www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guandique indicted by DC federal grand jury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigsky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane,

I agree. It would seem that the earliest trial would be better for Guandique. The prosecution's case is a joke although I am sure there is much we don't know. Yet his attorneys are pressing for postponement. Makes no sense to me but perhaps later it will.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigsky, if defense went in now they'd get steam rolled. Prosecution has thrown the sink and all the garbage that ever went down the drain in it at Guandique in a smear assault and hoped for scared out of his wits begging for mercy from these clowns.

If I had any money I would personally intervene and sue the government for manipulating the court (with or without the judge's acquiescence) into a January trial date, in the dead of winter. They deliberately did this to keep the jury from being able to witness the crime scene, the journey from Chandra's apartment to the crime scene, and the distances and heights involved between Guandique's assaults on Beach Road, and Ridge Road above and the cliffs on the other side above Broad Branch Road where Chandra was hidden.

Any decent defense would have argued this aggressively, braving with impunity impugning the judge's integrity if necessary to make it clear he needs to explain why he let the government manipulate him into that trial date. The government chose when to make the indictment, and the governent told this judge when they wanted the trial. I have no time for kangaroo courts, and it needs to be clear if this is one or not. So far the defense hasn't made the court explain itself, unless I find they did if I can get a hold of a transcript of this hearing and they did more than complain about not having enough time. Give me a break. They already did that in the last hearing. Unacceptable.

I'm apparently going to be spending days posting comments on all this garbage. It is wilder than the summer of Chandra since that summer was real doings by Condit while this is the most bizarre that prison inmates can come up with in an orgy of repentence and hoped for release.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Railroad is Running on Time Reply with quote

Great points for the defense, RD. The song is "The Merry, Merry Month of May", not January. And, she wasn't walking through any park, any way.
Here is the latest article by Michael Doyle, which was published on July 31, 2009, in the "Kansas City Star". There are claims of some real outlandish deeds mentioned in this article that Guandique is being accused of, most of which don't relate to the Chandra case at all.
I am also seriously offended that the prosecution termed the evidence that was collected in the investigation by the DC Police as "non-probative". That is a total lie.

http://www.kansascity.com/437/story/1357426.html

Judge rejects postponing Chandra Levy murder trial
By MICHAEL DOYLE
McClatchy Newspapers
July 31, 2009

(snip)

D.C. Superior Court Judge Geoffrey Alprin declined to postpone Guandique's Jan. 27 trial date, even as federal prosecutors unveiled more evidence. The evidence outlined in the latest filings ranges from testimony from a new witness to allegations about Guandique's behavior behind bars.

(snip)

"If called to testify, Witness Three would state that (Guandique) was often in trouble in jail for masturbating in front of female guards," prosecutors state in one filing, adding that Guandique told this same witness "he was known on the streets as 'Chucky' because he had a reputation for killing and chopping up people."

(snip)

In 31 pages filed with the court late Thursday, however, prosecutors further outlined their case against Guandique. The documents don't provide the name of any specific witness, nor are the allegations cited always confined strictly to Levy's 2001 murder.

One witness, a former cellmate, claims Guandique forced him to perform oral sex and also raped him at knifepoint.

"As defendant was raping Witness Two, he told (him) that he liked to do it to women like that," the prosecution filings state. "Defendant told Witness Two that he tied down the woman that he raped and killed in Washington, D.C."

Another witness told prosecutors that he or she was "walking along a trail" sometime prior to Levy's murder. This witness says he or she saw someone who looked like Guandique, who then "grabbed it by the shoulders, pushed it to the ground forcing it to sit and then stabbed it in the back."

In part, the latest court filings outline the estimated 5,000 pages of documents and other materials provided to Guandique's defense attorneys as part of the pretrial discovery process. They shed light on how the investigation has proceeded, including a previously undisclosed government plea offer that expired July 24.

From Guandique's prison cell, for instance, prosecutors found articles about Levy's disappearance as well as sketches and letters. Investigators say they found on Levy's tights "a mixture of DNA," none of which matched Guandique's.

(snip)

"In reviewing the files of the Metropolitan Police Department, we discovered two file drawers which are filled with documents memorializing Chandra sightings, hot line tips, psychic predictions and the like," Assistant U.S. Attorney Amanda Haines noted.

Haines offered to provide the latter information to Guandique's attorneys, though she added that "we do not believe that any of the information contained therein is probative."

click to read rest
http://www.kansascity.com/437/story/1357426.html

© Copyright McClatchy Newspapers
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public defenders being too busy to prepare for trial, give us more time, postpone (???) the trial is a non-starter and brain dead. Plus already been tried last time. A second run through of that tired garbage is unacceptable.

A good defense would have used figures for average time to trial and said wait a minute, where'd you come up with January, 2010 trial date? You're giving us less time than other cases, and our case is far more complicated. Who came up with this January date and why? If it's x months after the prosecution came out with this indictment, and I believe you government people are on the same page with this crap, they gamed you into declaring trial in the dead of winter so the jury will not be able to properly assess the crime scene and distances and heights involved between real and alleged attacks, and what it would take for Chandra to get there, because it wouldn't be a "nice day".

I'd say the defense may not care more than whether they have time to prepare or not, but being bushwhacked into a January trial date is being steam rolled by the prosecution. Their attention should be more on Guandique's right to a fair trial than wheher they have time to prepare for it. They'll never have enough time to prepare for it, it's too much and too complicated.

The prosecution thinks they'll just waltz through this in two weeks (judge's statement last time) and kangaroo court him. I would even press for change of venue if something as simple as having a trial in spring when the jury can examine the scenes involved can't be accomplished, not that they necessarily tried. I have to check to see if I can get a hold of the transcript of the hearing.

I googled a bunch, but it's an inside game as usual. You have to almost make a deal with the court reporter who covered the hearing (whoever that is), then hand carry a request form to a room in the courthouse, have a dialogue about a down payment, negotiate a per page price depending on how many days or weeks to wait for it, then come in and pay and get it.

You want to know who the court reporter is? You have to call and talk to someone. I can just imagine tryng to get through on that number.

On the other hand, allegedly transcripts are supposed to be posted on the web 90 days after the hearing by the court reporter, but I never heard anything about the last hearing making it to the web.

Not to mention exorbitant per page fees as well.

Legalcasedocs.com is no more. I couldn't find a replacement site nor anything that would seem to carry court transcripts for a fee. I assume WestLaw (associated with Lexix/Nexis) or a similar professional legal services company has them, but not sure how soon. And of course the services are for legal firms and priced accordingly.

Also implication is that transcript would be printed out pages to make it that much more difficult to communicate to others. Maybe if we were able to determine court reporter with a phone call, then call the court reporter, possibly it's not as FUBAR'ed as DC US District Court site describes, but I doubt it.

And I haven't even started breaking down this pile of garbage in the kitchen sink the prosecution threw at Guandique. Holy cow. This is as close as we're going to get to Running Man until they rig up some video of Guandique committing crimes that haven't occurred ala Minority Report.

rd
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Cover Up Reply with quote

There just has to be some kind of national security interest/foreign government interest involved in all of this. The whole thing has been fixed. The FBI (and probably D.C. Police), along with the Levy investigators and attorneys have the same information, as far as I am aware. And, it is "probative" , indeed.
There is a hitch, however, people loosely(or formerly) affiliated with a particular government agency (which might happen to be close to and/or the same one that is prosecuting the case) have told "people" with inside information to "drop" the case.
The DOJ is giving the public the impression that they want to use Guandique as a patsy and a possible gang informant. None of this has anything to do with the Chandra case.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That made more sense than anything the government is claiming.

rd
scott20037

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: WTOP: defense attorneys want DNA tests on 10 other suspects Reply with quote

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=596&sid=1730445

Chandra Levy murder suspect wants others investigated
July 31, 2009 - 4:24pm
Neal Augenstein, wtop.com

WASHINGTON - We're learning more this afternoon about possible defense strategies for the man charged with the murder of Chandra Levy.

Lawyers for Ingmar Guandique told the judge at D.C. Superior Court they have at least ten other people they want to investigate as possible suspects in Levy's murder.

Prosecutors have said that DNA found on Chandra Levys tights does not match Guandique, but his lawyers want to test it to see if it matches any of the other 10 possible suspects.

In a new court filing, one potential prosecution witness says he or she was raped by Guandique, at which point Guandique said he had previously tied up, raped, and killed Levy in D.C.

In a new court filing, one witness said Guandique claimed that he and two gang members killed Levy, burglarized her apartment, and then Guandique killed those two gang members. Police have never said Levy's apartment was broken into.

Several witnesses report Guandique bragging about crimes -- crimes that apparently never happened.

Trial is set for January.

(Copyright by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Neal Augenstein, wtop.com
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: The Innocence Project Reply with quote

Thank you, Scott. Wow!
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New thread added to discuss Guandique's Defense.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: