www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Levy testifies against Guandique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Computer History Reply with quote

I think rd should take over on the computer part. If it was on, in fact, then, yes, that would substantiate the argument that she wasn't planning on being away from it for very long, especially if it was on "dial-up".

In my layman's opinion, anyone could have switched on the computer. Testifying that it was on might eliminate the need to have used a search warrant for the computer.

What do you think rd?
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great input from all of you.

Rd- you missed your calling in life- you should have been a lawyer.

Do they use some sort of mind control devices on witnesses these days? His testimony sounds totally rehearsed . Coached. Sounds like it is coming from a legal perspective. CYA as he goes with the temporary insanity thing re: the prior accusations (Condit).

You could be correct Sigsky when you say that Robert lost it and now he just wants closure. Wants it to be over.

ls
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Order in the Court! Reply with quote

I asked about this in another thread. Was Dr. Levy a surprize on the stand, because of the order of his appearance or just because he wasn't on the witness list? Does anyone know what the rules are regarding the calling of witnesses to testify?
lector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was struck by this, from the NBC Washington article linked above:

Quote:
Yesterday, prosecutors described the grisly May 2002 discovery of a 180-foot trail of evidence leading to Levy's remains, as News4's Pat Collins reported.

What is this 180-foot trail of evidence? I guess I need to go back through Murder On A Horse Trail again, I've been away from all these details for a long time. I'm wondering if this 180-foot trail is something everybody knows about, or something that should have been explained in more depth.

Also, the implications of the phrasing there seem misleading, in light of how the remains were actually discovered - I remember that much.
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to that video and read the article, Lector, re: 180-foot trail of evidence leading to Levy's remains. Can't find anything but will keep looking.

What I did notice:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Day-Two-in-Levy-Murder-Trial-105788788.html

Quote:

Robert Levy told police his daughter was not the type to go for a jog in a strange park, preferring to exercise in a gym, leading him to believe someone took her to Rock Creek Park, NBC4's Pat Collins reported.

The current retraction, on the witness stand, of the above statement by Robert Levy is contradicted:

Jennifer Baker told Jim Herron Zamora of the San Francisco Chronicle:

"She never went out alone," Baker said. "One reason
she joined a health club is so she wouldn't have to
jog in the streets there." [6]

Lisa DePaulo interviewed several named friends of Chandra for her Talk Magazine article, and she wrote: "Levy didn't smoke, had no pets, didn't jog (she was a fitness fanatic, but always at a gym)."

Sven Jones told Russ Mitchell of the CBS Early Show:

MITCHELL: Rock Creek Park is much like Central Park
in New York, an--an--an oasis for city dwellers. Did
she enjoy the park and how often did she go out
there?

Mr. JONES: We didn't really talk about her visiting
parks, and we didn't really talk so much about
jogging, either. It was a little bit of a surprise
for me, because we have not--neither one of us em--
embraced jogging fully, so the park--I'm just not
familiar.
[7]

He told Bill O'Reilly of The O'Reilly Factor:

O'Reilly: It looks like Mr. Jones that Ms. Levy was
jogging, but you have said before that she wasn't an
avid jogger. Any reaction to that?

Sven Jones: That's correct. As we spoke earlier, I
didn't see her as somebody that would jog
religiously. It was something that would be sort of
out of character for her.

O'Reilly: Really, so she wasn't somebody who went
out on a daily basis and ran around the park where
she was discovered.

Jones: She may have done it on occasion, but
certainly didn't embrace jogging as something that
was personally enriching.
[8]

Billy Martin, the Levy's lawyer, told the Washington Post:

Martin discounted the theory that Levy was abducted
while jogging in the park.

"Her friends said she thought it was dangerous and
she was very careful what she did," he said. "Rock
Creek Park was a place that she knew was dangerous,
and she discussed it with friends and family. All
her friends knew she would not jog in the park."

[9]

Internet site www.justiceforchandra.com admin Jayne posted:

On this week's America Most Wanted... were the two
people closest to her, Jennifer stating that getting
Chandra to jog was like pulling teeth--she said
something to the effect that she couldn't imagine
who would start such a preposterous story, while
Sven Jones adamantly stated that jogging was "number
one on their list of things NOT to do."
[10]
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Rebuttals Reply with quote

Great stuff, Laskipper!
rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little bit in shock. First something about a handwritten note on the counter about brain hemorrhage, etc. and now the computer was obliterated the next day?

I need to read the account of the testimony and see what I'm missing here.

I don't know what the 180 foot trail of evidence is. I don't think there is such a thing in this case, obviously there's next to no evidence, much less 180 feet of it.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rainbow!

Re: the computer that Wyatt said was "obliterated" when he re-checked it- I don't recall reading that before.

It was May 10 when the police first entered Chandra's apartment:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/689627/posts

I remember the 30 different links being listed. Initially, about 18 or so?

National Geographic was one link that Chandra perused and that stood out for me then, as now. There was information on the upcoming 6 day Shenandoah Apple Blossom festival in that edition of the online magazine. I believe that Condit may have promised Chandra a visit to that event. Lots of Celebs and politicians attend.

Here's some info on the next one:

http://www.thebloom.com/

Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival

ls

The 2001 festival below. Dan Aykroid was the Grand Marshal that year

Queen: Tyne Vance (granddaughter of President Gerald Ford)
Minister of Crown: Susan Ford Bales
Grand Marshal: Brenda Lee
Firefighters’ Marshal: Jim Ed Brown
Sports Marshal: Dick Vitale
Miss Apple Blossom: Lisa Marie Melton
Celebrities: Jim Palmer, Kathy Garver; George Hamilton IV;
Miss Virginia - Jacqueline Cook; Ken Mease; Tom Dolan;
Moses Malone; Juan Dixon; Phil Dixon; Ruth Graham McIntyre;
Cindy Hazan/Mike Freeman (Patsy Cline Historians)
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Local Events Reply with quote

Good job, Sherlock!

Does anyone know what other events were going on in D.C. in the early part of May? For example, I know that the Nigerian president was visiting D.C. in early May.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this 30 but 18 websites list initially thing?

where did info about a National Enquirer website visited come from?

Oh yes, the Apple Blossom Festival on May 2, 2001. Yes, I'm sure Condit wanted to break away from Congress for that.

Stuff that keeps on giving from 2001 will get a thread of its own when warranted.

thanks
rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed the Enquirer- typo. Must have been a Fraudian slip? lol- little levity on the there-

As to the other information that you question: 30/18 websites:

When the computer information was first released, they listed only about 18 or so of the websites that were visited on Chandra's computer in the 3 hour, give or take, time frame ending on May 1, 2001 at approximately 1:00 pm.

Later, additonal information put the total websites (not pages) at 30, per your information here:

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2552

ls
rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Computer History Reply with quote

ahhh, thanks skipper. Freudian seems very appropriate right now in the Robert Levy thread.

Rainbow wrote:
I think rd should take over on the computer part. If it was on, in fact, then, yes, that would substantiate the argument that she wasn't planning on being away from it for very long, especially if it was on "dial-up".

In my layman's opinion, anyone could have switched on the computer. Testifying that it was on might eliminate the need to have used a search warrant for the computer.

What do you think rd?

well, it was certainly dial up. I had a notebook PC during that time that was just like hers as pictured above in our forum. It was serviceable but wasn't heavy duty. I dialed up the internet on it, it was good for that.

She logged off the internet. I don't find the PC being on unusual. I never have powered my PC's off and on after using them. Laptops in particular power down to idle anyway.

The rest, about the computer no longer working the next day, I have to read and see what details there are. I'm not sure how it gets much more disturbing than that.

At a minimum note that it took over two months to get the data off the hard drive (through bureaucratic delays) leaving lots of time until the FBI forensics (outsourced) and then the DC police knew anything about her activities. And possibly expected them never to get the data. Ray Gricar's hard drive found off the bridge comes to mind.

Three things I'm noting so far. The PC working first time this DC cop looks at it and not the next day, a handwritten note found in her apartment about what looks to be fatal type injuries, and then this detective taken off the case when he presses to investigate.

Add that to what we know about the US Attorney's office quashing the request for a subpeona to search Condit's condo immediately when his ex-mistress / Congressional chief of staff called the FBI urgently urging them to do so, and it is way stranger than anything we knew in 2001.

It appears this one DC detective is off the reservation so to speak to reveal this in testimony when DC police are working with US Attorneys to convict Guandique.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you suppose the jury will see how wrong this all seems? Will they see that it points AWAY from Guandique?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Order in the Court! Reply with quote

Rainbow wrote:
I asked about this in another thread. Was Dr. Levy a surprize on the stand, because of the order of his appearance or just because he wasn't on the witness list? Does anyone know what the rules are regarding the calling of witnesses to testify?

He was a surprise because there was no indication he was going to testify that he lied about everything he has said in the last ten years about what he knew about Chandra's disappearance.

And somehow we're supposed to believe he isn't lying now.

That's as close a description of Condit I've ever seen.

Somehow seems appropriate.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lector wrote:
I was struck by this, from the NBC Washington article linked above:

Quote:
Yesterday, prosecutors described the grisly May 2002 discovery of a 180-foot trail of evidence leading to Levy's remains, as News4's Pat Collins reported.

What is this 180-foot trail of evidence? I guess I need to go back through Murder On A Horse Trail again, I've been away from all these details for a long time. I'm wondering if this 180-foot trail is something everybody knows about, or something that should have been explained in more depth.

Also, the implications of the phrasing there seem misleading, in light of how the remains were actually discovered - I remember that much.

lector, after looking at it some more I believe this an obscure and extremely misleading statement, if not maliciously mischevious, just like the rest of the US government's statements have been in this case and the affadavit.

What this dufus appears to be referring to are Chandra's bones strewn about the hillside by animals. Since they have no evidence, they tell the jury they have 180 feet of grisly evidence.

Now I know what a government freight train trying to railroad you looks like.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: