www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Who Killed Chandra Levy'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: 'Who Killed Chandra Levy'? Reply with quote

To air on TLC, EDT 9 p.m.?

Should be interesting!

Kate
rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when, Friday evening? I missed it then. I'm sure it will be repeated a few times. Maybe someone can recommend whether seeing it is a good idea? :)

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it's on tonight at 9 on TLC. Well that makes sense, it is May 1.

I'm going to tune in and see how close it comes to the truth.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post quick impressions during commercials.

Mistakes and misleading oversights:

They show Chandra walking into the Newport apartment after she leaves for DC. Left out is the important info she initially moved into an apartment in Arlington and then moved to the Newport within walking distance of Condit's apartment shortly before a seemingly random visit to Condit's office where Jennifer Baker had been ecouraged by Chandra to ask for an internship during the visit. Condit instructed his staff to give Jennifer the internship on the spot and then Chandra stayed behind with him.

This show shows Chandra and Jennifer leaving the office together, with the "staying behind" Chandra staying in Condit's office while Jennifer is filling out paperwork outside Condit's office. Here it is shown Condit giving her his private number at that time.

Unless Jennifer confirms that this is what she meant by "staying behind", I believe they have significantly mislead people about that visit if Jennifer actually left with Chandra still there with Condit. At least that's what Jennifer's description of it was, and it is significantly different in being aware of the possibility (and certainty in my mind) that Chandra already knew Condit from California (he was the married doctor she told friends about), that Condit arranged that paid internship at the BOP, Condit had her move into the Newport apartment owned by staffers of another California congressman, and Condit had Jennifer as an unpaid intern as a cover for Chandra to be around.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good casting, except the Condit actor doesn't look nearly as slick as Condit. The actress playing Chandra I think is exceptionally well done.

While we're on the subject of well done, the affair with Condit, phone call from her mom asking her if she was having an affair with Condit, warning her of an affair with OC Thomas' 18 year old daughter that didn't end well, Chandra's anger at her mom for intruding, a 'big news' call to her aunt, and a portrayal of Chandra asking Condit what Condit Country voters would think if they knew of their affair after Condit told her his wife was coming in for the weekend.

All done much better than I would have expected. This is a quality production, no doubt.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back to mistakes:

initial search of Chandra's apartment doesn't show pony tailed detective Durant. Shows male and female police officers, not detectives.

Shows a view out of Chandra's window of the Capitol dome, no lie.

Shows Chandra's computer out in the middle of the room on a table like desk. Chandra really operated out of a nook in a closet which clearly is not very photographic.

Showed Condit getting a phone call from Chandra while he's with people. This has so many errors I don't know where to begin. Condit didn't carry a phone. His private line was to voice mail. He called back at a time of his own choosing. Nothing like was portrayed could ever have happened.

Also no mention of Chandra telling her mom that Condit explained everything.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condit's first interview with police. No mention of his description of Chandra as an obsessed person who he had to refuse to take phone calls from. They also have him telling police she spent the night in the first interview. This is so wrong it's criminal.

This is from the influence of that person Sari Horwitz whom I despise. She also describes Chandra's computer activity as soley on Rock Creek Park rather than searching Condit, and describes it as a trail map. This again is completely wrong and misleading, as Horwitz has consistently been as she exercises her agenda in skewing this away from Condit and to Guandique.

I can only say it was with pleasure that I learned of the plaigerism charges against her by the Washington Post concerning another case. Couldn't have happened to a more well deserved person.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The skull find by a man carrying a bag over his shoulder and a dog sniffing at the skull was brief and done well. Said it was 79 yards from Western Ridge Trail. This is technically not true and significant.

It was 79 yards down from the No Horses path which was several yards in from Western Ridge horse trail. I would estimate at least 50 yards in the No Horses path from Western Ridge trail, then down 79 yards. It is a significant distance from the Western Ridge horse trail with an almost impassable gully in between.

As I write here the show jumped from 2002 through 2004 to 2007 in a flash, and now it becomes a love affair with Horwitz and her lies. I turned it off.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The overlaid commentary from Sven Jones, Jennifer Baker, and Linda Katz was very well done. Good footage of Anne Marie Smith. Didn't describe her as another mistress very well, almost a she claimed to be a mistress thing. Nothing about about a midnight phone call from a phone booth in Luray, Va.

I have to think about this. While this was a really good attempt to show the story behind Chandra's disappearance, I am distressed at how little can be covered in two hours. There is no way the emotion involved can be portrayed.

Not to mention absolutely zero awareness pf the audience of where Chandra's remains were found.

Now that I think about it, this is like the Guandique trail and we are the jurors.

Clueless, without any understanding of Chandra and her life.

Nothing of value can come of that.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While throwing away the watch box in a park trash can was covered pretty well, they let Horwitz spin it as Condit trying to keep people from finding out about past affairs. While it's certainly true he wouldn't want people to find out about them, the bigger question went unasked.

Why did Condit have an empty watch box from five years earlier to throw away? Surely the very expensive TAGHeur watch that came in it was still in it until recently. Why else keep an empty box for five tears, he claimed in his Congressional office drawers if you can believe that.

Where was the watch, and if indeed he had it until recently, around Chandra's disappearance, what did it have to do with her disappearance?

Those are the questions that should be asked, not Horwitz's spin for Condit.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
While throwing away the watch box in a park trash can was covered pretty well, they let Horwitz spin it as Condit trying to keep people from finding out about past affairs. While it's certainly true he wouldn't want people to find out about them, the bigger question went unasked.

Why did Condit have an empty watch box from five years earlier to throw away? Surely the very expensive TAGHeur watch that came in it was still in it until recently. Why else keep an empty box for five tears, he claimed in his Congressional office drawers if you can believe that.

Where was the watch, and if indeed he had it until recently, around Chandra's disappearance, what did it have to do with her disappearance?

Those are the questions that should be asked, not Horwitz's spin for Condit.

rd

Thanks rd, sorry, I forgot to mention the day of the week the programme
was to air, well you got to see it, that was the point. As it turned about, I did not, so thanks for the summary, great.

The watch box I thought was odd, but there had to be a good reason, one might be to hide the fact that he had had another girlfriend, but I am assuming, that the watch could be traced, in other wards, could be traced back to him, re: warranty. Doesn't make sense, that if you have a watch box about that this would lead anyone to investigate who gave Condit the gift. Doesn't make any sense. However, if you lost the watch in the vacinity of Rock Creek Park, you might not want anyone to know you had the watch. But then again if it was found, it would have the serial numbers inside, engraved. Unless these had been previously erased.

There had to be a very good reason to get ride of the box, perhaps Chandra had borrowed his watch, and it was on her person at the time of the disappreance. Perhaps this makes more sense, because do you remember
that there is a photo of Condit with a watch on, and a curious gold ring on his pinky, which I blew up, and which contains gems, perhaps diamonds, and also, he clearly has on a very nice watch. In a later photo of condit, he is absent the ring and the watch, the place where the watch had been was a tan line, where the watch had once been.

This is the way I see it, wonder where the watch went...

Wonder where the ring is?

The ring has never showed.....

thanks again for the synopsis, take care, Kate
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kate, I don't believe I've ever heard the serial number would be engraved on the watch. I'd be interested to know if that's the case because as with the warranty card it could be traced to the purchaser. But I've never heard that suggested before.

Throwing away the box with warranty card is somewhat straightforward. It was not thrown away with the idea it would be found in the trash, linked to him, and linked to the purchaser. It was thrown away as in no one would ever see it and no one would ever see it in Condit's office or home. I understand throwing it away, that would have worked.

But speaking of Condit's office, I am positive that Condit and Dayton drove down and retrieved it from Dayton's house and then threw it away on the way from Dayton's house to his condo to meet the police to search his apartment.

But all that still leaves the question. Where was the watch? What did the missing watch have to do with the missing Chandra?

I do not buy the didn't want a link to a past girlfriend thing. For one, she was his chief aide. Having a watch given to you by your Congressional chief aide from six years earlier is not suspicious. Having an empty box for it and a missing watch and a missing mistress is.

Again, these are the questions we raise in Murder on a Horse Trail that none of these true crime people and alleged reporters like Horwitz would ever touch.

They are the real questions that need answered before anyone will know who killed Chandra.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not this is the first cable I've ever seen of Chandra. I didn't have cable back on 2001 and then when all the Chandra stuff was on I didn't get cable, I preferred reading transcripts.

I've had cable last few years here in Florida but I don't watch true crime. Finally for this I decided to watch. I knew they had put some effort in this two hour docudrama.

But reminds me of back in 2001 when they'd have things on cable about Chandra and I enjoyed the various summaries and discussions of all the news.

And that's really what kept me away from it, was all the inaccuracies and superficial coverage. I just didn't want that stuff messing up my thoughts on what they weren't talking about, the important events. It was a given Condit and Chandra had an affair yet the tranparent arguments over whether he should admit it or not consumed months of cable programming. It is frustrating indeed, as in the Guandique trial. Sometimes all I can do is rant to get it off my chest. :)

However the docudrama did leave me despondent that the story could ever be told. It was two hours and touched on some key events but in no way showed what went on in Chandra's last days nor the scope of where someone who never jogged was supposed to have jogged. In fact in this show they showed her walking out the door wearing a pair of pants! And then showed the dog walker coming across the skull. No idea whatsoever what Chandra was supposed to have done to get to where her remains were found, and nothing of the feel of that location high up on that hill whatsoever.

If I had two hours, how could I tell it better giving the audience a realism of what actually took place? As I wrote at the start of Murder on a Horse Trail, this is one of the most complex murder mysteries ever told, and I don't know how it can be told well enough in two hours to give people an appreciation of the truth of Chandra's disappearance.

And that does leave me despondent that any appreciation of the truth of Chandra's disappearance will ever be known.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: