www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique Trial Postponed, New charges to come!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Greek Chorus Reply with quote

Rainbow wrote:
As the song goes, "I second that emotion!"

thanks, Rainbow.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Finished Finding Chandra Reply with quote

Thought I would submit my book report. Most of the new stuff here pins down dates and people. There is some interesting info about a meeting on 7/26/2001 at Lowell's office which included Condit and FBI agents Garrett and Thomas which is either new or something I just missed. Garrett is interviewing Condit not as a suspect but trying to obtain more personal information about Chandra hoping to reveal other possible leads.

Nothing about the missed Congressional votes on May 17th or the phone call from Condit to Anne Marie Smith from Luray, VA. I'm still able to get the Smith affidavit from the Internet which states she received the call so I have to believe it happened.

The most glaring ommission I would have to say is background information about Chandra, what she liked to do, how she spent her time. Maybe that information is hard to get given that she was not really close to anyone in Washington other than Condit.

The book is well footnoted and indexed but didn't give me much useful that wasn't in the Post articles.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info, sigsky. The FBI interview with Condit seeking more information about Chandra was covered, but would be easy to miss. I have the articles in the archives where the DC police are quoted repeatedly that Condit was interviewed not as a suspect but to help them find Chandra, and that the FBI sat in on it.

That of course isn't the line the Washington Post reporters are feeding people, so we can understand if they leave that little bit of history out of it.

People will need to read here to find the history left out though.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Chandra Levy murder suspect momentarily released! Reply with quote

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1995895

Relax, it's only for a handwriting test but I can't imagine why they couldn't do this in prison.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense was also trying to get a handwriting sample from the cellmate confession inmate who claimed he couldn't answer any questions because he received the threatening letter.

They weren't really successful getting anything out of him, hence the trial delay. DC prosecutors apparently haven't promised enough rewards to their main witness yet.

You gotta love watching incompetent people being incompetent.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sigsky & rd!

sigsky wrote, "... I can't imagine why they couldn't do this [handwriting testing] in prison." My thought exactly.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took an advanced perp walk class.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news on the Guandique penmanship test from Michael Doyle.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/07/12/97369/guandique-man-accused-in-chanda.html

Draw your own conclusions. I don't know what to think!
rd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good thing. The more information out there, the better to reach the truth.

Doyle reports that the handwriting will not only be compared to the threatening letter to the "cellmate confession" guy, but also to a letter another "cellmate confession" guy (at least I think it's a different one) says Guandique wrote him confessing to the murder.

(Confession in writing - you gotta love it. If there's anything evil people in prison can think of to do, they will think of it and do it - especially when encouraged and rewarded by prosecutors and police.)

Interestingly, Doyle quotes a sentence from the "written confession" in the affidavit that Guandique is said by a former cellmate to have written to him. It is quoted in English, with no mention of a Spanish translation.

But give it a read anyway as quoted. Reminds me of Patsy Ramsey's kidnap note. The only thing it's missing is an "and hence":

“What I think about what we spoke when we met, is that you are a good friend, because not everybody keeps to himself something like what I told you,”

Hysterical.

rd
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Levy Suspect's Fellow Inmates May Testify Reply with quote

This is a disturbing development. Only two weeks to prepare for these witnesses given everything else that needs to be done. Is the prosecution protecting the heart of their case and is Judge Fisher complicit?

http://cbs13.com/wireapnewsca/Prosecution.may.call.2.1809599.html
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the legal options are, but I would challenge the court that the US government is attempting to rig a secret kangaroo court under false pretenses. Their own malicious winners of a prison creative writing contest refuse to answer questions by pretending they are threatened.

Granted, that wouldn't go over too well with the judge. But then since what does dealing with the the truth have to do with it? I'll be suprised if they don't declare this a national security issue and summarily execute Guandique in secret for refusing to vindicate a Congressman of murder.

They have Guandique's handwriting sample. Make them prove Guandique is threatening their fantasy addled inmates before claiming it in court as an excuse for secrecy.

Heck, I wouldn't even demand uncontested proof. Just reasonable evidence the government isn't conspiring with other inmates just as evil and dangerous as they claim Guandique is.

You know, like showing the letters and notes these inmates came up with bear Guandique's writing, since they're written in first person. "You are such a good friend" ad nauseum.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Political Correctness or Incorrectness Reply with quote

So, why is the alleged intimidation of witnesses issue more important in this version of the case than in the past version, e.g. Anne Marie Smith, Jim Robinson, Jolie Mckay-Argentini, etc.?
sigsky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Suspect in Levy slaying deemed an 'extreme flight risk' Reply with quote

Details of Guandique court appearance on Friday. I can't say I am surprised at any of the judicial decisions. Guandique's prior arrests are critical to the prosecution's case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/16/AR2010071605988.html
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be mind-boggling not to discuss Guandique's attacks six days, two weeks, and six weeks after Chandra disappeared.

Moreover, it is critical to an informed jury and public, and a correct finding, to discuss in depth. I count on the defense to do just that.

I won't go into the details yet again here, but the attacks show that Guandique was not the sophisticated bondage facade murderer of Chandra Levy a few days and weeks before, and further discussion should show that neither Chandra nor Guandique would willingly be up on a remote horse trail at the top of a lonely forest, that Tuesday afternoon or ever.

Indeed, discuss Guandique's following crimes and Chandra's life in the weeks prior to her disappearance in great detail. It makes a mockery of the US government's prosecution.

Also, as I considered adding the other day, I would not have been surprised if they executed Guandique by claiming he was trying to escape. They always do that in the movies. But they're milking it. They're still claiming he tried to escape, for some reason they weren't able to shoot him yet.

The prosecutors are probably ticked off.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also rather amusing, Feds originally said this would be a two week trial. That's when it was supposed to be steamrolled through in mid-January.

Then they decided that, you know, maybe we're not ready for this after all. So postponed for almost a year, much to dismay of Washington Post reporters who were planning a book release celebration for Guandique's conviction to much fanfare.

Then statements from court started referring to as a four week trial. Defense started giving the prosecutors the heebeejeebies with their information requests and challenges.

Now, trial is said by court to be a six week trial. Maybe the federal prosecutors think they'll be done by then, but there's a whole lot of questions going to be asked for the jury's benefit before this goes to them.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: