www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Jury has reached verdict - Guilty felony murder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very disappointed. I think the defense did well, but apparently that doesn't matter.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well, but they didn't press for the jury to walk through the alleged DC claims of what happened.

I laid that out as a first priorrity must from the beginning. We knew when they said defense would only take a day that that was trouble.

You can't count on no evidence to get an acquital. You have to earn it.

And they didn't. They went by normal lawyer thinking.

Normal lawyer thinking doesn't cut it when the US government is trying to crush you.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I spoke with Santha after Ingmar was indicted, she already mentioned that the defense was having trouble getting discovery from the prosecution. Could that have played a role in what happened?
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WUSA There was evidence defense tried to have admitted - I think during deliberation - that was not allowed - could be grounds for appeal.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

susan levy is talkikng now http://wusa9.com/video/livestream/9newsnow-chat.aspx
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Levy made some comments over the live stream from WUSA. I will jot down my impression.

She said her sentence is never-ending. She thanked the judge, prosecution and the defense.

She mentioned a saying of Chandra’s that we each make a difference. She said she sensed Chandra’s presence or spirit with her.

She certainly seemed relieved that the trial was over. She expressed a desire to spend the upcoming holiday season with her family and hoped the media would respect their desire for privacy. She said that sometime in the future she will probably want to express more of her thoughts.

A reporter asked what she was thinking when she looked at Guandique today, and she said she did not want to answer that question.

Although I sensed Susan Levy was relieved the trial was over, I did not have a strong feeling that she felt sure Guandique was the one who killed her daughter. She really said nothing to make that clear. (Nor did she say she thought he was not guilty, though.)

Afterwards the anchor and a lawyer discussed Susan Levy’s comments and agreed that they felt Susan Levy still was struggling with many unanswered questions.
caseinpt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very dissappointing. I can only imagine that the jury does not know the broad base of evidence and information that we have at our disposal. That is not the way our justice system works. They can only act on the information they have available.

I do think the defense team should have worked the 911 call the night before into the evidence. I mean talk about coincidences. The odds of getting a 911 call the night before someone goes missing and killed must be 10,000 to 1.

No I do have one question. Why would Guandilique show no emotion? That seems odd to me.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: 911! Reply with quote

I agree. The "911" call should have been introduced into evidence.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Jury Composition Reply with quote

By the way, were there any Hispanic people on the jury? It seemed more like a jury of Chandra's peers, not Guandique's.

It just seems they retried the jogger case. The jurors even said how much their testimony affected their opinions on guilt or innocence.
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow wrote:
When I spoke with Santha after Ingmar was indicted, she already mentioned that the defense was having trouble getting discovery from the prosecution. Could that have played a role in what happened?

IMO, yes. One of the primary reasons that the prosecution prevailed.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Input! Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Guandique is on meds that keep him stoic.

I agree - I too was surprised the defense, as far as we know from the media coverage, never brought up the 911 call.

I know the jury can only work with evidence presented in trial, but even knowing what the media has told us of the trial, I am very surprised they found Guandique guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I thought there was loads of doubt. More than enough evidence to point to acquital and not enough sound evidence to point to guilt (not even enough to go to trial in the first place IMO).
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really bummed.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so bummed that I am eating a big piece of vanilla, sugar-frosted cake!
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get me a fork, Rainbow!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Ha! Now, I'm on my second piece!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: