www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

She killed her Fiancee by tampering with Kayak--Charged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: She killed her Fiancee by tampering with Kayak--Charged Reply with quote

I don't know what to believe in this case. When I first read the story they had not recovered his body. They did yesterday but testing will take time.

I don't know if the woman made these statements to the police, if they in fact read her diary or if she is guilty. It seemed like there was not enough evidence to charge her with his murder. Statements have also been made there is a bit of a language barrier as she is Russian. (Others have posted not true on the barrier).

He had two life insurance polices and left them to her. I don't find that strange as he may not have had anyone in the states to leave the policies to, and they were to be married.

How do you tamper with a Kayak? I have been in Kayaks-- what, did she put a hole in his as they were in two sep. kayaks? The current was strong and she said he was taken by it. I doubt she could have pushed him over.
I guess the body will tell and when all the evidence is clearly released.

Also, I have read so many different accounts of the evidence or lack of evidence I am waiting for more to make my determination.

Any opinions?

Goz

Fair Use
Body recovered in Hudson River believed to be missing murdered kayaker
Published May 24, 2015
·FoxNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/24/body-recovered-in-hudson-river-believed-to-be-missing-murdered-kayaker/

Snip
A body found in the Hudson River Saturday is believed to be that of a missing kayaker who cops say was killed by his fiancée.

A boater spotted the body floating in water near where 46-year-old Vincent Viafore disappeared on an evening kayaking trip in April with his bride-to-be, CBS New York reported.

The woman, Angelika Graswald, 35, reported him missing and claimed his kayak capsized in choppy waters.

She has been charged with second-degree murder after prosecutors accused her of tampering with his kayak and making incriminating statements

Snip

Note: many articles online about this story before the body was found
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

This is the most recent article I located. She has plead not guilty and is beig held on 3 million dollar bail.

I have read a few dift versions of what went on that day. Now, it states she removed the drain plug and pushed the paddle away.. I don't understand how they know this.. I am awaiting the autopsy to make my final determination/opinion on these events.

Goz

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2015/05/29/woman-accused-of-killing-fiance-on-hudson-pleads-not-guilty

Fair Use
Woman pleads not guilty to fiance's kayak killing; lawyer calls it an accident after drinking
May 29, 2015 | 3:41 p.m. EDT
By JIM FITZGERALD,
Associated Press

Snip
woman accused of killing her fiance on the Hudson River by sabotaging his kayak is a victim of an accident that occurred on the chilly water after they had a couple of drinks, her lawyer said Friday.

Angelika Graswald pleaded not guilty Friday to murder and manslaughter charges in Orange County Court through her lawyer. Defense attorney Richard Portale said after the arraignment that he expects pending autopsy results on Vincent Viafore to indicate accidental drowning, hypothermia and "possible acute alcoholic intoxication."

"I think it's pretty clear that they were drinking, at least had a couple beers," Portale told reporters outside court.

Graswald is charged in the April 19 death of Viafore, whose body was found last weekend in the river near the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

Prosecutors claim Graswald, 35, removed the drain plug from Viafore's kayak and pushed a floating paddle away from him after his craft capsized and he struggled in the cold, choppy water. They claim she waited 20 minutes to call for help.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Update Indicted Reply with quote

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-new-york-kayak-murder-case-20150527-story.html

Kayaker indicted for murder after fiance's body turns up in Hudson River
by Tina Susman
Los Angeles Times

Snip
When a corpse was found in the Hudson River over the Memorial Day weekend, there were none of the usual questions about its identity. Few doubted that it was Vincent Viafore, a kayaker whose disappearance while out paddling with his fiancee is at the heart of a murder case captivating the scenic towns along the water.

Prosecutors say Viafore's fiancee, Angelika Graswald, 35, killed her strapping 46-year-old boyfriend on April 19 while the two were out for one of their regular kayaking trips.

Graswald, a native of Latvia in eastern Europe, stood to gain a quarter-million dollars from Viafore’s life insurance, Assistant Dist. Atty. Julie Mohl said at a bail hearing on May 13, two weeks after Graswald's arrest and nearly a month after Viafore vanished.

Graswald, who is being held on $3-million cash bail, says she is innocent. After her last court appearance, Graswald’s attorney, Richard Portale, denied prosecution allegations that she had confessed to tampering with Viafore’s kayak and said his client was the victim of a misunderstanding caused in part by a language barrier.

Snip

Snip
Mohl said Graswald told investigators that "it felt good" knowing her boyfriend of more than three years would die because she wanted out of the relationship.

-----------------

Well, another murder over money and someone trying to leave a relationship.
She was indicted and i'm looking for the outcome. This woman is as cold as ice.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fiancee of a man who disappeared after his kayak capsized in New York State has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with his death, authorities said today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: