www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique to be sentenced in murder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Guandique to be sentenced in murder Reply with quote

Yes, sentencing is still planned for today, and FLASH! - Guandique says he's innocent.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/keith-l-alexander/the-man-convicted-of-killing.html
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a one-page letter written to a Washington Post reporter and dated Jan. 22, Guandique said he was innocent. The letter, handwritten in Spanish, said the evidence presented by the government and authorities "was false."

"Everything about this case was a stupid, comedic farce that the detectives and prosecutors have engaged in," Guandique wrote. "I know there are people who believe in my innocence and to those people who believe in my innocence I say you are not mistaken, because I am innocent." Guandique said he was a scapegoat.

I know he's innocent. Why? Because Chandra never went on a jaunt through the streets and roads and horse trails of Washington, DC that not one sane woman would make.

For one thing she didn't jog.

For another, you'd have to be insane to be a young woman wearing a sports bra and tights running along DC streets to a path to nowhere halfway to Maryland with nothing but a Walkman on her, nothing. No cell phone, no id, no money, no defense that she preached to other women about, nothing.

This was a woman who had just graduated with a minor in Criminal Justice and was an applicant to the FBI and Bureau of Prisons. This was a woman who interned for the Modesto Police force and Federal Bureau of Prisons. This was a woman who was no stranger to crime. And she never jogged. Not anywhere, not on a path to nowhere in the middle of a forest on a horse trail up to the top of the highest hill in Washington DC.

A path not one person in a million has even seen, because if they had reproduced this journey and ended up on this path off a horse trail and told that Chandra did this and Guandique was waiting for a victim there, they would rudely laugh in the police and prosecutors faces.

Because, folks, they just lied to you. They can't even re-enact this journey, no one has. This is the most blatant case of a woman's body being hidden in a forest and accused of putting herself in her own hidden location in the history of men's murdering women and hiding their bodies.

The DC police and prosecutors don't care about the truth, don't care about who Chandra was or what she did, because if they knew anything about her they would know she was waiting for a call from Condit and almost assuredly was with him after she logged off her computer at 1 pm and Condit was walking out of a mysterious meeting he arranged the day before with VP Cheney, trying to make Cheney an alibi.

Indeed, he gave the police a timeline that indicated he was Cheney till 3:30 in the afternoon.

He was only there 20 minutes, until just before 1 pm.

Then he disappeared for five and a half hours, and so did Chandra. Chandra's body wasn't found for a year.

No, those are the facts, and DC police and prosecutors did whatever it took to kangaroo court an illegal and frame him to get a murder out of the halls of Congress.

Congress will amply reward DC with more funding, they've earned it.

This was a political crime against justice.

rd

Background and analysis:

Handwritten note re cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest

Robert Levy testifies against Guandique

Guandique trial

Guandique pretrial motions

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!

Guandique Murder Analysis

Prosecutor seeks life sentence for Guandique

Guandique's Defense

Guandique indicted by DC federal grand jury

Guandique to be charged with Chandra's Murder Feb.20/09

Washington Post investigation of Chandra Levy cold case

Murder on a Horse Trail Chapter 24. Guandique

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved this anonymous email I want to share:

I was really astonished at the 60 year sentence for Guandique. It is sad that Mrs. Levy lashed out, but I guess that is to be expected. I don't know how the Levys have endured all that went wrong because of incompetence or lack of focus since Chandra disappeared.

In thinking about this the other night, I realized that what bothers me the most is that I cannot understand Condit's behavior, lies and lack of emotion. I would REALLY like to believe that Guandique is guilty, but I can't because of all the unanswered questions and actions of Condit. It is beyond me how anyone can say that Condit was "cleared" with his nonanswers, lies, and taking the Fifth. How does that square???

I hope and pray that someday there will be a piece of evidence that surfaces which will point definitively to who commited this horrible crime.

And one last thing, your book DID make a difference!
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much. I'm glad it made a difference, obviously not enough, it didn't force an investigation into all the questions I posed in Murder on a Horse Trail.

They were dead set on pinning it on Guandique, starting with lying about his lie detector test all the way through playing games for years trying to entrap him.

And still he can stand there and tell them that this was a stupid, comedic farce the DC prosecutors and police engaged in.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

If there is any justice in the US, he will get a fair trial outside the confines of the DC political coverup.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, we had a rookie weigh in from the New York Daily News. Here's what Nina Mandell had to say:

But Condit's behavior was overshadowed by the bizarre behavior of Guandique, who hand-wrote a one-page letter to the Post in January in Spanish.

"Everything about this case was a stupid, comedic farce that the detectives and prosecutors have engaged in," he wrote, according to the newspaper.

Here's what I just wrote her:

Why do you consider Guandique's letter to the Washington Post to be bizarre behavior?

Describing the case as a stupid comedic farce is about the nicest way to describe it. I posted tonight on my site I couldn't have said it better, and I've said a lot on this case.

I see you reported he was convicted, but do you know anything about Chandra's case?

We used to have a knowledgeable reporter on the New York Daily News by the name of Helen Kennedy. If you bump into her, tell her I miss her good reporting on Chandra.

Ralph Daugherty
author, Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
www.justiceforchandra.com

I will add more here. I didn't want to burden the rookie with details.

hand-wrote a one-page letter to the Post in January in Spanish

If someone is in prison and speaks Spanish, what do you expect, a typed up letter in English???

Stupid reporters, this one with a name.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, Michael Doyle, the ever veteran excellent reporter, added this detail:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/11/2648349/chandra-levys-killer-gets-60-year.html

Morales, currently scheduled to be released in 2016, is not currently in federal Bureau of Prisons custody, according to the agency's inmate locator. During the Levy trial, he was said to be "in transit."

DC prosecutors said he wasn't getting a deal for his testimony, I have a statement in one article that said he would serve his full sentence to 2016 according to prosecutors, but he is no longer in the BOP's inmate locator.

Let me assure you of something. Our glorious Federal government will make sure that making up testimony for them will pay off. Big time.

The DC prosecutors and police involved in this actually make Guandique look good compared to them. And I've always said I didn't care if we dropped Guandique back into El Salvador sans parachute.

That takes some doing to be more worthless than an illegal immigrant woman assaulter, but there you have it. Proved beyond reasonable doubt. Which is more than Guandique got.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: