www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Jury has reached verdict - Guilty felony murder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Executive Privilege Reply with quote

Hi Skipper and friends!
I feel that Mr. C.'s grooming for possibly Secretary of Agriculture and then, may be even the Presidency, explains some of the willingness by law-enforcement to participate in the cover-up elements of this case.
Isn't the Secretary of Agriculture in the line of presidential succession, if something happens to the President, Vice-President, etc.? Does anyone remember that from Civics class?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're kidding, Rainbow - i never knew that! I know it's president, vice-president, then speaker, I thought. Maybe Secretary of State comes into it somewhere, since Alexander Haig thought he was in charge when Reagan got shot (I'm no spring chicken, as you can tell!) Haig was wrong, but maybe somewhere in the pecking order.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw in Yahoo answers that Secretary of State was eliminated because it is an appointed position.
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

Here you go. Secretary of Agriculture is in there.

Some very scary names. Janet Napolitano?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession
Vice President
Speaker
Presedent pro tempore of the Senate
Secretary of State (?)
Secretary of the Treasury
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General
Secretary of the interior
Secretary of Agriculture
and it keeps going
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Presidential Line of Succession Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you, Sigsky, and Jane! Go the head of the class!
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stgnews.com/archive/387
excerpt:
    ....In announcing today's verdict, U.S. Attorney Machen and Chief Lanier praised the efforts of the many people who worked on the investigation from MPD and other agencies. They especially noted the hard work of MPD Detectives Kenneth "Todd" Williams, Anthony Brigidini and Emilio Martinez.

They also expressed appreciation to members of the MPD Mobile Crime Lab, including John Allie, Charles Egan, Mike Miller, James Holder and John Holder; Joseph Kish, of the United States Park Service; Glenn Luppino, Chris Cunningham, John Bozak, Todd Ritacco, Craig Lane and Sgt. John Gott of the United States Park Police; Sue Fisher, from the U.S. Bureau of Prisons; Special Agent Jane Dombowski, of the FBI's Connecticut Field Office; forensic analysts and technicians from the FBI Laboratory at Quantico, and Dr. David Hunt from the Smithsonian Institution.

They also expressed gratitude to those who worked on the case from the U.S. Attorney's Office, including Kim Herd, Katina Adams and David Foster, of the Victim Witness Assistance Unit; Lawrence Grasso, of the Intelligence Unit; Assistant Acting Chief Elizabeth Trosman and Deputy Chiefs Mary McCord and John Mannarino, of the Appellate Division; Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Ambrosino, Special Counsel for DNA and Forensic Evidence Litigation; Leif Hickling, Kimberly Smith, Joe Calvarese and Thomas Royal, of Litigation Services, and Paralegals Candace Battle, Deborah Joyner and Kwasi Fields. Additionally, they thanked Assistant U.S. Attorneys Daniel Friedman and Kevin Flynn, former Assistant U.S. Attorney Elisa Poteat, and the Washington Field Office of the FBI, which participated in the early investigation of the case.

They further acknowledged the dedicated efforts of Yvonne Bryant, of the Victim Witness Assistance Unit, whose help was invaluable leading up to and during the trial.

Finally, they praised the work of Assistant U.S. Attorneys Amanda Haines, Fernando Campoamor-Sanchez, and Christopher Kavanaugh, who prosecuted the case.

jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tbd.com/articles/2010/11/chandra-levy-murder-trial-with-verdict-attorneys-show-how-to-win-a-case-even-when-there-s-not-much-o.html

I like the title of this article: "With verdict, attorneys show how to win a case, even when there's not much of one"

In fact, I like the whole article.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
I think that something nefarious happened during the jury deliberations.

OK - Guandique did attack two female joggers in Rock Creek Park and it was a terrifying experience for them. OK - Morales did a credible job witnessing against Guandique. Granted.

But can you imagine being in that deliberation room and NOT discussing, "What about the decomposed hair found in the tights?" "What about the shoes sitting there, untied, at the recovery site?" "Why didn't Guandique take any of the Walkman-type devices?" "Who moved the papers in Chandra's apartment?" "What is the significance of the cerebral hemorrhage note?" "Did someone go in and deliberately obliterate Chandra's hard drive between police visits to the apartment?"

I think there was a juror whom the others looked up to, who led them through the deliberations so that they never really explored the reasonable doubt. The jury was composed of people one would expect to consider such questions. Unless they were kept in line by an impressive leader. Such as, let me guess: A 51-year-old female government attorney, with law school.

If the other jurors considered her an expert, they could have trusted her to guide them through deliberations and may have been hesitant to persist if she pooh-poohed their questions.

I'm just saying...

I unfortunately can imagine it, but it shouldn't have happened.

This group clearly only cared about the DC prosecutors insinuations, which the jurors called evidence. They said the fact the evidence didn't exist was just a formality in so many words.

I don't care about Guandique, but I care that the DC people got away with this political coverup.

I am sure many people believe that Guandique was railroaded, and that Condit was involved. Not very many are buying it's just a coincidence.

This jury wasn't really challenged by the defense lawyers to explain the unexplainable to come to their easily determined position. It was easy because they didn't know anything. Just vague insinuations tossed from defense lawyers, what they believed to be evidence, really, not even caring if it was evidence, from the government.

Nefarious, or nitwits, either way they certainly didn't give a damn about Chandra's life and what was left in her apartment when Chandra was dumped and hidden in Rock Creek Park.

You'll never see that tired group with their prosecutors and the Levys try a walk through of what they just assumed in total ignorance what Chandra did.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They appreciated this group that spent the entire trial saying how screwed up they are, therefore pay no attention to the evidence we screwed up.

DC is a wasteland of idiots.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from AP:
The other was testimony from a prison inmate who said Guandique confided to him that he killed Levy.

Actually DC prosecutors had three or four cellmate confession inmates dating back to 2001. They just stopped after the first one was a convincing liar.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, two other witnesses testified that they saw scratches on Guandique's face and body at about the time that Ms. Levy disappeared.

Even though the pciture taken of Guandique in Rock Creek park by his girlfriend showed no scratches.

Even though his girlfriend testified she saw no scratches on his face while his landlady remembered the freakin day as May 1 when he was cut up and swollen lip.

Even though the DC police refused to make available the mug shot six days later they took that showed Guandique with no facial scratches.

I would call this a kangaroo court and be done with it, although the judge was fair. Still, you might as well be standing in Tianamen Square for all the good it would do you.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got to love these DC prosecutors. Turns out they win the prison creative writing contest.

They refer to Chandra as bound and gagged, and that she suffered for days before dying, but wouldn't you know the gag was leaves and mud. Why? Because no gag was found. Creative, that's our prosecutors. God I love them.

Anyone care to consider the perfect balance needed to fill a person's mouth with leaves and mud so that they can't yell for help even after hours of trying to spit it out, yet not so much as to choke them.

That Guandique was such a clever murderer, standing in the middle of nowhere when just by chance a woman who never jogged was on some kind of cross country journey on a dirt path to nowhere, no one even has a clue how she got there.

Then he subdues her, Chandra, who had self defense training and was superbly conditioned working out with weights daily, and while he subdues her he takes her clothes off and ties her up with them with intricate bondage techniques that say, oh, someone experienced in bondage might know, say someone who actually drove there instead of this insane stuff of Guandique and Chandra mosying for miles into nowhere.

Then after this stellar bondage performance he stuffs Chandra's mouth with"leaves and mud" according to creative writer extraodinaire Haines, I guess he is stellar enough to figure out how to bind her arms and legs with her tights but can't figure out how to bind a gag around her mouth.

Just amazing stuff, and then he runs off with an empty waist pouch, Chandra having nothing with her, therefore for some reason wearing an empty waist pouch, to ensure he is convicted of felony robbery murder someday.

Then doesn't pawn her ring he took off her finger, but breaks into a neighbor's apartment six days later to steal another ring.

Only of course he flees this woman in her apartment instead of going into his houdini bondage routine.

And the ditzy jurors thought this was easy to understand.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

post deleted
laskipper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Sigsky and to all the posters here on JFC!

And you are right in saying that we still have a lot to be thankful for!

"God's in His Heaven, All's Right With the World"

Robert Browning
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: