www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Murder in the Capital: The death of Chandra Levy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: "Murder in the Capital: The death of Chandra Levy" Reply with quote

I'm guessing everyone knows this is on CNN at 10 p.m. EDT tonight but I'm posting this just in case. I can't imagine there will be anything new here but I fear that the story will not be totally objective or factual. It's being replayed a couple of times on Sunday but I'm not sure when. I'm taping it because of football but will watch it at some point.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/22/retracing-chandra-levys-steps/
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sigsky. I will watch it if it is shown up here.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look forward to seeing what you think about it. thanks, sigsky.

rd

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a half-hour show - I just watched it. I was disappointed that the results of Guandique's polygraph were described as inconclusive, which is misleading. He passed the test and it is only because an interpreter was used rather than a Spanish-language tester that a phony claim is being made that the results were inconclusive. That an informant took and failed a polygraph was not even mentioned at all.

It was stressed that Chandra looked up Rock Creek Park the morning of May 1 (no mention of the scream the previous night nor speculation as to whether it could have been someone else on her computer). Although it was mentioned that "everything was left behind - her wallet, her luggage and her laptop", as I remember - nothing was mentioned specifically about leaving her cellphone behind. Nothing was mentioned about her keys.

The isolation of the recovery site was stressed. There was no impression of the steepness of the site. The young female journalist spoke of the area as an excellent one for hiking, running or jogging as she briskly walked along a path - I'm not sure exactly where she was, but it couldn't have been exactly where the remains were found.

The picture of Chandra, taken from a magazine, found in Guandique's cell was mentioned, as well as the tattoo of a woman resembling Chandra on his chest (no visual of that provided). The closeness of Rock Creek Park to Guandique's apartment was mentioned.
jane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to a portion of the video http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2010/10/23/lyon.murder.in.the.capitol.cnn.html
rd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But obviously not a mention of Condit's, which was even closer.

Excellent for jogging, heh. The reporter would break her ankle trying to run on that horse trail. She also has no clue about getting from Chandra looking up Rock Creek Park, along with three hours of other searches on Condit, to getting to that horse trail.

She wouldn't be excellenting this or that after doing that. She wouldn't even make it there.

Typically clueless reporter that jumps in without knowing anything, and dumbs down the audience to their level.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all in all very well done with little visible agenda. I agree with Jane, the Guandique lie detector test was determined inconclusive so he was dismissed as a suspect? Does that make any sense? Great police work!

They keep saying Condit was never a suspect. Yet they interviewed him 4(?) times, searched his apartment and took his DNA. How many other non suspects went through all that. Did he even qualify as a person of interest? This political correctness has to end somewhere.

Anyway, good account for the uninitiated (guess those would be school children), but nothing new.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the synopsis, sigsky. You are right. They are trying to undo the sins of excess of 2001 in 2010.

Problem is, the excess was in media hyped coverage of Condit, not in investigation of Condit.

The questions were never answered. They still need to be.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Excluded from the Investigation Reply with quote

. . . And potential eye-witness(es), who saw someone resembling Chandra in the company of other person(s) in the day(s)/week(s ) after she appeared to go missing was/were not asked during the 4-5 years' contact he/she had with D.C. police investigator(s) whether the other person(s)with the Chandra figure resembled Guandique. No, the potential eye-witness(es) was/were asked how much the person resembling Chandra (including rose tatoo) was acompanied by someone(s) resembling some other person(s).
. . . . . The same investigator(s) were the one(s) who also said in private conversations with potential eye-witness(es) that Guandique was completely excluded as a suspect, as he was in custody during the actual time the murder took place.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow, what is the potential plurals stuff? And why is it such a secret if someone claims they saw Chandra after May 1, apparently well after, as Guandique was arrested June 30.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Plurality Reply with quote

In one of the Chandra sightings that was reported to D.C. police, Levy investigators and FBI, the "Chandra" figure was accompanied by other person(s). A D.C. police investigator asked what the percentage of likelihood was that one of the people accompanying the Chandra figure resembled a particular person. He never asked how closely that person resembled Guandique.
I don't feel comfortable identifying certain people publicly for legal and personal safety reasons. As I have said before, even someone like Jim Robinson, attorney-at-law, took the admonition to "drop" the case very seriously.
laskipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Media is stacking the deck against Guandique, IMO Reply with quote

Reading the article below today, I thought it seemed a bit biased? The reporter is stating that "Evidence of the other attacks...." the unstated inference would be that Chandra was the first and Halle Shilling
and Christy Wiegand were the "other attacks" ?

The media seems to be paving the way for the prosecutor?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/chandra-levy/opening-statements-begin-in-le.html

Fair use excerpt:

Evidence of the other attacks is expected to be central to the government's case and Haines said the jury would hear from the other victims.

end excerpt

Then there is the not so small issue of escalation. I have read that a criminal will progressively become more daring/violent in the commission of crime. Not so for Guandique. If we believe the prosecutor, he killed and then became a sissy- running from a woman after biting her? Why bite Halle- if he had a knife. That doesn't make sense.

Excerpt: Halle Schilling

And then, she said, she saw a knife -- silver with a black handle, four or five inches long. "When I saw the knife I fought harder, because I was, I was scared."

end excerpt

And what about Chandra's parents? Surely they don't believe that Guandique killed Chandra? They acted as if they knew in their hearts, years ago, who really killed Chandra. I wish we would hear from them...

ls
rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi skipper, yes, you've nailed it. Paving the way, indeed. They really, really want everyone on board this railroad.

Robert Levy is apparently satisified that Washington is doing right by his family and Chandra. Susan Levy has her doubts.

A fair, factually well presented trial should confirm Susan's doubts.

Then, on the other hand, we have what you posted...

good to see you again.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the personal safety, Rainbow. Like you said, a Seattle lawyer felt the same pressure.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the media is 'paving the way' then Bob Levy finished the job.

ls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: