www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sigsky, thanks for the update. I do like this one quote from the judge:

“The issue we have here,” D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher summed up at a hearing last week, “is Mr. Morales, and what was known or should have been known about him by the U.S. attorney’s office.”

Further complicating the picture, Fisher noted, is the recent discovery that “there may be deleted emails” to and from prosecutors during crucial points of the pretrial preparations.

There doesn't seem to be any question there are missing emails to and from prosecutors when they were soliciting the best "cellmate confession" the prison system could concoct. Those emails would have been pretty damning.

Of course they're deleted.

Three days of hearings on master confession teller Morales starting Wednesday in hearings on a new trial. Earlier posts on this expected more hearings early next year.

The "Justice" Department doing all they can to keep the truth from coming out, about Morales, about Guandique, and most importantly about Chandra.

rd

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/11/10/246381_new-trial-hearing-for-convicted.html?rh=1
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is today's blub on the hearing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/man-convicted-in-chandra-levys-death-back-in-court/2014/11/12/851bf620-6a84-11e4-a31c-77759fc1eacc_story.html

Keith Alexander has done extensive reporting on the Levy case and I haven't had any major problem with his reporting thus far. But I was angry when I read the following:

"Levy, 24, disappeared May 1, 2001. Her remains were found a year later in Rock Creek Park, where she had gone for a jog."

When was it determined that Levy went for a jog in RCP on May 1 or any other time?

To me this is shoddy reporting, which should be challenged. Should I email him?
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first thought, sigsky. Shoddy reporting at best that is a travesty to all that Chandra lived and preached.

It is also instrumental to the DC police and prosecutors making a case against Guandique. The Washington Post has been let us say less than critical of what the DC police and prosecutors have had to say since that veteran reporter Allan Lengel is no longer covering Chandra's case for the paper.

There was a period when the reporting was largely publicity for Higham and Horwitz and their book which was largely publicity for the DC prosecutors. A concerted effort at brainwashing the public was made. One of those brainwashing items was saying that Chandra went for a jog in the park.

It has affected Keith Alexander who up to this point has been accurate and very good in his reporting on the case. The article had help from a new reporter Hedgpeth who may know nothing more about the case than Horwitz's brainwashing, what else is there besides this site and Murder on a Horse Trail now?

So yes, emailing Keith would be a good idea. I was going to write a longer piece laying out exactly why there is zero case that Chandra was jogging in Rock Creek Park and a clear case that a message she was waiting for mentioned Rock Creek Park. But it is very late and I won't be able to do it justice.

The outline is roughly:

Chandra never jogged outdoors. Her friends in DC knew she didn't jog and considered it dangerous.

Chandra worked out at a gym on DuPont Circle. She tried to terminate her membership the evening before, but was told she had to give 30 days notice. So not only did she have 30 more days in DC, she discussed with the manager using up the remaining 30 days at associate clubs at home in California when she returned.

Chandra preached safety to women. She always carried protection devices, had a criminal justice undergraduate degree, was a police department volunteer back home in Modesto, and took defensive protection training to respond if attacked. Her entire being centered around the dangers lurking for women.

Not one female poilcewoman, prosecutor, or reporter has ever taken up my Chandra Walk in the Park Challenge. has never even been discussed how she would jog to Rock Creek Park and back.

And should one of these women consider this challenge, which is shameful to contend Chandra did this when they wouldn't dare to attempt it, make sure you're wearing what Chandra was wearing and carry only what she had. Very little.

Maybe the male policemen, prosecutors, and reporters who state she was jogging in Rock Creek Park enjoy the prospects of envisioning heavy breasted Chandra in tights and a sports bra jogging along the road in Washington DC. Now wouldn't that be a sight.

But you won't see these men discuss how she would accomplish it either. They just denigrate her memory with whatever is convenient to explain Chandra's presence down the side of the tallest hill in Washington DC in a deep forest. Next to the most convenient picnic table pullover secluded in that forest for dragging a body down the side of that hill.

That would be the other point. Chandra didn't jog, joggers don't run on the top of the tallest hill in Washington DC, but bodies found in Rock Creek Park through the years were placed there, not people passing through and murdered. The DC police initially said of the area that Chandra was found, "this is not a place you will find joggers".

Then there's the psychological aspects of Chandra at the time of her disappearance. Chandra had been checking her phone for messages every few minutes for a couple of days, ever since she had called her aunt on Sunday and left a message that she had big news.

Anyone who has seen a person very concerned about getting a message for multiple days knows that that person doesn't go off alone without a phone for hours without having got the message or given up on getting a message.

Was her behavior that of a girl giving up on getting the message she was waiting for? Someone spent all morning searching on her boyfriend on the internet and then toward the end of signing off searched on Rock Creek Park. The police and prosecutors and some reporters say this indicates she was going to walk or jog to Rock Creek Park.

But what the Rock Creek Park information she saw was a rough green blob of a map of Rock Creek Park, no detail whatsoever. And any unbiased analysis of her behavior would find it much more likely that she had recieved her message and there was a mention of going to Rock Creek Park to talk. Her boyfirend's wife had just come into town, another issue of great urgency for Chandra, and she would not be able to go to her boyfriend's apartment to talk as usual. And there was lots to talk about.

But just as there is no indication that Chandra was jogging in Rock Creek Park, in fact indications that that would be a disservice to Chandra's memory to claim it, there is no indication that Chandra was the person on her computer that morning searching on her boyfriend.

No one had seen her since leaving her sports club the previous evening. No one had seen her come home. No one had seen her leave. No one had talked to her by phone that morning that will admit it, and no one exchanged emails with her. One email on flight fares sent by an airline was forwarded from her computer to her parents in California, but there was no message on it.

And there was a scream very early that morning, and a call to 911 from a resident in her building who heard the scream.

There is more of a case for Chandra disappearing at 4:30 in the morning with a scream as there is that Chandra chucked aside everything she held dear in life to run into a forest on a horse trail as the DC prosecutors and police and yes even Washington Post reporters want you to believe.

We may not find justice for Chandra in death, but at least let's honor the integrity of her life. Think on Chandra, feel her last days, and know the truth in your heart. The prosecutors are counting on people not knowing the facts about Chandra.

They are not interested in justice for Chandra.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander folllows up with a good summary of yesterday's hearings. The defense lawyers and jury should have known this about the "cellmate confession" witness who concocted this story for the DC prosecutors.

I'm not saying that particular group of jurors could have discerned the difference, they were chosen as a particulary clueless group of people beholden to their DC establishment superiors, and knew absolutely nothiing about Chandra or the crime scene, but at least the "I'm just doing this from the goodness of my heart" crap from the cellmate storyteller wouldn't fly.

Keith concludes the article with this excellent description:

"Levy, 24, disappeared May 1, 2001. Her remains were found a year later in Rock Creek Park."

rd

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/california-prosecutor-describes-key-witness-in-levy-murder-trial-as-treacherous/2014/11/14/c0bdffa4-6c35-11e4-b053-65cea7903f2e_story.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update. I got it in the mail and was going to post but came
and figured you did.

Good day my friend Rd.
Thks Sig...

goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought just occurred to me, I realize I'm a little slow in thinking deviously, but as I was running this Guandique "cellmate confession" thing through my head it occurred to me that not only did the Justice Department / Bureau of Prisons know that the witness was a known collaborator, it occurred to me that they placed Guandique in a cell of a known collaborator to give them the opportunity of a "cellmate confession" witness to railroad Guandique.

I have written extensively that when all else is in doubt, prosecutors seek a "cellmate confession" to arrange a conviction they want. I guess it would be naive of me that they would just sit around and hope it happens. So they move Guandique around to known collaborators and have a contest of best collaborator story. We saw that this witness was a first class story teller.

Now the BoP I'm sure will just say gee, we transfer prisoners all the time and golly gee, he just happened to end up in a cell for a month with a major Spanish gang leader who's been looking for a deal and well, stuff happens.

But if they were forced to, someone arranged that transfer for the DC police and prosecutors who made several trips to visit Guandique to try to pin this on him.

Others are better judges as to whether the JD / BoP could be forced to reveal that they arranged this "cellmate confession", but like Chandra's departure from the BoP, which I write about in Murder on a Horse Trail, they are not telling the truth about Chandra or Guandique.

rd

Murder on a Horse Trail Chapter 6. BOP

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Pre-hearing Correspondence re: Missing Emails Reply with quote

The United States of America vs. Ingmar Guandique

Request for Emergency Hearing Regarding the Government's Destruction of Relevant Evidence

The US Government states that there is a 3-year storage policy on emails in the Executive Attorneys' Offices (EOUSA), so a litigation-hold is supposed to be in-effect on emails, relevant to the Ingmar Guandique case. Guandique's defense team is taking offense that apparently no litigation hold has been placed on those emails which are relevant to Guandique's defense. They point out that the government may be lying, because it is apparent that not all emails were destroyed in the 3 year period. An example is given of an email that the government recovered, which was written by Amanda Haines (who prosecuted Guandique) prior to the 3-year deletion period.
So, there are inconsistencies in the Government's statement that emails were kept for only three years and then deleted across the board. Guandique's defense team has discovery which proves that the emails were not destroyed. There has been selective deletion or with-holding of emails by the US Government's attorneys. Guandique's attorneys and later even Judge Fisher ask: "What is going on here?"

http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/PDS%20Request%20for%20Emergency%20Hearing.pdf
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Circumvention of Legal Right-Letters to Guandique in Prison Reply with quote

This article expounds on letters written by investigators (perhaps at the request of prosecutors) directly to Ingmar Guandique in prison from 2004--2005, which should have gone through his legal counsel.

AOL News, Tickle the Wire
Investigators in Chandra Levy Case Wrote Letters under Fake Female Name to Suspect
October 15, 2010
By Allan Lengel

http://www.ticklethewire.com/tag/santha-sonenberg/

May be emails have been deleted, relating to this matter!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: More Secret Hearings Reply with quote

Secret Hearings in Case of Levy Slaying
Associated Press
January 25, 2015

"The meetings, held sporadically behind closed doors at the courthouse over the last several weeks, raise questions about what comes next in a criminal case that appeared resolved by the 2010 conviction of Ingmar Guandique."

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Secret-hearings-in-case-of-Levy-slaying-4226225.php#photo-4092597
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: The Real Question that RD is Hinting at? Reply with quote

I think that rd wants us to figure out, if there are any connections between the Bureau of Prisons, which was Chandra's employer and the mis-directed, red-herring of a case and continuing cover up, that is being perpetuated against Ingmar Guandique in complete violation of Brady laws.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comment sorry.. the government is .......
I cant even make a comment with decency..

Big coverup-- waiting for RD to weigh in ..

thanks rainbow. What great information..
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Federal Bureau of Prisons Reach Reply with quote

I think that rd is encouraging us to THINK about the role the Federal Bureau of Prisons, Chandra's former employer, has played in what Billy Martin, attorney for Chandra's parents called, "a well-planned kidnapping and removal". As rd has pointed out, why did Chandra, herself, tell a girlfriend in an email that someone in HR must have screwed something up with the timing of her internship, while Tracy Billingsley, Chandra's supervisor (whom I believe has gone on to become Federal Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman), made a public statement that it came to an end as scheduled? Who encouraged or pressured employee(s) of the Federal Bureau of Prisons (a large bureaucracy) to end Chandra's internship so seemingly suddenly, without the offer of permanent employment and WHY?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Pre-hearing Memorandum in Support of Mr. Guandique's Motion Reply with quote

United States of America v. ingmar Guandique

Pre-hearing Memorandum in Support of Mr. Guandique's Motion for a New Trial

http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/Guandique%20new%20trial%20motion%20appendix.pdf
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Judge Grants Government's Request to Extend Deadline Reply with quote

2009-CF1 009230: District of Columbia vs. Guandique, Ingmar

Judge Fisher extends the Government's request to produce email production to the defense until March 31, 2015 and orders the Government to respond to the defense's letter of January 23, 2015 by February 27, 2015. The next status hearing is scheduled for March 19, 2015. AUSA testimony to begin on May26, 2015.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
jane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting material!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: