www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Released today by AP. I haven't seen the indictment itself.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jqpMovRxpds8AVyVMwy0jExDJ-tAD9CBVR401 (fair use)

Man accused in Levy slaying faces new charges

By SARAH KARUSH (AP) - December 3, 2009

WASHINGTON — The man accused of killing Washington federal intern Chandra Levy in 2001 has been charged with threatening a witness in the case.

A superseding indictment filed Wednesday in D.C. Superior Court charges Ingmar Guandique (gwan-DEE'-kay) with obstructing justice, threatening to injure a person and conspiracy. Guandique was charged in April with first-degree murder and other counts in connection with Levy's death. He has pleaded not guilty to those charges.

According to the new indictment, Guandique wrote a note from jail threatening to kill the witness or the witness's family and had someone deliver it to the witness. The indictment says a second threatening letter was mailed to the witness by someone involved in the alleged conspiracy.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, sigsky. We will see what develops from the handwriting analysis that the defense will do from handwriting sample ordered by court at request of defense.

Defense states that at least one of the two death threat letters is the handwriting of the inmate claiming to have received them when he refused to answer discovery questions about his "cellmate confession" story.

I wonder if the death threat letters and handwriting samples from Guandique and the inmate will be made available as part of this indictment?

The timing of the death threat letters I think is strange in that the inmate didn't receive them until he had to answer questions about his story. He told the story quite some time back, at least a year before he came up with the letters. All of this taking place in DC now I guess.

Wouldn't prison offiicials know what Guandique sent out in mail? His mail is not inspected?

Obviously there is the alleged gang that is doing Guandique's biddng (at least the ones he hasn't murdered, according to the prosecutors), and obviously the inmate can get someone else to write a letter so it wouldn't be in his handwriting, so handwriting doesn't mean everything, but if it seems to be in Guandique's or the inmate's handwriting, that helps make things clearer.

I have difficulty believing Guandique made threats after being brought to DC and talking with public defender rather than long before when he and the inmate were out in California. Possible he didn't know who all were telling cellmate confession stories until brought to DC, I don't know, but doesn't make sense he would threaten someone telling such stupid stories.

From the article:
According to the new indictment, Guandique wrote a note to a witness identified only as "J.G." and had someone deliver it. The note threatened to kill J.G. or J.G.'s family if J.G. cooperated with law enforcement in the case against Guandique.

I will say this. If Guandique did something this stupid, then he deserves being sentenced to as many years as the charges warrant.

Whoever is involved, death threats or fake death threats, shouldn't be allowed to see the light of day unfettered by bars for several more years. We need to keep all these violent criminals away from normal human beings, and monitored to ensure that when they are released on probation.

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This from Michael Doyle's report:

http://www.kansascity.com/437/story/1608476.html
Levy slaying suspect charged with threatening witness
By MICHAEL DOYLE
McClatchy Newspapers
December 3, 2009

<excerpt>

"Persons, whose identities are unknown to the grand jury, wrote or caused to be written a letter threatening to kill J.G. and J.G.'s family if J.G. continued to cooperate with law enforcement in the investigation and prosecution of Ingmar Guandique," the new indictment says.

end quote

So all these threats are anonymous? Threats are very serious, but should there be lack of any information at all of who wrote the notes or conveyed oral threats, of how these threats were generated or conveyed, given the convenient timing of coming when the inmate is using them as an excuse to refuse to answer questions about his stupid bogus stories, they should be suspect of being as made up as the rest of his stories.

I hate criminals, gangs, the whole subculture of people who are little more than packs of wolves, and we need many square miles of worthless desolate scrub land for roomy individual cages to drop them along with daily MRE's, but there'd better be something these prosecutors have more than more made up stories from this inmate.

They haven't so far. Adding more of the same to their previous mischief is third world territory.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it impossible that the threatened witness is not an inmate? I'd like to rule that out because it would be pretty scary! A written threat to another inmate? - I thought that was all done by word of mouth. Certainly Guandique's outgoing mail would be censored, but it would be easy for a departing convict to smuggle a message out and mail it. Waiting to know more --
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I'd say it could be ruled out, sigsky. The threatened person was clearly the most recent inmate telling stories, the one referred to prominently in the first indictment.

And this would have taken place in DC, I believe. He was transferred elsewhere for his protection after his death threat claims, but sounded like he was transferred first to DC like Guandique to participate in the trial and pre-trial discovery, which he refused to do, citing death threats.

Defense noted his refusal to the judge and asked for a handwriting sample be obtained from him, saying he had written at least one of the two threat notes.

If you're a prosecutor with that as your star witness, you've got two choices, maybe one politically acceptable one, and they went farther down that road.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, here is a link to the new indictment

http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=94554

Note that a written note was sent via US Mail. Wouldn't that tend to indicate that "JG" is not an inmate?
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, they're saying the threat through the mail came from Guandique gang associates. The gang is apparently terrified of Guandique wiping them out like he did the gang that helped him murder Chandra.

yada yada yada

Our public servants, inspiring us with their brilliance.

rd
lector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two written items mentioned in the Seventh Count of the indictment:

a note, delivered directly to JG, via an intermediary whose identity is known to the grand jury;

a letter, delivered to persons unspecified, placed into the mails by intermediaries whose identities are unknown to the grand jury.

Guandique is mentioned as a possible author of the note, but not of the letter.

There may be an attempt to imply that the letter was delivered to a member of JG's family but this is not actually stated. We don't know who received the letter.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I find of most interest is that defense felt confident in stating that the inmate wrote one of the threatening notes to himself.

Were they just planting seeds of doubt, or is the note as obviously written by the inmate as they indicated?

rd
lector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
what I find of most interest is that defense felt confident in stating that the inmate wrote one of the threatening notes to himself.

Were they just planting seeds of doubt, or is the note as obviously written by the inmate as they indicated?

rd

The fact that Guandique is not named in the portion of the indictment dealing with the letter, as opposed to the note, is interesting in this context.
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another link for the not guilty plea. I have removed the others. No idea why that happened.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/105/story/1229344.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: What's Good for the Goose. . . Reply with quote

I just find it terribly hypocritical of the prosecution to ignore evidence and claims from those who pursued the "suspect(s)" in the original investigation and go after Guandique for "obstruction of justice", etc.. In effect, the prosecutors and "fresh" investigative team are "ignoring" the "suborning of perjury", "obstruction of justice" charges, and claims by witnesses that they were strongly encouraged to "drop" their efforts in continuing along the original investigatory lines.
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Supreme Court Case may affect Guandique trial Reply with quote

Interesting analysis

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/nation/story/80915.html
lector

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Supreme Court Case may affect Guandique trial Reply with quote

sigsky wrote:
Interesting analysis

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/nation/story/80915.html

Good spotting. All we can do is sit back & watch.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about a meeting of the minds. Three DC detectives go to a California prison to act like Mafia goons or something and lie to Guandique about finding his DNA on Chandra.

I have no respect for anyone in that room.

On tv, it's cute. The prisoner breaks down and cries and says he didn't mean to do it.

These DC people just have years worth of making idiotic statements to Guandique who makes idiotic statements back.

It's the saddest legacy of Chandra's murder I could ever have imagined, trial of idiots by idiots.

The shakedown in the California federal prison by these DC goons was on September 9, 2008, just long enough for the ink to dry on the Washington Post series that tried to clear Condit by framing Guandique.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: