www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lauren Spierer - Missing- IN, June 3, 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Determined not to be Lauren, nor a recently missing grandmother in that area. Another missing person, yet more questions.

And we still wait and hope.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: update Searching Reply with quote

The search for student Lauren has not produced any results. She has been missing for about 2 months. Let us hope today will bring us some evidence. No suspects have been named to date. The search will take about 2 weeks.

Goz

Fair Use
Police to Continue Landfill Search for Evidence in Lauren Spierer Case
August 21, 2011
Fox News

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/21/police-to-continue-landfill-search-for-evidence-in-lauren-spierer-case/#ixzz1VjqcxSXa

snip

Police completed the first week of searching an Indiana landfill Friday for evidence in the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, and will resume their search on Monday.

The Sycamore Ridge Landfill is some 55 miles from where Spierer was last seen when she disappeared two months ago, Fox 59 reports.

Snip

click link for story
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/21/police-to-continue-landfill-search-for-evidence-in-lauren-spierer-case/#ixzz1VjpGqus5
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Lauren's Mom Reply with quote

The mother of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer pledges to never give up searching for answers.

Fair Use
Missing girl's mother: 'You have no idea who you have taken from us'By the CNN Wire Staff
September 4, 2011 10:42 a.m. EDT

From Letter - Lauren's Mother to person who took her:

See link

Snip

"If you think for a minute her father and I are going to disappear, think again," Charlene Spierer writes in the letter, written on the three-month anniversary of Lauren Spierer's disappearance and released Saturday on the family's "Find Lauren" web site.

Snip

click link for story/letter
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/04/indiana.missing.girl/index.html?npt=NP1
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Lauren is still missing but LE may have a suspect that may be the person who has taken her a year ago. Gibson has murdered several woman and may have murdered Lauren.
We will be following this breaking story.

Goz

Fair Use

Police probe possible connection between murder suspect, missing college student Lauren Spierer
Published May 03, 2012
FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/03/police-probe-possible-connection-between-murder-suspect-missing-college-student/#ixzz1tqKLnJah

Snip

Indiana police are investigating a possible connection between a man accused of murdering several women and a missing college student.

The Bloomington Police Department said in a press release Thursday that a detective has been assigned to investigate whether murder suspect William Clyde Gibson is linked to Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, who disappeared almost a year ago.

Gibson, 54, was charged last week with murder in the deaths of a 75-year-old family friend found dead April 19 in Gibson's New Albany, Ind., home, and the 2002 death of a Florida hairdresser whose body was found near the Ohio River.
Snip

Link
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/03/police-probe-possible-connection-between-murder-suspect-missing-college-student/
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Skull found, may be Lauren Reply with quote

skull found 50 miles from where Lauren went missing.

LE is looking at skull. Will take 2 months to determine.

Will post link, wanted to update.

goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

She has not been found.. That is the news to date.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Update, A plea from Lauren's Parents Reply with quote

Sadly, Lauren's Parents feel frustrated by her friends lack of response.
They have made a tv plea. They feel somebody knows something and they have not come forward.
I hope this helps them move toward same answers.. I doubt it will help though.

Goz

Fair Use
Parents of missing Ind. college student make plea on TV
USA Today
December 3, 2012
Jorge Fitz-Gibbon, The (Westchester, N.Y.) Journal News

Snip

The parents of Lauren Spierer, the Indiana University student who disappeared in June 2011, said Monday that the family felt "stonewalled" by the lack of help from Lauren's friends.

"I'm frustrated and I'm angry at this point," said Robert Spierer, Lauren's father, on Katie Couric's syndicated talk show. "We've been stonewalled to some extent by the last people to see Lauren. Despite their claims of doing whatever they could do, the fact of the matter is that they refused to meet with us except for one of the boys. They refused to take a police polygraph, which we feel is important for a number of reasons, one of which is to help narrow down the field of people who really know what happened to her that night."

Snip

Snip

Lauren Spierer was last seen at 4:30 a.m. walking toward her off-campus apartment in Bloomington, Ind., after a night of heavy drinking with friends. The 4-foot-11, 95-pound co-ed has not been seen since.

The family created a Facebook page and hired private detectives to search for clues, and have made numerous public pleas for anyone with information to come forward.

"I don't think we discovered the right information because we don't still have Lauren,"

Snip

Link
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/03/missing-student-lauren-spierer/1744359/
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Laura Reply with quote

Hi Goz; Guess the body recovered is not that of Laura, and I don't think she has been identified, also a skull in the area was recently found, not identified yet. What is with that, you look for one body and two others turn up!!!!

Anyway just wanted to comment here, that I've been researching for days on Israel Keyes, because he fits the profile and possibility of passing the way Maura Murray went missing on route to his families homes in Symra, ME. and Houlton, ME, from property he has/had in Constable, New York.

Unfortunately for the victims families, and other missing persons Keyes only gave police tid-bits of information before he took his life in prison.

Reading through the FBI profile of Keyes, his itinerary is listed from 2004 onwards, and he took a plane from Alaska to midwest ( likely Chicago) on June 2, 2011, and Laura went missing June 3, 2011.

However, reading the newsclippings re: Laura, it is difficult to understand that several of her male friends that she was with this night have closed ranks and are not cooperating, which seems very very odd. "Life is stranger than fiction"!

p.s. it is alleged that Keyes had ties to Indiana, also Bloomington, is not a very far drive from Chicago..the FBI is likely already looking into to this possible connection
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those facts Peripeteia.. I'm sorry it took so long to
get back to you. Very interesting.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Please post more, i love to read what you write.

xoxo
goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: