www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conyer's connection to Chandra Levy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Conyer's connection to Chandra Levy Reply with quote

You just can't make this stuff up.

From The Hill:

A woman accused who accused former Rep. John Conyers (R-Mich.) of sexual misconduct said Conyers brought up slain Federal Bureau of Prisons intern Chandra Levy after she rejected advances from him when she was an intern.

Courtney Morse told The Washington Post Conyers told her one night he was interested in a sexual relationship and held her hand in her lap after driving her home.

Morse said when she rejected his advances, Conyers brought up Levy's case.

“He said he had insider information on the case. I don’t know if he meant it to be threatening, but I took it that way,” Morse told the publication.

“I got out of the car and ran," she continued.

Levy disappeared in 2001. Her remains were found a year later in a Washington, D.C. park.

Morse said the incident caused her to quit the paid summer internship.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/363499-accuser-conyers-brought-up-chandra-levys-disappearance-when-i-turned-down-his
rd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, sure can't sigsky. I would take it as meant to intimidate her too.

And she was, got clear out of internships. That wasn't the kind of intimidation Conyers was going for.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this story has legs. Nothing really new but a catchy banner.

From The Observer:

Does John Conyers Know Who Murdered Chandra Levy?
By John R. Schindler • 12/06/17 12:40pm

http://observer.com/2017/12/does-john-conyers-know-who-murdered-chandra-levy/
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I'm on lunch break and could only quickly take a look, but saw this and wrote to author:

I saw your column in Observer on Conyers / Chandra Levy. In it you state that Condit had a solid alibi for when Chandra went missing. That anyone (and by that I mean the DC law enforcement / prosecutors who people get their information from) would say that Condit had any alibi at all is a travesty of justice. He in fact did not have any at all.

Please read my chapter Alibi in Murder on a Horse Trail for what actually transpired. I have it posted on my site at:

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2544

It is an ongoing effort to publicize and correct this notion that DC law enforcement leaves in public mind that Condit was covered when Chandra went missing.

For many years it was just a statement that Condit was investigated and cleared (he wasn't, investigated or cleared; read rest of book, also posted on site if desired, for details of what actually took place).

But lately there has been this insane meme that Condit had a strong alibi as reason he wasn't with her when she disappeared. I don't know where it came from but I've seen some recent journalism that may be the basis of it or could be reflection of some talking points, don't know, but it is seriously ironic that an attempt to create an alibi with a meeting with VP Cheney and then lie about length of the meeting actually worked. Only no one even cares about the length of the meeting so lie wasn't required. Just amazing what chutzpah accomplishes. Or at least it used to be amazing, maybe status quo nowadays.

I will be glad to answer any questions or explain anything if Chapter Alibi isn't clear enough on the subject of why there is no alibi, nor even a pretense of one. But like the police "investigation and clearing" of Condit, there only need be said there is one.

regards,
Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very unfortunate that DC law enforcement holds the view against the facts that Condit had a solid alibi. It's only through a mistake that an ABC producer friend of Condit's who unknowingly was part of his coverup asked for and was given what he was giving police for a timeline. Without that the DC Police would have just been able to say he has an alibi (as they're still doing) and no one could know what is cover story was.

Bottom line, his meeting with Cheney was for 20 minutes and ended 10 minutes before Chandra logged off internet. Neither one of them was seen until Condit's sense of Congress votes around 6:30, although I have never seen a report that anyone says they saw him voting. Note that originally Condit's timeline had him meeting the ABC producer and his aide wasn't even involved.

Lots more, total coverup that requires careful parsing of statements. For example, doctor appointment at 5 doesn't actually say he went to the doctor, does it? No one has ever said they saw him besides his aide Dayton, and Dayton just says "he might have gone to the gym".

No, there's no alibi, at all.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Chandra Levy’s Deadly #metoo Reply with quote

Dear sigsky and rd,
Thank you so much for posting thie article about Conyers potential knowledge of what happened to Chandra Levy. I was anticipating that the Washington #metoo publicity would shed some light on Chandra’s murder. It would be extremely beneficial, if Conyers spilled the beans and elaborated on the alleged comment he made to the young woman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: