www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Deported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Guandique Deported Reply with quote

I'm sad. Can't help but wonder if this is how Chandra's story will end.

Chandra may be the 21st Century equivalent of "The Black Dahlia" although the two stories are radically different.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/253318416-story
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, sigsky. This may be the end of Chandra Levy's case. It would take quite a revelation to open the investigation back up.

But at least it's not closed on a bogus conviction. Part of seeking justice for Chandra is seeking actual justice.

I hope we have reason to post on Chandra's case again.

later
rd

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/man-once-charged-in-slaying-of-chandra-levy-is-deported/2017/05/08/e4753b1c-341d-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably Guandique was handed over to Salvadoran authorities? It would be nice to know that he isn't being set free.

He served 10 years for assaulting two joggers and 7 years being tried, in my opinion trying to have Chandra's murder pinned on him. Chandra wasn't even a jogger. All lies by US government.

While he wasn't a good person assaulting the joggers, he's served 17 years in prison and is free pending his behavior in El Salvador. Who knows what goes on down there.

There was a note on Chandra's apartment kitchen counter about a cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest according to testimony from police at Guandique's trial. Who wrote that note and put it there?

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

responding to some discussion from a Washinton Post comments poster that Guandique should sue Washington Post for defamation:

It's true, Washington Post pulled some yellow journalism for DC authorities to smear Guandique to potential jury pool. I've written tons examining Washington Post's reporting during that time. Wasn't pretty, and was a pack of lies. I don't know that Guandique could successfully sue for damages, he's lucky that with a lot of effort he won retrial and the no evidence case was exposed and set free. That's probably all anyone could ask for. The details of what DC did to try to pin Chandra's murder on him are disgusting.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who did it?

someone who drove Chandra Levy's body to the park and dumped it down that hill behind a picnic area. This was well understood when Chandra's body was found. Took some tremendous lies to have Chandra take up jogging on the day she disappeared on a death march to the highest forest in DC.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another article states "...Rock Creek Park, where she frequently went running."

So I wrote another letter. Copies of previous ones are sprinkled liberally throughout the Chandra threads, where they have not made enough impact.

I'll leave the name out here.

re: "where she frequently went running"

There is no basis whatsoever for saying that Chandra ran anywhere, much less frequently. She did not jog, even on a treadmill. I know Wikipedia article periodically says this and I have asked for it to be corrected through the years and sometimes it is.

I can tell you every instance of the derivation of this meme. I analyze it in my book Murder on a Horse Trail (available to read on here on website).

I don't know where you got it but it is entirely unbased on any named source, and every named source says that she did not run, even in her gym, and did not take walks alone etc., much less make treks into a forest in Rock Creek Park.

The only purpose of proliferating this lie was to place her in Rock Creek Park where her body was found. It was suggested by some unnamed person to police and or journalists early in the investigation, and later a convenience for prosecutors. That is all.

No one in the justice system or journalism has ever re-enacted any aspect of this alleged running by Chandra from DuPont Circle to the Broad Branch Road area of Rock Creek Park, or for that matter, any alleged running by her anywhere. I have re-enacted a small portion of it with a trek from Rock Creek Park headquarters (Klingle Manion) to where her body was found downhill from Western Ridge Trail above Broad Branch Road.

Now the article is history, everyone has moved on, but left in people's minds once more is the incorrect information that Chandra was a jogger in Rock Creek Park where her body was found. And that is just a disservice to Chandra, the memory of her life, and justice for Chandra that can not be restored with the concerted effort the government made to take it away.

Don't know if this will help, may be the last story on Chandra was written with this deportation.

Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
www.justiceforchandra.com
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another article about Chandra's case and Guandique deported. Some problems with this reporting by Hannah Parry. The article is one of the more comprehensive summaries of her case, and given the amount of detail I give a lot of leeway for any errors. Overall a nice report and lots of helpful pictures.

The first thing at top that really raises eyes is this gem:
But he was granted a retrial after his lawyers alleged a key witness, Gary Condit, lied on the stand during his first trial

Actually I think that stems from the defense plea for new trial that cited a witness lied on the stand without naming the witness. I know we expected this to be the "cellmate" but there was some indication given in a few articles that it might be Condit. I know we discussed this at time. But of course it was the "cellmate", and article follows with next blurb:

Charges against Guandique were later dropped after the jail informant who reported that Guandique confessed to the crime was found to have lied

So that was interesting.

And then there's the blurb that gets my ire every time, and these reporters are totally unanswerable for it:

A search of the park where the young woman often jogged...

See letter I sent another reporter above. Does no good whatsoever. The DC prosecution promulgated this lie for their benefit and made the lie official. And they are totally unanswerable for it as well.

The park's administrative office was also one of the last searches on Condit's computer the day that Chandra went missing.

This is not true at all but is commonly reported, again was a prosecution lie for their benefit, to place Chandra of her own free will in Rock Creek Park to be murdered where her body was found.

The last search was a France travel site. The search that is called a search of Rock Creek Park administrative office is simply the address of Klingle Mansion that was listed on a page in Washington Post for Rock Creek Park that had an overall description of park, activities, etc. There was no detail about jogging / horse trails or even roads whatsoever.

Now she did search on Rock Creek Park, and her body was found in a remote section of it a year later, and she searched on it amidst lots of searches concerning Condit, his Congressional schedule and activities, and his family. How did Rock Creek Park come into this? Probably same reason a handwritten note mentioning cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest was found on her counter.

Lastly the article goes on and on and on about MS-13 gang to imply that Chandra was a victim of a brutal gang murder. This was also a prosecution lie. There wasn't too much the DC Prosecutors didn't lie about. It'd be a way shorter list. Guandique joined the gang in prison. It had nothing to do with Guandique for example in his assaults on two joggers that he was sentenced and served ten years in federal prison for, however once in prison he joined the gang because I think that's what all these prisoners do because the United States lets prisoners run around like packs of animals. I described my suggestion for handling violent prisoners in last chapter of Murder on a Horse Trail, Woman Missing.

Making suggestions like that does about as much good as trying to get reporters to get the facts straight about Chandra not being a jogger.

Not a whole hell of a lot.

rd

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4486012/Man-convicted-killing-Chandra-Levy-deported.html
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet another jog in the park, this time from San Diego Jewish World. I replied:

Mr. Harrison, if you knew anything about the young lady you write about, Chandra Levy, you would know she didn't run or jog or take walks in forests. When a woman's body is found in remote woods, that doesn't mean the woman took up jogging that day to get there. I recommend you read my book, Murder on a Horse Trail, available to read on my website as well, to know what actually happened to the young lady you write about.

No one has time to read all that they care about, including myself, but to allow the US government to make Chandra a jogging victim in a remote forest when she didn't jog or visit remote forests is unacceptable, and the ones who most have to not accept it are the ones who care enough to write about her.

Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail
www.justiceforchandra.com

http://www.sdjewishworld.com/2017/05/24/sex-powerful-story-d-c-intern/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: