www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handwritten note re cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Getting the Dates Straight Reply with quote

Thank you, Jane. Didn't Anne-Marie receive an important phone call on May 9th, whereby someone announced that they needed to diasppear for a while?
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2546
The call Condit made to Anne Marie Smith from Luray was May 17.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Wrong Number! Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Jane. I look forward to revisiting that. I think there was an additional call to Anne-Marie the week before, though.

The Chandra Levy Chronology (Rev. #9)

May 25, 2002

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/689627/posts

May 11, 2001: Chandra did not attend her graduation ceremony. Her parents saw this as very ominous because they believe she would not have deliberately missed her graduation - it was too important to her and all her friends were there. She had told her parents that she planned to return to California, graduate with her friends, find a job, and either take the LSAT for law school or get employed with the FBI and help others.

Condit on the phone told Anne Marie Smith "I'm going to have to disappear for a while. I think I might be in some trouble." He asked her not to call him for a few days. He said he would explain at the first opportunity. She was shocked and deeply concerned.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rainbow. In that same Luray chapter from rd's book, AMS said Condit called her about a
week before her May 17 layover in DC. AMS told Larry King, "Well, he phoned me initially and asked
me to not call him. He said he was in trouble, he may have to disappear for a while."

(Oops - we posted around the same time).
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Phone Records Reply with quote

On line 6 of Anne-Marie Smith's affidavit (vs. Gary Condit, et. al.) regarding subornation of perjury and obstruction of justice, line 6, Anne-Marie Smith mentions the date of that particular call as on or about May 9, 2001.
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:6Mi44Amwf10J:news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/condit/assmith801aff.pdf+Anne-Marie+Smith+phone+calls+to+condit&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShTRGw5IxGWN_eodhagR3DOPl2dRW6ptcrEOLsNit2KeJwNBKyKiK6e4HuLZOru4GgHU4Yerbr3jJ-hBAwBlHZWZq7BK5Ic-fZSYh8DAhKfD9e9jxEyIBDelet8vZ8IgmLgaOaW&sig=AHIEtbTMLKlAPs9bxaBPuXssr68RrE1p5Q
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow,

Thanks for posting the link to AMS complaint. Sets me straight on a couple of things. I was thinking the "I may be in trouble and may have to disappear for a while" statement was in the Luray phone call. Apparently it was a week before that. I think that Condit's "desperate" call from Luray was in response to messages left on his answering machine by AMS but her complaint doesn't indicate she had called him earlier. Significant omission.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rainbow is right, have to disappear was week before Luray. That Condit was saying this at same time police find Chandra's computer obliterated after it was working previous day and a note on Chandra's counter about cerebral hemorrhage I didn't connect when I heard it.

May 9 is when DC police first questioned Condit.

So night of May 9 for note to appear and computer operating system to disappear does not surprise me.

sigsky, Anne Marie in her interviews talked about calling Condit all along. She told of Condit telling her he might have to disappear and when he said it. She didn't hide anything about other calls in talking about the Luray call. However, she was taking legal action against Condit and the Luray call was a significant deception to her and the public in his denying it so was a significant part of her testimony.

The lawsuit was found not to be in state of California jurisdiction where she filed it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a question of why wait to do that till police are questioning him, and asking him if he was sexually involved with her, but remember, he did not expect that to happen. That would have been a total shock to him.

He had no idea that Chandra had accidentally said his name once in passing to her aunt Linda talking about her Congressman boyfriend. (actually, imitating a receptionist in his office answering the phone is how it happened.)

So then he had to take action against something he hadn't expected to be linked with.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! rd, I don't know exactly what happened with the note. We know Egan removed some
evidence from Chandra's apartment on the 10th. We know that Santha questioned Egan about a
note he found on Chandra's kitchen counter.

I hope he took the note and that it's in evidence, but it doesn't specify that in any of the articles
we've seen.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, how can a note like that not be in evidence? Wherever it comes from, it sheds significant reasonable doubt that there are other factors than Guandique in Chandra's murder.

Rock Creek Park is picked out of searches on Condit, his family, and a travel site to France, and Condit leaves a message on her answering machine saying he thinks she's out of the country.

And she doesn't jog or go on walks and is trained in womens' defense, spent years training in law enforcement with Modesto police department, minored in college, Bureau of Prisons, applicant to the FBI, and they have her on some journey through DC highways and byways to a forest on a path that goes nowhere as to what they claim happened.

Talk about cherry picking.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I mean is that, in the articles we're not specifically told whether the note was collected in the first place. It probably was, since Santha is aware of it. But was it kept or did it
disappear like the black bag from the park or like the hair that disappeared somewhere between being sent by the prosecution to the defense?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, good question. The cerebral hemorrhage note found either needa to be in evidence or it needs to be asked about why it is not in evidence, but either way it needs to be pointed out as something the jury needs to consider. How it is not a major question by everyone involved just blows my mind.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: The Black Bag Reply with quote

What significance could the black bag have?

Could money to be given to a murderer-for hire have been in the bag?

Could the evidence that was collected at the "staged", secondary crime scene have come from the bag?

Could adult "paraphenalia" have been found in the bag?
jane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow - To tell you the truth, I think the defense was merely trying to raise doubts in jurors' minds over how the police handled potential evidence.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: By a Hair Reply with quote

As regards the hair, was that Chandra's hair that they were referring to? Didn't they have any more pieces that they could have provided for discovery analysis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: