www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique pretrial motions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Gag order placed on attorneys in Chandra Levy murder trial Reply with quote

Note that as rd has predicted, the trial is now scheduled to start October 18.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/27/101205/gag-order-placed-on-attorneys.html
rd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could feel it in my bones, sigsky. :)

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Prosecutors in Chandra Levy case say defendant assaulted wit Reply with quote

You couldn't make this stuff up. The testimony of the prosecution's witnesses should be very entertaining.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/27/AR2010092706704.html
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, this is straight out of the affadavit. This "cellmate confession" felon really dreamed up a doozy with the knotted tights information in the press. Not only does he have Guandique performing this bondage torture rape story, but embellishes it with him being raped similarly by Guandique while Guandique "confesses" to him, oh excuse me, I think this makes it a bragging confession while re-enacting the crime. A real piece of work.

You think this guy doesn't have dreams of freedom for whatever suffering hell he's put victims through? You betcha.

All in a days work in our glorious hellholes for these miserable monsters.

Now what makes all this extra ludicrous is that the judge has ruled that he can tell his cellmate confession fantasy, but minus that Guandique is re-enacting the crime on him at the time. I mean really, isn't that a large part of this fantasy? How do you cross examine him while he fleshes out one part of his fantasy while suppressing the circumstances of his revelation?

Definitely unfair, especially since it will take some intelligence to walk such a fine line in story telling.

What we don't know is whether this is the same or a different cellmate confession who came up with the ghostly gang that held Chandra down for Guandique to rape and murder, which he then murdered them as well, never to be seen before or since.

The venerable US government claims that each of these fantasies are individually tailored confessions to the audience, so to speak. Every factual error is Guandique's fault, not the ignorance of prison felons making up stories from not well understood bits of information in the news.

Why, a knife that wasn't used is Guandique's embellished confession, not a cellmate who wouldn't know that Chandra would be found later with no knife wounds. A claim that this one wouldn't get away is Guandique's customized embellished confession, not ignorance in making up stories and not realizing that Chandra disappeared before the other attacks.

It's all Guandique's fault he makes up factually confused confessions, not the prison inmates who make them up to see who wins the get out of jail free creative writing contest.

Sheesh, this is Animal Farm and George Orwell's fantasy at least is alive and well in Washington, DC.

The most important part though, and one I will keep front and center, is that all this is irrelevant until the government can place Chandra on a horse trail. That they can't do, and will rush the jury to assume Chandra was there on her own instead of her body dumped and hidden there by a person with means, motive, and no alibi.

No one should allow this government to add insult to injury to Chandra. I know if she had managed to survive a government that tried to make her go away and became that FBI agent she applied for that she would have been better than this.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Gary Condit Book on the Way Reply with quote

This may not belong in this thread but there is a mention of the trial and I can't think it deserves its own thread, at least yet.

Gary Condit has a book in the works. First I've heard of it but it seems logical. I'll be interested in giving it a read to find out what he was doing in Luray, VA the night he returned Ann Marie Smith's call.

I'm guessing it will start out, "I am not a perfect man .................."

http://www.wilshireandwashington.com/2010/10/gary-condit-book-on-the-way.html
rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll call it Condit's pre-trial motion. Do you think his "inappropriate to comment during the trial" will be the basis for taking the Fifth when he's called to testify? lol

He surely should be called. We need the jury to see him take the Fifth right in front of their eyes.

He says he's writing a book on incompetence, recklessness, and immorality of some very well known figures and institutions. Gary Condit citing recklessness and immorality means he's come completely unhinged. He must have spent all these last few years convincing himself his stories were true.

The book ought to be a hoot.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Bert Fields... Apparently it isn't only mistresses that Condit uses up like kleenex...

I don't believe Condit will have a book published. He's just doing a little sabre rattling, I think, in case anyone else is thinking of writing a book that might expose things about him he doesn't want exposed. In fact, there's nothing about him he wants exposed other than that he is a folksy family man with a fine family. It was painful for him to even say, "I am not a perfect man", for cryin' out loud.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, and we saw that in the Washington Post series interview a couple of years ago. The "I'm not a perfect man" thing is past and now it's "I was wronged by certain incompetent, reckless, and immoral Washington people and institutions" leading to the unstated "I want my seat back".

He may think he's done avoiding answering questions, but he's not.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Prosecution: No polygraph results in Levy trial Reply with quote

Not surprised prosecution wants to exclude the lie detector test where Guandique was judged not being deceptive and the lie detector test where his accuser was judged as being deceptive. At first blush I thought this was an outrage but if lie detector tests are inadmissable, how can you admit the results? Interesting questions.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/10/06/state/n140101D88.DTL&type=newsbayarea
rd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no logic here. Just more US government incompetent lying:

Prosecutors say the procedures for both tests were flawed and that they subsequently learned Guandique had practiced his answers.

This needs to be thoroughly examined in front of the jury, and I mean fine tooth combed cross-examination.

"The tests were flawed" is claimed based on using a Spanish translator for the DOJ polygraph tests. This is standard DOJ practice. We need to have a healthy discussion about this for the jury and let the jury see what kind of scam artists the public is being billed for for our so called "justice" system.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....According to the filing, the unidentified witness was asked whether Guandique told him that he stabbed Levy and whether Guandique told him that he received $25,000 from a congressman for killing Levy. To each question, the witness responded "yes." But the examiner who administered the test determined that the witness was being deceptive....
If the prosecution is using this testimony as accurate, then why not pursue the congressman who supposedly paid Guandique $25,000 for killing Chandra?
    ....In their filing, prosecutors said that the results of the polygraphs were flawed because neither test was administered by a bilingual polygraph examiner and that the same Spanish interpreter was used for both tests....
Flawed to the point where the results were 100% backwards?
rd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can betcha if the results were really 100% backwards that these DC people would be trying to get these polygraph results in front of the jury and wouldn't have a problem at all with the DOJ practice of using translators for Spanish speaking prisoners.

Which got me to thinking. This is all some kind of game to these prosecutors. It's how can we game the system to convict this person? What distortions will fool people into convicting him? What does it take to win? Like with police lying to him, these people have no integrity and wouldn't know truth and justice if they ran into it.

So I thought of the many other distortions these people have dumped on the public in their position of trust as stewards of justice for America, and I came to the conclusion that every assertion they make, implied or otherwise, needs to be challenged in court in front of the jury, providing a full discussion of the truth behind the distorted innuendo coming from the US Attorney's office and the DC police.

For example, they claim the DC police were focused on Condit and because of that didn't investigate and determine other possibilities such as Guandique.

I don't trust the DC police involved to tell the truth under oath. And the questions if ambiguous enough would be hard to prove resulting answers as perjury.

For example, "Detective Barrett, were you and your investigators focused on Condit as the suspect?"

He could answer "Yes", and although I can prove it's not true from documented DC police activity in Murder on a Horse Trail, it would be next to impossible to prove as perjured testimony. So more detailed questions need to be asked to challenge those DC prosecutors claims.

Extract a timeline and every quote from DC police from May till they turned the case over to the FBI in August, and it can be demonstrated that the police questioned Condit four times in four months, the fourth observing the FBI questioning in August, each time negotiated and delayed and then a meeting for a short time, questions mostly limited by Condit's lawyers.

Each attempt to question Condit was a direct reaction to public uproar from the press at various disclosures. Each questioning resulted in a new story from Condit tailored to deal with the latest disclosure. Every statement from the police was that Condit wasn't a suspect, wasn't under investigation, and nothing ever revealed by anyone ever indicated otherwise.

In fact, indications were that the DC police mostly believed that Chandra had run away and was trying to hurt Condit for, according to Condit to the police, rejecting her repeated and unwanted advances. He was a married family man, after all. So much so that even two and half months after Chandra disappeared, a month before turning the case over to the FBI, the DC police were releasing photoshopped images of Chandra with various wigs on and asking the public to be on the lookout for her.

The truth of the matter is, the DC police didn't consider Condit a suspect at all rather than what the DC prosecution and Washington Post reporters claim. The claims are rewritten history without merit, with no facts to support them at all.

That should be proved in front of a jury. A large part of the government's insinuations are that Guandique should be found guilty because DC police didn't gather the necessary physical evidence as a result of a fixation on Condit.

We know that is untrue. But also untrue is that Guandique wasn't investigated in a timely manner. Because of DC police and FBI incompetence (also note this is the same FBI incompetence displayed in screwing up pre-9/11 domestic intelligence during that same time), DC police were not informed until two and half months later, mid July, that Chandra had made a search on her PC for Rock Creek Park the day she disappeared.

Guandique had been nabbed after assaulting a jogger along Beach Drive only two weeks earlier when they found out. And I quote from the Washington Post in chapter Guandique of Murder on a Horse Trail:

D.C. police first spoke to Guandique about the Levy
case in the summer of 2001 after U.S. Park Police
alerted them to his arrest in the jogger assaults,
according to court records. But law enforcement
sources said they found nothing to indicate he was
involved in her disappearance, especially since, at
the time, they weren't aware that her body was in
the park. - Horitz, Sari and Allan Lengel. “Police Take New Look at Man as Potential Suspect in Levy Case.” Washington Post 29 Sept. 2002.

But let's consider the situation if the DC police had altered their park search based on Guandique's two assaults on Beach Drive. Perhaps they would have searched harder along the massive side of the hill along Beach Drive, in any event, it would have done no good.

For the jury to get some gist of this, let's take a walk down Beach Drive from the point of the first attack down to the intersection of Broad Branch and Beach, then on down Beach to the point of the second assault. Take a look up the side of the hill. Keep looking up.

Now let's walk back to Broad Branch and down Broad Branch. Traffic will have to be diverted for this exercise or we'll lose a couple of jurors in the line of duty. Now after awhile we reach the old quarry and the corner of Grant Road. Take a look up the side of the hill, this one where Chandra was found. Keep looking up.

So let's take this jury up the hill, this where the DC police say Chandra's sunglasses were found indicating coming up from Broad Branch. Oh wait, no random jury could make it up the side of this hill. That should be clue 1 for the oh if only the DC police had investigated Guandique clueless crowd.

Instead, we'll walk the jury back to Broad Branch and start up Ridge Road. The police can let traffic resume on Broad Branch now that we're off of it. That's clue 2 for the oh if only the DC police had investigated Guandique clueless crowd.

Let's trudge up Ridge Road now, as I did and wrote about in chapter Horse Trail in Murder on a Horse Trail. A random group of jurors can do this, but it will take awhile. That's clue 3 for the oh if only the DC police had investigated Guandique clueless crowd.

When we level out around picnic grove 18, we'll take the jurors out the No Horses path and have them look downhill. They can look but they won't see where Chandra was found. If we give one of let's say someone who has been a bit obnoxious on this journey a good shove, they'll slide right by Chandra's remains location at a fairly high rate of speed before sailing off over the quarry cliff. Well, let's not do that and just say we did.

That's clue 4 for the oh if only the DC police had investigated Guandique clueless crowd.

We'll complete our excursion by walking the jury down past picnic grove 17 on the horse trail to Beach Drive. It will take awhile. We now arrive down on Beach Drive, look around, and say now what does that have to do with Guandique's assaults on Beach Drive?

If you are skeptical of that, try it yourself first.

Resuming our challenge of US prosecutors claims, this being the lack of timeliness of investigating Guandiique, three months later Guandique was sentenced to ten years prison for the two assaults, the sentence nearing completion now. Four months later Guandique was given a polygraph asking about Chandra's murder, which he passed, and a prison inmate who claimed he confessed to him failed his. This was three months before Chandra's remains were found.

My challenge to US prosecutors would be, show us what is untimely about that. The only thing untimely is that the truth is not what the government is claiming or even wants the jury to know.

There is never a timely moment for that.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: In Real-time Reply with quote

The illusion of "untimeliness" the prosecution is trying to create is in direct contrast to the fact that the original D.C. police investigators did not believe that Chandra was murdered in the park. They believed her body was "dumped" there. They were also absolutely aware that Guandique was in no position to have murdered Chandra, as he was in police custody at the time that the actual murder was committed.
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Prosecutors admit police initially botched Chandra Levy murd Reply with quote

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/10/08/101814/prosecutors-admit-police-initially.html

Michael Doyle article. I didn't really see anything new. It is easy enough to demonstrate that the investigation was botched in any number of ways.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/08/AR2010100804731.html

And Susan Levy will be permitted to attend the trial.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Tit-for-Tat Reply with quote

Thanks for the article, Sigsky. I am always amazed that Guandique's prison tatoos are always emphasized in the press, but little, if anything, is said about Chandra's rose tatoo and the fact that potential witnesses saw someone with her description, including tatoo, in the Adams-Morgan area after the media-sanctioned time of her disappearance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: