www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Analysis of POI head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject: Analysis of POI head Reply with quote

Responded to a post on Jennifer Kesse subreddit. The gist of it:

Yes, I agree, walking with bike helmet on only makes sense if was or going to ride a bike. It would be like any uniformed person, putting on helmet or hat when getting out of car. Trust me, I don't come up with this stuff based on logic, just what it looks like. Part of what it looks like is law enforcement badges / patches and a helmet is part of uniform, so I didn't consider that unreasonable.

I have looked at many many uniforms through the years and it even resembles a SWAT type uniform quite a bit, including the knee pad of a SWAT uniform. If the person was in uniform when getting into Jennifer's car, then of course they would walk away from the car in that uniform.

What is critical about the helmet is that if you show the helmet on any screen up to a large screen TV, which I've done, you will not see any deviation whatsoever from a perfectly rounded helmet with a back that humps and descends like some bike helmets. Everything in the images is part of a whole, every element of each image adds to a law enforcement type picture. None detract from it.

This is what I mean about the solidness of the headgear. While it is not what anyone expected, it is also something that has to be reckoned with. It just isn't what the Orlando Police wanted it to be.

rd

Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way now in 2021 to expand/clarify the face of this person as they exit the vehicle?

You can barely see the car. It is horrendous. However I did some work on that video a few years ago and a really sharp JK poster Nancy did even more work on it and we have discussed it here.The gist of what I saw was that held arm out and it reflected like the clothing so was a long sleeve shirt. The arms cannot be seen in either of the gate pictures although a tubular shape on hip is commonly assumed to be an arm thrown back we bad walk, etc. Examination shows not to be the case.

There is a pretty good face I obtained in image 3 standing next to tree. It's good enough to exclude many possibilities.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am in Scotland i am unsure how common a sight a cyclist would be in America? I thought you all stereotypically drive everywhere?!

If it was a cyclist, where is/was the bike?

marky, with the hardware on hip and back and what appears to be some insignia I projected this to be a cyclist patrolman or security guard from the beginning. That in fact has nothing to do with commonality of random cyclists to be found. I searched hard for months of my time and have found some interesting things, one a security guard cyclist that very closely resembles equipment and uniform. That was a Ft. Lauderdale security firm but they did business statewide, but went out of business a few months after Jennifer disappeared. I have that ad picture blown up on the link I gave up above.

There are aspects that could be a SWAT uniform, but the back of the helmet as anyone can see on the kessedarkened27.jpg link above is pretty much a bike helmet. I have not found any other type of helmet that tails off in the back like a bike helmet. I of course post and talk about this stuff in the hope that someone will recognize something I'm not familiar with, which is a lot. It's a solid shape. There's no two ways around it. It is what it is, and there's nothing fuzzy about the shape.

I don't think it's particularly likely he was riding a bike when he abducted Jennifer. What we see here at HOTG is his timing on his terms, directly at noon. He could be reporting to work as a bicycle patrol security guard, taking the bus. HOTG is on a major intersection with bus stops all four ways, east and west on American and north south on Texas. He may be, and I considered likely, just walking to a bus stop there at a corner.

There is also the uniformed assaulter aspect. I documented several that occurred as I did this work in 2007. Or potential assaulters. Most that made the news were caught impersonating law enforcement. There are men who will impersonate security guards and order a child to come with him and walk right out of a large store. So uniform is the opposite of what people think about not wanting to be noticed. Impersonators use the uniform as camoflauge and intimidation of victims.

All of these things are in the realm of an abduction. I don't look at the image and say it can't be because it doesn't make sense. I say why is the guy wearing a bicycle helmet and carrying hardware on his hip and back with law enforcement insignia showing up in different places. And police waiting years for someone to drop a dime isn't getting any investigation done to answer those questions.
Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you connect what you see to a theory that fits Jennifer's case?

To further explain my question, when could a young, professional woman such as Jennifer have attracted such a person's attention?

Would you suspect it is more related to a scheme she fell into through work, or a random person she met in her personal life?

Where could the connection be?
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, RD. It's frustrating. He has a head covering of some sort; I'm pretty sure of that.

It's as if there is not enough of something--what is it, pixels?--to form an identifiable image.

The middle insert is a snip from the image I believe to be the most recent enhancement Kesse mentioned briefly in his interview with Tricia. It interests me because it seems to show a definition of where whatever he has on his head ends.

rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Nancy. The last enhancement from Kesse indicates headgear, not hair. I think that's the most important first point for people to deal with.

The bike helmet you have there is the one I thought closely matched headgear in the image. What I did there in that image was heavily darken* it to flesh out solid shapes. The tradeoff is that it also darkened the hair beneath the helmet obscuring where the helmet ends and hair begins underneath it.

(*In some historical comments posted below, I refer to it as high contrast to show patterns better. I did all kinds of combinations of lightness / darkness, contrast, gamma correction, and various resizings and studied each iteration carefully. Very very time consuming. Not something the police or a paid police consultant will do.)

I commented at time in examining the images that on my 19" CRT monitor (which I still have but not on and hooked up) that you could see the texture of his hair beneath the helmet. That is, the helmet was solid but hair below it had texture. It is short hair.

We have in image 2 an excellent profile of the helmet. Granted, the ninnies in this case won't even look at it and deal with it, but for anyone that cares to look, it is an excellent extremely solid shape.

If it helped one could brush away the background dark spots and highlight the perfect curvature of the helmet, but I am able to ignore the surrounding noise focusing my eyes on the image. I have displayed this on several monitors, including a large screen tv, and the curvature is perfect, that is, not a clump of hair.

But while we don't have the more ideal head on view of profile as in image 2, image 1 gives a better view of where the helmet stops and hair begins, something like what the lastest Kesse provided image shows.

To add to your comparison, I will post all the head profiles I have from various stages of enhancement from both images 1 and 2. I will also quickly check on any comments I made about it at time and post below:

https://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=25932#25932
jane May 29, 2007
I mentioned this in the other thread, but will repeat it here - in the blown-up photo, it looks like a bicycle helmet on the person's head.

rd
yes, thanks for that picture of a cycling helmet, jane. I see how it fits the profile in the picture of the suspect.

I still think it distinctly looks like a woman's hair pulled up in a bun, but some others on websleuths think that it is a cyclist and that the shoes are biking shoes.

rd
Ok, I can see clearly now. You're right, jane. I posted a closer shot of the head and the profile is clearly that of a cycling helmet.

rd
I will be a bit brutally honest here. I think the police were looking for a gangbanger type, with baggy clothes and headgear of that type.

I think it changes everything they have ever thought when it actually looks to be a person wearing a cycling helmet and a jersey with perhaps even a local logo on it. How does a person like that end up parking Jennifer's car down the road from her condo after she disappears?

I don't know, but therein lies a missing link to Jennifer.

rd
I added another picture of the suspect passing the gate, the second still. It is blown up much larger and has high contrast to show patterns better. I think all these pictures are worth it although as I add more it'll take longer to download with dialup ISP (like I'm using to do this).

I've been working with a 19" monitor at 1024 x 768. It's an old setup, Windows Me, Netscape 7.02 browser, dialup modem, and a free or low cost old copy of Paint Shop Pro. I like it precisely because it's so old that the new internet malware doesn't faze it. And I did do all this work with it, so it can't be all that bad.

rd
In my opinion, the closeup of the back of the side of his head in both photos one and two show amazing detail of a bruise* around the suspect's neck, as well as clear detail of the back of his haircut under his hat.

(*It's a dark line around neck in all three images that doesn't seem to be solid enough and placed to be a helmet strap. But it's too dark to be a bruise, so possibly a strap of some kind.)

rd Sep 2, 2007
The next picture is a closer blowup of photo two. Here it's much clearer that the back of the head has a smooth, rounded extension of a biking helmet. His hair is cut back from the ears and trimmed in the back to military or law enforcement standards. He has a reasonable length of hair, it is not shaved or close cropped.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In looking at these head shots and posting past comments that included reference to a dark ring around his neck, I have the following observations:

- There is a similar white ring around his neck in both images 1 and 2.

- All the headshots posted below except first and last are from image 2. Any image artifact that existed is persisted to all the images. However the first headshot posted, from image 1, has the same white ring artifact around his neck. This makes it much less likely to be an image artifact, something introduced in recording the images, in the same way in same place in both images.

- Looking at surrounding area around the neck, the artifact is limited to the neck versus being a white streak across surrounding area. The first two headshots, from image 1 and image 2, are nearly identical making any aspect of the images an introduced artifact very unlikely.

- There is no sign of helmet straps anywhere in the back, behind his ears or around neck. This weighs against being a helmet. The dark ring I had supposed was somehow the helmet strap although too low on his neck.

- The white ring is in correct position for a helmet strap around neck, particularly police biking helmets versus racing helmets which have straps come up behind ears.

rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I examined all my biking helmet pictures and will post the ones below with strap around neck. Note the predominantly police helmet orientation to these images.

I do not believe the white ring is a white helmet strap. I am of the opinion that the material of the helmet strap is like his clothes, showing light in the IR washed out image.

One of the images below is particularly similar in my opinion, although the officer is black. In addition to the helmet, the shirt sleeves patches are very similar to what I see in image 1 and have noted from beginning about appearing to be law enforcement insignia.

Also included is actual Orlando Police cycling patrol, although they wear shorts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: