www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Doyle has a good follow up piece on the revealed transcripts. The most incriminating info he found was another lie by the "cellmate confession" liar, a liar aided and abetted by DC prosecutors.

If you recall the testimony, and if you don't it's understandable, it's been a couple of years, but in his testimony he literally made everything up. After lying about not knowing how to approach authorities with information, not given information before, he went on at some length about how he consulted with his family to cooperate with authorities, and they assured him it was the right thing to do, yada yada.

He said it was the first time he'd met with his family in 14 years, and it gave him the confidence to inform on Guandique.

Only problem was, he met with his family two years earlier, in 2006. So that whole drama thing he told the jury was yet another lie. I seriously doubt that anything the thug said in his entire testimony was the truth. Along with the doubt I have that anything DC prosecutors said was the truth.

All liars. That's what passes for justice for Chandra.

rd

Newly revealed transcripts in Levy murder case show combative convict
Michael Doyle
McClatchy Washington Bureau
August 2, 2013

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/02/3539648/newly-revealed-transcripts-in.html
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Doyle reporting for McClatchy Newspapers reports on who revealed Morales past and notified DC prosecutors. Fresno detectives uncovered it, then Fresno US Attorney's office notified DC prosecutors, who sat on it as long as they could.

Somewhere along the way after many months they apparently couldn't keep it hidden, and the judge and defense came to know of it.

Even now DC prosecutors dismiss it as nothing, yet it was something they tried to keep hidden for most of a year.

And they have no shame. All in a day's injustice.

rd

Court records raise questions about Chandra Levy murder trial
by Michael Doyle
August 7, 2013

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/07/5631401/court-records-raise-questions.html
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corrupt cover up DC prosecutors still tryng to deny justice for Chandra.

rd

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/08/19/199722/questions-and-attorney-squabbling.html#.UhLw8azlflU
rd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another hearing was held Wednesday. Article:

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/09/5808594/cloud-over-chandra-levy-murder.html

Defense attorney Jonathan Anderson doing a great job of chasing down the lies the federal prosecutors made to railroad Guandique and close Chandra's case without questions asked that I posed in Murder on a Horse Trail.

There's been nothing but lying from the beginning. Justice Department has a prosecutor who had the temerity to document why the "prison cell confession" professional jailhouse liar was no good as a witness before the Justice Department played footsies with him in exchange for lying that Guandique "confessed" to him.

Might get a retrial out of it. DC prosecutors doing their best to contain this and make it go away. The Fresno prosecutor not available for questions.

Good article. Check it out.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Fall, everyone!
I read the article and liked it, as well. Personally, I feel that the defense should not have to bother with a new trial. Instead, Guandique should be released from prison and compensated financially for having been falsely imprisoned.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be justice, Rainbow. Can't have that.

Defense lawyers have now asked for a retrial. The DC prosecutors are pulling their usual tricks and rope a dopeing - can't get this, secrecy that, privacy this, and the judge finally exclaimed he would be retiring at some point, the point I take from that is that the foot dragging by government prosecutors is elite status denial of justice.

They're probably pretty proud of themselves too. Probably spend all day high fiving each other and laughing.

The next status hearing is January 6.

Nice reporting on this by Michael Doyle in the Fresno Bee among other McClatchy Newspapers. The detail provided is impressive. I'm going to provide contact details from his bio at end of article.

rd

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/11/06/3593823/chandra-levy-murder-case-takes.html

The reporter can be reached at (202) 383-0006, mdoyle@mcclatchydc.com or @MichaelDoyle10 on Twitter. Read more on federal legal issues on his blog, "Suits & Sentences".
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Status Hearing on 1/06/2014 continued to 3/25/2014 @ 10 a.m. Reply with quote

Court Set Deadlines By Which Government Compelled to Release Transcripts and Other Evidentiary Documents Requested By Defense

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Status Hearing on 1/06/2014 continued to 3/25/2014 @ 10 Reply with quote

Rainbow wrote:
Court Set Deadlines By Which Government Compelled to Release Transcripts and Other Evidentiary Documents Requested By Defense

In order to access this data, please type in Ingmar Guandique's name and
when his 3 case listings appear, click on Case Details.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is awesome, Rainbow. Details show the next hearing is Discovery on March 25.

Government still refusing to hand over the information. I guess it's a game to them. Taxpayer paid goons who gleefully play rope a dope with justice. Justice in this case for Chandra.

thanks again for the info.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned three things today:

- Michael Doyle is still an ace reporter. He reports on the Guandique hearing here:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/28/4025061/prison-snitch-key-to-retrial-for.html

- The retrial hearing has been rescheduled for October because the judge has asked the government to "investigate" why they can't find anything on their key witness, a prison informant who made up a bizarre story about Guandique for them.

- The government Justice Department is still as evil as the people they incarcerate. They threw away everything they had on their prison informant so that they could claim he hadn't informed before as he testified at Guandique's trial. and so they could claim they didn't have anything to turn over to defense. This info came from state of California where apparently the Justice Dept couldn't "disappear" the info as they did their own.

As Judge Fisher asked at the hearing, "“Does it seem odd to you that there is no other information about this?”

The answer is no, the Justice Dept goons don't find it odd at all. They "disappear" inconvenient things just like Chandra got disappeared.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guandique's lawyers filed for new trial today. Excellent work from the Public Defenders office on this.

Michael Doyle quotes from the filing:

“Without Morales,” defense attorney Jonathan W. Anderson wrote, “the government had no case.”

This is eminently true. These US Prosecutors think it's a Liars Game to put Guandique away as political scapegoat for a murder of Chandra on a horse trail she never was on.

Prosecutors file response in June. Doyle has some good reporting on what's expected in three day hearing starting October 14.

rd

Michael Doyle of McClatchyDC
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/05/06/226704/convicted-killer-in-chandra-levy.html?sp=/99/200/

Keith Alexander of Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/ingmar-guandiques-attorneys-move-to-have-conviction-overturned-in-levy-case/2014/05/06/80634244-d54e-11e3-95d3-3bcd77cd4e11_story.htm

Jessica Gresko of Associated Press
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyers-detail-reasons-chandra-levy-trial-23613990
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Doyle of McClatchyDC has a writeup on the status of the retrial. Take a look here:
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/09/23/240787/convicted-killer-of-chandra-levy.html?sp=/99/200/365/

Some highlights:

- retrial hearing moved back to November 12.

- scheduled three day hearing will include testimony from Mr. "cellmate confession hearer, really, I'm just doing this from the goodness of my heart because I need to pay back society" Morales.

- DC prosecutors crying about how hard they've worked to look for what they withheld from Guandique's Public Defenders. They'll probably get a government bonus (my opinion, not in article).

- defense attorney Jonathan W. Anderson has been doing a great job on this retrial effort in my opinion.

- Doyle provides a lot of insightful case law concering the hearing.

I have said over and over, this is about justice for Chandra, not justice for Guandique. To throw Chandra under the bus, to have her traipsing miles through heavy traffic and into a dense, dark forest on the highest hill in DC, on a horse trail, and off the horse trail on a path to nowhere, is a travesty of justice for Chandra that cannot be surpassed. It is the ultimate throwing Chandra to the wolves, just as her murderer did.

But that murderer wasn't Guandique, waiting in that dense, dark forest on the highest hill in DC. It was someone who dumped her body over the side of hill just like like every other murder victim ever found in Rock Creek Park.

Just as Chandra became inconvenient, so has the truth of her death.

We will see if truth will ever be told in that courtroom.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: note rd comment Reply with quote

Good to see you post RD. I have missed your posts. I have missed you.
Goz

----------------------------------------------------------

Quoting below a statement from you:

Quote:
But that murderer wasn't Guandique, waiting in that dense, dark forest on the highest hill in DC. It was someone who dumped her body over the side of hill just like like every other murder victim ever found in Rock Creek Park.

Just as Chandra became inconvenient, so has the truth of her death.

And, as you stated above, so it goes again. Chandra was inconvenient, like many before and after her. The truth is not being told. It is toooo
inconvenient and muddled to tell.

I'm so sorry Chandra has been denied justice Rd. She deserved better than this. You, ( and many here worked hard) to follow and expose what could be told. It is a shame, another travesty..

Best wishes to Chandra's Family
May she rest in peace

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi goz, I had to shift focus to programming but I leave posting to your capable hands and others on other forums who stay on top of things. Thanks.

For those following Chandra's case, Doyle has update. Additional hearings in February '15. Government witnesses are uncooperative and hiding the lies they enabled about Chandra at Guandique's trial. It's basically the Justice Department against justice.

And I'm not a right winger. I know the Justice Department has been in right winger's shame list for quite some time, and I really want to support our justice system, but these people are in cahoots with prisoners to raise lying to an art form.

I can't support that.

rd

Chandra Levy case stretches out in bid for new trial
By Michael Doyle
October 3, 2014

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/10/03/242067/chandra-levy-case-stretches-out.html?sp=/99/200/365/
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, It's been a while but I'm still here. Found this blurb from Michael Doyle regarding Wednesday's hearing on the Guandique trial. Given that Judge Fisher has so much invested in this, I can't help but wonder if someone else should be hearing this. On the other hand given his knowledge of the background maybe he is the best person. I'm a bit down on judges since the Roberts betrayal. Don't get me started:-)

http://www.thestate.com/2014/11/10/3803551_new-trial-hearing-for-convicted.html?rh=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: