www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What went on in Chandra's apartment
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: What went on in Chandra's apartment Reply with quote

We know from evidence about Chandra's laptop being on while unplugged yet the battery not depleted and from landlord notices being moved around there were people in and out of there after she went missing.

Let's throw in the cerebral hemorrhage note, too.

What do you make of it?
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the above, add the business card of Condit. Why Chandra would have one or rather keep one on the counter ?

The apartment was said to be sanitized- did the sanitation crew have other responsibilities?

ls
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever a constituent came to DC Condit gave them a bracelet or set of cufflinks, a business card, and some DNA?
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, Condit's business card being there looks more like he was being set up - remember when he said to Anne Marie Smith something to the effect, "You wouldn't believe what they're trying to do to me"?
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the things that makes this case so baffling - really, the only simple thing about it is that Guandique had nothing to do with it!
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skipper and everyone, does anyone have a timeline coming together?
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember the 6th being mentioned as a time police went to the apt - until the WTOP article we were discussing.
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I was just looking and that is the time Dr. Levy called and begged the police to check her apartment. They did, and told him she wasn't there - but did not mention her purse etc. was there, which should have been cause for concern.
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
Really, Condit's business card being there looks more like he was being set up - remember when he said to Anne Marie Smith something to the effect, "You wouldn't believe what they're trying to do to me"?

Could be a set up or could be someone made a huge mistake and left behind contents of their pocket?

If a set-up- then who do you imagine would be involved and why?

Condit made that comment from the payphone in Luray. You have to wonder if he was on some sort of errand? It was about midnight when he called from the payphone outside of the McDonalds in Luray.

He had a friend in or near Luray- that info has long since 'poofed' but I would imagine that someone has it on file.

In his state of mind, I doubt that he was in Luray to relax.

ls
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I have always thought others had something to lose, besides Condit. It is difficult to guess how others could be involved. Many powerful men (and women) have lots of secrets. To do with politics, scandals, perversions, murders.
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The call to Anne Marie from Luray was May 16 or 17.

http://tinyurl.com/2blseju

Agree that there a lot of people in DC with secrets. I was thinking about the energy issue in California and if that could have been an issue? Condit, IIRC was pushing for resolution and evidently others were not.

It all tied back to Enron somehow if I recall. Lots of Pols getting their pockets lined while the energy cost for the consumers in California went through the roof.

As an aside, do you recall anything about Condit making the statement that if he goes down (over Chandra case) then others will also? Was the source of that statement ever confirmed ? Sounds a bit Enquirer-ish.
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Levy

Excerpt:

The Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia were first alerted on May 6, when Levy's parents called from Modesto to report that they had not heard from their daughter in five days.[11]

Police visited Levy's apartment in Dupont Circle that same day and again over the next few days, finding no indication of foul play. On May 7, Levy's father told the police that his daughter had been having an affair with a Congressman, and on the next day told police he believed that Congressman to be Gary Condit. The same day, Levy's aunt called the police and told them that Chandra had confided in her about the affair. On May 10, police obtained a warrant and formally searched Levy's apartment

end excerpt

The police evidently made more than one visit to Chandra's apartment prior to the May 10 'formal' search.

ls
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember something along those lines - Condit saying he'd take others down with him. I'll try to find a reference later. I have wondered whether that's why he keeps rattling his book sabre. (Other than to tell his and Carolyn's wonderful love story, of course. lol. Well, I do think she has an unhealthy denial-based love for him.)
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the apartment search reference, Skipper. One thing about this trial, even though there isn't really good access for the media or the public, we are learning a few important nuggets. (I really hope Guandique won't be found guilty - it would be such a travesty.)
laskipper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about Guandique- if he is found guilty- being a travesty - a miscarriage of justice.

On the plus side, this trial has brought to light a lot of previously unknown facts as well as evidence that would make an appeal much easier to win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: