www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yeardley Love lacrosse Player killed by ex lover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Yeardley Love lacrosse Player killed by ex lover Reply with quote

Fair use
Yeardley Love, Univ. of Virginia lacrosse player, found dead; George Huguely charged with murder
BY Teri Thompson and Mitch Abramson
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITERS

Originally Published:Monday, May 3rd 2010, 2:13 PM
Updated: Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 8:15 AM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2010/05/03/2010-05-03_virginia_mens_lacrosse_player_george_huguely_charged_with_murder_of_womens_playe.html#ixzz0n9tLPWmX

When police were called to a Charlottesville, Va., apartment at 2:15 a.m. Monday, they expected to find a possible alcohol overdose.

Instead, they found an unresponsive 22-year-old University of Virginia women's lacrosse player whose body showed signs of physical trauma, and have now charged a member of the top-ranked men's team with first-degree murder in a case that may recall the Duke sexual abuse incident because of the seriousness of the charges and the perceived affluence of the people and the sport involved.

Police said Monday that fourth-year Virginia lacrosse player George Huguely has been charged in the death of Yeardley Love of Cockeysville, Md., who was also a fourth-year student at the school and a lacrosse player.

Huguely, 22, of Chevy Chase, Md., is in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, according to a statement from police.

According to police chief Tim Longo, Love was found in bed by a roommate at the apartment she shared with two female friends about three blocks from the UVA campus. Once police found Love, "the obvious physical trauma to her" led them to start a murder investigation, Longo said. Later, Huguely was questioned at his apartment and arrested at about 6 a.m.

In a statement, police said that Love and Huguely had a past relationship but have not released further details about the crime.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2010/05/03/2010-05-03_virginia_mens_lacrosse_player_george_huguely_charged_with_murder_of_womens_playe.html

story at link

May she rest in peace.
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Fuberal service Reply with quote

This story is so sad. A young beautiful girl beaten to death by another young perosn who was an ex-boyfriend. Today she was laid to rest.

May she rest in peace and my thoughts are with her family, and friends.

Goz

Fair Use
Fox News
UVA Lacrosse Player Laid to Rest
May 8, 2010 - 8:16 PM | by: Sarah Courtney

Snip
http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/05/08/uva-lacrosse-player-laid-to-rest/?test=latestnews

This was read at her funeral. All her hopes and dreams stolen away. It made me weep.

Quote:
The program for Love’s funeral service included a personal essay Love wrote her freshman year in high school in which she expressed her goals and ambition: “After college, I hope to attend Virginia Law School for three years; and after that, I wish to have a family and become a lawyer. If I had to wish for three things in my life, they would be to go to University of Virginia for college, have a happy and healthy family when I grow up, and to always keep in touch and stay close with my family.”

Please click link for story about the service

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Interesting article on the case/ Domestic Violence Reply with quote

Interesting article on the case, also expressing how the male was controlling and showing signs before he killed her of being obessive and controlling sometimes texting her over and over. He had stalked her. Also, he had hit before when he thought a friend kissed her even though they were not involved. The signs were there that he was violent, and was ready to go off, IMO.

Goz

Fair Use
Why did Yeardley Love have to die?
By L. Jon Wertheim
This story appears in the May 17 issue of Sports Illustrated

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/magazine/05/11/virginia.lacrosse/index.html

Snip

Quote:
The investigation quickly led police to the nearby apartment of George ­Huguely, a letterman on the men's ­lacrosse team. ­Huguely, a fourth year with male-­model looks, had dated Love, but they had recently broken up. After being taken to Charlottes­ville police headquarters, ­Huguely waived his Miranda rights and offered chilling details of his assault on Love. According to an affidavit, he stated that he kicked open Love's locked bedroom door; he then "shook Love, and her head repeatedly hit the wall." (Before his bio was removed from the UVA athletics website, the 6'2" Huguely was listed at 209 pounds, almost twice Love's estimated weight.) Huguely also disclosed that he left Love's apartment carrying her laptop with the intention of disposing of it.

Barely four hours after Love's body was discovered, police charged Huguely with first-degree murder. There were no other suspects. Huguely was taken from the police station and is now in a four-by-eight cell in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. His bail hearing is not scheduled until next month, by which time the police should have his toxicology report. Huguely's lawyer, Francis Lawrence, asserted last week, "We are confident that Miss Love's death was not intended, but an accident with a tragic outcome."

Snip
"Anyone can be a perpetrator, anyone can be a victim. It's about power, about people who exhibit controlling behavior. This case might look aberrant, but sadly, it's not."
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: People Magazine Reply with quote

Story on the cover of this weeks People. Just letting everyone know. Will review if I read it.

Goz
Happy Weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: