www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chandra Levy on Mysteries & Scandals on Oxygen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2009, something changed in regards to Guandique being a suspect. Can you tell us the story of Armando Morales and how he got involved in this case?

The government had someone they considered a prime suspect, but no evidence. They needed a good cellmate confession. I'm not so sure these things aren't shopped.

Guandique was in a cell with Morales in Kentucky for a month. If you have someone who has a history of cooperating, and you have a suspect you want to make a case on, I guess you stick them together for a few weeks and see what happens.

I don't know, are we to believe this stuff's really random?

Armando Morales tells a story about how Guandique did it. What was that account?

Morales account of Guandique's story is frequently summarized as "I killed that bitch but I didn't rape her."

Morales account goes: Guandique hid in bushes and planned to rob Chandra. He ran her down and grabbed her and pulled her down, but she stopped struggling. He stole her fanny pack and ran away.

This is patterned on his jogger assaults.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a polygraph ever administered to Guandique?

Guandique was questioned and polygraphed and passed from the first alleged cellmate confession in 2001, and his accuser was polygraphed and failed.

Part of later trying to make a case against Guandique was to have that passed polygraph declared null and void. When that proved inconvenient, they decided that any polygraph wth an interpreter is inconclusive.

Of course all the tests with interpreters were fine before that.

Here's the reporting on how the DC Police ignored the passed polygraph:
Washington Post
October 4, 2002
"Police detectives discounted Guandique as a suspect in Levy's disappearance when he was interviewed in summer 2001 after his attacks on the joggers.

That fall, after another inmate said Guandique had told him he killed Levy and left her body in the park, Guandique was given a polygraph test.

He passed, but authorities now question the results because the test was done using a Spanish interpreter rather than a bilingual polygraph technician."

Was a polygraph ever administered to Morales? Do you know those results?

Not that I ever saw reported. Maybe because it was sort of obvious he couldn't pass one in any language.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think law enforcement felt pressure to close the case so they pushed forth Ingmar as a suspect?

There was some turnover in positions in law enforcement and justice department and Washington Post reporting. The effort spanned several years.

There was a cooperative yellow journalism effort. DC police would go see Guandique and nasty stuff would be written by Washington Post.

He joined a Salvadoran gang in prison and got tattooed, and effort was made to have Chandra a gang murder victim.

He had a picture of Chandra and they acted like that was incriminating evidence, not mentioning that Guandique was questioned for Chandra's murder and passed a polygraph for it.

All they needed was a cellmate confession and some contaminated DNA to say they had DNA evidence, and presto, case solved.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s go along with the prosecution’s line of thinking – would Chandra Levy had been running in that park?

If Chandra had her answers and wasn't waiting on a message and was able to cancel her gym membership, she still wouldn't be out jogging around, and she certainly wouldn't be on a horse trail in a remote forest.

Not to mention with no cellphone, no wallet, without her defensive pepper spray, and on a warm day where she'd either sweat in her USC sweatshirt or take it off and be bouncing around in a sports bra.

I don't think people have any idea how isolated it is up there. I was there an entire Friday afternoon. The sun was completely blacked out on the side of that hill. I saw maybe two couples come through there.

I came out after scrambling up and down that hill and was typing on my laptop on picnic bench #18 and a park police truck came by slow. I asked a couple of questions and the police didn't even bother pulling over. No traffic came by while we talked.

And this was on a Friday. On Tuesday the day Chandra disappeared the park facilities are closed.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Chandra street smart?

Some people would say that not carrying id when she was with Condit is not smart.

But she was acting in a secretive manner, she had the whole Condit is on the Intelligence Committee thing going, she trained in self defense, she worked for the Modesto Police, she wanted to be an FBI agent, I would say she was focused on law enforcement and cautious not to become a victim.

Did she ever carry any form of protection on her person?

She carried pepper spray on a key ring and urged other women to do the same. Her father urged her to always carry it.

Was that protection with her on the day she disappeared?

That protection was not with her when she disappeared. Her dad says that she left behind her regular key chain with pepper spray.

The jogging claim is based on bare bones running where a wallet with id and a key chain are too bulky for some kind of long range sprint, yet wearing a sweatshirt.

Really not much if any thought or discussion even goes into Chandra as jogger in Rock Creek Park by the prosecutors, police, and reporters who say if her body was found there, she must have run there.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the day she disappeared, where was Guandique? Do you know if there was there any testimony about where Guandique was and what he was doing? Did anyone talk about his physical features?

In the run up to vilifying Guandique for the Chandra murder, numerous people were helped by DC Police to remember that they saw certain things on May 1 years earlier.

There was also the interesting reporting by Washington Post that Guandique was fired on that very day. Well that was news because hadn't been reported what job he had or anything about time off, fired, or anything else to make him available Tuesday afternoon in Rock Creek Park.

But they had it covered. He was fired. Sort of adds a disgruntled employee aspect to it too. So I was looking forward to seeing testimony from the employer who would testify that he fired Guandique on May 1. Never saw anything about it.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there any valuables missing from Chandra Levy? If Guandique stole them, would he have been able to get money for them without detection?

Chandra's signet ring with an intertwined CL is missing. This is a very distinctive piece, would have been recognized in pawn shops.

Guandique would have either pawned it or given to girlfriend. He was repeatedly intent on stealing items.

Someone other than Guandique, whether they brought Chandra's body to that spot on the side of the hill or assuming the prosecution's case, assaulted her on that No Horses path, might have kept it.

And then there are those who would have taken it to simulate a sexual assault with robbery but couldn't pawn it because it's too risky, and couldn't keep it because it's too risky. So that would be buried somewhere.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there any circumstantial evidence that made it seem like Guandique was innocent?

Wherever the crime takes place, you just don't go from a bondage sexual assault murder and then six days later being chased out of an apartment you're robbing by a woman coming home and screaming. It's like two ends of the spectrum.

And how often do strangers who assault and murder women drag a body hundreds of feet down a steep incline and hide in a shallow grave under leaves?

Before, during, or after the trial, did you think Guandique did it?

No. I blogged every day about all the shortcomings of the DC prosecution and police in this case. I was plenty busy.

Did you think that the conviction would hold up?

No. I blogged on what should be done by defense and suggested basis for a retrial. Public Defenders Office did a good job and the right thing in getting Guandique granted a retrial.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was some information that wasn’t discovered until after the trial that threw the conviction into jeopardy?

The absolute only information whatsoever that Guandique was being prosecuted with was a clearly made up story about a cellmate confession.

The cellmate was rewarded with a release from prison into a witness protection program and worried another person in the program enough to where she tape recorded their conversations. She was convinced the cellmate indicated to her he was making the story up and she went to the prosecutor and defense with the recordings but they don't record him saying anything about making the story up.

But the prosecution dismissed the case immediately. Either this was managed in some way to give them an excuse not have to admit they have nothing to prosecute Guandique with or they took the excuse to bail out as a godsend.

They had nothing to start with and they had less than that with someone claiming the cellmate was lying.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that a shock to you?

No. I expected it but I was looking forward to the aggressive defense that was going to pursue Condit as reasonable doubt.

Didn't take long for the case to be dropped.

It was what it was, someones idea of easy pickings to convict a hapless lowlife and close Chandra's case as Little Red Riding Hood in the forest on a horse trail.

So now, what happened to the investigation? Is it still ongoing?

Chandra's murder case would seem to be open again but hard to imagine any investigation on it.

They want people to accept that if a woman is found in a remote forest that she put herself there because it was a nice day.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any theories out there in regards to who might have killed Chandra Levy, specifically in regards to someone or some persons who don’t know who Chandra Levy is?

No. When she was missing there were lots of exotic theories about what happened to her. Once her remains were found in Rock Creek Park there's not a lot of options left.

Random person in park being one of them. Someone trying to make it look like a random act in a park the other.

Is it possible that Chandra Levy was murdered by a serial killer?

A Christine Mirzayan - Joyce Chiang - Chandra Levy serial murder can't be dismissed, but the movement of her body to a remote spot in Rock Creek Park makes it unlikely.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you believe authorities will find Chandra’s murderer?

I don't see any serious effort to answer the questions that could lead to determining what happened to Chandra.

Waiting for someone to drop a dime isn't finding Chandra's murderer, so the answer is no, but I hope they take care of the fundamentals starting with understanding who Chandra was and what she was doing before she disappeared.

What else do you want to highlight in regards to this case?

A person who was involved with Chandra, who has motive, should not be said to be cleared by police until they have provided an alibi and passed a police administered polygraph. They don't have to provide an alibi, and they don't have to take the police polygraph, but the police shouldn't call them cleared either.

Involved isn't simply a yes or no answer to sexual relationships. If a person could have motive then that answer is meaningless. There are many questions posed in Murder on a Horse Trail, and that isn't one of them. The rest need answered.

Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: