www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gary Condit's book
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Gary Condit's book Reply with quote

http://www.enquirerherald.com/2010/11/12/1357737/book-by-former-rep-condit-will.html
jane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.mcclatchydc.com/law/2010/11/chandra-levys-murder-trial-1112-the-gary-condit-book.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious stuff. Now I know how Condit got a cameo in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. His Gang of Five partner Peace was the producer of it.

And why Latham & Watkins became his ninth (?) defense law firm. Son Peace a lawyer there who collaborated with Condit on a book. But Bert Fields not a Latham & Watkins lawyer? Interesting. More like a book agent / lawyer I guess.

With all that said, I doubt the book gets published. It is a rant of how unfair Condit thinks he was treated, and how his wife didn't leave him when she felt his pain, as he will write it, or didn't leave him when the world found out about all his affairs, including a missing and found murdered constituent intern in Washington.

Now that's not what I wanted, I have posted many times. I would love to see answers to the many questions I pose in Murder on a Horse Trail. This book will answer none of them.

It may even provide a tenth version of events surrounding Chandra Levy's disappearance according to the world of Gary Condit. That would not be helpful, to say the least.

And until there are answers to those answerable questions, none of which I expected Condit to ever answer when I wrote Murder on a Horse Trail, the questions will remain.

No self righteous rant will make them go away.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Under-the-Covers Reply with quote

Do you think that Mr. C. could be using the possibility of his writing a book to hold over the heads of the Department of Justice, et. al., as some form of "encouragement" to convict Guandique?

He could be threatening to "spill the beans" about what really happened and was covered up.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the one thing we can count on is that Condit is not going to spill any beans.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's possible there's lots of really dirty laundry that Condit knows about (in addition to the panties!) Whenever a story comes out that threatens to blow the lid off the filth going on in D.C. (e.g. the Franklin child sex ring that ties in with the midnight Whitehouse tours, the D.C. Madam...) it gets hushed up pretty quick. I think that's the reason the authorities were so hopeful about "solving" this crime.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree with that as relates to Rainbow's point.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Alexander from Washington Post:

"Yes, Condit is writing a book about his life and in particular his last year in office. He is a fascinating man."

Fascinating in what aspect? Fascinating as to how someone could come up with a different version of how his mistress disappeared every time he tells it?

Yeah, pretty fascinating stuff. I know it keeps us busy trying to keep track.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that 'fascinating' comment objectionable, too. I find the whole Condit denial offensive. I guess it would be difficult for them to come out of it. Enablers like Alexander, Horwitz, Higham and Guandique's persecutors - I mean prosecutors - can't make it any easier!
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persecutors. I like that. Very apropos.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keith Alexander from Washington Post:

"Yes, Condit is writing a book about his life and in particular his last year in office. He is a fascinating man."

Fascinating in what aspect? Fascinating as to how someone could come up with a different version of how his mistress disappeared every time he tells it?

Yeah, pretty fascinating stuff. I know it keeps us busy trying to keep track.

A Christmas gift indeed. Why not get the new book of lies for a nice under the tree kind of gift to ask for?

Certainly, GC will not be spilling any beans but boiling up some new questions...

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice analogy, goz. Also very apropos.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More articles have been published about Condit's book - the drum rolls are going on and on, and I have the feeling that's all there ever will be of it - the circus-style, suspense-building drum rolls - but no one on a trapeze or being shot from a canon (do, Gary, do climb into the canon - I'll light the wick!!) (Just kidding!)
rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the latest is that 80% of book is about Chandra, and that Condit will explain his special relationship with her.

You know, he explained it all once more.

His latest kick is that all the phone calls / visits were about helping her find a job. Her emails made it clear he was trying to get rid of her. "He promised" she said to one friend.

But now he is friendly congressman mentor, looking out after a consituent, and oh by the way, here's a bracelet.

I give them out like candy. I don't even remember what color this is.

yeah, that'll be in the book too.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the main reason I am thinking there will indeed be a book - he may not find more people/corporations to sue. A book, no matter how inane, will bring in some bucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: