www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GA Police Chief Shoots Wife. Is it an Accident?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: GA Police Chief Shoots Wife. Is it an Accident? Reply with quote

The semi new police chief of Peachtree City, ( a nice community in GA, lived next store at one time) has shot his wife. She is in critical condition. She has not spoken to authorities yet. He says it was an accident yet it is being investigated till all facts are in.

Not a great start for the new year.

My only question-- This happened at 4am, what was he doing with his gun out?

We will follow.
Best wishes to the victim.

Goz

Fair Use
Georgia police chief told 911 he accidentally shot wife, investigators say
By Ralph Ellis, CNN
updated 4:36 PM EST, Thu January 1, 2015

Snip
But on the first day of 2015, the town of 35,000 people south of Atlanta was known for something else.

The man tasked with keeping the peace in Peachtree City, Police Chief William McCollom, was being investigated in a shooting that left his wife in critical condition.

Authorities aren't revealing many details, but they said McCollom shot Margaret McCollom with his service Glock 9mm a few hours before dawn inside the couple's bedroom.

The chief told 911 it was an accident, said Sherry Lang, spokeswoman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

No charges have been filed.

Peachtree City Police Chief William McCollom.

Margaret McCollom was taken by helicopter to Atlanta Medical Center, where she was listed in critical condition, according to a statement from police spokesman Lt. Mark Brown.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said at a press conference that he won't decide whether charges should be filed until the GBI presents him with an investigation

Snip

http://us.cnn.com/2015/01/01/justice/georgia-police-chief-wife/index.html?hpt=ju_c2
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Why cant they say if he was drinking or not?
So far, no charges have been filed.

The wife has not been interviewed yet. She may still be critical.
Mark my words-- either way, she defends him. I didn't say it wasn't an accident but feel she wont turn on him if it wasn't. Just my jaded opinion.

Goz
Happy New Year All

Fair Use
Georgia police chief told 911 he accidentally shot wife, investigators say
Ralph Ellis, CNN
Updated 10:17 AM ET, Sat January 3, 2015

Snip

The chief told 911 it was an accident, said Sherry Lang, spokeswoman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

No charges have been filed.

Margaret McCollom was taken by helicopter to Atlanta Medical Center, where she was listed in critical condition, according to a statement from police spokesman Lt. Mark Brown.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said at a press conference that he won't decide whether charges should be filed until the GBI presents him with an investigation report.

"We have no leanings one way or the other at this point because we just don't know," Ballard said. "As soon as all the facts are known they'll turn over a file to our office, and we'll review to see if in fact there's been any criminal activity."

McCollom is fully cooperating with authorities, Lang said. He's the one who called 911. Margaret McCollom has not been interviewed, she said.

Chief McCollom was placed on administrative leave.

Lang declined to comment when asked whether alcohol played a part in the incident, saying that's part of the investigation that cannot be revealed yet.

Snip

http://us.cnn.com/2015/01/01/justice/georgia-police-chief-wife/index.html?hpt=ju_c2
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did he have his gun in bed?

Still my Question..

Wife not interviewed yet, still not well enough if she makes it.

I don't have good feelings, maybe it is me.

Charges not filed to date.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From CNN:

NOTE: Cnn has a new site, upgraded. It sucks. All in big letters. I have no idea who decided to do this but I hope someone changes it back. It is hard to read.

Goz

-----------------------------
From CNN Website Crime

Snip
"The police chief in an upscale community outside Atlanta said he was sleeping when he moved a gun in the bed and accidentally shot his wife in the back. WSB reports."
Snip

Now, what kind of story is the above? They are buying this???.. I need to read this again, "He was sleeping when he moved the gun to the bed"!!!

Ok ok..
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Wife Speaks Reply with quote

The chiefs wife has spoken and she says she was asleep when he shot her. She says she believes it was an accident.
I'm glad she thinks it was... I am so jaded!

She has been improving and is now in fair condition.

Best wishes.

Goz
We will follow up.

Fair Use
Georgia police chief's wife says she was asleep when he shot her
January 5th, 2015
by Associated Press

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2015/jan/05/georgia-police-chiefs-wife-says-she-was-asleep-when-he-shot-her/281126/

Snip

The wife of a Georgia police chief says she was asleep when her husband shot her in bed, and that she believes it was an accident.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a news release that Margaret McCollom told investigators Monday that she could provide no information about the shooting but said she believes it was not intentional.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: