www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Status Hearing to be held today Reply with quote

Apparently a status hearing will be held this morning for Guandique. No real information here.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/national/story/Hearing-set-for-man-accused-in-Levy-slaying/8uMRBIDITkiTF0VQpROKRQ.cspx
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Story on today's hearing Reply with quote

I'm impressed by the efforts of the defense attorneys so far.

http://www.modbee.com/breakingnews/story/1028533.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what became of the January Guandique hearing, sigsky. Yes, excellent work by defense attorneys Maria Hawila and Santha Sonenberg.

By the way, the original trial was scheduled to start now, and taking a look at DC I think you can see now why I was vehemently opposed to letting those slick Fed prosecutors slide this one through in a deep freeze. I know they thought that was pretty cute. Didn't figure their star informant would refuse to answer questions is what tripped them up. Deservedly so. They're dancing with who they brung.

Ironically, next hearing is May 14. That's when Chandra's disappearance became public, after police talked to Condit and he told them she was so obsessed with him he had to refuse to answer her repeated calls and he didn't know what she might do. And oh by the way, he alone could only have said, Rock Creek Park is her favorite place to jog.

The DC police started searching under a Rock Creek Park pathway bridge near Condit's condo as soon as they talked to him. Police used that quote from an unnamed "friend" to reporters who repeated it endlessly... until Chandra was found in Rock Creek Park.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Sigsky - the defense is playing a tough game, as they should. I'm also thinking the judge seems to be fair, so far.
jane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Somehow I posted my last post before I saw your second-last post, rd (even though there was 4 min. between). I hadn't noticed the date set for the next hearing being in May - very true about the weather difference (especially now, as we're in the throes of global warming - I mean climate change!)

Picturing the prosecution dancing with the jailbirds they brung - such an enchanting thought...
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Mishaps continue in Chandra Levy murder trial Reply with quote

Saturday, January 30, 2010

THE DISTRICT

Levy case mishaps

Lawyers in the Chandra Levy murder trial acknowledged another error in processing evidence against Ingmar Guandique, the man police and prosecutors say killed the former intern.

At a status conference in D.C. Superior Court for Guandique, who is charged with first-degree murder in Levy's death, Assistant U.S. Attorney Fernando Campoamor-Sanchez said his office sent an envelope to Guandique's defense attorneys containing a hair from a skull found in Rock Creek Park at the time Levy's body was found. But Guandique's attorney, Maria Hawilo of the District's Public Defender Service, said that when her office opened the envelope, the hair was missing.

The hair mishap was at least the third such error involving the handling of evidence in the case. During hearings last year, prosecutors acknowledged that two people involved in the case contaminated evidence with their own DNA.

Levy went missing in 2001. Her remains were found a year later in Rock Creek Park. Guandique, who has been serving a 10-year sentence for attacks on other women in the park, has pleaded not guilty. His trial is set for October.

-- Keith L. Alexander

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/29/AR2010012904253.html
jane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the prosecution sent an empty envelope, hoping the defense would blame themselves and keep quiet about it.
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Levy Case: Lawyers given access to Condit items Reply with quote

Here is another tidbit from Saturday:

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/1028941.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Evidence of things not seen. . . Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
Fascinating developments, I agree. I wonder what "evidence" was found in her apartment. I was of the impression that it had been "sanitized". . . wiped clean. Items that were connected with her closest personal relationship(s?) which should have been there weren't there any longer. Signs (fingerprints, etc.) of the closest person/people to her were erased--wiped clean. I wonder how the purported "lack" of evidence is going to be handled
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you had that impression, Rainbow. Certainly it's been stated in forums through the years and I've never understood it. It was brought to my old bachelor mentality that unless there was a candy box momento that Chandra had saved from Valentine's Day, her apartment had been sanitized.

To which I could only reply that I'm glad I'm an old bachelor geezer.

On the contrary, the true test is whether anything given to Anne Marie was missing from Chandra's apartment. And the answer is sort of yes and no, the ankle bracelet given to Anne Marie and Chandra for Valentine's Day was said to be missing from Chandra's apartment by DC police, but claimed by Washington Post at the end of their series summer before last to have been found by one of their reporters rummaging through Chandra's belongings held by police. To which Chandra's family was not allowed to see?

Maybe we can find out what's behiind this claim when she comes out with her book. Ought to be a fascinating rehash of that fascinatingly vapid series.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Clean-up Reply with quote

Hi RD and friends!
From what I understand, her apartment was "sanitized"--wiped clean. So, that would include personal things that a girl would have received from her lover and forensic evidence, like fingerprints that should have been on her computer, but weren't there.
sigsky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow et al,

Now I'm confused. Was there ever any indication that Chandra's apartment had been sanitized to remove forensic evidence before the belated police visit? If so, I have some remedial reading to do.
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is overlooked in this is that Condit and by extension Chandra acted as undercover agents. The assumption that Chandra kept items identifying Condit outside of what was the cover story, a picture of her and Condit and Jennifer Baker, has no basis whatsoever.

What we have here is a general belief on the one hand in the way girls operate and on the other a very specific knowledge of how Chandra operated.

Yes, she was very proud of the gift from her government friend, and no, she would not in any way operate in a manner that would identify him as her government friend.

The lack of her fingerprints on her laptop as never been indicated in any way, and if there had been such an indication we certainly would have had it here. Now granted, we don't have a specific statement from the DC police or FBI who processed the evidence that Chandra's fingerprints were on the laptop, or for that matter, on anything.

What I do know is that Condit gave Chandra and Anne Marie identical presents and made identical statements so that he could be consistent with two mistresses. I know that Chandra operated in secrecy, in no way identifying Condit (other than one verbal slip to her aunt Linda imitating an operator answering Condit's office phone, which Linda assured her she had not heard when Chandra asked. This was the only way we knew it was Condit until police revealed seven years later that Condit's DNA was found on her intimates.)

So for this if girlie doesn't have presents in her apartment the apartment has been sanitized of the presents to have a basis, one must ignore that Condit didn't give Chandra gifts he didn't give Anne Marie, one must believe that Chandra would break cover and keep identifiable items in her apartment that she never would do, and one has to throw in a never before known thing that would have resounding repercussions, that her fingerprints weren't on her laptop computer, to give this sanitized apartment legs, which we all must admit, has a nice ring to it.

Takes me back to 2001 when this kind of stuff streamed off of chandralevy.com every day.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rainbow, sigsky, rd and everyone!

Two issues, rd:

1, I didn't know that
Quote:
police revealed seven years later that Condit's DNA was found on her intimates.

2, I disagree that any old type of memento would have identified Condit as the significant other. For instance, something from a restaurant or bar, such as a set of chopsticks or a coaster wouldn't necessarily point to a guy in general, nor any particular guy. Or a pressed flower or leaf or whatever. You bachelor geezer!
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Omission of Evidence Reply with quote

Hi everybody!
There was a mention of the "cleansing" of the apartment in a major publication. I am trying to track it down. Moreover, this fact was confirmed in conversations that people close to the investigation had with detectives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: