www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique trial goes to jury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it was pretty weird of Garagos to say what he did (whether or not he knew anything.)

Yes, I too was surprised at Palmer's calmness - I suppose it could just be his personality.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Signs of the Times Reply with quote

Hi Jane!
I believe that in the field of forensic science that a "prediction" of when and/or where a victim's remains are found is considered to be a sign of staging.

I also feel that Mr. Palmer's voice was way too calm.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Doyles' take on best & worst of trial: http://blogs.mcclatchydc.com/law/2010/11/chandra-levy-murder-trial-1117-the-best-and-the-worst-of-it.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: So-called Literary Opinions Reply with quote

Some good analyses here, but some not so good. The prosecution's pitting and Mr. Doyle's support of, the opinion of someone like Morales against someone like Detective Lawrence Kennedy, homicide detective, D.C. M.P.D., crosses all boundaries of sanity and confirms why this prosecution's tale is such a terribly written piece of fiction.

My only hope is that the jury will be able to realize the strangeness in this fiction over truth. I know that a lot of the members of the jury have college degrees and will have completed English Composition 101. If they haven't, we are in for a big let down.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jury is educated, but even with little formal education I think they could see through the thinness of the prosecution's case.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/jury-in-levy-death-trial-leave.html
excerpt:
    ....The jury ... concluded its first day of deliberations shortly before 5 p.m. Wednesday....

....to resume deliberations at about 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday....

....the jurors sent a note to the judge to request a photo of Ingmar Guandique that had been admitted as evidence but had not yet been provided to the jury.

jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the photo from Guandique's May 7 2001 arrest... Boy, I would love to see it, too! To see whether any remnants of the alleged scratches and fat lip from May 1 are evident...
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Henri smoking? Deliberations will continue on Tuesday? 9 men and three women on the jury? There were only 4 males among the 16 chosen from the pool. Who is the defendant in this trial that Henri is reporting?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe it's a photo that shows the tattoo on his chest?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sigsky - you're correct about 4 men total in the jury pool. Not sure about why Cauvin says Tuesday - can't remember whether anything was said about that previously.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/crime-and-public-safety/chandra-levy-jury-heads-home-f.html
"The jury .... will reconvene and continue deliberations Thursday morning."
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pe.com/ap_news/California/US_Chandra_Levy_539029C.shtml
excerpt:
    Jurors finished their first day of deliberations in the Chandra Levy murder trial without reaching a verdict.

Lawyers, meanwhile, spent much of Wednesday debating what evidence they can see....

Let me guess - it's the prosecution that wants to withhold evidence from the jury...
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Missing Arrest Report Reply with quote

Interesting, as regards the photo. I think it would be a positive sign, if the jury were asking about the 1st arrest photo. It is also interesting to note that that first arrest report did not show up, initially, when Guandique was arrested the 2nd. time.

I guess that this was like so many other things that went missing in this case--even Chandra.
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/17/1930788/jurors-weigh-evidence-in-chandra.html
excerpt:
    Several times through the day, jurors sent written requests to D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald I. Fisher. The requested items ranged from evidence-handling gloves to a photo of accused killer Ingmar Guandique taken in Washington's Rock Creek Park.

"They want that photo," Fisher said....

Love you, Mike Doyle!
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the same article:
    ....In a defeat for prosecutors, though, Fisher rejected a proposal that jurors see a letter written by the primary witness against Guandique. The letter had been referred to during trial but never formally admitted into testimony....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: