www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique trial goes to jury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Shirley - I mean sigsky - I do think they will make a decision tomorrow. I doubt whether they want to carry it over to Thanksgiving week unless they are really divided.

It makes me nervous they're taking so long - makes me think they can't decide between first and second degree, rather than guilty or innocent. Still, it's hard to believe they'd have been convinced of Guandique's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I wonder whether it would be better for Guandique if they had the blasted Morales letter?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Evidence for Acquittal Reply with quote

. . . or the Frank Sinatra tape that a cold-case researcher said was found outside of the cassette recorder, the clothing Chandra was wearing when she was murdered, a photograph of her tatoo, the Anne-Marie Smith video tapes she made when she visited the FBI, the photo of a red car taken outside of the area surrounding the Saigonnais Restaurant in Adams-Morgan across the street and down the way a little from a cassette/cd store, Guandique's first arrest report, and so on and so forth.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be eye opening to the jury, to be sure, Rainbow.

This is my take on the deliberations. I think that they know they wouldn't be giving due diligence if they went in and said, I wasn't convinced, let's vote, or that guy has to be guilty, let's vote.

They are going to rehash the evidence, and there's not so much evidence, but conflicting theories proposed by the prosecution and defense. That will take some time to discuss and hash out.

I expect they will try to come to a decision Friday afternoon. But you couldn't really do a good job reviewing the testimony and discussing to an agreement in less than three days, in my opinion.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Late Evidence Reply with quote

Especially, since the jury is receiving evidence via the "drip" method.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and actually force feeding themselves.

They're doing a great job.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Feeding Tube Reply with quote

That is hilarious, Rd!
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Michael Doyle puts this:

http://www.modbee.com/2010/11/19/1436290/jurors-continue-deliberations.html

In all likelihood, the prosecution's case will rise or fall on the jurors' assessment of a man who explained on the witness stand exactly how to make a prison shank.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Plausible Deniability Reply with quote

For some reason, though, the prosecution chose to believe a gang-banging, shank-making, prison snitch over homicide detectives and private detectives.

I, personally, don't think as poorly of the D.C. M.P.D. (except for their deplorable behavior at the temporary grave recovery site), as they are often represented in the media. I think that the various law enforcement groups use each other for "plausible deniability", especially if something or someone needs to be covered up.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wusa9.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=120954&catid=158
excerpt:
    The jury in the Chandra Levy murder trial has asked the judge the question.

The written note asked for the legal definition of assault in regards to the charge of murder in the commission of a kidnapping....

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

What do you think their asking this question says about what the jury is thinking?
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it certainly doesn't seem they're leaning toward not guilty, but I don't really know...

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=13538343
excerpt:
    ....The definition of assault is relevant because under 1 of the murder counts jurors must find that Levy was assaulted to obtain a first-degree murder conviction.

Judge Gerald Fisher told the jury Friday that any physical injury, no matter how small, could be considered an assault.

jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Levy-Jury-Asks-for-Legal-Definition-of-Assault-109277174.html
excerpt:
    ....The judge also gave the jury a legal definition of "kidnapping" Friday, Collins reported....

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary. . .
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Rainbow - I don't feel good about this.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Freedom and Justice for All! Reply with quote

. . . I lived in another country for many years. I always think of myself as representing the values of the U.S.A., as best as I can (especially to people from other countries), even though I am as human as the next person. I will admit here, though, that I wore a Statue-of-Liberty mask on German reunifcation day and walked from West Berlin to East Berlin, greeting East Berliners, etc..

But, if this jury finds Guandique guilty, I would seriously consider moving to another country. May be I should choose El Salvador this time!

Whatever has been going on with this case for almost a decade now is way beyond reprehensible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: