www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update: Ex Boxing Champ Gatti Kills Self -Wife Innocent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Update: Ex Boxing Champ Gatti Kills Self -Wife Innocent Reply with quote

Another killing of a young man by his wife. This just keeps happening over and over. Now women are killing their husbands too. She has not been charged yet but gave dift. accounts of the story.

Fair Use
Police Accuse Wife in Ex-Boxing Champ Arturo Gatti's Hotel Death
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531770,00.html?test=latestnews

Snip

SAO PAULO — Brazilian authorities detained the wife of former boxing champion Arturo Gatti and formally accused her Sunday of killing him at an upmarket seaside tourist resort in Brazil.

Police said 23-year-old Amanda Rodrigues was taken into custody after contradictions in her interrogation and presented a formal accusation against her. Prosecutors will later decide whether she will be charged.

Rodrigues, who denies any involvement in her husband's death, was the first to find the slain boxer's body early Saturday inside the vacation apartment they were renting at the Porto de Galinhas resort in northeastern Brazil, police said.

Snip

Snip

Police said Rodrigues, a Brazilian, could not explain how she spent nearly 10 hours inside the residence without noticing that Gatti was already dead.

Rodrigues told police she had a fight with Gatti after dinner Friday night and he pushed her to the ground during the altercation, causing her to sustain minor injuries to her elbow and chin.

Snip

Click link for story
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

It appears to me that she killed him according to the evidence that has been shown to us so far.

Fair Use
Police: Nothing Ruled out in Ex-Boxing Champ Arturo Gatti's Hotel Death
Monday, July 13, 2009

SNIP

RIO DE JANEIRO — Police investigating the death of former boxing champion Arturo Gatti are working on the assumption his wife strangled him with her purse strap while he drunkenly slept. The woman's lawyer, however, insists she is innocent and was too "fragile" to kill a boxer.

Lead investigator Moises Teixeira told The Associated Press on Monday nothing is being ruled out but he is certain the woman acted by herself.

• Click here for more photos.

"It was technically impossible for a third person to have been in the flat," where Gatti was found dead early Saturday, Teixeira said. "The investigation isn't finished, but we continue to think she did this alone."

Gatti's 23-year-old Brazilian wife, Amanda Rodrigues, told investigators she awoke Saturday about 6 a.m. to find her husband's body in the apartment they rented in Porto de Galinhas, a seaside resort in northeastern Pernambuco state.

Rodrigues told police she had a fight with Gatti after dinner Friday night and he pushed her to the ground, resulting in minor injuries to her elbow and chin. Witnesses also reported to police the couple fought and that Gatti was drunk.

SNIP

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532121,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Update on wife Reply with quote

IMO I think she killed him. I don't think by what I have read he took his own life.

Fair Use
Wife of Dead Boxer Remains in Jail Despite Doubts of Murder
Monday, July 20, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534127,00.html

Snip

RIO DE JANEIRO — The wife of dead boxer Arturo Gatti will remain in jail pending a decision on her release request, a Brazilian judge ruled Monday, despite an autopsy report casting doubts on whether the fighter was murdered.

Police, meanwhile, are backing off earlier strong statements that Gatti's wife was unquestionably responsible for his death. Earlier they said she undoubtedly strangled him with her purse strap while he slept.

Snip

On Saturday, authorities released an initial autopsy report that said Gatti could have died in an unexplained accident, been murdered, or committed suicide.

The report indicated Gatti died of asphyxiation after his body was "suspended and hanged."

Police said from the beginning they think Rodrigues strangled Gatti as he slept — and they have said they think the crime scene was altered before Rodrigues reported Gatti's death.

SNIP
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: On "Auto"-pilot Again? Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
This might be another case of a staged death by auto-erotic asphyxia. There seems to have been quite a few of these lately.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it in this case Rainbow but explain more.

Goz
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Manual Transmission Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
May be I ventured an opinion to soon. I need to do more research on this case, as well. I wish that there were more hours in the day. I don't know how you do it, but you do a fabulous job. We are all very grateful for your work, Goz.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know what you find out Rainbow on this case. Someone said they find it hard to believe she could have killed him with her purse strap considering the shape he was in. He had to be very drunk. I mean we know he was a boxer so this couldn't have been too easy to accomplish.

Thank you for the sweet words. I do appreciate it. I enjoy doing the work here.

Have a good upcoming weekend.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Wife Freed, death by killing self Reply with quote

I'm shocked, he killed himself. Dont understand why this man took his life but someone said they could not believe his wife could have killed him with her purse strap.

Fair Use
Boxer Arturo Gatti's Death Ruled a Suicide, Wife to be Released From Jail
Thursday, July 30, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535623,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

SNIP

RIO DE JANEIRO — Boxer Arturo Gatti's death was ruled a suicide by police Thursday and a a judge ordered the release of his wife, who was once suspected of killing the former champion.

Lead investigator Paulo Alberes told The Associated Press that authorities decided Gatti killed himself on July 11 while at a seaside resort in northeastern Brazil.

SNIP

SNIP

day after the 37-year-old Gatti was found dead, police said that his Brazilian wife, Amanda Rodrigues, had strangled him with her purse strap as he drunkenly slept.

But police began to back off the accusation about a week later after a coroner's report said Gatti may have killed himself as he was found "suspended and hanged." The autopsy report didn't exclude the possibility he was slain, but said he also could have died in an unexplained accident, besides killing himself.

SNIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: