www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laurie Bembenek dies/ pardon still being sought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Laurie Bembenek dies/ pardon still being sought Reply with quote

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/event/article/id/30630/group/News/

I never felt Laurie Bembenek killed anyone but she was framed by her ex-husband. Her life has been very difficult and in prison she caught Hep. C. She is dying now and in a hospice.. She has tried for years to clear her name. She is trying to be pardoned before death. I hope this happens.
I was looking for the news but could not find it but will post when it is available.

May she go peacefully. And, I sure hope she gets a pardon. Have mercy on her.

Goz

Click Link Above for story.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hearing has been set yet.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/108706739.html?page=1
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi goz - yes, I think Laurie got a raw deal, too. Sorry to hear she is not well. I do hope she gets a pardon. Her ex must have a lot of clout, don't you think?
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on AOL that she died today at 52. How very sad to have lost her whole life over something I believe, and many believe, she did not do.

May she now Rest in Peace.

Will get a link tonight.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane says...

Quote:
Her ex must have a lot of clout, don't you think?

Hey Jane,

I think I read back then the Milwaukee Police Dept. couldn't stand her because she turned cops in for being rogue cops and her hubby was part of the gang. I think he did have much clout too. I can't believe what they did to her. I'm sure I read the book too. I watched a few movies too.
It just breaks my heart she had to live such a horrible life.

I do hope they give her a pardon even if it is too late just so she is cleared for her family's sake.

Goz
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi goz - I know her father died, I think just after she got the 'no contest' status. It seems to me her mother has also died and she really doesn't have much family if any - I don't think she ever remarried or had children, although when she was a stepmother to her ex's children I think they had a good relationship (may well have been poisoned against her by the ex after the murder.) I'm not 100% sure about all this, other than her father's death.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: link Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/21/laurie-bambi-bembenek-dead_n_786622.html

Link on story
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snip

"Woehrer said Sunday that Bembenek's family would continue to seek a pardon from Doyle."

Hey Jane:

I thought I heard she had a bf and some family left. On the link I pasted, this line is the last one stating the family will continue to seek the pardon from the Doyle. I am not a big fan of Doyle's..Just a sidenote.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: More on Laurie- from wikipedia Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Bembenek
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi goz - thanks for the link. I remember now that Laurie came to believe her ex planned the whole thing (having his then-ex-wife killed and Laurie set up to take the blame) before he even married Laurie - maybe before he even met her and asked her out. What a nightmare.

Laurie either falling or being pushed out of a window and having subsequent health problems reminds of the horror story of a girlfriend and nanny to Prince Charles and his sons, reapectively. Funny - Laurie's nickname was Bambi and Charles ex-girlfriend's nickname was Kanga (cute animal nicknames).

link re Kanga http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1076026/The-lonely-death-Charless-mistress.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the story of Kanga. I have never heard it before.

Why I feel sorry for her I do not know. She chose to cheat on her husband and be Charle's mistress. (BTW- what did/do women see in this dork Charles? MO) The story is interesting and their is a touch of poor Laurie in it.

I should probably buy a paper today if it's not too cold out. The weather has changed all of a sudden and it's hard to get use to it when it doesn't happen gradually but overnight.

I still really wish they would have gotten Laurie B's husband all these years and she would have been pardoned. It was so obvious she did not do this.

Goz
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi goz - I know - Kanga brought the mess upon herself (when she had her own husband and children who should have been enough to keep her occupied!) Whereas Laurie's case was quite different. The similarity is mainly in the fall from a window and in both cases a beautiful, desirable woman being used up, physically ruined and discarded like a piece of garbage.

I hope Laurie will be exonerated, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: