www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, Andrea Noble of Washington Times report worded in a way more direct than I've seen in referring to knowledge of the impeaching information during the trial, at least defense contends:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/19/documents-spur-request-for-new-trial-for-chandra-l/

“Mr. Guandique and the public have a right to know precisely what happened at Mr. Guandique’s trial and why the government allowed its prosecution to be predicated on a lie,” wrote defense attorneys from the D.C. Public Defenders Service in a motion opposing the seal of a December status hearing.

but also...

About a year after Guandique’s 2011 sentencing, the U.S. Attorney's Office learned of information that “drastically undercut its prosecution of Guandique,” but it was not until November that the information was partially disclosed, according to the defense team.

end quote

So that part is still consistent, finding out a year later, we've heard from California prosecutors. So what does the defense want public to know "precisely what happened at Guandique's trial"?

I'd like to know.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the government's motion to seal the hearings that was forced to be partially disclosed by lawsuits from the media. This government Justice system is a monster. They are evil. That is all I can describe it as.

First they didn't let the defense know about this information for most of a year, then they tried to force any hearings to be in secret so the press wouldn't know about it.

These despicable human beings on public payroll known as DC prosecutors are arguing for a Gitmo type hearing for Guandique, all based on protecting their "cellmate confession" lying witness. They argue that once convicted, a person no longer has a right to a public hearing and the government can do everything in secret, especially the press not knowing anything about it. They go and on about if the press finds out about it, there will be speculation that will endanger their witness.

So the government can concoct a prison inmate with a story to convict someone, then forever after keep everything about it being a lie secret to protect their liar.

My god. Throw these dastardly bastards out in the street. All of them. They are Gitmo is justice in America. It doesn't matter which party is in power, the Justice Department is out of control.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Doyle's piece:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/02/19/3180149/levy-prosecutors-sat-on-key-information.html

I don't suppose reading the redacted documents would reveal much that is not in the news pieces but I've got the time and would like to do it. I'll see if I can find them and post a link. At this point, I don't know how the DC judicial system can keep this buried.

The time has come to do away with lifetime judicial appointments.
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/244241/158/Press-Denied-Full-Disclosure-Of-Guandique-Documents

Beneath Guandique's photo are links to the prosecution and defense motions regarding sealing the December 18, 2012 hearing. Nice job by the defense trying to protect Constitutional rights and nice job by the prosecution in showing how little regard for the Constitution that they have. The redaction was also well done as nothing is revealed germane to the case.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's just a handful of reporters standing between us and the justice system of a third world banana republic.

Otherwise the government would operate with impunity in total secrecy, at least in this case and according to their arguments for anyone convicted.

The thin line between government secrecy and us knowing anything about justice for Chandra is pretty scary, sigsky.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: following along Reply with quote

No comment, waiting, like everyone else to hear the outcome of this injustice, or at least someone to explain how Chandra came to be in the park?
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was a nice day for a walk" according to the DC coverup committee.

I have a standing challenge for any of the female prosecutors or reporters running that scam to take that walk dressed as they claim Chandra did, alone in leotards and sports bra (those who can even deal with minimal level of detail suggest she must have taken off her heavy sweatshirt) and let us know what they think about that by the time they get out on No Horses path.

None of those pathetic liars have taken me up on it. As if they'd even make it there, the twits.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting news while we wait for April 11 hearing. AP and UK Daily Mail reporting on an Anderson Cooper interview with Susan Levy Monday March 4. Article says noon Monday but that may be in England? Anderson Cooper used to be on evenings on CNN.

I don't follow tv news at all. Never have, throughout all these years from the beginning I never watched tv/cable news coverage on Chandra Levy case. It was so dumbed down I couldn't stand it. I read news articles and used to read transcripts when there were interviews. At this point I'd probably watch an interview with Mrs. Levy though.

Article quotes the 85% certainty thing from Susan reported earlier. But also, finally, this:

'I am a mother lion and like mother lions, they go into their intuitive stomach part and their mind and just in an intuitive feeling, I feel that [doubt],' she said. 'I know that my daughter - someone screamed in her apartment before the time she went missing. I know she's not a jogger in a park, I also know it seems very suspicious that she would be carrying nothing as far as identification or spray, as she usually carries the spray.'

Thank you. We've been saying that for a number of years now, like from the beginning. And a lot more. How could anyone but corrupt DC prosecutors and police say otherwise?

Also an article in Washington Post about a 2009 manslaughter conviction overturned on appeal due to a Judge Fisher error. Interesting timing. My thoughts are that Fisher will not want another conviction overturned on top of that due to error.

My guess is it is more fuel for a retrial ruling.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 11 hearing was scheduled for today. Articles on it haven't hit press yet so no word yet on what reporters were allowed to hear.

Interesting blog from Zoe Tillman at LegalTimes just popped up:

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2013/04/after-months-of-secrecy-new-information-disclosed-in-chandra-levy-case.html

Tillman reveals there was a two hour secret hearing, after which Fisher named Morales as the testimony in question, which we all knew had to be for this to get traction. As readers here know, Morales had a totally fabricated jim dandy of a lie about Guandique and Chandra, the classic "cellmate confession" that corrupt prosecutors use to kangaroo court someone too poor to hire a vigorous defense that would shred the case to pieces.

Toss in some handpicked DC local doofuses who never heard of Chandra Levy, and you have a first class railroad job by our "justice" system. Whatever it takes to protect Chandra's murder from reaching the halls of Congress and the Bureau of Prisons for a real investigation.

Part of that is the criminal mishandling and destruction of evidence by the DC Police and their assorted accomplices, we've detailed that throughout. Today the Public Defenders raised yet another of those issues, the 911 call of The Scream made by a resident of the Newport in the wee hours after which Chandra was never seen again. None of that information was turned over to the defense.

As we argued during the trial here and I don't know how many years before that, and in chapter The Scream in Murder on a Horse Trail, there is reasonable doubt that Chandra had already disappeared before Guandique's alleged encounter with her later that afternoon in Rock Creek Park. Of course, anyone that contends that Chandra made that journey to Rock Creek Park has never tried it, doesn't know anything about Chandra, or just wants to pin the murder on someone too poor to have a defense lawyer that would make even a doofus jury understand it.

So more delay for another six weeks until May 21 for lawyers to do whatever it is they do.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to make of some of this reporting of today's hearing. Reminds me of the old days.

Micheal Doyle has an exact quote of Judge Fisher at end of hearing:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/11/4176616/still-more-twists-and-turns-in.html

“It’s the defense’s view that the impeachment information is substantial, and that it undermines Mr. Morales’ credibility and merits a new trial,” D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher said.

But Jessica Gresko of AP is reporting it as this:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/11/4176642/key-witness-in-levy-case-could.html

A judge says a key witness against the man convicted of murdering Washington intern Chandra Levy in 2001 could be discredited by new information.

There's a substantial difference if the judge is repeating a defense assertion or is stating it himself. Suffice to say he sees merit in the assertion to proceed this far, but the difference is more than a nicety.

This is an example of why Michael Doyle's reporting on the Chandra Levy case was so crucial all these years. He gets the distinction details right.

Also, we have this oddity.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2074465

Donna Leger of USA Today reporting:

A previously undisclosed early morning 911 call reporting a "blood curdling scream" at congressional intern Chandra Levy's apartment building on the day she disappeared undermines the testimony of a key witness in her murder trial, defense attorneys said Thursday.

Article goes on to say that defense learned of the 911 call in December and contend it impeaches Morales testimony, according to Judge Fisher.

Please tell me Leger is major league confused by the two events transpiring in the courtroom, one that there is as yet undisclosed information that discredits Morales, the other that the defense contend they were never provided with info on the 911 call and are requesting it, while also citing it as another reason for a new trial.

From what little we've gleaned from reports through the months, it was California prosecutors who gave this Morales information to the court, and they sure as heck didn't say gee, we just read chapter The Scream in Murder on a Horse Trail and that totally impeaches Morales "cellmate confession" story.

That's some of the worst reporting ever, and we've seen some of the worst ever in Chandra's case, or she is the only one revealing what is behind this Morales testimony thing. And what of the security problems, ongoing and a new one that has to be sorted out by May 21?

I truly hope it is just that Leger is totally screwed up.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more excellent reporting from Michael Doyle of McClatchy Newspapers today:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/12/3340557/in-chandra-levy-case-ex-gang-enforcer.html

Here's Doyle's quote of Fisher on the undermining information:

Attorneys will be sorting through the information that allegedly undercuts Morales’ credibility. Defense attorneys think that prosecutors should have known it, and shared it with the defense, at the time of the trial, but that has yet to be proved.

“I think it may be just a bit of information that wasn’t known, or wasn’t made known through diligent efforts,” District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher said at a bench conference Dec. 18. “I haven’t reached those conclusions.”

Fisher still dangling hope for the US government prosecutors. While the information is clearly substantial to raise all this hullaballoo, Fisher could find that prosecutors could have not known about it and thus tuff luck to a railroad job.

Defense attorneys say otherwise, but they also didn't know about the 911 call, and they have to be idiots to not know fundamentals of Chandra's case like that.

So we have the blind leading the blind in front of a bunch of doofuses, and call it justice.

But it's not justice for Chandra.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The May 21 hearing was held, and the issue was that the government and Morales lied and also withheld any nformation in my opinion that discredited their lying witness.

Basically Morales is a career government witness who says whatever lies the government wants the jury to hear to kangaroo court railroad their target. The prosecutors are as evil as Morales is.

Even now they claim they gave the defense all the information when they in fact didn't provide the information and withheld or threw away or whatever evil things they do to evidence that proves they are liars.

Public defenders say they will be asking for a new trial. I hope it happens, but our government at least at the US Prosecutor level is corrupt and evil and professional liars.

I think the terrorism thing has gone to their heads and everything is just a game to deceive the public now.

rd

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/21/4248250/witness-in-chandra-levy-murder.html
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media reporting that judge has ordered the information made public, the information prosecutors have kept secret all this time. But we got sense of what it was about last time so I doubt any revelations forthcoming.

What is clear now though is that Public Defenders will ask for new trial in October or November, after next hearing September 26.

Without the prosecutors and their "cell mate confession" lies, Guandique should be found not guilty, as anyone who has followed this case and knows anything about Chandra would know.

Still I wish the Public Defenders could be much more careful to lead the jury through Chandra's last days and what she was totally focused on, and also examine carefully the crime scene. Have them walk up the horse trail to it, and out the No Horses path. Yeah, prosecutor says Chandra did this because it was a nice day, why don't you take that prosecutor on a walk here from DuPont Circle while she explains it to you.

Bunch of fricking idiots.

And the DNA on her leggings that can't be identified and is not Guandique's, yet somehow must be contamination, but somehow not contaminated by someone who was examining it, the DC police and FBI, because their DNA would be identifiable. Yeah, of course, must be, any other case it would have cleared the defendant, but not with these corrupt lying prosecutors.

So I guess next is trying to get the prosecutor to say what they knew of the lying during the trial.

More lying to come.

Otherwise known under oath as perjury.

I think we'll get a new trial instead of them risking perjuring themselves.

Kudos to the California prosecutor who brought this ugly truth to a place the Feds couldn't hide it. Well, at least not forever. They rope a doped around the truth as long as they could.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it looks like a new trial is likely and with Morales being tainted, I don't know how they could convict. I've found 5 court transcripts that have been released but because of the redactions I wasn't able to discern any new information. Apparently Morales has been a snitch for some time and the prosecution but not the defense knew it. I guess the safety issue is concern for Morales and his family once his snitching history is outed.

Okay, so if the Guandique conviction is reversed, then what? Guandique certainly isn't going to go look for the real killer. Will anyone? This could be our generation's "Black Dahlia" murder. Time to update the book RD?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sigsky, good to see you. I don't know. I think the case details and questions raised stood the test of time. Most new information was from prosecutors and Washington Post reporters who wrote the book, and I don't trust any of the info provided. At all.

I am still concerned that Public Defenders won't do a good enough job making the jury aware of Chandra and Guandique's details, which I cover thoroughly in book, or of showing the jury exactly what the crime scene was like and what it would take to do what prosecution contends, and afraid they will serve up that weak "They didn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt" and expect a Not Guilty. Very afraid they will do it again.

I also want Chandra's last days examined and explained thoroughly. We now have a new bit of information, a note found on her countertop. What in the world was that?

The jury should be told these things in a comprehensible manner. Lawyers are too caught up in their little tit for tat back and forths. jury doesn't get anything out of that and doesn't see big picture. They just see a prosecution steam rolling defendant and defense.

And how could the DNA found not exonerate him, as far as that goes. There are much stronger arguments to make than just asking questions and assuming doubt has been established.

But assuming Guandique is freed, I would hope questions raised in the book were answered. All the info is out now, police can't be hiding anything anymore, so press for answers without that excuse to hide behind.

Answers from everyone but Condit. We have several versions of his answers, don't need any more.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: