www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse Disappearance Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy wrote:
So, he has returned to his original statements that there were three people staying in Jennifer's condo while she was in St. Croix.

And the one he hadn't named before is the brother of the ex.

I don't know what kind of tomfoolery this is, or his reasons for it.

A quick transcript:

@ 21:16
Reporter: And how many of you were there at the apartment?

Logan: At the apartment there was me and two buddies staying there. Then I had another buddy who was her ex-boyfriend, [redacted], that came and hung out with us who was one of my best friends. Cause I'm best friends with his brother my whole life and I've known Matt my whole life. So he lived in Orlando. Actually, they were dating prior to all that. But. So. He was still in Orlando, so he came and hung out. But just staying there, it was me, my buddy Trav, and my buddy Marlin.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/gone-s2-e1/id1539220513?i=1000498214968

As I occasionally ask about Jennifer's disappearance, what was different when she disappeared?

It wasn't that she went away for the weekend. She frequently did that.

It wasn't that she had returned from being away for the weekend. She did that just as frequently.

It was that a cell phone was left in her condo and she was asked to return it to her brother's friend quickly.

And an ex was there with the brother and friends and he was a short way away at a bar at the mall at that time.

A look at the ping activity will probably show increased activity after the 10 pm call before it went dead at 10:20 pm.

The indications are that Jennifer went somewhere nearby in those 20 minutes due to dealing with the friend's cell phone and / or her ex nearby.

Cell tower ping records. Worked just as well in 2006. Show them.
Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the following transcript is Rob sharing a little about his last conversation with Jennifer.

I think it's a "Men are from Mars", "Women are from Venus" thing, but Jennifer's concerns may have caused her to be more upset than he realized.

Remember Lauren had found Jenn to be in a little bit of a "funky mood" over the situation with Rob when she spoke to her earlier in the evening.

Anyway, I think he says it best himself in the transcript below and I bolded it and underlined a part that I think is important.

They are just so close to the situation they can't see it.

She wasn't going to call Rob back and tell him she was going somewhere because she was upset with him. Due to the evening hour, she most likely wouldn't have called her parents. But a friend?

What if a "good" friend had called and asked her to meet him somewhere? Or, what if she suddenly found herself unable to sleep, and she called a "good" friend and asked him to meet her somewhere?

What if she just asked the friend to stay on the phone with her until she got in her car? Jennifer wasn't a wallflower. She wasn't scared of her own shadow. She most likely drove her own car somewhere close. Who met her once she got there?

Do they really think the friend who set the plan in motion is going to step forward and admit it?

It would be so interesting to see all the phone records for that evening. They could even redact the phone numbers and just show us the times.

That would pretty much settle things. :)

LE should have been all over it, but if someone is lying they have to catch them in their lie and maybe that's what didn't happen.

The transcript:

@ 24:03
Reporter: What happened when you got back.

Rob: That Sunday evening she was like okay I'll stay with you Sunday and then I'll drive to work on the Monday and I was like okay that's cool. We always filled her gas tank up on Sunday evening cause with it being dark at night she'd rather me go with her to fill up the gas tank so she didn't have to do it Monday morning on her own cause she would inevitably leave, you know, 5 o'clock in the morning. So that's how safety conscious she is that she wouldn't fill her gas tank up at 5 o'clock in the morning. Female, on her own, you know?

She worked Monday. It was a regular day. I know she was busy. She had a lot of projects that she had to deal with. I was busy. I had an event that evening. We'd texted and talked periodically during the day like we did every day.

And then that evening, we had a conversation as we always did. And she would call me normally on the way home from work. She had a forty-minute commute, or thirty-minute commute, that we would talk. I mean everything was the same as it always was. Just missing each other; wish we could be together; wish we were still on holiday. Regular couple stuff.

Then that evening, I know I was busy and I think she kind of felt that I wasn't reinforcing how much I missed her and how much I cared for her. We had a little bit of a disagreement there. And I was just kind of like hey look I miss you. And she was like I don't think you miss me as much as I miss you. And that type of stuff. But, the last time I talked to her was just before 10 o'clock. Cause she was going to bed, she said she was tired. And this is where I disagreed with the officers. Like, they were like oh she would have gone out at night and I'm trying to tell them like she wouldn't have gone out at night unless she communicated either with one of her parents, either with myself or with one of her friends. She wouldn't just walk out of her condo at night. This is the girl that wouldn't even go get gas at night without me.

Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Nancy wrote:
So, he has returned to his original statements that there were three people staying in Jennifer's condo while she was in St. Croix.

And the one he hadn't named before is the brother of the ex.

I don't know what kind of tomfoolery this is, or his reasons for it.

A quick transcript:

@ 21:16
Reporter: And how many of you were there at the apartment?

Logan: At the apartment there was me and two buddies staying there. Then I had another buddy who was her ex-boyfriend, [redacted], that came and hung out with us who was one of my best friends. Cause I'm best friends with his brother my whole life and I've known Matt my whole life. So he lived in Orlando. Actually, they were dating prior to all that. But. So. He was still in Orlando, so he came and hung out. But just staying there, it was me, my buddy Trav, and my buddy Marlin.

As I occasionally ask about Jennifer's disappearance, what was different when she disappeared?

It wasn't that she went away for the weekend. She frequently did that.

It wasn't that she had returned from being away for the weekend. She did that just as frequently.

It was that a cell phone was left in her condo and she was asked to return it to her brother's friend quickly.

And an ex was there with the brother and friends and he was a short way away at a bar at the mall at that time.

A look at the ping activity will probably show increased activity after the 10 pm call before it went dead at 10:20 pm.

The indications are that Jennifer went somewhere nearby in those 20 minutes due to dealing with the friend's cell phone and / or her ex nearby.

Cell tower ping records. Worked just as well in 2006. Show them.
Ha. I think we were posting at the same time. You want the pings; I'd settle for just knowing if there were any calls from or to the landline or her cell. :)

You know, I've stolen your idea as I frequently say to myself RD would say what's different about that evening and I try to work from there. LOL

I have one point to add that I think is also different about that evening, although I think it goes nowhere.

The DVD player in the car was different. I would probably have taken that into the condo before I brought up my luggage. I'd be afraid of it being stolen. So, I find it being left in the car odd. Anyway.

Here is the story I put together about the cell phone belonging to Travis and how I arrive at Jennifer having dealt with it.

So, Logan and friends arrive at Jennifer's condo Friday afternoon. Logan realizes he has forgotten his cell phone charger at home thus Travis lets him borrow his business cell phone. Travis has his personal cell phone with him. It makes sense, I guess, that he brought them both.

Now it's Monday morning and Logan needs a little nap before they leave. He goes into Jen's bedroom and sets Travis' cell phone on the bedside table as he lays down on Jenn's bed. He forgets it there.

Then we come to around 6:15 pm on Monday evening and Logan talks to Jenn as she is driving home from work. She has called her father and Logan speaks to her during that same call explaining about leaving Travis' phone in her condo.

When Jennifer gets inside her condo she locates the cell phone and calls Travis. (No time has ever been given for this.) She reminds him that he can get his messages by calling voice mail; that his battery is low; and that she will FedEx it to him in the morning. He is happy with this and that seems to settle everything.

That kind of all makes reasonable sense to me.

If it would have been me I would have put his cell phone in my purse and dealt with it when it was convenient for me to mail it.

I personally lose my nice story a little bit here because I believe Jenn had her purse in her luggage and didn't put the cell phone in it.

However, I don't see Travis' cell phone as being the reason she left her condo that evening. And I think that's why every avenue of that discussion and investigation has led to a dead end. It's not the reason. But it stops everyone from looking further.

But isn't it interesting that the brother of the ex who was supposedly drinking heavily at the bar at the mall across from Jenn's condo on the 23rd would have been one of the few people who knew Logan had left Travis' business cell phone at Jennifer's condo?

I gotta say it is. And two guys doing a podcast can't clear anybody. And LE says no-one except for Rob has been cleared.

Happy New Year to you, RD, and to all your readers and people who post.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those thoughts and good wishes, Nancy. Here's hoping for a better year and that's a very low bar to clear.

We were posting similar thoughts at same time, and that's the cue for great minds think alike. Or that we think alike anyway.

I am wondering how hypothetical the statement Jennifer tells Travis "she will FedEx it in the morning". Is that entirely speculative?

I was never able to get any info about what Jennifer actually said she would do. One poster said he was close to the family, that being UCFAlum. He has posted that Jennifer would have sent it from work. No one else has shed any light on this whatsoever, and UCFAlum has never followed up on questions about whether Jennifer had ever sent a package from work, or any other indications of why he believes this other than that's what they believe. Of course many posters also say this but they don't know anything about her past practices on this either.

The DVD player left in car is interesting. On one hand leaving something in the car in sight is something one would want to avoid a break in and theft. On other she had brought in her luggage and left it by the front door and it's understandable she didn't make another trip for the DVD player.

I have pondered her going back out to the car after she hung up to get something, but her wallet, cell phone, and friend's cell phone wouldn't have gone out with her to get something from the car. I do think that bringing in the DVD player would be part of going back out to take care of something, whatever that was.

I don't believe she was trying to get the phone sent at that time as the police immediately suggested, but I think the ex being nearby and being there at her condo with the friend that left the cell phone (Travis) is just not totally coincidental that something is involved in that in her wanting to talk to him, perhaps give the phone to him to take care of as I have speculated in past.

Travis laying on her bed, I don't know, I just don't see that staying at her condo with her brother, that just isn't what the guys would do from my experience.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing more research, ACTUS REUS Jennifer Kesse Timeline cites:
https://www.actus-reus.com/jennifer-kesse-timeline

“She works where they have FedEx and UPS right on site and that's what she had told Logan's friend that she was going to do.” -Joyce Kesse, Timestamp 13:00, Unconcluded Podcast Episode 2: Endpoints
end quote

I have a vague recollection of questioning / researching / discussing this. My vague recollection was that this sounds like both FedEx and UPS stores on site or at least nearby, and I recall doing a map / street view search and didn't find this to be the case.

So yes, there are FedEx and UPS pickups at major companies and often a FedEx dropbox nearby. But the above statement implies ability to initeract with a FedEx or UPS store clerk who will process your package and take the payment. I couldn't find any indication of a public location for FedEx or UPS stores near Jennifer's work in Ocoee. I'm going by memory so will be glad to be corrected.

That's why I ask, whoever saw Jennifer do this before? Because shipping from your employer's building would require something, like the shipping room weighing the package and taking money for what it will cost the company going by the shipping rates for Fed Ex or UPS.

I've seen stamps sold, and have bought plenty of stamps back in the day at work because way more convenient than going to the Post Office, and have a few times dropped personal mail using those stamps into outbound baskets at work to be picked up. But that is no cost to employer.

Some people om internet have said they have shipped from their employer and I asked how that worked. Usually don't get an answer. I did see one person one time say they just put it to go and company shipped as if it were a company item.

If a company is big enough to have a shipping room and scheduled pickups then they would have policies covering that. What was Jennifer's situation, and why is there no mention of her doing this before?

That's why I ask the details of how this was to work. And as in everything else in Jennifer's disapperance, no one wants to deal with inconvenient details.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for sources for some info, and stumbling down a rabbit hole of internet posts. This from Jacob Shelton on Ranker:

"Kesse's mother says she knew something was up because Jennifer's phone was "never turned off." As soon as the police registered her as a missing person, they attempted to ping her phone to find her location. There was no response. If her battery had been left in the phone, it would have been pinging."

I'm not sure why the battery is brought into this when being turned off will do same thing. A phone isn't going to ping if it is actually powered off, whether batteries are in it or not. To ping a phone the phone has to be receiving and assessing radio signals from towers to see its ID from a tower. That takes power.

If the cell phone is constantly receiving and assessing radio signals from towers that's the same as being on. That's what it does when it's on. That's how a cell phone knows a tower is sending an incoming phone call ring or text message to it.

Same as a PC. When you power a cell phone on, it boots up. Of course taking the battery out removes the power source as well. We have probably all had cell phones where you had to take the battery out and put it back in because it was stuck and wouldn't respond to anything including the power off.

"A couple of days after Kesse's disappearance, her car was spotted about a mile away from her condo. A neighbor noticed the black Chevy Malibu after seeing it on the local news. Police were able to pull up security footage of the area, and they found someone dropping off Kesse's car on January 24 around noon.

Rather than filming a fluid video, the security cameras only took still images,
each about three seconds apart. There were three images of the person driving Kesse's car, but their face was blocked by a gate in each photo.
"

Here's that reference to three seconds apart I see occasionally. The camera settings have never been released by police, if they even knew what they were, and as a result we have statements like this on the internet based on nothing.

The actual time stamps on the images are 1 second or less than previous image. Then there's the physical reality of the pictures. If you're walking along and are at the gate, the gate being wide enough for a person to walk through, think what it would take to step across the width of the gate. One thousand one. One thousand two. One thousand three. You'd not only pass the gate, you'd be able to walk to the tree beyond the gate. And that's what POI did.

There's a reference to three images above, and that is apparently that prior image to what I call image still 1 that is identical as far as I can tell but time stamp is 1 second earlier.

From my research back in 2007, and I noted in POI Image Analysis thread, typically it was a 4 camera feed to a VCR. In this case we had just 3 cameras and 1 of them was not operable. The slot of each of the 4 cameras is grabbed and a time stamp applied by VCR. If it didn't get a new feed from the camera, I believe it will apply the last feed again. That's my understanding of how that would happen.

"One of the early suspects in Kesse’s disappearance was an ex-boyfriend, Matt. On the night of the 23rd, he was drinking at the Blue Martini, a bar across the street from Kesse’s apartment complex, but it’s not clear where he went after the bar. Matt was friends with Kesse's younger brother and he'd been in her condo while she was on vacation. However, Kesse's brother, Logan, insists Matt was only nursing hurt feelings, and that he didn't do anything to hurt his sister.

When police interviewed Matt, they noted that he was upset about his breakup with Kesse, and even more so about the fact that she’d just gone on a trip with her new boyfriend. He admitted he was "inconsolable" for weeks after they split. Matt offered to take a polygraph test, but ultimately the police didn't believe he had anything to do with Kesse's disappearance. Local authorities have never gone into great detail about Matt.

According to Logan, Matt and their entire friend group were "put through the wringer" by the authorities. Matt told Fox News that he was interviewed by police days after the disappearance and a few years later in a follow-up interview.
"

Some detail here that's rarely spelled out, so we'll document it here.

"One suspect who’s drawn quite a bit of attention is Johnny Campos, a co-worker of Kesse. She had complained to her father about Campos on more than one occasion. Apparently, Campos made multiple passes at her and grew upset when she turned him down every time. According to another co-worker, Campos was upset that she was in a relationship, and was annoyed to hear about a recent vacation she had taken with her then-boyfriend.

On the day of her disappearance, Campos showed up late for work and blamed his tardiness on an unverified traffic ticket. This set off alarm bells for web sleuths and the police, but according to the authorities, there's no indication Campos had anything to do with Kesse's disappearance.
"

Wasn't the "unverified" traffic ticket actually verified and it was a Thursday or so previous week, not Tuesday the day Jennifer didn't show up for work?

This has been posted about so much all these years I'm surprised there could be a question about the traffic ticket day. There was tons of other posts about Campos, but the day of the disappearance thing I thought was put to rest. This blog summary (digest of podcasts?) is dated 2019.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A blog from True Crime Society. Here it says that Jennifer told her brother she would send it from work next day. Did she talk to Travis as well?

"At some point Jennifer talked with her brother who let her know Travis, a long time family friend, left his work phone at Jen’s condo over the weekend and asked if she could mail it back. Jennifer said she would mail the phone from work Tuesday morning."

To me, I don't take the "from work" literally in any event. To me that would also include going to a nearby FedEx or UPS store on a break to take care of it.

So it doesn't matter to me how that was done. Actually saying she would do it at work next day is the key. But did she actually say this, and to Logan and/or Travis? Were the police told this from the beginning but they still publicized that they thought she was out that night trying to send the package?
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Travis laying on her bed, I don't know, I just don't see that staying at her condo with her brother, that just isn't what the guys would do from my experience.
Oops. I'm sorry. My clumsy wording has led to a misunderstanding.

Logan and only Logan rested on Jenn's bed before returning home. He removed Travis's cell phone from his pocket (which he had been using most of the weekend) and set it on the bedside table as he did so.

That seems perfectly normal to me.

I intended it only as an explanation as to how the cell phone was forgotten where it was forgotten.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Thanks for those thoughts and good wishes, Nancy. Here's hoping for a better year and that's a very low bar to clear.

We were posting similar thoughts at same time, and that's the cue for great minds think alike. Or that we think alike anyway.

I am wondering how hypothetical the statement Jennifer tells Travis "she will FedEx it in the morning". Is that entirely speculative?
It's my own wording, but I have a source I feel is reliable so I didn't intend it to be hypothetical or speculative.

I'm going to quote actual wording and link my source. I'm praying it's okay to do this as I don't want to make trouble for myself.

Quote: Jen said that she would "overnight" the phone back to him. Travis commented that Jen said he'd have it in a day or 2.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-1.35547/page-9#post-973762

Quote: They both spoke with Jen.

From the news film clips aired here in the Orlando area - I posted exactly what both Travis & Logan said to the reporters. 'Their words' to the media.

Each said that they had spoken on the phone with Jennifer on Monday. First Logan called his sister - to inform her about the "left behind" cell requesting her assistance in 'overnighting it' back to Travis. Later, she spoke with Travis and assured him she would 'overnight the phone'. She advised him that he had missed some calls & suggested he call his 'voice mail' to retrieve his messages.

In one clip, Travis said the phone had never arrived at his home.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-1.35547/page-12#post-976829

RD, those are links to threads from 2006 at Websleuths, and from experience, I have found time and time again that the information contained in them holds as factual.

rd wrote:
I was never able to get any info about what Jennifer actually said she would do. One poster said he was close to the family, that being UCFAlum. He has posted that Jennifer would have sent it from work. No one else has shed any light on this whatsoever, and UCFAlum has never followed up on questions about whether Jennifer had ever sent a package from work, or any other indications of why he believes this other than that's what they believe. Of course many posters also say this but they don't know anything about her past practices on this either.
Notice the bolding by me. That's it in a nutshell, RD. That is what they believe. Period. It may not be the truth, but it is what they believe or what they are intent on making us believe. Because it supports the morning abduction theory.

We become personae non-gratae if we question it.

I guarantee you that you will not find the answers to your question no matter how many hours you spend seeking or who you ask. And even more so, if you ask family affiliated people.

rd wrote:
The DVD player left in car is interesting. On one hand leaving something in the car in sight is something one would want to avoid a break in and theft. On other she had brought in her luggage and left it by the front door and it's understandable she didn't make another trip for the DVD player.
It's not so understandable to me, though. It's a matter of priorities, I guess. People are different. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rd wrote:
I have pondered her going back out to the car after she hung up to get something, but her wallet, cell phone, and friend's cell phone wouldn't have gone out with her to get something from the car.
Yep. That's the flaw in the theory.

Well, I'm not so sure her wallet was missing. Her wallet is not officially listed as missing, only her Florida driver's license.

rd wrote:
I do think that bringing in the DVD player would be part of going back out to take care of something, whatever that was.
I dunno. She seemed to appreciate her possessions and take good care of them.

rd wrote:
I don't believe she was trying to get the phone sent at that time as the police immediately suggested, but I think the ex being nearby and being there at her condo with the friend that left the cell phone (Travis) is just not totally coincidental that something is involved in that in her wanting to talk to him, perhaps give the phone to him to take care of as I have speculated in past.
I guess I don't comprehend the seeming urgency of getting the business cell phone returned to its owner. He had a personal cell phone. He could call voice mail to retrieve messages left on his business cell phone. Would "a day or 2" be too much to ask as a return time? Would you really expect a quicker response? Drive back and get it yourself, then. You know?

rd wrote:
I apologize again for this misunderstanding. See comment just above for further explanation.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Doing more research, ACTUS REUS Jennifer Kesse Timeline cites:
https://www.actus-reus.com/jennifer-kesse-timeline

“She works where they have FedEx and UPS right on site and that's what she had told Logan's friend that she was going to do.” -Joyce Kesse, Timestamp 13:00, Unconcluded Podcast Episode 2: Endpoints
end quote

I have a vague recollection of questioning / researching / discussing this. My vague recollection was that this sounds like both FedEx and UPS stores on site or at least nearby, and I recall doing a map / street view search and didn't find this to be the case.

So yes, there are FedEx and UPS pickups at major companies and often a FedEx dropbox nearby. But the above statement implies ability to initeract with a FedEx or UPS store clerk who will process your package and take the payment. I couldn't find any indication of a public location for FedEx or UPS stores near Jennifer's work in Ocoee. I'm going by memory so will be glad to be corrected.

That's why I ask, whoever saw Jennifer do this before? Because shipping from your employer's building would require something, like the shipping room weighing the package and taking money for what it will cost the company going by the shipping rates for Fed Ex or UPS.

I've seen stamps sold, and have bought plenty of stamps back in the day at work because way more convenient than going to the Post Office, and have a few times dropped personal mail using those stamps into outbound baskets at work to be picked up. But that is no cost to employer.

Some people om internet have said they have shipped from their employer and I asked how that worked. Usually don't get an answer. I did see one person one time say they just put it to go and company shipped as if it were a company item.

If a company is big enough to have a shipping room and scheduled pickups then they would have policies covering that. What was Jennifer's situation, and why is there no mention of her doing this before?

That's why I ask the details of how this was to work. And as in everything else in Jennifer's disapperance, no one wants to deal with inconvenient details.
"No one wants to deal with inconvenient details". Exactly, but the details only become inconvenient when the answers point to an evening abduction.

That approach started in the very beginning of Jennifer's case and snakes its way through all discussions until this very day.

The searing question for me has become why? Why the belief in a morning abduction, to the exclusion of all else?

I once speculated that it held the only hope of Jennifer being alive. Or it did years ago. But after nearly 15 years of ignoring evidence that could lead to her location, isn't it time to take an honest look?

Has proving their theories correct in opposition to the theories of law enforcement become the main objective?

Or have they found some members of law enforcement that share their opinions and therefore encourage them, whereas other members of law enforcement disagree. Could that be where the problem originated?

Sometimes the depth of our emotions blinds us.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
Looking for sources for some info, and stumbling down a rabbit hole of internet posts. This from Jacob Shelton on Ranker:

"Kesse's mother says she knew something was up because Jennifer's phone was "never turned off." As soon as the police registered her as a missing person, they attempted to ping her phone to find her location. There was no response. If her battery had been left in the phone, it would have been pinging."

I'm not sure why the battery is brought into this when being turned off will do same thing. A phone isn't going to ping if it is actually powered off, whether batteries are in it or not. To ping a phone the phone has to be receiving and assessing radio signals from towers to see its ID from a tower. That takes power.

If the cell phone is constantly receiving and assessing radio signals from towers that's the same as being on. That's what it does when it's on. That's how a cell phone knows a tower is sending an incoming phone call ring or text message to it.

Same as a PC. When you power a cell phone on, it boots up. Of course taking the battery out removes the power source as well. We have probably all had cell phones where you had to take the battery out and put it back in because it was stuck and wouldn't respond to anything including the power off.
LOL I wonder who spends the most time in the rabbit holes--you or me?

If the battery had been left in her phone and her phone remained in good working condition, her phone would have responded when pinged because Jennifer was never known to turn her phone off.

Mrs. Kesse said she felt like a knife had pierced her heart earlier that morning when she tried to call Jennifer and the call went directly to voice mail. She knew that Jennifer would never turn her own phone off thus rendering herself uncommunicative. She realized immediately that someone other than her daughter had turned off the phone or removed its battery.

Probably a number of hours earlier; very important hours when a missing person is involved.

Law enforcement had to have the phone company ping for the phone's location. (Both phones) There are certain steps they have to take to form a chain of evidence even if they know the results beforehand.

What they found was that a "final event" ping had emitted from both phones on the evening of the 23rd, mere minutes apart--each phone's final lament that their power source was being removed or destroyed.

What's not so clear is were those phones actually together at that time? Did the final event pings originate from the same tower? Are we sure?

rd wrote:
"A couple of days after Kesse's disappearance, her car was spotted about a mile away from her condo. A neighbor noticed the black Chevy Malibu after seeing it on the local news. Police were able to pull up security footage of the area, and they found someone dropping off Kesse's car on January 24 around noon.

Rather than filming a fluid video, the security cameras only took still images,
each about three seconds apart. There were three images of the person driving Kesse's car, but their face was blocked by a gate in each photo.
"

Here's that reference to three seconds apart I see occasionally. The camera settings have never been released by police, if they even knew what they were, and as a result we have statements like this on the internet based on nothing.

The actual time stamps on the images are 1 second or less than previous image. Then there's the physical reality of the pictures. If you're walking along and are at the gate, the gate being wide enough for a person to walk through, think what it would take to step across the width of the gate. One thousand one. One thousand two. One thousand three. You'd not only pass the gate, you'd be able to walk to the tree beyond the gate. And that's what POI did.

There's a reference to three images above, and that is apparently that prior image to what I call image still 1 that is identical as far as I can tell but time stamp is 1 second earlier.

From my research back in 2007, and I noted in POI Image Analysis thread, typically it was a 4 camera feed to a VCR. In this case we had just 3 cameras and 1 of them was not operable. The slot of each of the 4 cameras is grabbed and a time stamp applied by VCR. If it didn't get a new feed from the camera, I believe it will apply the last feed again. That's my understanding of how that would happen.
At least they were brave enough to mention the three stills and not just two. Or astute enough.

rd wrote:
"One of the early suspects in Kesse’s disappearance was an ex-boyfriend, Matt. On the night of the 23rd, he was drinking at the Blue Martini, a bar across the street from Kesse’s apartment complex, but it’s not clear where he went after the bar. Matt was friends with Kesse's younger brother and he'd been in her condo while she was on vacation. However, Kesse's brother, Logan, insists Matt was only nursing hurt feelings, and that he didn't do anything to hurt his sister.

When police interviewed Matt, they noted that he was upset about his breakup with Kesse, and even more so about the fact that she’d just gone on a trip with her new boyfriend. He admitted he was "inconsolable" for weeks after they split. Matt offered to take a polygraph test, but ultimately the police didn't believe he had anything to do with Kesse's disappearance. Local authorities have never gone into great detail about Matt.

According to Logan, Matt and their entire friend group were "put through the wringer" by the authorities. Matt told Fox News that he was interviewed by police days after the disappearance and a few years later in a follow-up interview.
"

Some detail here that's rarely spelled out, so we'll document it here.
Actually, Kesse's brother, Logan, is not an authority on the intentions of Mr. Matt; nor should his opinion on why law enforcement didn't bother to administer a poly hold any weight. YMMV

Jennifer Kesse has never been found.

rd wrote:
"One suspect who’s drawn quite a bit of attention is Johnny Campos, a co-worker of Kesse. She had complained to her father about Campos on more than one occasion. Apparently, Campos made multiple passes at her and grew upset when she turned him down every time. According to another co-worker, Campos was upset that she was in a relationship, and was annoyed to hear about a recent vacation she had taken with her then-boyfriend.

On the day of her disappearance, Campos showed up late for work and blamed his tardiness on an unverified traffic ticket. This set off alarm bells for web sleuths and the police, but according to the authorities, there's no indication Campos had anything to do with Kesse's disappearance.
"

Wasn't the "unverified" traffic ticket actually verified and it was a Thursday or so previous week, not Tuesday the day Jennifer didn't show up for work?

This has been posted about so much all these years I'm surprised there could be a question about the traffic ticket day. There was tons of other posts about Campos, but the day of the disappearance thing I thought was put to rest. This blog summary (digest of podcasts?) is dated 2019.
Now, RD, you know very well fact-checking takes time. And seriously, in most matters of Jennifer's case, fact-checking has become moot as there are no verifiable sources.

However, specifically to your point, he was actually arrested the week before because he tore up his traffic ticket in front of LE. (His arrest record and photo should come up in a quick Google search). So they sent him to jail to cool his jets for a couple of hours. He showed up at work around noon hour that day. (The week before Jennifer's disappearance).

It does show he is arrogant and has a temper, though. Just sayin'

But, probably because it says so in "the letter", some people believe he was also late for work on the day Jennifer was reported missing for a speeding ticket--the 24th. I have never seen any actual evidence supporting this one, though.
Nancy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
A blog from True Crime Society. Here it says that Jennifer told her brother she would send it from work next day. Did she talk to Travis as well?

"At some point Jennifer talked with her brother who let her know Travis, a long time family friend, left his work phone at Jen’s condo over the weekend and asked if she could mail it back. Jennifer said she would mail the phone from work Tuesday morning."

To me, I don't take the "from work" literally in any event. To me that would also include going to a nearby FedEx or UPS store on a break to take care of it.

So it doesn't matter to me how that was done. Actually saying she would do it at work next day is the key. But did she actually say this, and to Logan and/or Travis? Were the police told this from the beginning but they still publicized that they thought she was out that night trying to send the package?
Well, yes, I believe she actually said it to Travis. But I also believe I see the necessity in law enforcement publicizing the info.

As you always ask: "what was different about that night?" And the common answer, like a throbbing sore thumb, rears its head as the friend's cell phone.

Any person; you, me, Jennifer, can change our minds. As part of being human, we have that right. Just because she told Travis she would FedEx his phone in the morning ("overnight it" may be closer to her wording) doesn't mean she didn't change her mind and decide to go out later to do it.

Especially after the phone conversation with Rob which may have left her with a residual of unease fueling a little energy making sleep seem impossible.

Plus there was a ping study showing movement on Jennifer's phone.

Her family, of course, vehemently disagreed with all of this.

On the other hand, don't you think law enforcement would have been remiss if they hadn't checked? It goes toward their duty to find the missing. They can't simply believe what they are told. If the evidence is showing something different, they have to check it out.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree, Nancy, and for the reasons you give. The police needed to consider that she may have gone out related to sending the cell phone, and they did. You're right, even if told she said she would send next day the circumstances required quickly investigating the possibility of her going out that night.

Related is something I was searching for. There was a comment that a call and text between Rob and Jennifer didn't take place at 6:30 in morning as normally took place. I have written about that from the very beginning, from Rob's first interview in news. It was my impression they talked early in morning, a wake up call type thing. And that of course didn't happen Tuesday morning.

Then the story became that Rob and Jennifer didn't attempt to talk or text in morning until Jennifer was driving to work. This was required for the assault going out to car because otherwise the cell phone should have been in use before that and wasn't. And nobody seemed to mind. Jennifer called from her car which she never made it to.

Not only my first impression, which was based on Rob sayinig "when we first..." and then I think changed his wording somewhat, but also that they communicated constantly all day, I've seen 7 or 8 times a day given as an estimate.

I do not for a second believe that neither Rob or Jennifer so much as texted "good morning" when they got up and had no communication until Jennifer was driving to work. If that is an absolute fact I will be glad to be corrected but I do not believe it for a second.

It is required for the narrative though. If they communicated every morning and the morning she disappeared they didn't, then the narrative is proven wrong.

I will probably search for any 6:30 (am) references again, and wonder if it will be found in something I wrote. It certainly sounds familiar.
Nancy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
I do agree, Nancy, and for the reasons you give. The police needed to consider that she may have gone out related to sending the cell phone, and they did. You're right, even if told she said she would send next day the circumstances required quickly investigating the possibility of her going out that night.

Related is something I was searching for. There was a comment that a call and text between Rob and Jennifer didn't take place at 6:30 in morning as normally took place. I have written about that from the very beginning, from Rob's first interview in news. It was my impression they talked early in morning, a wake up call type thing. And that of course didn't happen Tuesday morning.

Then the story became that Rob and Jennifer didn't attempt to talk or text in morning until Jennifer was driving to work. This was required for the assault going out to car because otherwise the cell phone should have been in use before that and wasn't. And nobody seemed to mind. Jennifer called from her car which she never made it to.

Not only my first impression, which was based on Rob sayinig "when we first..." and then I think changed his wording somewhat, but also that they communicated constantly all day, I've seen 7 or 8 times a day given as an estimate.

I do not for a second believe that neither Rob or Jennifer so much as texted "good morning" when they got up and had no communication until Jennifer was driving to work. If that is an absolute fact I will be glad to be corrected but I do not believe it for a second.

It is required for the narrative though. If they communicated every morning and the morning she disappeared they didn't, then the narrative is proven wrong.

I will probably search for any 6:30 (am) references again, and wonder if it will be found in something I wrote. It certainly sounds familiar.
Now you've got me going on this. :)

I can't find a specific reference to a 6:30 am time. (Rob liked to sleep in). However, I have found a few things on the topic that I'll link below.

Regarding the paragraph bolded by me--I'm with you on that. In fact, so far the only concise reference was made by Mrs. Kesse.

And to stress the importance of this: if she was in her own condo on the morning of the 24th happily getting ready for another day at the office and her own cell phone had mysteriously become inoperable the night before, why wouldn't she have called him on her landline? Of course she would have. If she had been there.

Anyway, here are some links:

NANCY GRACE
Aired February 7, 2006 - 20:00:00 ET

Snipped quotes: ROB ALLEN, JENNIFER KESSE`S BOYFRIEND: Nothing out of the ordinary. I`ve known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up.

ALLEN: Well, normally, like I`ve said, Jennifer and I had gotten into the routine -- Jennifer always woke up before me. She had to go to work before I did. So she every day would either call me just to say, Good morning, Have a great day, or just text me to wish me to, you know, have a great day, Love you, that type of thing. And when I didn`t receive it Tuesday morning, I thought it was odd, but I was running a little late for work, so I called her on the way into work and just (INAUDIBLE) her voice- mail. I called her both...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0602/07/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 19, 2011 - 21:00:00 ET

Snipped Quote: JOYCE KESSE: Well, Jen, typically, left for work between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning. And it was her habit to call Rob when she got in her car. So, as she got in her car and was driving to work is when she would make that good morning call. And, as we know, Rob never received that call.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.02.html

Jan. 24, 2020, 5:52 PM AST
By Andrea Cavallier

Snipped Quote: Rob told Dateline he talked to Jenn multiple times a day, sometimes for hours at a time.

“You know that feeling, when you don’t want to get off the phone because you enjoy talking to the person so much?” Rob said. “That’s how it was with Jenn. Three and four hours would pass, and we’d still be talking.”

Rob told Dateline that Jenn always contacted him in some way, by calling him or texting him, before she left for work — but not that day.

“I overslept, which is pretty normal, Jenn always got up earlier than I did anyway, and so she would always call and wake me up or at least text me,” Rob said. “But when I woke up that day, there was nothing.”

Rob tried to call Jenn as he rushed to work, but got her voicemail, which he thought was odd. He had a meeting at 9 a.m., but when it was over, he tried to call Jenn again, this time to tell her about something that had happened in the meeting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/family-refuses-give-search-jennifer-kesse-who-vanished-14-years-n1122296
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Nancy, this is what I recall and have commented on from the beginning. Rob clearly states that Jennifer at least texted him when she woke up, before she went to work. He was surprised to wake up and not see a text from her.

This should be Exhibit A that Jennifer was not around Tuesday morning getting ready for work as I have pointed out from the beginning, in the first few pages of the Jennifer Kesse Missing thread.

And Exhibit A is totally ignored because it disproves the narrative.

In addition we have found that the situation of being home all evening and all night and up in morning to get ready for work would normally leave some trash in a trash can in the home. And there was no trash.

The landscapers kept an eye out for her in mornings to see her go off to work. They saw nothing.

We also noted that her cell phone was her alarm clock and her cell phone was inoperable as of 10:20 pm the previous evening, a few minutes after she ended her call with Rob. No alarm clock. Doesn't faze the narrative tellers whatsoever. Nothing fazes them. The narrative is the narrative.

Anyone who had an inoperable cell phone that morning and a land line would have made a call on the land line before leaving to someone, family or Rob or a friend or work, someone. And no call was made.

That Jennifer was wildly assaulted on her hood in her parking lot and driven out of her complex struggling in the front seat with her abductor, with no trace of this struggle left to be found in her car, as a narrative is the sole legacy of 15 years of Jennifer missing.

Jennifer deserves at least the truth as a legacy.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: