www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logan's Media Statements
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Logan's Media Statements Reply with quote

I'm not sure it's worthwhile doing this, but there is a lot of confusion over what Logan said or didn't say so I tried to source some of it.

I'll start the thread with some of my own transcripts.

FYI - Logan speaks very fast, making him difficult to transcribe. As always I recommend going to the link and listening for yourself.

I apologize for my link for the Oxygen special being behind a paywall, but in my area, that's the only option I could find. I'm pretty sure if you live in the US, it's available for free.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxygen Special - Up and Vanished
S1 E5 New Hope in Orlando
March 14, 2020

@ 7:45 Minutes:
Meredith: So it's my understanding that you spent some time at Jennifer's apartment before she went missing.

Logan: Yeah, that weekend.

Meredith: Yeah. Can you tell us about that weekend? How many people were there with you, and why you were there?

Logan: Jenn wasn't going to be there. She had a free place to stay. So it was me and essentially two buddies.

Voice Over: After a weekend of parting Logan and his friends head home, but Trevor [Travis] Logan's best friend accidentally leaves behind his cell phone.

On Monday, January 23, 2006, Jennifer returns from her vacation and goes directly to the office. And according to witnesses, she eventually returns home from work at 6:30 pm that evening.

Logan: We talked to her that night. So the night she got back we all talked to her. I was living at my parent's house at the time and I just told her, hey please mail it. She said okay I'll do it--probably do it on my way to work tomorrow 'cause it was late there. And we were like cool deal, no rush. No big deal.

Jennifer promises Logan that she will mail back Trevor's [Travis's] cell phone as soon as she can.

https://www.hayu.com/show/125676072165
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxygen Special - Up and Vanished
S1 E5 New Hope in Orlando
March 14, 2020

@ 11:10 Minutes:
Voiceover: At 1:00 pm, Jennifer's brother, Logan, is the first to arrive at her condo and he confirms that her car is missing but he noticed something suspicious. A white van sitting right next to her empty parking spot.

Logan: The maintenance workers there that were sitting in their vehicle; in a van parked right next to where her spot was.

Voiceover: Logan immediately tries to speak to the workers to see if they saw Jennifer.

Logan: Hey have you seen this girl? Do you know who this girl is? Who is the girl that lives there? I'm banging on the glass, hey guys, you know, I'm yelling and they were just not paying attention to me. You know, nothing, nothing, nothing. I'm like this is weird. So we see another maintenance guy walking around the building so I run over to him. Same vibe, same awkwardness.

Voiceover: The head of maintenance at the complex is called over to speak to Logan.

Logan: Ben is the head maintenance guy there who is a shady individual; very rude; very sketchy. Very uncomfortable feeling. Said no they hadn't seen her they don't know. Those workers that were there--that's not the way you act personally. You know, if somebody is missing and you have family freaking out. That's not. You're not a dick. I'm sorry. You're not going to not want to help.

Meridith: Do you feel strongly that one of the people you talked to could be potentially ...

Logan: Possibly. If I go with my gut, yes, because I think it has. Nothing has changed for me since day one. I think it was the workers that were there.

Meridith: Do you think that Ben knows who those two guys are?

Logan: Without a doubt. Without a doubt. Without a doubt. He would have to. They called him. He's the one they radioed. And then those guys disappeared. Disappeared.

Voiceover: The workers have never been identified.

https://www.hayu.com/show/125676072165
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an answer from someone in the Kesse family--I'm not sure if it's actually Drew Kesse.

It's a white pick-up truck, not a van. However, Logan repeatedly calls it a van. A van. A van.

Why then does the Kesse family want us to believe it was a white pick-up truck? Wasn't Logan the one who was actually there?

And just to add, these statements on "Clearing up Confusion" are held as The Truth.

MARCH 2, 2020
by Drew Kesse, Organizer
Clearing up Confusion, Final Entry

Q. Is the story about Logan seeing a van parked in Jenn's space true? If so, what exactly happened, and did Logan actually speak to them?
A. A van was not parked in Jennifer’s spot. A white pick-up truck was parked near her spot. Logan tried to speak with the occupants but they didn't speak English.

(This is another one that I can't properly link, but it can be found by going to the "Go Fund Me" page and clicking on "See Older Updates".
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House of Broken Dreams: The Jennifer Kesse Story
Fox News Channel
November 11, 2020

At 15:52 minutes
Christina Corbin: Logan Kesse, Jenn's younger brother, was the first one to show up at Mosaic looking for Jenn at around 11:30 am on the 24th. Logan now lives in [redacted] with a family of his own.

Logan: When I got a call I was in the gym. Got back out to the car--had a bunch of missed calls from my folks. Called my dad. He was at the house and he just said basically something is going on with Jenn or Jenn is not answering. Or something. Something along those lines. And I'm like well what do you mean? He said nobody can get ahold of Jenn. She didn't work. Tom call me (who is one of my parents' really good friends and he was the CFO of her company). He said it's unlike her this and that, nobody can get ahold of her. And obviously to me that immediately--like right now I have goosebumps because that's not like her obviously. At all. And I had a feeling initially. So I ran home. My dad was like come home. Got home, we were chatting it up. He said look, mom was at work. She was up in Tampa at Moffit. He was going to pick her up. I said alright. I'm right behind you. I was going too. So I'm driving up and I called Travis who was there with me on the weekend. I'm like Trav you'll never f'ing believe. I'm like telling him all this stuff. I'm like I need you to come to Orlando with me. My parents are going to be a little bit behind us, but I want to head out now. So we just went up to Tampa, me and my dad and he picked up my mom, picked up Trav and we cruised out there. And I think we beat him by, I don't know, a half-hour, an hour or something like that. But on the car ride there it was just talking to my parents. We were calling hospitals. We were calling everybody. We're calling friends. We just kind of like divvied it all up. You know what I mean? And it just didn't sit right, you know?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/gone-s2-e1/id1539220513?i=1000498214968
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House of Broken Dreams: The Jennifer Kesse Story
Fox News Channel
November 11, 2020

@17:22:
Logan: And then I get there and that's where it all started personally with the workers. You know, I get there. Everything looks fine. Her unit and all that kind of stuff. Except for, you could tell, like I think she got ready for work cause there was clothes out, a towel out, wet shower, whatever. So whether it was the night before or that morning. Long story short, the unit looked regular. Like her apartment looked regular. So, hopped downstairs. Just walking around the complex.

Christina Corbin: When Logan arrived at Jenn's condo that morning he felt uneasy about some of the maintenance workers.

Logan: We see a van sitting, you know, in the front which we parked next to. I didn't notice there was two people in it. But come down I see there is two workers in it. I'm a little hostile at that point because nobody can get ahold of my sister. It's been a few hours. Obviously the alarm bells were freaking every body out cause nothing in the hospitals; nothing from police. No arrests; not in the hospital; no car accidents, nothing like that.

So I immediately just started asking everybody around, you know? I see, like I don't know if it was a neighbor or somebody pulled away in a car. I see this guy down there next to our car. I'm like well shit, okay. I said hey; you know, knock on the door. What's up? Have you seen the girl who lives up there? I asked if they seen the girl. There was no. Then they didn't want to look at me. They didn't want to make eye contact at me. I'm banging on their door. Open the door and they are not. They are not acknowledging me. They are not opening their window. They are not opening their door. There is just nothing. Okay. So that's when it started to get really weird to us; to me and Travis. Like what? Like answer the f'ing door. Have you seen this girl? Do you know where she is at? Like nothing.

Christina Corbin: So they didn't roll down their window? They didn't open their door?

Logan: Nothing. Nothing, nothing, nothing.

Christina Corbin: So you're knocking on the window. You're trying to talk to these guys. They are not even acknowledging you.

Logan: Nothing.

Christina Corbin: And so then what happens?

Logan: So we just start going to the next; walking around the backside of the building. And that's where we saw another worker and went up to him. And he was speaking and I said hey, hey, hey. I want to ask you a question. I want to talk to you. I got a question for you. Have you seen that girl up there? We're frantic mind you, so it could have alarmed him. But hey have you seen that girl up there? You know. No, no. Nothing. Nothing. And then I'm like who are the guys? I'm just asking a bunch of questions. Like what is going on? Who are the guys in the front? When did you see her? You know, just going through it all. And he starts, you know, I'm in the middle of kind of drilling it and maybe I'm making him freaked out, he starts oh no no no no English. No English. No Engliss. This is the weird thing, and then he decides to like essentially kneel. And he is talking to us kneeling and no English. And we're like what are you kneeling for? It was just the weirdest encounter between both of them. And that's why to this day. To my parents, to us, to everybody, that's where the issue and the problem lies. It's these workers that were working on the building that were there, that were never even interviewed.

Christina Corbin: It must be noted that several of the maintenance workers at Mosaic at that time did not speak English. Some were employed by Mosaic while others were working as subcontractors. Many of them were also undocumented workers, according to sources.

Logan: So long story short. That all--we're talking to this guy. It's all weird. I'm getting ready, honestly, basically, I'm getting ready to beat the shit out of the guy cause he was weird and I have goosebumps talking about it now. It just didn't seem right.

Christina Corbin: So to this day we don't know who that guy was who was kneeling on the ground?

Logan: I have noooo clue.

Markybug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusing to say the least Nancy !

2 guys out front in either a van or a pickup. Maybe they radio someone or maybe the sit and say and do nothing.

Another guy nearby or out back , maybe Ben or maybe not. Maybe aggressive or maybe submissive to Logan.

Also states jenn would maybe mail the phone on her way to work. Different again from the mailing at work “fact” ?
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Logan's Media Statements Reply with quote

Nancy wrote:
I'm not sure it's worthwhile doing this, but there is a lot of confusion over what Logan said or didn't say so I tried to source some of it.

I'll start the thread with some of my own transcripts.

FYI - Logan speaks very fast, making him difficult to transcribe. As always I recommend going to the link and listening for yourself.

I apologize for my link for the Oxygen special being behind a paywall, but in my area, that's the only option I could find. I'm pretty sure if you live in the US, it's available for free.

I don't know what parts might be accessible here in US, but to watch anything requires a cable subscription with the Oxygen channel. You have to enter your cable site password on the Oxygen site and the cable company says it's good or not, and then Oxygen plays the video.

I found all this out when I was in an Oxygen episode on Chandra Levy. My comments on that are up above in the Chandra Levy section.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy, I'm lifting this quote from yor research as a counter to Logan's statement above about mailingthe phone.

Quote: Jen said that she would "overnight" the phone back to him. Travis commented that Jen said he'd have it in a day or 2.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-1.35547/page-9#post-973762

It would be interesting to know who the source to the reporter is for overnight, but that was a key word from the beginning. It appears to me that what was reported early on has been changed, yet again seems agenda driven.

How does Jennifer saying she would "overnight it" change to she would "mail it"?

You don't just dream up words like overnight it, and then undream them to mail it.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Markybug wrote:
Confusing to say the least Nancy !

2 guys out front in either a van or a pickup. Maybe they radio someone or maybe the sit and say and do nothing.

Another guy nearby or out back , maybe Ben or maybe not. Maybe aggressive or maybe submissive to Logan.
Uh-huh. That's about it in a nutshell.

Unless both stories are fabrications, I suspect that Ben, the head of maintenance, was radioed to go to Jennifer's parking spot to assist two maintenance workers who were trapped inside a maintenance vehicle where a large, white, privileged male was banging on the windows and door.

It could be that after this encounter, Logan and Travis ran around to the pond/balcony side of Jennifer's condo building and encountered a third worker who kneeled before them. (This one I really doubt, though).

Snipped quotes from transcripts:
Voiceover: The head of maintenance at the complex is called over to speak to Logan.
Meridith: Do you think that Ben knows who those two guys are?
Logan: ...He would have to. They called him. He's the one they radioed.

Markybug wrote:
Also states jenn would maybe mail the phone on her way to work. Different again from the mailing at work “fact” ?
That's what stood out for me, too.
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Logan's Media Statements Reply with quote

rd wrote:
I don't know what parts might be accessible here in US, but to watch anything requires a cable subscription with the Oxygen channel. You have to enter your cable site password on the Oxygen site and the cable company says it's good or not, and then Oxygen plays the video.

I found all this out when I was in an Oxygen episode on Chandra Levy. My comments on that are up above in the Chandra Levy section.
Now you've got me wondering if I can watch the Chandra Levy episode with my Hayu subscription. LOL, I might get my money's worth out of it yet.

Regarding Jennifer's episode, they showed two noteworthy shots from old WFTV footage.

One is we see the driver's side door of Jennifer's vehicle opened and the dogs inside. IIRC, Bo is standing with all four feet on the driver's seat sniffing the headrest. The other dog is deeper inside the vehicle, but I have to go back and check for further details.

This gives credibility to law enforcement's statement that they did have in their possession a key to Jennifer's vehicle.

The second one is a still image of the goose-stepping woman at the gate on the day LE was measuring for the height of the POI. They show a "line of sight" going over her head right up to the gable on the pool house roof where you pointed out that CAM3 was located. Thumbs up to you for that accurate information. :)
Nancy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Nancy, I'm lifting this quote from yor research as a counter to Logan's statement above about mailingthe phone.

Quote: Jen said that she would "overnight" the phone back to him. Travis commented that Jen said he'd have it in a day or 2.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-1.35547/page-9#post-973762

It would be interesting to know who the source to the reporter is for overnight, but that was a key word from the beginning. It appears to me that what was reported early on has been changed, yet again seems agenda driven.

How does Jennifer saying she would "overnight it" change to she would "mail it"?

You don't just dream up words like overnight it, and then undream them to mail it.
It appears the source is either Travis or Logan. I've found a little more discussion on it but it seems to only solidify the confusion.

1) Snipped quote from Websleuths; post and article dated Feb 10, 2006. It again uses the word "overnight" without naming the source, but it's also interesting in that it highlights the confusion in releasing information pertinent to Jennifer's case that has permeated it for now 15 years.

Jennifer's family now confirms her younger brother Logan had stayed at her condo with several of his friends while she was on vacation the weekend before she vanished. Police have had that information from the beginning.

"Absolutely they've looked at them. They've had multiple discussions with them. They will go through the same thing everyone else will go through," said Jennifer's father, Drew.

Channel 9 has also learned one of those friends left a cell phone at Jennifer’s condo and asked her to overnight it. The Monday night or Tuesday morning she disappeared, she may have left her condo looking for a roadside drop box to mail that cell phone. The package is missing and never made it to its destination.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-1.35547/page-6#post-967558

2) This is more interesting. A comment dated February 11, 2006:
Snipped quote: The interview with Jennifer's brother, Logan, on WESH TV (channel 2 news) that aired yesterday evening had me thinking of alternate scenarios.

Apparently Logan had been using & in possession of "a friend's cell phone" that he said he left on Jen's nightstand. When he realized he had left it there - he called her & requested that she 'overnight the phone' to his friend (because it was his fault!) and he gave her the mailing address.
Edited to add:

I just reviewed the interview Logan gave on a different channel - WFTV. In this 'later' interview - Logan says that his friend left behind the now missing cell phone and he just contacted Jen on Monday evening for her to mail it to his friend. Said Jen would do it the following day. The cell phone was never received by the "friend". So -- who knows which story is factually correct or even if it matters.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-1.35547/page-7#post-968154

I quote the above comment which revisits a time when Jennifer had not yet been missing for 1-month--and 15 years later, almost to the day, we still seek the truth. "Who knows which story is factually correct?"--what a very astute question that was and remains.

"Agenda driven"--yeah, you betca.

I now think the details of the missing cell phone belonging to Travis, but probably used by Logan, may be more important than I previously realized.

The other day I found myself wondering who Logan would have used the cell phone to contact. Would he have taken pictures with it? Things of that nature. Strange, huh?
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goose stepping hunchback of Notre Dame impression is a classic.

I don't know the height of this woman, I believe she was the Orlando Police spokeswoman that is quoted extensively in the news reports at the time.

She, for example, is the one that said "don't worry about the clothes" when the police saw their own dark uniforms show up light in the surveillance camera. It "kinda bothered them" but "don't worry about it". Just identify that hairdo the 5'4" POI has. They even went to hair salons looking for clues. Yes, that was their investigation.

Let me assure you. They were and remain clueless.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the 5'4" height plus or minus that was determined is the same height of this goose stepping hunchback of Notre Dame re-enactor.

What are the odds?

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
The goose stepping hunchback of Notre Dame impression is a classic.

I don't know the height of this woman, I believe she was the Orlando Police spokeswoman that is quoted extensively in the news reports at the time.

She, for example, is the one that said "don't worry about the clothes" when the police saw their own dark uniforms show up light in the surveillance camera. It "kinda bothered them" but "don't worry about it". Just identify that hairdo the 5'4" POI has. They even went to hair salons looking for clues. Yes, that was their investigation.

Let me assure you. They were and remain clueless.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the 5'4" height plus or minus that was determined is the same height of this goose stepping hunchback of Notre Dame re-enactor.

What are the odds?

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
Please click the following link for my response. :>
https://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39974#39974

(I have a few more of Logan's statements I want to add, so hoping to keep the thread a little on track for now).
Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ 21:16
Reporter: And how many of you were there at the apartment?

Logan: At the apartment there was me and two buddies staying there. Then I had another buddy who was her ex-boyfriend, [redacted], that came and hung out with us who was one of my best friends. Cause I'm best friends with his brother my whole life and I've known Matt my whole life. So he lived in Orlando. Actually, they were dating prior to all that. But. So. He was still in Orlando, so he came and hung out. But just staying there, it was me, my buddy Trav, and my buddy Marlin.

The one above is from "The House of Broken Dreams" podcast. The one below is from the 2014 Greta special.

@ 6:09
Logan: I spent the weekend at Jenn's condo when she went to St. Croix with Rob. I had a bunch of buddies over there. It was a free place to stay. There was about three of us that were there. Travis, my best friend; and another good buddy of mine at the time was Matt, an ex-boyfriend of hers. Pretty awkward for him.
https://video.foxnews.com/v/3642478585001#sp=show-clips

Just for clarification purposes--I don't think for one moment that he had anything to do with his sister's disappearance.

I simply don't understand the dramatically changing stories. I understand that after 15 years, memories lose their clarity. But to this extent? Nah. Something else is going on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: