www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honeymoon Dive Killer- shocking--Acquittal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Honeymoon Dive Killer- shocking--Acquittal Reply with quote

It's nice to read when justice just keeps giving and giving....I hope he faces charges in the US too.

Note: There are more stories in the threads but TWO different diving murders. Please don't confuse them. (I just did)

Fair Use
Honeymoon Dive Killer Could Face U.S. Charges
Thursday September 9, 2010
By Charles Montaldo

http://crime.about.com/b/2010/09/09/honeymoon-dive-killer-could-face-u-s-charges.htm?nl=1

Click link for story

Snip

An Alabama man who pleaded guilty to manslaughter charges in connection with the drowning of his wife during a honeymoon scuba dive in Australia may also face murder charges in the United States. David Gabriel Watson could face premeditated murder charges in Alabama after a deal between the state's attorney general and authorities in Queensland.
Watson is currently serving an 18-month prison sentence in Australia after pleaded guilty to manslaughter in June 2009.

Alabama Attorney General Troy King intends to prove that Gabe Watson planned to kill his wife on their honeymoon while in Alabama, therefore giving the state jurisdiction to file charges against him. King also said that Watson's conviction in Australia does not create a double jeopardy situation under U.S. law.

But Queensland officials initially refused to cooperate with King's prosecution of Watson - refusing to turn over documents and evidence in the case - unless King agreed not to seek the death penalty. Under Australian law, a person cannot be extradited to face capital charges if the death penalty is sought.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Being Tried in the USA, pleads not guilty Reply with quote

Was sad to find out he is out on bond till May when he goes to court. He has entered a not guilty plea in the State of Alabama.
To update, he served time in Australia for killing his wife.

Goz

Fair Use
Honeymoon Killer Pleads Not Guilty
Tuesday February 1, 2011
By Charles Montaldo

http://crime.about.com/b/2011/02/01/honeymoon-killer-pleads-not-guilty.htm?nl=1

click link for story

Snip
An Alabama man who served time in Australia in connection with the death of his wife on a 2003 honeymoon scuba driving trip has entered a not guilty plea in his home state on murder charges. Gabe Watson, 33, pleaded not guilty to the murder of Tina Watson, 26, in a brief hearing in Birmingham.
Judge Tommy Nail set May 23 as the trial date for Watson, who remains free on bond.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: In court Reply with quote

Gabe can weep all he wants to in open court-- he killed his wife to get the insurance money and he will do the time for this henious crime.
This guy is a monster to kill his wife on their honeyman. A preplanned crime no doubt..

May Tina Rest in Peace.

Goz

Fair Use
Feb 16, 2012
Gabe Watson Cries During Honeymoon Scuba-diving Murder Trial
Huff Post

snip
Gabe Watson, the man accused of drowning his wife while scuba diving on their honeymoon, wept Wednesday when prosecutors played an interview of him talking about his new bride's death.

The 34-year-old Alabama resident says his wife, Tina Thomas Watson, panicked and accidentally drowned in Australia in Oct. 2003. He cried while listening to an interview with Australian investigators in which he recalled learning that the 26-year-old woman perished.

The Alabama attorney general's office alleges that Watson turned off Tina's air supply and restrained her as she struggled underwater, in a ploy to collect her life-insurance payout.

snip

The first-degree murder trial opened this week in Watson's homestate. He already served 18 months in Australian prison on a manslaughter charge. Watson, who has remarried, faces in life behind bars if found guilty.

click link for story/video/pics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/gabe-watson-cries-_n_1280469.html?ref=crime
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Shocking turn of events...-Acquittal Reply with quote

I'm going to grant the defendant's motion for acquittal. This case is dismissed," Nail said, prompting an outburst of applause in the courtroom.

I will be back later to post.

I'm shocked . I know he did it..

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: link on dismissal Reply with quote

http://us.cnn.com/2012/02/23/justice/alabama-honeymoon-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Fair Use
Murder case dismissed in death of newlywed wife
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 6:21 AM EST, Fri
February 24, 2012

Snip
An Alabama judge on Thursday abruptly dismissed the murder case against a man accused in the scuba-diving death of his newlywed wife off Australia's coast.

The decision from Judge Tommy Nail came near the end of the second full week of David Gabriel "Gabe" Watson's trial in Birmingham.

According to Ken Glass, the judge's judicial assistant, Nail dismissed the case "after the state rested its case against Gabe Watson (and) the defense filed a motion for a judgment of acquittal due to a lack of evidence."

"I'm going to grant the defendant's motion for acquittal. This case is dismissed," Nail said, prompting an outburst of applause in the courtroom.

Afterward, a visibly emotional Watson put his face in his hands, then began hugging people around the room.

Snip
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Twist of Fate Reply with quote

What a twist in the story!
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know--

I find it hard to believe..

Esp. since he did time already.

Goz
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Judge in Alabama....full of Balarney Reply with quote

Sounds like it is time for some new Judges in Alabama!!!!!

I cannot understand either why the Aussies only gave him 18 months..
That is an open invitation for people to murder. Gee commit a murder
and only do 18 months....you get more for armed robbery or arson.

Something is all wrong here, and I don't understand...and not likely to ever get it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: