www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse Disappearance Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markybug

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, was the scent picked up near jenns car hers or the POI? What is the other strong clue the reporter alludes to?

The location search is strange, considering how sure the police were of concluding things ?

Then we are into psychics, and that’s it cold for me right there.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't get any colder when it's down to psychics in 2 weeks.

Nancy, thanks for that trsncript. I was wondering about those remaining two or three podcasts that didn't get posted to their Youtube channel. That looks to be the gist of the remaining information in your transcript.

Certainly the Kesses didn't try to stipulate a limited time window of police notes on Jennifer's case, such as first two weeks, even though they did say that was their main interest. There would be many resons for that, starting with it's a huge hole for notes to be witheld because they were made after the first two weeks. In fact there was fairly firm info posted that there were no notes kept by the original investigators.

If they wanted the info called in from public immediately after Jennifer's disappearance, I think they would be very disappointed. Those searches mentioned in the transcript above are based on proximity to where her car was found and someone calling in saying the think they saw someone that looked like Jennifer Kesse and might be held against her will over on Orange Blossom. That was heavily posted on.

The judge asks an interesting question, and it has the possibility of establish new precedence. The question is, what is the legal basis for the victim's family to request a copy of the case information. That is a two parter in my opinion, one is the legal basis at all and two would be the legal basis after it is a virtual cold case despite the police denying that classification to the case.

Those are very good questions. I think we have posted that Florda law covered aspects of the cod case element and that was the basis of the lawsuit, and why Orlando asserts there is still activity when the activity is simply them saying they are taking another look at it, which is what they say every few years when pressed on the matter.

The only way in our system you can deal with people like this is to elect a mayor and council that say they will allow grieved parents access to cold case files of a missing family member so they can pursue a private investigation with what information there is.

I think most people would expect this courtesy if it was their loved one missing. Fortunately or unfortunately, very few people are impacted by this, not enough to be a public issue. Note the city attorney is providing the police with legal representation, so it's the entire city government apparatus against a family's attempt to find their missing daughter.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted some info on a HuffPost interview with Kesses in Archives (also check Discussion). It's from a year ago when they had their annual appearance at Millenia Mall and Jennifer had been missing 12 years. HuffPost reported what they had to say that would get filtered by a newspaper.

But exactly what needed to be said.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was researching on camera lenses just now and ran across this statement:

https://www.camerastuffreview.com/en/general/best-lens-for-canon-80d

With fisheye lenses, you can achieve very unique effects. And there are also people who use them as an alternative to a wide-angle lens, by 'de-fishing' the shots in special software. They then remove the convex distortion and make a neat straight-angle shot from it.

end quote

I searched on de-fishing just now and see that this correction is a thing in image software. I never even attempted to remove the fisheye distortion just to see what would result for example.

I am contacting the plug in maker now and will see what I can come up with with a distortion removal correction.
Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
I was researching on camera lenses just now and ran across this statement:

https://www.camerastuffreview.com/en/general/best-lens-for-canon-80d

With fisheye lenses, you can achieve very unique effects. And there are also people who use them as an alternative to a wide-angle lens, by 'de-fishing' the shots in special software. They then remove the convex distortion and make a neat straight-angle shot from it.

end quote

I searched on de-fishing just now and see that this correction is a thing in image software. I never even attempted to remove the fisheye distortion just to see what would result for example.

I am contacting the plug in maker now and will see what I can come up with with a distortion removal correction.
Wow. Fingers crossed, or maybe I just need more coffee, but this is the most hopeful info I've seen in this case in years.

Looking forward to updates, and thank you.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Nancy, I posted first test which corrects the wrong way, side to side instead of top to bottom, or horizontal instead of vertical. The images are posted in POI Photos, page 2. I explain more there what's going on.

I will work on getting a vertical correction and post those when I have them. In meantime the corrected image right below the original is crunched down but assumes more normal body proportions. See what you think.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered at reddit to participate in some technical discussions in my profession (IBM i computer programmer). While at it I jpined the jennifer kesse sub for insights there.

I haven't had time to add anything new to discussion but whatever I do post there I'll cross post here.

I am rdwpin there.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

responding to a post:

The one thing that was said that is unsupported is that her car was moved within an hour of her parents calling the apartment complex. There was no indication her car was in the parking lot that morning at all. To say it was moved you would need some indication it was there. This includes some gardeners who were aware of her leaving in mornings and did not actually see her or her car.

In addition there is no indication she was in her condo that morning, other than her parents thought the shower had been in use that morning. Maybe it had, but it wasn't Jennifer. Her cell activity at 10 pm is a whole nother well trod subject, but it wasn't in use that morning, and it was her alarm clock.

So no indication she was around, no indication her car was around.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our own markybug asked:
So jenn apparently called Rob every morning to say “how are you” “have a good day “ etc , when exactly did she phone ? Was it in her flat before leaving for work , or as she left / in the car ?

Just it could have a impact on when she went missing night/morning ?

That's a good question, and irritating that it's still a question. My take from Rob's first (only?) interview was that there would be a call when they woke up. But it wasn't clear and I think he changed his wording mid-sentence so it just wasn't clear. Then commenters without any attribution to how they would know this said that Jenn didn't call until she was driving to work.

For sure she would have called someone with her landline before leaving if her cellphone wasn't working. And as it was her alarm clock, she would have had no alarm clock going off that morning given no activity from her cellphone after the 10:20 to 10:40 pm range. That info known early on would have changed the focus and discussion from the beginning, and in fact appears to be denied as inconvenient to beliefs held on to from the beginning.

That culminates in the Orlando Police going from initially investigating whether she drove somewhere after 10 pm to saying she was assaulted in her parking lot going to work. They have absolutely zero basis for saying that other than that's what her parents believe. So there it has sat all these years.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

responding to what are your professional opinions (any profession) on the case:

I am a computer programmer, having spent decades writing communications and business software. I worked in the 70's for a long distance telephone research center. So I am on the periphery of cell phone communications technology but certainly have the professional experience to comment on it.

The "Ping study is unreliable" is nonsense. The "study" is of recorded contacts between Jenn's cellphone, and in the brief mention of info provided by Drew, the friend's cellphone, with cell towers. Each recorded contact is just that, a cellphone of interest made contact with a tower. There are no ifs, ands, or buts, and nothing unreliable about it. It happened.

The "unreliable" remark is apparently based on contact of Jenn's cellphone with two different towers near the same time. No matter how many times I explain this on the internet, it has made no discernible impact on public statements. It's as if they really really don't like the information so they deny it. "Unreliable". "Technology was different in those days." "Impossible to be in two places at once". And other sorry nonsense. I have posted at length on this on websleuths and here and won't rehash it again on reddit, discussions on it should be readily available with a search.

The bottom line is they don't want to accept that Jenn's cellphone was moving after 10 pm, although nothng says it was with her cooperation. In fact everything says it was without her cooperation. The only question is whether she walked out to her car after 10 pm willingly, even to get something from her car, or any othe reason, such as driving somewhere. Whatever the case, within minutes the cellphones were disabled.

Nothing unreliable about it. Recorded contacts just don't make themselves up. When the contacts stop, there's a reason.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a reddit Jennifer kesse forum, I commented on a thread Person of Interest:

I would be remiss if I didn't post my analysis of the POI images:

Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect

https://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3033

Height of POI - Due to distortion the height of poi has been grossly underestimated. In still 3 the poi is standing next to a tree. I stood next to that tree and that tree isn't short enough for poi to be 5'4 or whatever. There has been much discussion and I think everyone but Orlando police believe poi is about medium hight, 5'9 to 5'11. The height I believe they got from their spokeswoman who they placed out there and said yeah, that's about right (There was a pic in newspaper running a line down to her head from the camera location). Also, some people say FBI determined this, they did not, they confirmed that Orlando police description of what they did was valid.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would there be steady pings?

Not steady. There may have been as few as one per 8 hours if no activity including moving. But you wouldn't have multiple contacts up to 10:40 with no activity either. Indications are the cellphone was moving to have those multiple pings with multiple towers. We don't have enough info to know what cellphones were communicating with what towers, but Drew's info indicated both cellphones ceased communicating near same time between 10:20 and 10:40 in a manner that indicated the batteries were pulled. Couldn't have much clearer indication that she was abducted. From where, condo or near her car, unknown.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we should have moving pings as jenn heads home , then nothing till morning and she should have left for work and moving pings start ?

It varies by carrier, and there are no published rules, but research shows that a carrier will have their phones "call home" (ping a tower) after a period of on, but no activity, periodically such as after 8 hours or so. I don't know what calls she used her cellphone for and what calls she used her landline for that Monday evening. I believe it is widely posted she used her landline for that last call to Rob. (there are others who might know and I haven't read enough to know).

There was ping activity which is evaluating streangth of cell tower signals after 10. These were not based on calls to or from her phone, but are caused by loss of signal from the current home tower, which as we can iimagine would typically be caused by moving.

One thing to keep in mind is that the law enforcement request for ping data would designate a time period and possibly a geographical area of towers. Given it was known she arrived home and was talking to her family, there wouldn't imo be any interest in ping data prior to that such as her drive home covering a geographic area from Ocoee to the Millenium.

The focus on requesting ping data would be her last cellphone call and after. I don't know what time period the allegedly 11 or so (?) pings covered, just that they ended between 10:20 and 10:40 in the brief info that he was told.

But some of them are after 10 because of the comment of pinging two widely separated towers and "couldn't be in two places at once" comment, and this would not be when it was known she was home, such as being on the landline call.
Nancy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
. . . I don't know what time period the allegedly 11 or so (?) pings covered, just that they ended between 10:20 and 10:40 in the brief info that he was told. . . .
Thanks for sharing with us, rd.

Regarding the little part I respectfully snipped above: Jennifer's phone began pinging a little after 10 pm on the 23rd (almost immediately after the landline call to Rob ended) and all the 11 "or so" pings Mr. Kesse referred to occurred between 10 pm and 10:20 pm to 10:40 pm.

Snipped quote: Those phones we were told were pinging a little after 10pm on 1/23/2006 and went silent at approx. 10:40p
https://jenniferkesse.123guestbook.com/?page=34

I think LE would have requested Jenn's cell phone records for a much broader period of time, though. One of the reasons I believe that is because they know she was talking to her father at 6:15 pm on her way home from work as she was going through her usual toll booth.

The time of the toll booth passage confirmation comes from a transponder (iirc) that existed in her car.

So we can see that they tried to verify and cross-verify as much as they could.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, Nancy. I agree, I would be very surprised if the ping data request was for data starting at 10 pm. It would be closer to what you suggest. But I would not expect ping data request covering time and distance covering that is not in question. Many potential cell towers are involved in that drive home.

I don't know if there were any other pings before 10 and not mentioned but certainly a similar flurry before 10 while she was home would have changed the interpretation of the after 10 flurry. We would not expect much ping activity outside of phone calls before that.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 21 of 35

Jump to: