www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Search Under Way for Missing Florida Jennifer Kesse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: New Search Under Way for Missing Florida Jennifer Kesse Reply with quote

Thought it was of great interest.

I wonder what prompted this new search all?

Fair Use
New Search Under Way for Missing Florida Woman Jennifer Kesse
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536040,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

Please click link for whole story

Snip

Family members launched a search for new clues Saturday in the case of a Florida woman believed to have been abducted from her home near a mall more than three years ago, MyFOXOrlando.com reported.

It wasn't clear whether there was anything specific that prompted the latest effort to find evidence about the 2006 disappearance of the 24-year-old woman, Jennifer Kesse.

About 70 certified volunteer searchers from around the state arrived in Orlando on Friday to help Kesse's parents find their missing daughter.

The trained searchers, many of whom are former or current firefighters, are funding the effort out of their own pockets, according to the local FOX affiliate.

Snip

Crews will be searching within a three-mile radius around John Young Parkway and Conroy Road on Saturday and Sunday. They'll use airboats with sonar, an amphibious vehicle, a remote-controlled drone airplane and cadaver dogs.

“This search is a joint ... effort with FL-3 ASAR as the sponsor of this mission working with five other top-notch certified search teams in Florida," according to a statement on a Web site established to find Kesse. "All six teams will take an equal part in this ... mission."

Snip

Anyone with any information is encouraged to call the Orlando Police Department at (407) 246-2470 or the Kesse family tip line at (407) 722-2162.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears to be a continuation of that search a few weeks ago where a trained dog hit on a spot in a field along a major road close to Jennifer's condo, about halfway to the Huntington Green where her car was parked. They were said to be trained searchers then too.

Orlando police dug up the spot with heavy equipment but didn't find anything.

I'm going to throw a personal opinion in here. I know that many will have the opinion that any search is a good thing, and all the rah rah stuff, but the search this weekend was again in a three mile area around Jennifer's condo.

There are several problems with this. First, the area was already searched by Texas Equusearch or some similar operation some time ago. It's not like it hasn't been searched. On the other hand, with the equipment and sonar I'm sure lakes and large ponds got searched that had never been searched that thoroughly.

But how does the abductor get the victim's body well out away from the shore of the lake, while also weighting it down so nothing surfaces? It's just not practical.

Which goes to my larger point, we're talking metro Orlando here in broad daylight when they believe Jennifer was abducted. I can't believe these experts have thought this through very carefully. Where do you take a female victim in broad daylight to victimize, murder, and disappear her? Within three miles of her condo in metro Orlando?

I'm sure we can trot out lots of woods and maybe some pretty secluded places in that area, but you also have to do this without being seen while subduing and keeping silent an abducted woman. And probably more importantly, the abductor needs to be somewhat familiar with the location. They are not going to kidnap a woman and then drive around nearby looking for a place to park.

The last clue that sheds light on this is the time that the abductor (and some believe an accomplice or a rube put up to it) parked Jennifer's car. At a minimum, four hours after she was believed to be abducted.

Really and truly, you have to consider that this guy drove the car somewhere in those four hours, and it wasn't within three miles. It was somewhere he was comfortable with and if seen wouldn't stand out as unusual.

Now I know that's not a real big help for where to search, but buried in a field within sight of a major road is pretty brazen, not to mention that these guys don't dig a grave and bury people. A couple of pre-planned murders have gone that way with help from an accomplice, but it just isn't done.

But I guess that isn't going to be considered helpful, as one can imagine the grief and turmoil the family is going through, but I have to call it like it is however helpful or unhelpful it is.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Search Yielded No Results Reply with quote

Orlando News--August 3, 2009--Home Page

Kesse Search Yields No Results
Volunteer Teams Scoured Area Near Missing Woman's Apartment

POSTED: Monday, August 3, 2009
UPDATED: 11:13 am EDT August 3, 2009

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20263651/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The weekend search came up empty, but Jennifer Kesse's parents said they believe they will eventually find out what happened to their missing daughter.

Dozens of trained volunteers, including a K-9 search team, combed the woods near Conroy Road this weekend.

The team also used a remote control plane to help guide searchers into open spaces that were hidden by overgrown trees and bushes.

Kesse was last seen at her apartment near the search area in January 2006.

"I am just floored with the way the search was run so professionally, really planned out," father Drew Kesse said. "The people are so passionate about what they do. It's amazing."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: