www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CNN HLN How It Really Happened on Chandra Nov 5, 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: CNN HLN How It Really Happened on Chandra Nov 5, 2017 Reply with quote

Modesto Bee's Patty Guerra reporting that CNN series “How it Really Happened with Hill Harper” looks into Chandra Levy case at 9 p.m. on CNN's Headline News.

They are talking about bringing some new insight so we'll see if anything we haven't posted here. Will take a look.

rd

http://www.modbee.com/latest-news/article182553746.html

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it this evening. There was absolutely not a hint of new information or insight and actually no hard info except for one incorrect item.

Now the interesting thing here was the purpose of giving this one specific piece of information, that Chandra was off the internet at 12:24 p.m. They stated it at different places and the second time you could see the reason for it. The person, Jane Velez-Mitchell, uses it as a basis for Condit not being involved. I will deal more with that alleged alibi and the timings in another post. Readers of Murder on a Horse Trail know the information well from chapter Alibi.

First let's re-visit Chandra logging off the internet.

WUSATV9
Thursday, July 19

...investigators know Levy was on her computer, making travel plans by searching sites over the Internet and sending e-mail to her parents and friends
as late as 1 p.m. on May 1.

Condit Has an Alibi
By Michael Isikoff and Mark Hosenball
NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE
July 20, 2001

Analysis of the hard drive on Levy's laptop shows
she signed off the computer about 1 p.m., the last moment for which police can account for the 24-year-old former Bureau of Prisons intern.

McClatchy
October 28, 2010

....FBI supervisory special agent Jane Dombowski traced Levy’s last virtual steps....

At 12:59 p.m. May 1, with a final, unexplained search for information on the French province of Alsace-Lorraine, the user of Levy’s computer signed off the Internet.

“That was the last Internet…file I was able to find,” Dombowski testified....

end quote

So where does this 12:24 pm come from? I did a search and found it's in Chandra's Wikipedia article. I posted this in Wikipedia Talk for the article:

Last internet search by Chandra

This statement is incorrect based on testimony given by FBI in Guandique trial: "The last search at 12:24 p.m. was for the location of the Pierce-Klingle Mansion,[7] a historic house in Rock Creek Park that is used as the park's administrative office.[8]"

I pulled up two news articles from my 2001 archives that states she signed off internet about 1 p.m. This was widely reported and I document in my book Murder on a Horse Trail.

Then in 2010 Guandique trial, it was specified in more detail:
McClatchy
October 28, 2010

....FBI supervisory special agent Jane Dombowski traced Levy’s last virtual steps.... At 12:59 p.m. May 1, with a final, unexplained search for information on the French province of Alsace-Lorraine, the user of Levy’s computer signed off the Internet. “That was the last Internet file I was able to find,” Dombowski testified....

end quote

Generally when incorrect information is posted in this article, it's to further an agenda of Chandra being a jogger in Rock Creek Park. This also for some reason a time given which is supposed to bolster Condit not being involved because he had a meeting with Cheney at 12:30.

In any event this information posted in the article has no basis whatsoever and is in direct conflict with testimony given by FBI. I'm not comfortable just editing the article but if moderators could consider who entered this info and based on what, this incorrect information could be replaced with the FBI testimony I quoted above. Note the [7] and [8] references are to generic information about the Rock Creek Park building. The last search at 12:24 on Rock Creek Park implies that she was off the internet a half hour earlier, is meant to coincide with Condit's meeting, and implies as last thing she did that she then went there. This of course is all false and has an agenda behind it.

I will post this on my site and at least alert who I can of this scam. It came to my attention tonight because a cable host of a crime show is citing this information in documentaries on Chandra for said agenda.

Thanks for your consideration.--Ralphdaugherty (talk) 05:58, 6 November 2017 (UTC)

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: The Scream and the 911 Call Reply with quote

I watched the show, as well, and was disappointed that there was no mention of the 4:30 a.m. (approx.) scream coming from a residence in Chandra’s apartment building and ensuing 911 call from another resident who heard it. If I remember correctly, Guandique’s defense team was planning to use that as evidence during a “retrial”.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Rainbow. It also was information not divulged to defense among many thiings and helped establish basis for new trial.

But editors of this show were too busy mansplainin how Condit was vindicated to cover actual facts of the case. We'll just keep covering it here and not let the truth become another victim.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to say the Wikipedia article on Chandra's case has been edited and the information concerning her searches and signoff is now excellent. I'll quote below.

Thanks much to Wikipedia editors who knowledgeably maintain articles and particularly this edit.

rd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Levy

Computer experts took a month to reconstruct the data to determine that the laptop was used on the morning of May 1 to search for websites related to Amtrak, Baskin-Robbins, Condit, Southwest Airlines, and a weather report from The Washington Post. Her final search at 12:59 p.m. was for Alsace-Lorraine, a province in France.[8] A particular search at 11:33 a.m. was for information about Rock Creek Park in The Washington Post "Entertainment Guide," then at 11:34 she clicked a link to bring up a map of the park. Detectives later theorized that she might have met someone at the Pierce-Klingle Mansion which houses the park headquarters.[7] On July 25, 2001, three D.C. police sergeants and 28 police cadets searched along Glover Road in the park but failed to find evidence related to Levy. Later, a second attempt found nothing.[7]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: