www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Guandique is found not guilty, how important do any of you think Condit's DNA in the undies will figure? (I think big, in the jurors' minds).
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even without he'd be found not guilty, a discredited weak cellmate confession that Guandique didn't know he killed Chandra, charges being dropped right and left after failure after failure in testimony, DNA of some other man other than Condit on her leggings, the computer actiivty focused around Condit and obscuring the Rock Creek Park search as to its purpose, all that is a Not Guilty.

But Condit's semen found on her panties? That's Not Guilty by reason of overload of reasons to be not guilty.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really feel good about the trial so far - hope we won't be disappointed!
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Rainbow, where have you been?
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Back Again! Reply with quote

Hi Jane and gang!
I have been in a real-life courthouse, reading your posts from afar! I can't believe how fast this case is going. I am especially curious about the document the defense is referring to, as well as the D.C. detective that was fired.

I am saying a lot of prayers for Guandique, the defense and the Levy family. However, I will be sitting on the edge of my seat, until the verdict is reached.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good list of people you and us are pulling for. Like you and jane, I am hoping for the best.

The document was something concerning her apartment that was slipped under the door. It could have been a note to contact the landlord or could have been a routine notice that the rent was overdue, something like that. Or could have been an unrelated notice from the Newport management slipped under the doors of all apartments.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Defense in Levy murder trial tries to undercut government's Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/15/AR2010111506929.html?nav=mbot

From the above:

Assistant U.S. Attorney Amanda Haines tried to weaken Alaniz's account. Alaniz said that although he is part Mexican and part Native American, he was not fluent in Spanish. Alaniz also admitted that he rarely asked questions when Guandique and Morales would talk to each other in Spanish because he "didn't want to be too nosy," a characteristic that can be dangerous for inmates.

Alaniz, who had been convicted of drug and weapon offenses, also admitted that he was recovering from a gunshot wound at the time he was housed with Guandique and Morales and slept a lot. Alaniz also listened to music or the news through his headphones in the morning and evening. Alaniz is scheduled to be released from prison next year.

Haines also showed documents indicating that Alaniz was housed in the cell with Guandique for less than a month.

To me this all but negates anything that Alaniz contributes and casts doubt on the defense preparation. Was it 3 months or less than a month that they were housed together? And Alaniz wasn't listening much of the time and even when he did he couldn't understand much of what they said!

How well has the prosecution dated the Guandique "confession"? I really don't know but it must be in evidence. So does Alaniz brief rooming with Guandique and Morales correspond with that time? Little details like that are unreported (I think) but so very important to a layman's understanding of the case.

Not withstanding all that I can't imagine the prosecution will get a conviction, but I'm not putting money on it.

Sorry, no prayers for Guandique, or Condit, but I'm with you on the others Rainbow.
jane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sigsky and everyone! I haven't seen in any of the reports how credible Alaniz seemed. But his testimony should carry at least as much weight as Morales'.

I am guessing that the closing statements, scheduled to begin at 11 AM EST, will take long enough to carry over to Wednesday. I'm thinking this because the prosecution has to tell a different story, having dropped the sexual assault charges. Since they only dropped the kidnapping charges due to time expiration, I guess they can still talk about kidnapping.

I can't see the defense launching into their closing statement today - just guessing, of course...
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Questions regarding the court proceedings Reply with quote

What a herculean effort to sift through all the information of the trial of Grandique. I did not realize the trial was going on and heard from Sooz that Grandique had been convicted. There are many valid points brought forward in the various postings that the information is circumstantial, and really at the end of the day, the only real information brought forward in court is the testimony of the felon Morales.

I have several concerns regarding his testimony; his testimony does not fit the end results as we know them to be; such as Grandiques insistence that he did not rape Chandra, nor does it sound as if he made any such suggestion to Morales. Yet however, the evidence shows clearly that someone tried to rape
Chandra. The leggings tied in knots suggesting that the leggings were used as restraints. Why does someone who robs a person who is unarmed and they are armed need to restrain the person. Why then are Chandra's clothes then removed, the t-shirt and underwear are turned inside out. Also, in the story Morales tells, Grandique stated that Chandra was unconscious. It is very difficult to remove clothing from a person who is dead or unconscious, and why remove them by stuggling to take them off when you have a knife, (his modeum opererandus). seems to me that a perpetrator would cut off the clothing. This does not ring true, and if Chandra was conscious, it would have also been difficult to take the t-shirt off. Most pictures of raped women who have been murdered, usually always have their shirt pulled up, too if the clothes were removed conscious or unconscious they would have been torn, especially the t-shirt and underwear. Also, if seems impossible that going through such a struggle, that there was no blood on Chandra's clothing, either from her or from Grandique, although DNA evidence from blood spatter would have been neigh to impossible to glean after a year against the elements, the blood stains would have remained, some evidence of blood would have been found on her clothing. There would have been blood as it stated in the evidence that Chandra's sustained a fractured nose. There was no rain immediately after the 1st of may, so the blood would have stained on her clothing. Also, the wounds that Grandique allegedly sustained, would have drawn blood.

Grandique allegedly told Morales that Chandra went limp, and he did not know she was dead, if he had taken off her clothing, he would have known she was dead. I doubt very much that if Chandra was ordered to take off her clothes, that she complied. Not likely at all.

What I find odd is that Grandique never attempted to sexual assault his other victims!

The most striking thing about the whole scenario of Grandique attacking Chandra, is first and foremost what was Chandra doing on a trail, off a trail off a trail, deep in park, secluded area, no phone, no mace, with inappropriate clothing on for the weather, to go out jogging at high noon, in a place she knew to be dangerous.

That being said, Grandique usually stole items for resale, such as walkmans etc, so why does he leave the walkman at the scene. Do we know for certain if Chandra"s ring and bracelet from Condit were stolen, the information is confusing here, they are missing, they are not missing. Well you would think that finding such expensive stuff, the bracelet was work 2 thousand dollars (Anne Marie stated something to the effect, and the ring likely one thousand, (Susan Levy stated she paid #725.00 for the ring. So why did Grandique not mention that he has scored these items, and were were did they go...Scoring 3 thousand dollars worth of stuff seems to me that it would be an extraordinary score at one taking... Condit"s statement that he had a drawer full of silver and gold bracelets which he gave to his constituents, totally unbelievable the depths of the lies he tells, wow.

Side tracked sorry...

Interesting too, the lady that Grandique tried to steal the ring from in her apartment, he got scared off, and the two women he attacked in the park, he ran off after they put up a fight. Something does seem right here, suddenly he decides that not only is he going to kill someone but he rapes
attempts to rape Chandra. Doesn't jive. If the alleged cuts and scratches on Grandique came from Chandra, as stated previously why are there no scares on his mug shot for the 7th of May, no way such injuries would have healed, scratches take a long time to heal, much longer that a cut lip. Initially did not his girlfriend state that she did not see these injuries, i am sure she said this at one point. I know she stated that she did not cause the injuries but thought she did not see them either.

The failing of the polygraph test by the witness, and the passing of the polygraph by Grandique....something is fishy here. I do not believe for a moment that Grandique has the brains to beat a polygraph, IMO. I think it mattered little the interpreter scenario in the giving of the polygraph, which allegedly why it was ruled out, if my memory serves me correctly.

I thought also, that the DC police did not interview Grandique, that it was done by Park police.

The computer, well how in the H&** did the information get trashed, this is beyond fishy, and like you said rd, a lightening strike is more believable. It seems obvious that someone erased her hard drive, there is no way that turning off the computer would trash the information. The fact that the police officer did not log, or report his findings of searching the url listings on Chandra's computer sounds totally fishy...I think Wyatt needs a polygraph. The other possibility is that as stated her apartment and computer were sanitized.

The fact of the note, cerebral hemorhage and cardiac arrest found on her counter, well explanation of which is beyond the pale. There is no indication that I could find if this was in Chandra's handwriting!

One interesting thing about Morales testimony, he states that he left the matter alone, until he heard that Grandique was being charged after seeing this on CNN in 2006. The police did not reopen, or new detectives assigned until in 2007. I find this suspect.......can anyone correct me if I am wrong here, could he have seen this in 2006

Minos Nicolas!!!! Is this Errol Thompson, the sports club manager. I believe this is the third name he has given! Or am I mistaken. In the interview with Dianne Sawyer he gave his name as Errol Thompson, he gave a name like Miles something or the other in an interview with one of the newspapers, where he included a photo of himself that had to be a decade old. What is with this guy....Do I have this mixed up...

I cannot resist the DNA evidence re: Condit, he alleges not to have seen Chandra for some time before she disappeared, however, are we to believe that Chandra was saving the underpants like Monica saved her dress. Obviously Chandra had seen Condit very recently before she disappeared.

IMO, the fact of the scream, that it was moving day, that the security guard was not on the desk when the police came to check out the report of the scream at 4:19, that the neighbour who lived aboved Chandra was certain that the scream came from the front of the apartment, and chandra living directly under the caller, the dogs loosing her scent on the sidewalk, the white van seen outside her apartment, the white stolen van found in Rock Creek Park, the sanitizing of her apartment, the fact that the dogs and national guard did not find her remains in the park, that no other animal picked up on her scent (being one of the hottest summers on record in DC)
that inconclusive evidence that Chandra died and laid in the park for over a year, I am left with the conclusion, Chandra was not murdered in Rock Creek Park...

There was an attack of another woman on May 1st, does anyone know the time of this attack, there was also the report from the witness that she was followed by Grandique, at 2p.m., are these one in the same person or different.

I find it extraordinary, that if Grandique killed Chandra, why he later attacked a woman on the 14th of May, you would think that he would be afraid to be tied to Chandra's murder once her body was discovered. You would think that he would have murdered the woman on the 14th, but more so, you would think that he would not go in the park again. Doesn t strike me as realistic. But of course serial killers have been known to strike in the same place, Green River Murders, Jack the Ripper, and on and on....

I think that Grandique might have a chance at an appeal due to the DNA bungled job, the contamination process, very strange that additional witnesses were not called, fellow felons. Does anyone know if Morales was given another polygraph.

I am shocked that a jury could convict on such sparse information, I have heard of circumstantial evidence convicting criminals, however it is beyond the beyonds how little information there is in this case, and the suspect credibility of the witness, just my view, but I could not in conscience convicted someone of murder with so little information, and with such a suspect witness, and the bungled job of the DC police. Not a chance I would take that leap....

Why do I feel like so any other faithful posters that there has been a gross miscarriage of justice, but words speak for themselves, it is what it is....
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Sports club manager Reply with quote

Nick Mines is the other alias Errol Thompson used....just found the information in a post James (fallout) sent to me..

p.s. I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday
jane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Mines is kind of close to Minos Nicolas backwards - closer than Errol Thompson, that's for sure!

Yeah, Peri, this verdict was a BIG disappointment. I can't see it, either. I think that someone such as the member of the juror pool who works for the government and has some education in law was a plant who determined the course of the jury deliberations.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this. There was only one juror who gave this any thought and they cowed her into submission. The rest were dutifully believing anything the DC prosecutors told them. Might as well been tried in the US Prosecutors office.

kate wrote:
Interesting too, the lady that Grandique tried to steal the ring from in her apartment, he got scared off, and the two women he attacked in the park, he ran off after they put up a fight. Something does seem right here, suddenly he decides that not only is he going to kill someone but he rapes attempts to rape Chandra. Doesn't jive.

Actually doesn't jive even more than that, kate. Chandra disappeared before the other assaults, six days before he was scared out the woman's apartment carying a ring, for example. Still he hadn't pawned Chandra's jewelry and left the Walkman there.

As far as I know, the jury didn't know that. I consider that an abysmal failure in the justice system as these lawyers of all types consider hiding information from jurors as part of their game they play, both sides.

It is no wonder highly paid lawyers win. They have the balls to do things that throw prosecutors crap right back in their faces.

All I saw here was lying from prosecutors and whining from public defenders, albeit they raised just a glimpse of so much that the jurors should have been forcibly confronted with.

The jurors as far as I'm concerned were mostly government stooges.

And I'm still ticked off about it.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
If the alleged cuts and scratches on Grandique came from Chandra, as stated previously why are there no scars on his mug shot for the 7th of May, no way such injuries would have healed, scratches take a long time to heal, much longer that a cut lip.

Not only was the mug shot of six days later not shown, I don't think the jury even knows anything about it. But would it have made a difference to government stooges in a kangaroo court?

They asked for a picture of Guandique that showed him in Rock Creek Park with his girlfriend in May 2001 with not a scratch on him, or tattoo, looking like just a kid.

Why they asked for the picture I don't know, made no difference to them. They wanted the Levy's to go home happy. That is a pathetic reason to convict someone of murder.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
The computer, well how in the H&** did the information get trashed, this is beyond fishy, and like you said rd, a lightening strike is more believable. It seems obvious that someone erased her hard drive, there is no way that turning off the computer would trash the information.

That's a fact, kate, and add to that that a note about cerebral hemmorhage is on her kitchen counter, and you clearly have someone that was in her apartment just after the DC police questioned Condit about Chandra and asked about an affair.

That anyone would believe that Chandra would take up jogging for the first time in her life and disappear in a forest the same time Condit disappeared for over five hours with his wife in town asking questions is only someone in Washington DC would believe.

And they don't really believe it. They're just professional liars.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One interesting thing about Morales testimony, he states that he left the matter alone, until he heard that Grandique was being charged after seeing this on CNN in 2006. The police did not reopen, or new detectives assigned until in 2007. I find this suspect.......can anyone correct me if I am wrong here, could he have seen this in 2006

He didn't come up with this crap until he saw Guandique was charged with Chandra's murder in the news. He then got an experienced "cellmate confession" scam artist to write up a "confession" that he heard several years earlier that he now felt compelled to report to the prosecutors because of a Christmas "revelation" a few weeks earlier where he decided he was going to be a good boy now after being in and out of prison most of his life.

That "cellmate confessions", that thing these blankety blank alleged investigators from the DC police and FBI say they're waiting for, "a tip", are reported to get time off or at a minimum special protected treatment the rest of their time until they get out early in no way was involved in his sudden social conciousness, of course.

The first "cellmate confession" scam artist back in 2001 said he was "doing it for the family". These are the lowest scum of the earth, and still they are not much below lying DC police.

I will never go back there now that I find that none of these idiots in DC actually care what the crime scene was.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Murder on a Horse Trail All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: