www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Car at the Murder Scene Reply with quote

Hi, you all!
What "murder scene" is the defense referring to in its request for forensic examinations of the "car that was sighted at the murder scene"? Are the defense attorneys referring to the "staged" murder scene or the real one?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Rainbow, it would be the staged murder scene, to some varying degree. Given the prosecution contention, the murder scene in their eyes apparently runs the length of Beach Drive below Ridge Road, over the entire hill, and down the other side and the length of Broad Branch Road below the No Horses trail.

Basically includes as much of Rock Creek Park as they need to spin any scenario involving Guandique.

Now how a car somewhere in that staged murder arena could have been identified months later as potential evidence in Chandra's murder remains a mystery, about as much of a mystery as the rest of their case against Guandique.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Doyle of McClatchy News reports on the briefs filed concerning request to move trial. Interestingly, prosecution says:

Prosecutors added that "citizens in the District of Columbia have been contacted and asked a number of questions regarding the criminal justice system in general and the murder of Chandra Levy in particular." Prosecutors say they don't yet know if this was being done by the defense team; perhaps, to provide further evidence for the change-of-venue request.

Levy slaying prosecutors opposing efforts to move trial
By Michael Doyle
McClatchy Newspapers
March 10, 2010

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/03/10/90159/levy-slaying-prosecutors-opposing.html
jane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rd and Rainbow! Rainbow, have you seen an article that uses the wording "car that was sighted at the murder scene" (which you posted in quotes, above)? If so, I can't find it - could you post a link?
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Doyle piece rd. I find the prosecution argument against change-of-venue to be compelling. I think I agree that the national attention creates a problem regardless of trial location.

I'm also interested in the car at the murder scene Rainbow.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think you're right, sigsky. I would be very surprised if change of venue is granted.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: "Car Story"! Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
I'm sorry that I didn't include the link regarding the car. I was probably interrupted by something at work. Here is the excerpt from the AP article, which can be found in the "Articles in Chronological Order" section of the forum.

Defense in Chandra Levy case seeking more evidence
By NAFEESA SYEED Associated Press Writer
01/29/2010

At Friday's hearing, Guandique's public defender, Maria Hawilo, said defense attorneys want to evaluate dozens of items and possibly perform more tests. Hawilo said that includes material taken from Levy's apartment, the site where her remains were found, a car that was parked near the park, and former California congressman Gary Condit's apartment.

Thank you for being so sharp, Jane! The article refers to "a car that was parked near the park". I must have been reading too deeply between-the-lines. Coincidentally, the witness(es)' sighting of someone closely resembling Chandra, inclusive tatto, in the Adams-Morgan area between May 9-11, 2001, which incidentally was reported to D.C. police, FBI, private investigators and others (and not reported in the press), had a possible car connection, I am told. Moreover, the locations (sighting of someone closely resembling Chandra, Chandra's apartment, G.C.'s condo and the park) are all within a short driving distance of one another, (the staged murder scene excluded, which requires some additional belaying and repelling maneuvers!).
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: "You will be my music. You will be my song!" Reply with quote

Hi again!
Has any infomation been made public about the cassette (or cd?) that was found at the staged murder scene? The reason I am asking is that the witness(es)' sighting I referred to in the above-mentioned post also involved a cd and/or cassette shop.
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Recent News Reply with quote

Such as it is.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/04/29/93150/saturday-marks-9-years-since-chandra.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had threads Two Years Later and Five Years Later. I guess Nine Years Later is a Guandique trial thread.

Wait, make that a Guandique pre-trial motion thread.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Hearing scheduled for a.m. 5/14/2010 Reply with quote

Maybe this will be outcome of change of venue motion. Not sure what else but I guess we'll know later today.

http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12481072
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, looks like this is the scheduled May hearing for that. Article says there are several rulings expected.

Maybe hearing has already been held. It was for Friday morning, and I'm posting this at noon hour.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Judge likely to allow past evidence in Chandra Levy case Reply with quote

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1989026

I'm not sure the circumstances under which this announcement was made. Seems pertinent information which the jury should hear.

I'm reading "Finding Chandra". Through 100 pages have encountered much background information not relative to the case. I was able to easily get this from the library despite it being new. Only a few of us following this anymore.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly is pertinent information, sigsky, I agree. It is important for people to know all the facts. For example, this:

The judge says he'll make his final ruling on July 16, but told Guandique's lawyers to prepare for jurors to hear about these earlier crimes.

Earlier than what? Earlier than now? Isn't everything that happened before now earlier?

It implies that the crimes were earlier than Chandra's disappearance and murder, and I can go out and cite any number of Finding Chandra book reviewers in the press and on Amazon who believe exactly that. Except it isn't true.

So knowledge is important to be able to understand, and the more one understands the closer to a correct judgement will be rendered.

However, I will never allow these people to get the conversation to Chandra in the park without establishing how they place her in the park other than her body being dumped there by someone she knew with a car.

I will be glad to see the prosecution ripped apart on the facts. They deserve every humiliation that will be bestowed upon them when people take up this saga again in full force.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Greek Chorus Reply with quote

As the song goes, "I second that emotion!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: