www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judge hears issue raised about Guandique witness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't even throw them a bone. Said he's justified keeping everything secret.

Significantly, Guandique is being flown to DC for tomorrow's hearing. They wouldn't bring Guandique there for a quick quashed appeals ruling.

I think the secrecy and bringing Guandique means the stuff has hit the fan. We called it here all along.

Now if we could only convince Public Defenders to rip that DC prosecution's case to shreds as we have done.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is our friend, Michael Doyle's take on the proceedings. Perhaps somewhat more critical than Mr. Alexander's?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/02/06/2464572/chandra-levy-judge-maintains-veil.html
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two interesting reports that Doyle is divulging, sigsky.

"The [Thursday] hearing will involve discussions of evidence discovery, and won’t feature any witness testimony."

"[Judge] Fisher said he thought that “in the not-too-distant future, a substantial amount of information will be disclosed” that might clarify what’s taking place in the hearings."

Evidence discovery related to the lying prosecution witness? Take your pick, they were all lying. Evidence discovery that proves they were lying?

Evidence discovery? Unrelated to prior "evidence", or new evidence? The only evidence that I know of was DNA found on Chandra's leggings that should have exonerated Guandique, as it would have in any other case in United States history not for the intent of removing a murder investigation from the halls of Congress.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Doyle reporting on the hearing that took place today:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/07/3222606/mystery-continues-to-surround.html

Highlights:

Proceedings still secret.

Guandique was there with his head shaved now.

Appeals Court rejected defense appeal for opening proceedings.

Judge has asked prosecutors to provide public with some limited details.

There's something going on next week. Susan Levy's lawyer said she, the lawyer, will be back next week and “The victim has a right to know what’s going on.”

Apparently more legal arguments about whatever the issue is. I assume they will keep Guandique in DC area until settled. Hopefully new trial will not be able to be avoided by even the low standards we've seen in this case.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to move this RD.

I was not sure if you all had it and saw it this morning.

http://us.cnn.com/2013/02/07/justice/chandra-levy-hearings/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Fair Use
New hearings in Chandra Levy case add to mystery
By Brian Todd and Carol Cratty,
CNN
updated 9:33 PM EST, Thu February 7, 2013

Snip
In a hearing Thursday, Judge Gerald Fisher, along with an appeals court, maintained restrictions on the media's ability to report on recent hearings in the case. Fisher has ruled that the substantive details of hearings on December 18, January 4 and at least one upcoming hearing remain under seal.

When the sealed issues are discussed during the hearings, the lawyers and judge speak at the judge's bench, and observers in the courtroom cannot hear the conversations. The transcripts of those discussions are under seal.

The judge's ruling was a disappointment to a group of media outlets, including Associated Press, Gannett, McClatchy, the Washington Post and Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, that had filed court papers seeking to unseal the information.

"We're very disappointed with the court leaving in place essentially blanket secrecy," Patrick Carome, an attorney representing the media outlets, told reporters outside the courthouse. Carome predicted the secrecy surrounding hearings in the Levy case could last months.

The man convicted of killing Levy made an appearance at a hearing on Thursday.
Snip
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi goz, thanks, it's in a link above but that's ok, this snippet helps.

Here's a very interesting quote reported by CNN's Brian Todd and Carol Cratty:

"Patrick Carome, an attorney representing the media outlets,... predicted the secrecy surrounding hearings in the Levy case could last months."

We'll see what happens next week on this case.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from MercuryNews.com website which has a lot of annoying popups.

I can't imagine we will learn much from the redacted testimony, but I guess we will know in a week.

(fair use)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/partial-transcripts-promised-chandra-levy-case-18506507
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Partial transcripts promised in Chandra Levy case
The Associated Press
Posted: 02/14/2013 02:34:28 PM PST

WASHINGTON—The public will soon learn more about the subject of sealed hearings in the Chandra Levy murder case.

After a 2 1/2-hour sealed proceeding on Thursday, D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher said redacted, partial transcripts of hearings in December and January will be made available to the public and the media in about a week's time. A prosecutor said defense lawyers made assertions in those proceedings that the government does not agree with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is will be enough to get a flavor for what the issue is but no specifics on who, what, or why.

I have to think this is still on track for a retrial. I hope I win the lottery before then so we can get a defense team in place that will tear the prosecution case apart at least as well as we did.

It's not that hard. But you have to ask a lot of pointed questions and educate the jury on the case through that. Nothing should be allowed to be assumed or unknown that impacts whether Chandra or Gaundique was there that afternoon for the contention against Guandique to have taken place.

And while important for jury to know everything about the two jogger assaults, need to drill into the jury over and over that that case had already been prosecuted and Guandique served ten years in federal prison for it. Exactly what happened and what is contended in time and place has to be drilled into those jurors heads, along with the robbery of the neighbors apartment and the mug shot showing no scars as well.

A good defense team would tear the prosecution's contentions into shreds. They have a good start with our posts for the most part. Not that hard at all.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Brad Heath of USA Today, while some court records will be released next week the next scheduled hearing is April 11.

There's a lot going on on this I have to think.

rd

http://www.freep.com/article/20130215/NEWS07/130215015/Chandra-Levy-murder-records-to-be-released
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was updating links in Chapter Guandique in our online version of Murder on a Horse Trail when I clicked on:

Guandique Murder Analysis
http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4217

It's even more relevant with this prosecution witness mystery than ever. I was going to quote from it but no good stopping place. It all needs to be said again.

With that, my Guandique Murder Analysis again:

While all the stuff are said by police to be quotes from Guandique, they are all from what another prisoner told authorities. If you've ever seen prisoner types make up stories, then you'll know they make up pretty good whoppers. That's about all they do, to be honest with you.

And the better they tell it, the better they get out of jail for their "cooperation".

Throughout these stories being handed out to the press by the DC police are several references to Guandique referring to Chandra as things like "some Italian looking girl" like he didn't know anything about her. You'd never know from the DC police that Guandique was investigated about Chandra very thoroughly back in 2002 and passed a lie detector test, and that's something Condit hasn't done.

So Guandique knows very well who Chandra is and that's just an indication of what made up stories sound like.

Well, the inmate should be a star witness so can't wait for the cross examine on that guy.

Now I could care less about Guandique. He has served eight years for assaulting the two women, he has two more to serve, and I wouldn't trust him when he gets out, but he's going to be exported so the Salvadorans can deal with him.

But there are two things I do care about. I care about making Chandra a victim again by placing her in Rock Creek Park jogging now they say to be murdered. I have covered in detail the many reasons that Chandra or any woman wouldn't go from never jogging to jogging for miles through desolate Washington DC pathways and behind the National Zoo and on up to finally starting up a hill on a horse trail in the woods and then up into that forest until finally she's murdered, all the while wearing a 14k bracelet her Congressman boyfriend just gave her but not carrying a cellphone as she always did (this is why the police claim jogging, of course) and not carrying pepper spray / mace for protection as she evangelized constantly.

The DC police and FBI don't like to talk about this, but Chandra was an applicant to the FBI, having just completed a Master's Degree in political administration, prior to that minoring in college in criminal law, prior to that working for the Modesto police department, prior to that being a member of the police explorers club in high school and wearing her uniform to school.

She also trained in self defense and security, and was an evangelist for women safety measures. That's one reason she never jogged outdoors. Another is that she was top heavy in the chest and quite uncomfortable being a presence if you will as she would be bouncing along down the street. Also was wearing a heavy sweatshirt allegedly in 82 degree weather that day which one poster responded, so she took it off and jogged in her sports bra.

It is that kind of male oriented non-thinking, non-understanding of Chandra and her life, let's put another notch on our belt with this Guandique guy fixation instead of a fixation on solving Chandra's murder through her life, not manipulating her life in whatever manner a guy needs to put her where this inmate story works.

Not having her cell phone is very important. She used it all day prior day calling checking for messages from Condit. She spent the entire morning doing internet searches on Condit including using paid govenment oriented sites such as Lexis-Nexis. Then she logged off at 1 pm and was wearing her 14k bracelet but didn't have her cell phone.

That can only mean she was with Condit, not jogging, which the police will also say is the reason she had no id. However, in addition to never jogging, Chandra had told her parents just a short time before that that her boyfriend in the government forbid her to carry id when they were together so that she could not be identified if something happened. It was all couched in some vague national security spiel.

Normally this would be considered wild-eyed conspiracy stuff but her parents told Dateline this. They didn't know what to make of it, as I'm sure no parent would. They just kept pleading with her to break it off because of that and the secrecy, but Chandra wouldn't. She vowed to have a confrontation with Condit about his wife, and his wife flew into DC for the first time in memory and Chandra disappeared.

So I feel there is something political in this and the timing of finally after all these years the DC police suddenly bring charges with the changes made in the new administration that affect DC, everything from US Attorneys to oversight of the city.

I don't know what changed, but I know that they are really spreading this inmates stories around the press in a full court press to convict Guandique as a self described, bragging monster, and when I look at the corruption in DC I don't have any more faith in what the press are being told about Guandique than in the inmate who made up the stories to get out of jail.

I have no sympathy for Guandique, but I have no interest in letting Chandra's murderer get away without investigating the people who should be investigated as in every other disappeared woman case we've seen over and over, and that's the silent ex, who by the way always blames some guy in a park somewhere where his wife went and never came back.

We've heard that story too. We know what made up stories sound like.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a CNN report:
Another witness reported seeing Guandique with "a fat lip and scratches on his face" about the time of Levy's disappearance, the affidavit said. The witness added that Guandique said he was injured by his girlfriend during an argument.

Left out of that story, as DC police attempt to rewrite history, is that the witness was Guandique's landlady, but that at the same grand jury hearing Guandique's girlfriend testified that she never saw the cut face and lips of Guandique that the landlady testified to.

I would also point out that the landlady was harboring illegals and is vulnerable, and would tell the grand jury anything she thought would keep the DC police off her back.

And lastly, in my book, I point out that these cuts on Gaundique's face were so memorable that she testified a year later that it was around the time that Guandique was arrested six days after Chandra disappeared, for breaking into a neighbor's apartment and stealing a ring and being scared away when she entered. (Note all the DC police alleged gang bravado disappeared six days later.)

And so, I point out, if it's so memorable then it will be in Guandique's May 7 mug shot from his arrest.

That mug shot has never been produced with a date identifying it, and no mug shot with scratches on his face ever produced.

You will never see one iota of truth from any of these people that the DC police have rounded up, all low life, to testify to what the police are telling the press they said.

You just have the police squeezing one group of low life against another low life, and truth is just another casualty like Chandra.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

via anonymous email:

Sometimes you have to wonder about the timing of things. In today's Post, there is an editorial "Preventing Wrongful Convictions - D.C. takes a proactive stand to guard against sending innocent people to prison." Opening sentence: In the aftermath of the exoneration of a D.C. man who was incarcerated for 28 years for a murder and rape he didn't commit... I'll let you find the whole article.

This latest conviction controversy is the frosting on the cake for the mistakes that have been made in Chandra's case. The amount of time that these hearings are being held is lasting longer than the trial. I have been thinking about the number of mistakes made vs. the number of "coincidences" we are supposed to believe starting with Chandra's disappearance days before she was to move back to California. I know the coincidences far outnumber the mistakes, but how many does it take to know that this murder was not a random act of violence.

Looking forward to the transcripts in whatever form.

Lastly, thought about the big press conference held after Guandique's conviction. The police chief, cold case detectives and others were talking about how this case was solved. Seems like another instance of "Mission Accomplished" gone wrong.

Happy President's Day. Thanks for listening.

Washington Post article link
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/preventing-wrongful-convictions/2013/02/17/46a83b0e-76f4-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_story.html
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of news today on redacted information released by judge in Guandique's case. Here's a link to Micheal Doyle's reporting in Miami Herald:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/19/3242839/levy-prosecutors-sat-on-key-information.html

I also saved the actual redacted document downloaded from WUSA9's reporting:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/244241/158/Press-Denied-Full-Disclosure-Of-Guandique-Documents

The vile DC prosecutors who have filled me with such disgust in this case (and lord knows who else they screw over, they are Darth Vader evil, this is just one case I followed) sat on information that was provided by California prosecutors - hence they couldn't make it disappear like someone made Chandra disappear - information that exposes the lying that convicted Guandique.

They were all liars, excepting the assaulted joggers who had already testified years ealier and Guandique had already served his ten year Federal prison term for the assaults, but nevertheless was the primary testimony against Guandique in Chandra's murder. But other than the assaulted joggers, the prosecutors and everyone they brought to the stand were all liars, so take your pick, but the only testimony that meant much was the made up story of the "cellmate confession", something I've been writing about for at least ten years if not longer.

When in doubt, prosecutors will make up testimony from "cellmate confessions". I wrote it back in the day and sure enough these dingbats did it.

Here's a quote from Chapter Guandique I wrote in 2004:

They would question Guandique again with a report of one of those infamous "cellmate confessions" that prosecutors trot out when all else is in doubt. Anybody that has ever been in jail knows that instead everyone there claims to be innocent, no one is ever guilty. You would think we live in a crime free society listening to them.

Now they sit and try to make information that exposes them disappear. Only the shit has hit the fan with these jokers. California prosecutors weren't paid off enough or something and had some actual integrity and has forced these despicable DC prosecutors into a bind. They're probably trying to figure out how to get the Washington Post to brainwash the locals again on this latest snarl in their plans.

Quote from one of them:

But a few weeks later, a newly public account of a Jan. 4 hearing revealed that Justice Department attorney Alessio Evangelista countered: “We were trying to carefully and thoughtfully decide what needed to be done with this information. It did take, you know, several months.”

So the Feds are hiding this information from the public. They have lied and hid information throughout this kangaroo court conviction. We have only the Public Defenders Office between the Feds and runaway trampling of the truth.

They're probably trying to figure out how to get rid of the Public Defenders Office. Watch for it to disappear in sequestering.

More to come as I look over what little of the document wasn't blacked out by the Feds.

They're not for the people, that's the only thing I'm sure of.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Johnson of USA Today reporting tonight:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/19/chandra-levy-murder-judge-lie/1931531/

Mentions 200 pages of transcripts of heated exchanges between prosecutors and defense lawyers in those closed hearings. The document I downloaded from WUSA9 is only a 12 page Motion to Seal Status Hearing which is labelled Under Seal but was released heavily redacted. Not sure if the 200 pages will be made available nto public, even heavily blacked out.

Defense is saying case was predicated on a lie (hell, we knew that all along but apparently can be proven now) and judge has barred defense from even discussing with Guandique, much less the public.

I have to think even these DC fools won't be able to avoid a retrial, but they are trying by keeping everything secret.

Playing rope a dope, buying time, maybe something bad happens again and everyone forgets about this.

Worked for Condit when 9/11 came along.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I like this from Susan Levy. Reported by News10 ABC:

http://www.news10.net/news/article/231164/2/New-trial-in-Chandra-Levy-case

The mother of Chandra didn't seem upset the case could be re-opened because she was not 100 percent convinced Guandeque was the killer.

"My husband is convinced the court system has the right person. I'm 85 (percent) convinced. There's a little part of me wondering about the real truth," said Levy.

end quote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: