the internet and face was blurred unless / until there's one heck of a trustworthy source for image.
And there's not too many trustworthy sources in Jennifer Kesse's disappearance. This site is the only one that I know of that I trust.
Yeah. That image comes from the Oxygen special: Up and Vanished "New Hope in Orlando".

I watched it more than once. I took my own screenshots and made notes on it, but I can't find my stuff. I don't know what I did with them. If I misfiled them, I did a good job. I think I must have deleted them because I have looked and I know I had this computer when I watched it.

Anyway, I'd only give the show about a "2" out of "10"; but something stuck with me enough that I believed they researched enough to have verified that image to be the "real Chino".

I'll have to try to watch that again, but I'm not looking forward to it. Sorry about that--I thought no one was paying attention to me in here and I'd just let it slide. :)

Caught me.

rd wrote:
Toledo-Chino is an interesting helmet hairstyle. However I went over that helmet outline in image 2 on screens including a big screen tv looking for the slightest deviation of a smooth curve and smooth indentations and found not one deviation from perfection.

That is a solid helmet, not hair, although not too many care to look to see it.
I'm working on a map with his old address on it and some other interesting addresses. Plus, his height fits the ridiculous height given by the FBI. In all honesty, I wonder if law enforcement didn't have the two confused in the beginning.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Found the thread. :)

I'm fresh back from watching the Up and Vanished "New Hope in Orlando" special on Jennifer.

The link blocks me when I try to do a screenshot--probably because it's under a paywall. All I get is a black screen. I had forgotten all about that and spent hours and hours looking for them. Duh.

Anyway, I wish I could show you but I'll try to describe a little bit more about his physical description and then I'll post a transcript I did that may support my belief that it is an actual picture of "the Chino". You decide.

First to the description: He is wearing faded, baggy black jean shorts which end just below his knees. He has white sneakers on his feet. I tried and tried but the earliest freeze I can get only shows one foot partially. His legs appear very thin and he has no socks on. The one sneaker I can see seems to come right up to his ankle. I would not say it is a high top sneaker, though. It reminds me very much of the image you have blown up of the POI foot. His foot fits in his sneaker like that.

Next, I'll add my transcription. It's a bit longer than necessary but I'll bold the most appropriate part. I know the link won't work for anyone, but I wanted to show that I at least have a link and didn't copy this from anywhere.

I might be way off base here, but I think that photo might have been one in the photo array Wright used to have the person identify Chino. When Detective Wright talks about going to the complex to show a photo array to someone still there in 2008 who had worked there in 2006, that is the only time "the Chino" photo is shown.

Elsewhere in the episode, when they are doing recreations, they show a tall guy with long, curly black hair usually pulled up in a man bun. They even add a few hairs straight down under the bun to make it look as much like the POI picture as they can. Also, they show him often in white coveralls.

ETA: Just because I posted this transcript doesn't mean I agree with what is being said. My opinion is I believe the seemingly firmly closed mind of the detective and the unwillingness to look elsewhere is the problem with this case.

At 22:21 minutes in:
Reporter: I'm on my way to meet retired Orlando police detective, Joel Wright, who took on Jennifer's case six months after she vanished. He has agreed to speak to me even though Orlando Police Department denied our request for an interview.

When this case landed in your lap what were your first thoughts about what may have happened to her?

Wright: My thoughts were that Jennifer was able to get ready for work that Tuesday morning. From the evidence found in her condo, it looked as if she had gotten ready for work. There was a damp towel in the shower. And probably made it down the stairs. I think she probably made it to her car and I believe she was abducted at that time.

Reporter: What time would that be at, do you think?

Wright: 7:30 in the morning.

Reporter: That's broad daylight, though, right?

Wright: Yes. Considering the occupancy of her condo complex, it isn't a far reach to say she could have been abducted right at her car and taken away without anybody seeing it.

Reporter: So, if that did happen--theorize that for a second--what happens after that? Because that person doesn't park that car until hours later.

Wright: Right. My theory has been and still is, that whoever abducted Jennifer took her and during that time period did something with her. And then brought the car back and parked it a mile away from Jennifer's condo.

Reporter: What evidence makes you think that it happened in the morning and not at night?

Wright: I received a tip early in the investigation--and this is the day that her car was found. It would be that Thursday. And they called and said we might have seen that car on Tuesday morning. And it was some people who lived across the street from where Jennifer lived. And they saw a car driving erratically coming out of that drive. And it was sometime shortly after 7:30. And that's why I go with the timeline. I know other people might theorize that she was out the night before.

Reporter: What is your opinion of the surveillance footage?

Wright: I go to this source who used to be a housekeeper in the complex. That housekeeper had never seen a picture of the person of interest that you see walking by the fence. So I showed her that picture. She said that looks like Chino.

So I went back to my office and I just entered the word Chino into the tracking system and, sure enough, in the first week of the investigation a crime line tip had come in saying a person known as Chino is involved in this.

Reporter: At the time of Jennifer's disappearance Chino was living and working in her apartment complex. He was not questioned by law enforcement until Joel considered him a suspect in 2008--two years after Jennifer vanished.

Wright: I needed to find out who Chino was and I went to a person who still worked at the complex. One of the few people who stuck around. And showed him a photo array and said who is Chino. And he picked him right out of the workers. Chino was working with another person that they called Ben. So I found Ben first. So Ben said yeah Chino and I worked in her condo that week before she went on her trip.

Reporter: Ben was the head of maintenance at her condo. Logan told us that he had an argument with Ben and several other workers the morning Jennifer vanished.

Did the painters and construction workers have access to the apartments? Did they have a master key?

Wright: They had ways of getting a master key.

Reporter: So Chino and Ben--where are these guys right now?

Wright: I don't know where either one of them are now. Chino was in prison. I don't think he is in prison anymore.

Reporter: What was the charge? Do you remember?

Wright: A sexual battery case involving a minor that he was charged for. Which also, of course, raised a red flag because he was in prison for that when I developed him as a suspect.

Reporter: I think as far as circumstantial evidence goes, these guys fit the bill. So what happens next? Or does it just end here?

Wright: We did do the polygraphs and the FBI polygrapher said not only did he pass; he passed with flying colors. Which really surprised me.

Reporter: As far as your gut feeling about those individuals. Any thoughts?

Wright: My gut feeling is, as far as suspects go, they are right at the top. I'm not going to say that they killed Jennifer or abducted Jennifer, but at minimum, my gut feeling is that they know something about it. The chances of ever solving this case are going to lie somewhere in people who worked there or lived there.

Reporter: Do you think she was murdered?

Wright: Unfortunately, that's what I believe. I hope I'm wrong about that, and I hope that one day she turns up alive. That would be great. But I think she was murdered that day before noon. Unfortunately, in a place like central Florida, there are so many places you can dispose of a body where no-one would ever locate the body.

https://www.hayu.com/show/125676072165
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: