www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zahra C Baker-10yrs old-missing NC 10/9/10- Murdered
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Zahra C Baker-10yrs old-missing NC 10/9/10- Murdered Reply with quote

Zahra has cancer and has been reported missing by her father as of Saturday but it is unclear when she was seen last. The stepmother is involved with her disappearance and she wrote the ransom note in this case. LE are now treating this poor little girls case as a homicide. I pray she is alive but there probably is no chance at this point. What a very sad story. My heart is breaking for this child.

Goz

Fair Use
Oct. 12, 2010
Fox News
Stepmom Confesses to Writing Ransom Note, Turning North Carolina Missing Girl Case into Homicide Investigation

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/11/search-disabled-nc-girl-parents-questioned/?test=latestnews

Click link for story

Snip
HICKORY, N.C. – The search for a missing North Carolina girl turned from a missing person's case to a homicide investigation after the girl's stepmother admitted to writing a fake ransom note found at the family's home, police said Tuesday.

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins said Elisa Baker confessed under police interrogation to writing a ransom note found on the windshield of one of the family's vehicles.

Adkins said Baker has been charged with felony obstruction of justice in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker, who was reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, on Saturday.

A police search of the home a day earlier turned up what appeared to be a ransom note addressed to Adam Baker's boss.

The note, which asked for $1 million, said, "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control now who is in control we have your daughter," WRAL-TV reports.

Snip

Snip
K-9 units detected the smell of human remains on a sedan and SUV belonging to Adam and Elisa Baker during a search of the couple's home on Monday.

Zahra, described by neighbors as an upbeat girl who was battling bone cancer that left her with a prosthetic leg and hearing aids, was reported missing Saturday afternoon -- nearly 12 hours after Elisa Baker said she last saw her sleeping in her room.

Authorities, however, said it's unclear when the girl was last seen alive.

Elisa Baker was already being detained after she was arrested Sunday on a dozen charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance -- including communicating threats, writing worthless checks, larceny and driving with a revoked license.

Adam Baker said during a morning TV interview on Monday that it was possible his wife could be involved in the disappearance, which was reported after a fire in the home's yard.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: More on the story Reply with quote

Fair Use
Police: N.C. girl may have been missing as long as last month
By the CNN Wire Staff
October 13, 2010 2:45 a.m. EDT

Video on link

click link for story
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/13/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html

Snip
Investigators continued to search for a missing 10-year-old girl in North Carolina early Wednesday as her emotional father looked on.

The girl's stepmother has been arrested for obstruction of justice in connection with the case as investigators seemed to be getting suspicious of the girl's father.

"He seems concerned," Burke County Sheriff John T. McDevitt said referring to the father, Adam Baker. "But I don't know how sincere his concern is."

Adam Baker's daughter, Zahra Clare Baker, could have been missing as long as last month, police said.

Snip

-It appears she could have been gone almost a month- tell me why nobody reported this? What is going on here? How can he say he is a father and concerned?

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Information/ contact Reply with quote

If you have any information, please contact,
Hickory Police Department (North Carolina) 1-828- 328-5551.

ZAHRA CLAIRE BAKER
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Nov 16, 1999 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Oct 9, 2010 Race: White
Age Now: 10 Height: 5'0" (152 cm)
Missing City: HICKORY Weight: 55 lbs (25 kg)
Missing State : NC Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1157878

- She was last seen wearing a camouflage Army t-shirt with "Work Army" on the front of it and black knee-length tights.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: LE Searching Reply with quote

LE continues an intensive search for this poor child. It appear the FATHER is not being very cooperative anymore. Wonder why? I just read this child was only allowed out of her room one hour a day. I hope they will be charged with abuse too.
It has now been noted that the father saw her on Thursday before he reported her missing. Nobody else has seen her for about a month but the father and step mom.
A dog got a scent of human remains on a wood chipper. This story is going to take a very sad turn soon. I am very upset to read anything about this child and the lack of care she received.

Goz

Fair Use
Police search in Burke County for remains of missing girl
By BETH SHAYNE / NewsChannel
WCNC
updated 10/13/2010

click link for story

http://207.46.245.32/id/39641226

Snip
Hickory Police, SBI agents, Burke County sheriff's deputies and search dogs worked through the night Tuesday, searching an area in Burke County for 10-year-old Zahra Baker's remains.

The 10-year-old bone cancer survivor was reported missing Saturday. Tuesday, police called off an AMBER Alert and officially called the case a homicide investigation.

Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, is a suspect in the case. She currently charged with felony obstruction of justice. She is no longer speaking with investigators. Her husband, Adam, has not been charged and is talking with officers, but he has not been cleared of wrongdoing.

Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt said Tuesday's intensive search off Hartland Road would last until investigators find what they are looking for or rule out the area.

On Wednesday, the Burke County sheriff said search efforts were moving back to Hickory. He did not say whether investigators found anything in Burke County.

Snip

Snip
Alvin Webb, who lives next door, told NewsChannel 36 a deputy told him a cadaver dog smelled human remains on a mulch pile and on a wood chipper on the property. McDevitt said Tuesday night there have been "many hits" but none that he would call conclusive.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No word yet on this poor, beautiful child. I'm sure the father may be arrested too. How very sad she lived a hard life and then to be abused by her stepmom. Let us hope this case will not go cold too with no body or no child

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: latest link Reply with quote

The father has not been ruled out as a suspect yet. No word on the missing child yet. Sadly, this will not turn out well as we all know. I am praying maybe the child is hidden for some reason.

911 tape released of the father calling the autorities below.

Goz

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/19/nc-police-release-case-missing-girl/?test=latestnews
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: more on story Reply with quote

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25502773/index.html

Click link for story

Father of missing child, has been arrested on unrealed charges. Adam was arrested for assault, bad check writing and one other charge.

Strange, stepmom is also in jail because she wrote the ransom note.

Police are saying they are following a promising lead now. Don't know anymore.

Meanwhile, Zahra is still missing.

Let's find this child.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: LE seeks Medical Records Reply with quote

I'm sure this is just standard to have the medical records but maybe LE has something to match them too. I am praying this is the case.

Fair Use
Police getting medical records of missing girl
By the CNN Wire Staff
October 19, 2010 8:08 a.m. EDT

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/19/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html?npt=NP1

Click link for story

Snip
Hickory, North Carolina (CNN) -- North Carolina authorities have been in contact with Zahra Baker's biological mother in Australia and have asked for the medical records of the missing 10-year-old girl.

"We're in the process of getting medical information from Australia, and we're in the process of getting medical records here," said Clyde Deal, the deputy police chief of Hickory on Monday.

Officials did not specify what kind of medical records they were seeking. Dental records are sometimes used to identify a body. Although authorities believe Zahra is dead, her remains have not been found.

Burke County Sheriff John McDevitt has said that Zahra's disappearance is being investigated as a homicide.

Snip
laskipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart is breaking for this beautiful little girl too...

She lost a leg to bone cancer and had a prosthetic leg, which was found in a wooded area near the house where her stepmother previously lived. They are waiting on serial numbers from Australia where Zahra was born and where she was fitted with the prosthetic leg to confirm. It seems obvious that the leg, being a fit for a person of Zahras size and found where it was, belongs to Zahra.

They also believe that the mattress that the Bakers threw away several weeks ago was found in a local landfill. The mattress matches the description of Zahra Baker's mattress. It is being tested for DNA to confirm.

Today, it was announced on a local radio station that dogs (cadaver dogs?) showed great interest in a chipper that was in the Baker yard. Adam Baker is landscaper and has that sort of equipment on his property.

Crime scene workers have been sifting through mulch that is in the Baker yard, very carefully. They find an object, take a picture and take it to their vehicle. Evidently, the evidence is mounting.

Pics of Zahra and of the probable crime scene

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra%20Baker%20%20-NC-/?start=0

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra%20Baker%20%20-NC-/?start=680

Chopper video of LE digging up yard at the Baker house

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25550639/index.html

At this point is seems that the stepmother is the POI and the father had a hand in the murder as well, even if only after the fact.

This story is gut-wrenching. What did these two miserable, evil people do to that beautiful little girl?
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: good link Reply with quote

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978642444

summary of all up to date.

thanks for your comments las

goz
laskipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/29/more-evidence-taken-home-ar-492127/

More evidence taken from home
Investigators working around the clock
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope they get some good evidence today to make an arrest.

Also, praying they find this little girl. We have some monsters in this world. How very sad to think about her
life and how she was abused and now it has come to this?

Would like to see some real justice in her case.

Just how horrible it is that they found this poor little girls prosthetic
leg? I am so angry she was abused and someone killed her.

Let us pray this is over with soon for the sake of such a sweet child.

Goz
laskipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Biological mother wanted Zahra- as well as her maternal Grandmother.

So sad that this happened.

I too hope that there is swift justice.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25564797/detail.html
Police Return To Site Where Prosthetic Was Found
October 29, 2010

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- Investigators are returning to the area where a prosthetic leg believed to be 10-year-old Zahra Baker’s was found earlier this week.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Biological mother wanted Zahra- as well as her maternal Grandmother.

Thanks skipper. This is such a sad case as you relate to it too. I can't deal with how horrible it must have been for this child. I wonder why the F & Children Services were never involved or called by anyone? (At least I have not stumbled upon this information).

I read something about the bio-mom yesterday and will have to find it skipper. I think she didn't want her years ago after she came down with cancer. Have to check my facts.

All I know is I agree. She lived with pure nutjobs who abused her. Her life was difficult enough and she had a great outlook.
I did not know the maternal grandmother wanted her. Why didn't they just give this child to her instead of abusing her and keeping her? They did not want her when one reads what was done to Zahra.

Maybe we will get breaking news today.

Goz
laskipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to do with money- the bio-mom had to pay Adam Baker child support payments, if what I read is true.

I was hoping that they would have something today in the way of evidence. Some sort of 'find' to announce.

Was surprised to read that the dogs alerting to the wood chipper story was October 13 !

Read that the dogs also altered to both 'parents' cars and the report below states that the blood evidence was burned?

http://www.realestateradiousa.com/2010/10/13/amber-alert-nc-girl-zahra-baker-now-a-homicide-investigation-video/

Fair use excerpt:

He said the Amber Alert was cancelled due to ongoing evidence being gathered hourly. There was blood found in a nearby woodchipper, blood evidence in both parents cars, which were burned, incidentally.

A police dog alerted to the woodchipper and nearby mulch on the ground. This, along with a false ransom note, have given police enough suspicion to focus on the parents of Zahra. Elisa Baker, who is Zahra’s stepmother, has been detained for a slew of misdemeanor charges.

A new photograph of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker with a bruise under her eye surfaced today as the search for her body focused on a wood chipper and mulch piles for any sign of her remains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: