www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Levy testifies against Guandique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link to WP article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/28/AR2010102807238.html
Defense hasn't finished cross examination - I guess that'll be Monday.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take me three days to catch up, jane. Thanks for the info.

Looking back at the originally reported info, the Washington Post's Twomey and Horwitz specifically stated the portable radio (Walkman) did not include a cassette tape.

Park Slope Went Unsearched
By Steve Twomey and Sari Horwitz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, May 24, 2002

Police were also examining personal items recovered at the site, they said, including a sweat shirt from the University of Southern California, where Levy, 24, was pursuing a master's degree; a portable radio, which did not include a cassette tape; leotards; and strands of dark hair.

end quote

I don't know where this National Enquirer stuff comes from, but if there is info not reported in the press and is something that may be being suppressed, let's mention that when the info is cited. I occasionally have to go back to news reports to see what was reported, and readers won't have any idea where it's coming from.

On the other hand, I wrote this back in 2001:

Without tape, we can either assume she played the radio, or we could consider the tape was stolen before she was dumped.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: "Their" Way! Reply with quote

. . . The Frank Sinatra cassette tape finding was reported to me in an off-the-record telephone conversation I had with someone who was mentioned in the national press as being involved with research conducted on this cold case.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Aunt Linda said Chandra came to appreciate Sinatra's music since it was a favourite of Condit. So it fits.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, Rainbow. When we see what the DC police has been hiding all these years, ironically releasing valuable information in testimony in an attempt to prove DC prosecutor's claims that the DC police "were" incompetent idiots, something none of us missed, they clearly have been and are still protecting Condit.

In the beginning it was clear that someone had driven up and hidden Chandra's remains hundreds of feet below a horse trail. All police statements reflected that in the beginning.

Then the sunglasses were found a good distance on down the path toward Grant Road and downhill to Broad Branch. From then on, it was Chandra coming uphill from Broad Branch and Guandique waiting on the path above where her remains were found.

I have described what it would be like to walk (now forced by lack of carrying anything to jogging) on Broad Branch Road in the opening paragraphs of Murder on a Horse Trail. As much as I have railed against idiot reporters and prosecutors who would never attempt the Chandra Levy Walk in the Park Challenge, should Chandra have run for miles on DC streets and behind the National Zoo and who knows where else to get to Broad Branch and Beach, that would be a walk in the park compared to running on down Broad Branch and then climbing the hill from there. We're talking life in your hands type stuff there, folks.

I go on to describe the climb up that hill from Broad Branch in chapter Horse Trail. I am quite sure no one can imagine how bad this walk in the park from Dupont Circle to Broad Branch and a climb up the hill to the No Horses path is, for a woman with absolutely no protection and apparently hellbent for going as deep into a dark forest as she could go. I don't have the words to adequately describe how crazy this stuff is.

And all to avoid admitting someone drove up to grove 18 and dumped her body downhill a short distance from the picnic table.

After all, Guandique didn't have a car, and Condit did.

We'll go with the impossible then.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: The Park is a Stage. . . Reply with quote

Would it be possible to find statistics on murders in Rock Creek Park, along with what percentage of the recovery sites were secondary crime scenes?
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had those statistics, number of bodies found in Rock Creek Park, almost all were dumped there, maybe one or two homeless perhaps.

A search on our site should turn up that article. I refer to it occasionaly when I say that almost all bodies found in Rock Creek Park were dumped there. I don't know of any murders of visitors to Rock Creek Park off the top of my head, but Rock Creek Park is huge and extends into Maryland, and I know there was some controversy about some murderer up in Maryland.

That's usually trotted out to justify whatever scam the Justice Department is pulling here.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In searching for those statistics on all bodies found in Rock Creek Park being dumped there (a very insenstive phrase for murder victims being disposed by the murderer, as Chandra was), I ran across this on the sunglasses:

Levy Possibly Bound by Leggings
Knotted Garment Sharpens Suspicion of Foul Play
By Sari Horwitz and Allan Lengel
Washington Post Staff Writers
May 25, 2002

Levy's stretch leggings, found in Rock Creek Park near her skeletal remains, were knotted in a way that suggests they might have been used to restrain her, the sources said.

"If it is true, it goes a long way in proving that Chandra did not die in Rock Creek Park by accident," said Billy Martin, the Washington attorney for the Levy family, who noted that D.C. police officials have not discussed with him any evidence they have found, including the knotted leggings.

Martin discounted the theory that Levy was abducted while jogging in the park.

"Her friends said she thought it was dangerous and she was very careful what she did," he said. "Rock Creek Park was a place that she knew was dangerous, and she discussed it with friends and family. All her friends knew she would not jog in the park."

...The search has produced some of Levy's clothing, a portable radio-cassette player and other "fragments" that police declined to describe. Evidence technicians also have found a pair of sunglasses believed to be Levy's near a path off Broad Branch Road, and 125 to 150 yards from her remains.

end quote

Note that 125 to 150 yards from her remains toward the path down to Broad Branch Road is away from the picnic table 18 and Ridge Road. To put it into perspective, her sunglasses were farther away from her toward Broad Branch that she was from grove 18 and Ridge Road.

That is a serious diversion by the murderer. Along with the tied up leggings, we are talking about a very sophisticated staging of a murder scene.

Now I know most of these numbers just glaze eyes. There's no way to envision what I'm talking about. And when I do describe it, it's probably impossible to believe. Who would go to such great lengths to create such a diversion?

I will add a post later to better picture this diversion from Chandra being driven up to picnic area 18 and taken a short distance out a narrow dirt path into wiilderness and dragged downhill 238 feet to be hidden.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Professional Hit? Reply with quote

Thank you so much, rd. By the way, I agree that the term used for relocating a deceased person is "insensitive".
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/28/2366841/levy-searched-internet-about-park.html
excert:
    Levy's laptop computer showed that a user - presumably Levy - was researching a cross-country Amtrak trip a little before 2 a.m. on May 1, 2001, Dombowski said. Levy was considering departing D.C. on May 5 and arriving in Stockton, Calif., on May 8, potentially traveling by luxury sleeper car.

For unexplained reasons, Levy appeared to be using the name "C. Love" in her Amtrak interactions....

....Shortly before midnight on April 30, she sent an e-mail to her mother, Susan, in Modesto, Calif., Dombowski reported. A few minutes after midnight, she conducted a search related to Gary Condit....

....For about 90 minutes mid-day May 1, Levy spent more time online. She looked up further information about Baskin-Robbins, about Rock Creek Park and about the Condit family.

"There were searches for Gary Condit on various sites," defense attorney Maria Hawilo noted, adding that there also were searches for Carolyn Condit and son Chad Condit.

At 12:59 p.m. May 1, with a final, unexplained search for information on the French province of Alsace-Lorraine, the user of Levy's computer signed off the Internet....

....Under questioning by defense attorney Hawilo, Dombowski acknowledged that the computer's hard drive also showed signs that police officers had used it during a May 9 search of Levy's apartment....
So we have:
* A message going from Chandra's computer to Susan Levy shortly before midnight April 30. (This would be the impersonal air fare ad.)
* A search related to Gary Condit a few minutes after midnight.
* Amtrak inquiry re DC to Stockton, CA by luxury car May 5-8 (could that be the exciting news Chandra wanted to share with her aunt? A romantic 3-day trip with her boyfriend?) just before 2 AM.

No more computer activity until 9:30 AM, but a scream before 4:37 AM.
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Park is a Stage. . . Reply with quote

Rainbow wrote:
Would it be possible to find statistics on murders in Rock Creek Park, along with what percentage of the recovery sites were secondary crime scenes?

http://prorev.com/dctrendscrime.htm

Fair use excerpt:

Number of bodies found in Rock Creek Park over the past 25 years: more than 30

"I would tend to believe the majority of these crimes against people are not taking place in the park," said Sgt. Scott Fear, a U.S. Park Police spokesman, responsible for patrolling the park. "It's more that people are being brought to the park" afterward. [Washington Post 2002]
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Rock Creek Park-Secondary Destination Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Laskipper! Just the information we were looking for!
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for that info, skipper. Exactly what I was thinking of.

This just gets worse and worse. Now we will have to see out of the activity we were led to believe took place between 9:30 am and 1pm what actually took place the night before, a couple of hours before the scream at 4:30am.

Searches on Condit and Carolyn and Chad, a strange uncommented email to her family, a scream, a note on the counter about a brain hemorrhage, her computer obliterated while the DC police are getting a search warrant to search it, this gets stranger and stranger with each new revelation.

But the answer to your question jane is no, the Amtrak trip was not a romantic getaway and not the big news she had for her aunt (but not for her parents).

Chandra suddenly had a need for a one way trip to LA for her USC Masters graduation. Prior to the previous week, when she was unexpectedly and unceremoniously told to clean out her desk and leave her paid internship job in the Bureau of Prisons Public Relations office, a complete mystery to her but not to us now that we know this followed her asking Condit about an affair with 18 year old daughter of a black minister back home her mother called her about to warn her, Chandra had a need for a round trip ticket to California and back, just as Condit had supplied her illegally four months earlier through his campaign finances, recorded as him making the trip, unbeknownst to her. Condit told her they were frequent flier tickets.

So no, this was no romantic getaway, this was a trip back home to her graduation. This was also directly to LA, hence the email about flights from Sacramento to LA for her parents who expected she would be joining them there, but not necessarily so. In any event, they were anxiously waiting word from her on her plans.

Which is yet another reason Chandra wasn't galavanting around a forest Tuesday afternoon instead of getting answers for her parents and landlord, answers that depended on the answer she got from Condit.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a major discrepancy from what the police said back then and now, now that they have an agenda.

From Michael Doyle of McClatchy News:

http://blogs.mcclatchydc.com/law/
Chandra Levy murder trial 10/28: Sifting the remains
McClatchy News, 28 Oct 2010

Allie recalled searching down a steep slope off of Rock Creek Park's Western Ridge Trail, several hundred feet from a place called Grove 17. The first items found were sunglasses and the broken earpiece from a pair of sunglasses.

"You didn't have to go too far to get to them, just a step or two" from the trail, Allie said.

A little farther down the slope, Allie recalled finding an Aiwa radio cassette player. Then the slope got markedly steeper, at at the bottom of which was the major location of remains.

end quote

There is lot to comment here. I don't see how what the DC police said then and what they are saying now can be reconciled. I quoted earlier about the sunglasses being found:

Evidence technicians also have found a pair of sunglasses believed to be Levy's near a path off Broad Branch Road, and 125 to 150 yards from her remains.

That's 375 to 450 feet from her remains. Her remains were 238 feet down the slope from the path. And there's this. Initial reports did not mention the sunglasses, contrary to this joker:

From the Washington Post
May 23, 2002

Investigators, joined by top officers of the department,
quickly found other bones, as well as a jogging bra,
panties, tennis shoes, sweat pants and a portable radio

From the Washington Times
May 24, 2002

Police also found a Walkman, a University of Southern California T-shirt, shorts, running tights, a red sports bra and running shoes.

From the Washington Post
May 24, 2002

Police were also examining personal items recovered at the site, they said, including a sweat shirt from the University of Southern California, where Levy, 24, was pursuing a master's degree; a portable radio, which did not include a cassette tape; leotards; and strands of dark hair.

Then on May 25, three days later and after two days of reporting items found in all papers not mentioning sunglasses, this:

Washington Post
May 25, 2002

The search has produced some of Levy's clothing, a portable radio-cassette player and other "fragments" that police declined to describe. Evidence technicians also have found a pair of sunglasses believed to be Levy's near a path off Broad Branch Road, and 125 to 150 yards from her remains.

end quote

He is directly lying on the stand for the government.

In addition, I walked up and down that slope. It does not get markedly steeper near her remains. He is attempting to shade the upper portion as more level for a sexual assault.

We have pictures where you look straight down from the path. He is a pathological liar. As well as one of the evidence technicians who among them contaminated the evidence.

And a wise ass joker about Chandra's murder. Which explains a lot.

Charge him with perjury. There'll be a jail cell available when one of the "cellmate confession" inmates gets their payoff.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm pretty sure Santha isn't going to go easy on this guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: