www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brittanee Drexel NY- 4/26/09-Myrtle Beach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z3r0Eff3ct wrote:
What would a 5 mile search radius be? Would it be 5 miles by 5 miles?

It would be 5 miles out from the center in all directions.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame they called the search off. I would like to find this young girl all. Are they going to be searching at all since you are keeping up? Is it possible she is still alive?

I don't think so myself..

Goz
Quote:
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad, goz, but after 11 days of searching including with dogs and helicopters, the body clearly isn't in the area. I assume they did underwater searches as well around any bridges in the area.

I agree with z3r0 that the cell phone is likely in the area, very hard to find, but a careful enough grid search should find it. Problem is that the location could be within a few miles of a tower.

The wording from that last article sheds a different light than what I read before. It appeared from earlier reports that the cell phone was signalling into the day on Sunday, which is quite different from ending in early morning hours Sunday.

The difference is that the cell phone could have been tossed into water in early hours of Sunday, whereas on into the day would be above ground and the battery giving out. The sooner after the abduction that the signal ended, the more likely that the signal ended due to action taken by the abductor. Early hours of Sunday is in the realm of the abductor disposing of evidence.

I don't know whether reporters actually have any idea and just word things differently based on assumptions mistaken or otherwise, or whether one reporter worded it correctly and another one didn't. The police know the actual information, and searchers probably would have searched the same either way, but if in the water they're not going to find it without intensive underwater searches that would be very time consuming and expensive.

I agree, I just don't see any chance where she's alive. It'd be nice to think someone may let her go, but that someone is a deviant to abduct her and not likely to have any conscience.

One other possibility is that the abductor was transporting her south and the cell phone battery gave out, but the record of phone pings would indicate movement south. Indications from the sparse information given is that the cell phone was in a fixed location for some time before the signals stopped, so I didn't give the cell phone battery giving out on a drive south any possibility.

rd
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disagree that the cell phone could be in the water.

I'll say there is a probability that it was thrown into a swamp, but I am thinking it was just randomly tossed out.

She went missing after 8 pm. The abductor had hours to at least shut the cell phone off, which apparently didn't happen - which actually surprises me. Why didn't the abductor shut the cell phone off? If it was in Brittanee's purse the entire time, wouldn't the abductor be worried she may try to dial 911? Well, we don't know what may have happened, but if the adbuctor was not worried about the cell phone being on from 8 pm to let's say 5 am or so, then what makes you think he get out of the car, took a walk all the way to the river, and threw it in?

I won't exclude it, but IMO it is unlikely. Swamp seems like a much better possibility. I don't know about Brittanee, but something tells me the cell phone is somewhere over there. Whether it is on the grass, in a swamp, or in the water.
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's my thought process, z3r0.

The abduction is probably into a vehicle where the back seat lowers into the floor. Difficult to tell a person is being pushed into the vehicle versus just getting help into it at night from a distance, probably in a parking lot.

Purse goes in with Brittanee not so much for anything that's in it but to keep it from being found on the ground at the point of abduction, which could happen fairly quickly. Brittanee would be disabled immediately, irrelevant that her purse with cell phone is elsewhere in the vehicle.

The abductor would drive out of town, south past three rivers sounds like the terrain he would want to hide his criminal acts in. On a multi-day trip with a heavy cell phone user, the cell phone user is going to bring a charger and keep it charged up like at home. Unlikely the cell phone battery gave out on its own in the time frame that the abductor would dispose of evidence.

My earlier reading of a news article was that the cell phone gave signals into what I took to be well into the day Sunday, thus giving time for the battery to give out, but if only in the early hours, while it is possible it gave out, it also would be when the abductor would dispose of it.

The abductor would hide both Brittanee and her purse. With a cell phone giving a signal well into the day I would believe in a swamp off an access road off the highway. With the signal ending in early hours I would believe both were thrown into water and Brittanee was weighted down.

To be thrown into water is often off a bridge. I would assume this deviant is relatively local to the area and knows the roads and bridges in the area, but doesn't live nearby. Might live in Myrtle Beach or a small town nearby.

I would believe the cell phone was thrown in purse into water not to stop it but to hide it. We have to assume either that he doesn't know about cell phone signalling or that he does know and is deliberately using that to lead searchers in a different direction from Brittanee. However, there's not a lot of possibility for misdirection except for drivng south, hiding the cell phone, then driving off somewhere else and the phone battery gives out a few hours later.

Police should be able to determine from family and friends if her cell phone gave out pretty quickly or not and whether she was known to have plugged it into her charger in the hotel room Friday night / Saturday. Indications that the battery would give out that quickly would of course help determine being left somewhere and giving out versus being dropped into water.

It's difficult for me to see this deviant driving around with an abducted and brutalized Brittanee during daylight. I would think she went into the water when the cell phone signal stopped.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info from Dr. Phil show via WCBD Charleston, SC.

- Her dad thinks she ran away. He's really one dumb dodo.

- They got Brozowitz's name spelled right. Not sure what Fox or AP or whoever was feeding that false spelling was up to, but a local SC station got it right. As we were saying above.

- This quote from Brozowitz. When I read it my immediate reaction was he's lying, and badly. He no more offered to give her a ride back than Fox News will get his name right. He also says it was light out when she left, and he didn't come down on spring break to babysit her. The light out is also a lie, it was well past 8 pm, and he attacks her about babysitting as a reaction to lying.

Here's the quote:

Peter Brozowitz says, “First of all, I did talk to Brittanee, as to why she was walking the strip by herself. Earlier that day she said oh for the last three nights I walk by myself. It doesn’t bother me, I’m fine. I’m like I didn’t go anywhere by myself because it’s pretty bad down there. Second of all, when she left the hotel, the sun was still up, and I offered, I offered her a ride and she was like no, it’s ok, it’s ok, and she acted like there’s no worry at all for her to walk again.“ Brozowitz also said he did not go to Myrtle Beach to babysit Brittanee.

click to read story
http://www.counton2.com/cbd/news/local/article/missing_teens_parents_appear_on_dr._phil/24730/
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunset at Myrtle Beach at day of dissapearance was about 7:50 PM. She left the hotel at around 8:15, 8:20? So it was starting to get dark.

Maybe he is just looking for attention. He seems very cocky. I didn't watch the Dr Phil video yet, but I am looking at the pictures from the show.

Question, was that hotel video of Brittanee entering the hotel or leaving?

Her mother said this:

Quote:
Now that the search has been called off Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel plans to leave Myrtle Beach to come home for her other daughter's birthday. She plans on holding a candlelight vigil for Brittanee.

That was definitely fast. I'd be up in those woods for 2 years if it were my family member that went missing.

But about Peter lying. Well, we don't know and probably will take time to find out. What has surprised me is that he said he has been friends with Brittanee for years and described their relationship as "just friends", yet hasn't helped in the search or even showed any emotion over her dissapearance.

Another thing he said: "He says she was arguing with a friend on the phone then walked out.". Well, she walked 30 minutes to his hotel, had an argument, and decided to walk 30 minutes back just to return some shorts without a ride there that was offered to her? Then to what? Walk back again to Peter? I haven't met any girl ever that would be willing to do that.
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I just realized something else. This actually doesn't make sense. Why hasn't Peter called her or texted her after she left his hotel? Weren't they supposed to be partying that night? And if she said that she might be partying that night to swing by, then why did he leave at 2 am? Why did he leave at 2 am at all?? This is something very interesting someone posted on her FB group:

Quote:
One news article claims Peter won't really answer these kind of questions..but allegedly offered a ride back to her hotel. If she was such good friends w/him (she knew him 2 yrs I think) and he "liked" her why would she turn a ride down?

Quote:
The "shorts" story that has been brought up a few times...if you let a friend borrow your shorts and it was ok w/you and they left wearing them, why would you call 10 mins later, apparently "mad" and demand she come over and return them? When she is supposed to be on her way back and neither she nor the shorts return...what do you do? Don't you call and see where she is? Don't you wonder why she hasn't turned up yet if she wasn't walking from that far away? Also you end up leaving MB apparently without the shorts or YOUR FRIEND...

Quote:
Most people, especially kids don't leave their last Sat. nite...they want to party, or maybe even rest up before the long ride home...why leave early hours of the morning, in the dark, leaving clothes, alcohol, a hundred bucks deposit fee and most of all....Britanee.

Wow a lot of ugly coincidences. Sounds like Natalee Holloway.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see Dr. Phil and I'm sorry I missed it. l don't like this Peter and he appears shady for no reason at all. Shades of Gary.

This is like Natalee's case except I can't understand why the father would say she "ran away" unless he just can't face she is gone. That would be one reason. He can't handle the pain.

RD says:

Quote:
It's difficult for me to see this deviant driving around with an abducted and brutalized Brittanee during daylight. I would think she went into the water when the cell phone signal stopped.

I agree Rd. This would be the only logical conclusion to me.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's what I was thinking, goz. It's the logical conclusion.

z3r0, the police released security photos of Brittanee entering and leaving Brozowitz's hotel. I've seen four photos posted; three are from entering and one leaving.

The person(s) asking those questions on FB is incoherent. They are mixing up the two groups of friends or don't know there's two groups, and the assumption should be that Brittanee borrowed the shorts without her friend's knowledge and that the friend was planning on wearing them, hence the call to return them after she left.

That should be the assumption unless someone knows differently. I've seen nothing from that group. Obviously one of the girls demanded Brittanee return her article of clothing and Brittanee never made it back, you'd be pretty embarrassed to talk about it.

Again, a group of guys were together when Brittanee visited, they went out together, they returned to Rochester together at 1 am unless someone can tell me that isn't true. I've seen nothing to indicate the group of guys returned later, nothing to indicate he was not with them the whole time.

For Brozowitz's name to be mentioned alone in tha situation as was done by Brittanee's mother is very disturbing. "He" returned at 1 am? Or "they" returned at 1 am?

I've seen the one post elsewhere from a Rochester guy that the car wasn't his and they rode back together. I've seen a news article mention that the police called Brozowitz on his way home and asked him to see if he could get a hold of Brittanee. I've seen nothing to indicate Brozowitz was alone. Therefore everything should be "they" not "he" unless someone can enlighten us all that he did in fact separate from the group that evening and returned on his own at 1 am that night.

I've seen a picture of the group of guys, and yes, they're not shy types, that's for sure. On the other hand, other than he's lying out his butt about offering Brittanee a ride back to her hotel, I've seen nothing they did wrong.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been following this really closely, but - while I don't want to speak ill of the missing - and it's nothing to say anyone deserves to go missing at all - Brittanee's behaviour was kind of baffling. I can understand a teenager wanting to go to a warm beach for spring break, of course. I can understand a teenager disobeying her mom and going with a group of friends, but not disobeying her mom and going with mere acquaintances. About borrowing the shorts - yes, girls trade clothes with their friends, but usually not with mere acquaintances. I get the feeling Brittanee has boundary issues.
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane, I would not call girlfriends you went on spring break with acquaintances.

rd
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were acquintances at best. But in today's world, people think they are "friends", but they are far from being friends.

She does have boundary issues. Which may be another reason why she was abducted. She has no problem meeting new people and puts trust in people she doesn't know well. I have a friend just like that, which is very outgoing. Gets her in trouble all the time. She ends up in people's cars that she met by herself or with just a girl friend at a club.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates you all have found yet?

Interested to know. Have not done any searches yet but know you are watching the case.

Wish we had some news.

always and good weekend all
Goz
rd

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, goz, with the search over it goes into the I saw her in a restaraunt/convenience store/bus stop mode. Everybody gets worked up, the police investigate, just like looking for her except it isn't.

Then we'll have the psychics with I see her in a dark place/in a dark damp place/in dark water/ close to a railroad crossing/under a parking lot/in a building somewhere on Elm street/ad nauseum.

And the police investigate. Just like looking for her except it isn't.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: