www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kristi Cronwell, 38, GA 8/11/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Kristi Cronwell, 38, GA 8/11/09 Reply with quote

Missing 8/11/09 From GA

Description:

Dark Hair

White Female

5 Feet 5 Inches

Contact Union County Police
706-439-6066
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: link Reply with quote

The boyfriend is not a suspect in this case to date. He was in Atlanta at the time of the abduction.

Fair Use
Missing Blairsville woman’s items found
GBI looking for white SUV and tan or gold car seen in area that night
By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Staff writer Christian Boone contributed to this report

http://www.ajc.com/news/missing-blairsville-womans-items-114119.html?cxtype=rss_news_81963

Snip

It’s a road rarely traveled, but Kristi Cornwell knew it well.

GBI Law enforcement officials say Kristi Cornwell, the Blairsville woman missing since Tuesday night, was abducted.

Cornwell’s family lives on Jones Creek Road in Blairsville, and she didn’t think twice about walking the four-mile loop alone at night.

And she hasn’t been seen or heard from since leaving her parents’ home Tuesday for some exercise. As Cornwell, 38 walked, she talked to her boyfriend, Douglas Davis, on the phone. His next call would be the police.

She likely was abducted while exercising, police say.

“The boyfriend was in Atlanta when they were talking,” according to John Bankhead, spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Reliable witnesses have reported two vehicles in the area around the time Cornwell may have been abducted, and neither one belongs to anyone on the country road, Bankhead said.

The GBI is now looking for a large-size white SUV, and a tan or gold subcompact car, possibly a Toyota or Nissan, he said.

Snip
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Search Reply with quote

This woman has been gone since Tuesday. Let us hope there is still a chance she is alive even though she has been gone a few days. Her boyfriend heard a struggle on the phone which doesn't sound promising. Searches are now being undertaken.

Fair Use
Hundreds Search for Missing Georgia Woman
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539328,00.html

Snip

BLAIRSVILLE, Ga. — Hundreds of people are searching for a woman missing since Tuesday who authorities say may have been abducted.

Kristi Cornwell was last seen walking along a north Georgia road and talking to her boyfriend. Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead says the boyfriend heard a "struggle" and called 911.

Snip

Several hundred people, including authorities from nearby police departments, are combing the north Georgia woods for the 38-year-old.

Snip
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz, we have too many deviants running around looking for victims. I doubt this was a first time offender who strayed on his way to church. Usually these are deviant men who have been caught more than once and aren't serving the time they should be, and then aren't monitored for the mandatory probationary period following release from jail or prison.

In short, and I know we agree on this, we are letting this happen over and over because we don't watch them as close as they watch for their next victim. And I don't see anything that will change that.

Just as long as the next missing woman isn't someone's wife or girlfriend or mother or daughter or loved one, life goes on. Nothing will move us to action to keep these predators from roaming for their next victim.

rd

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It has to be a stranger abduction as the bf was not even close to where she was abducted. You are correct in all you say. Too many maniacs just not been watched out there who need to be monitored on a daily basis.

I do not think, sadly, that she is alive at this point.

Article to post- they found her cell phone and are looking for two cars.

Will be in later with the link.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Link on phone and cars Reply with quote

Fair Use
WSBTB2
GBI: Man Mowing Lawn Finds Missing Woman's Cell Phone
Posted: 11:55 am EDT August 14, 2009
Updated: 6:01 pm EDT August 15, 2009

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/20398721/detail.html

Snip

BLAIRSVILLE, Ga. -- Authorities resumed the search Saturday for a missing Union County woman after they received a big break in the case Friday.

Divers were brought in to assist with search efforts Saturday.

A man, mowing his lawn, called the sheriff's office Friday evening to report that he had stumbled across a cell phone while working in his yard.

The sheriff's office confirmed to Channel 2 Action News reporter John Bachman that the phone indeed belonged to 38-year-old Kristi Leigh Cornwell, who investigators believe was kidnapped while going for a walk Tuesday night. No one has heard from her since.

Snip

Snip

GBI agents said they still have no suspects in the case. Some of Cornwell’s other belongings were previously found. Other leads have given agents two car descriptions to go on, police said.

Witnesses told investigators they saw a large, white SUV -- similar to a Suburban -- and a small, gold or tan subcompact car -- maybe a Toyota or Nissan -- driving slowly in the area of Jones Creek Road where Cornwell was last seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police Have Leads, No Suspects In Missing Woman Case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officials said they are looking to speak with the drivers of those vehicles.

Anyone with information about the case or the two vehicles seen in the area should call the Union County Sheriff’s Office tiplines at 706.835.2900 or 706.835.2902.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No news on the missing woman Kristi. So sad she has not been found yet. BF looks like he is in the clear. Let us pray she is found soon.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: website Reply with quote

http://kristicornwell.com/

put up by the family

contact numbers to call:

UNION COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE 706-439-6038

GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION TIP LINE: 800-597-8477
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Boyfriend thinks she is alive Reply with quote

It's nice to see that the BF is probably innocent in this case. She was probably abducted by a stranger but I do not think she is alive. I have to disagree with him. Sadly, but too much time has gone by.

Fair Use
Boyfriend of Missing Georgia Woman Abducted While Talking on Cell Phone Thinks She's Alive
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540968,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

Snip

The boyfriend of the woman who police say was abducted while talking on her cell phone says he had nothing to do with her disappearance and he believes she's still alive.

Douglas Davis told FOX News Thursday that he thinks that Kristi Cornwell's faith and strength will get her through the ordeal.

"My heart just won't give up," he said. "I won't give up. Neither will her family and friends."

He said on NBC's "Today" show that he believes 38-year-old Cornwell is OK because she is a "fighter."

Davis was talking to Cornwell on Aug. 11 when he overheard a struggle as she walked near her parents' home.

"I know she was frightened," he told FOX. "I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that she was being abducted. We were talking and she said, I need to get out of the way; there's a car coming."

Davis said he couldn't elaborate on other details of their conversation. Police have said he heard her pleading with her apparent captors, "Don't take me!"

Snip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: