www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brittanee Drexel NY- 4/26/09-Myrtle Beach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it is hard to really tell through what the media posts. I mean, look how horribly wrong they spelled his last name. They spelled it "Broswick", when it is actually "Peter Brozowitz".

There was an article that I have read that said if he drove home alone or with his friends. But I forgot if it was alone or not.

You'll have to search through the 500+ articles about her here: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=brittanee+drexel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=6Zr-SfTFI-PBtweF6qGjDQ&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1

Why haven't they took recorded tapes from cameras nearby the hotel, such as parking lots, convenience stores, etc?

Here is some more info from her official Facebook group:

Quote:
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT FOR A FACT JOHN GRIECO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BRITTANEE'S DISAPPEARANCE NOR DOES KHALID AND THE BOYS, THE GIRLS WH0O SHE DROVE DOWN WITH AND THE OTHERS HAVE BEEN RULED OUT. THEY LOVE HER AS A SISTER AND JOHN LOVES HER AS A GIRLFRIEND. BRITT IS A FIGHTER, A STRONG MINDED WOMAN, AND A CARING LOVING PERSON. WE ARE JUST AWAITING HER ARRIVAL TO COME BACK HOME TO US.

No mention of Peter though.

Here is what someone had to say there:

Quote:
Brit's cell phone location was last detected at the Santee river area, but why would it be there instead of the Waccamaw River or the Sampit River, both of which come before the santee river while traveling south on interstate 17? There were 2 opportunities to discard the cell phone before the 3rd (santee river) was reached. It sounds as though it was a NON-organized plan and done with a moments notice. Passing the first two rivers gave the suspect the idea that maybe he should discard the cell phone evidence.. I really wish I had the rest of the evidence to be able to work this case.
[/quote]
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually attempted that search yesterday when asking, because I thought something so fundamental must be there and I was missing something, but I didn't see it.

There was an InSession post said to be from from a Rochester local who said the car wasn't Brozowitz's and they all drove back together, but I can't tell how legit it is. That of course is a vastly different slant on it if true.

I also saw one reference in one article where the police called him on his way home sometime Sunday and asked him to try to call Brittanee and help them find her, so that's how he found out she was missing if he didn't know it before.

I can only presume someone who knew Brittanee gave the police his number versus that of any of the others in his group, or more likely to me, they were able to obtain Brittanee's cell phone call records (which would be superfast and on Sunday) and got that number from Brittanee's calls.

Reporting is pretty superrficial. We've entered an era where news organizations at all levels are going bust and it's starting to show in their work, to the detriment of an informed public. I have no answer if online advertising doesn't pay the bills. I guess we'll just be informed through forums accessed from search engines for some of the details not reported supplied by people affected by the case, but they often have an agenda in posting of defending or throwing guilt on someone, due to the nature of why they're posting. But there are also locals who occasionally provide great detailed insight as well.

rd
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I am smelling something strange with the media. It is not only faux news that is reporting Broswick, a lot of other news articles are reporting Broswick as well, instead of Brozowitz. I wonder if one media agency is copying news from another, or if they are trying to make sure that people don't harass Peter if they can't get the actual spelling.

No new leads on the case today, but found this piece interesting:

Quote:
If police know a missing person's cell phone number, they can have the phone company track down which tower most recently received a signal from that number.

"It's not a very specific area, it's a very vague area. Those cell phone towers can go for miles and pick up a signal so we have a general area to start searching at least."

Every signal that a cell phone sends to a tower has a time stamp attached to it.

By calculating the amount of time in milliseconds that it takes for the signal to get from the cell phone to the tower, the phone company can calculate how close the cell phone is to the tower.

Keep in mind, the cell phone is sending a signal to many towers at the same time, and HTC engineer Ryan Graham says, for tracking purposes, the more towers the phone can communicate with, the better.

"Depending on how far away it is from tower A to tower B, it will triangulate that position of that phone, depending on how many sites. Obviously, the more sites it can communicate with, the better or tighter that triangulation can come," said Graham.

Unfortunately, there aren't many cell phone towers in remote, rural areas like the Santee River where police searched for Brittanee Drexel.

That means the searchers have a much bigger area to work with.

"It can be anywhere from right near the cell site, within a half a mile to 5,6,7 miles away, radius around the cell site," said Graham.

Source: http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=295450
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've nailed that right, z3r0. You'd be surprised how much news is just AP feeds. Basically there aren't reporters out there that know anything. They're just editing news feeds and publishing it as a newspaper. That's why the internet killed newspapers. Not enough original content / reporting, and people could see it's all the same thing being printed.

A couple of items. whec.com is reporting that Brittanee's mother has said that the group of guys are not persons of interest anymore.

Missing teenager’s mom: “Someone took my daughter”
WHEC.com
May 4, 2009
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912044.shtml?cat=566

It's local Rochester news, so that and local Myrtle Beach news are really the only chance of getting any accurate detailed information in my opinion. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know, but that's where we are with reporting anymore.

On the cell phone location thing, we had the same situation with Theresa Parker who disappeared in northwestern Georgia. I did quite a bit of research on that and posted in her thread (see Theresa Parker, LaFayette,GA- Missing 3/21/07).

Even with the research, I'm surprised to see investigators saying cell phone signals carry six miles. I wouldn't have thought the broadcast from a cell phone was that strong, but probably has to be to stay connected in remote areas. Certainly with Theresa Parker's case, there was only talk of a couple of miles circumference. On the other hand, it's mountainous terrain up there versus flat land at Myrtle Beach, so that might have been the reason.

But that gets me back to my prior post that it didn't strike me as likely that a fellow out of towner drove Brittanee dead or alive 30 some miles down the coast from Myrtle Beach. Just not the profile. That would be someone in the area. Would be similar in my opinion to Kelsey Smith who was abducted in a Kansas City mall parking lot and taken over the state line several miles away (see 18 yo Kelsey Smith abducted in Kansas store parking lot).

There was local news reporting in Myrtle Beach of a predator trying to assault young girls in elevators near that time. Haven't seen any more coverage on that, I saw it from scanning a lot of articles looking for answers on Brozowitz's whereabouts and finding next to nothing on him.

Apparently at least two different girls, one as young as 12, reported getting away from him. Will post a link if I run across it again.

rd
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD, I actually just thought of a different question to ask about the cell phone ping. They are saying that the cell phone pinged from near the river area. My question is, how long has it been pinging from there? If it was for more than a few minutes, which it seems, then Brittanee was either dumped there (or her cell phone), or at the very least was god forbid raped in that area - but unlikely and I'll explain why. If the person was driving in a car with Brittanee the entire time, the cell phone would have pinged from various locations along the road.

Her boyfriend John Grieco said today that he thinks she was abducted and taken far away from Myrtle beach. But once again, the cell phone pinging from this same area for hours would say otherwise. Well, it is possible I guess, if the person just threw the cell phone out - but I think it is unlikely.

Secondly, they need to find out if any text message was read. If the text messages after she disappeared were read then it is possible that the cell phone and body are not in the same area (meaning he dumped the cell phone there). If the text messages were not read, then that more likely means that the cell phone and body is in the same area. Just putting myself in the criminal's position - if a cell phone is already on, I have it in my hand, I am at least going to press a button or flip it open. If it was never touched, that means it's still on Brittanee or very close to her, and that the batteries just died and signal was then lost.

My theory is that the cell phone was never turned off by the criminal. If he were to plan this out, he'd know about the pinging of cell phone / location, and he would've turned it off then threw it out. It doesn't seem like that has happened. Instead the cell phone was left in the area waiting for the batteries to die.

PS
The cell phone pinging for a period of time means that the phone cannot be in the river.
rd

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I saw on it was that it was location of last signal sent on Sunday. My take on lack of info concerning movement of the signals is that it was in the same location since previous night, most likely in her purse near her body in a swamp behind trees a few feet away from an access road off the highway, similar to Leslie Adams found in a swamp off I-85 near SC border (see Leslie M. Adams-Age 40-Missing- Georgia-10/21-05).

Technically they should know when the cell phone moved down that way and how long it was pinging from that area. First even without calls the cell phone talks to cell towers, that's how carrier knows where to route a call when a call is made to the cell phone. That info is often available from carrier if requested soon enough.

But even if the carrier wasn't keeping phone pings, they keep info on calls / texts sent to the phone, and certainly plenty of calls were being made to the phone through the day Sunday. Each one delivered is routed from the cell tower in communication with the cell phone, and that info is kept by carrier for awhile.

Brittanee sent a message saying she was on her way back to her hotel and never answered another text or phone call, so appears clear she was abducted on her way back.

To be quite brutally honest, for her to be walking about alone at 9 pm in the half mile between the two hotels is major league trouble. The guys should have drove her back but couldn't be bothered, her friend was demanding she come back to give a pair of shorts she borrowed and was wearing back to the girl she borrowed them from, and all in all a major cluster from a bunch of kids that didn't care much about what she did from their actions.

Here's a heads up, kids. Listen to your mama when she says no. You'll have more of a chance to appreciate it later.

And I'll add yet again that we have a bunch of convicted felons on probation that should be wearing location recorders because they are running around full time looking for their next victim, and we don't do anything because it wasn't our loved one this time.

And by the time it is your loved one, it's too late.

Track offenders with GPS recorders!

rd
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent points made, RD.

Here is an update from Facebook Official Group by a family member:

Quote:
THE POLICE HAVE NARROWED THERE SEARCH TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF BRITTS PHONE AND THEY WILL CONTINUE THEIR SEARCH IN THE GEORGETOWN AREA. THE CASE IS NOT BEING TREATED AS A RUNAWAY CASE ANYMORE IT IS BEING TREATED AS AN ABDUCTION.
THEY HAVE A K-9 UNIT AS WELL AND AR3E COMBING THE GEORGETOWN AREA FULLY.

Your swamp theory sounds right on target.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Boys Cleared of Involvement Reply with quote

Fair Use
Missing New York Teen's Mom 'Not Satisfied' Police Cleared Boys
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Fox News

SNIP

The mother of a Rochester, N.Y., teenager who disappeared on spring break said she has doubts about why police have already cleared a group of boys her daughter Brittanee Drexel visited the night she vanished.

Dawn Drexel tells "FOX & Friends" that she is "not really satisfied" that authorities ruled out involvement on the part of Peter Broswick and his male friends — whose Myrtle Beach hotel room Brittanee went to just before she disappeared the night of April 25.

"I'm going by what police officers are telling me, and they are going by what evidence they do have," Drexel said Wednesday. "Someone may have been watching her and may have abducted her."

Drexel thinks someone knows something about where her daughter is.

SNIP

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519116,00.html
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Peter Brozowitz would be a suspect anymore either. But now a third story:

Quote:
After Drexel left the hotel, Parrinello said, the men went to a nearby college party but left shortly after. Since they had to check out of the hotel the next morning anyway, they decided to just leave then and get a head start on their trip.

I'll just keep counting how many different stories we hear why Peter left early. This is #3.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this guy had nothing to hide, why would he keep telling different stories to the Police. I just don't understand it Z3r0Eff3ct! Maybe they are still looking at him and not telling the public.

Goz
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gozgals wrote:
If this guy had nothing to hide, why would he keep telling different stories to the Police. I just don't understand it Z3r0Eff3ct! Maybe they are still looking at him and not telling the public.

Goz

If he really has nothing to hide and is not a suspect or in anyway involved with her disappearance, then I do think he has made a really big mistake by confusing police and investigators, mainly because of hiring a lawyer.

He can easily be cleared by checking the video tape of him leaving the hotel lobby after Brittanee left. Did he leave soon after or long after? If long after, then he is pretty much in the clear.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is discouraging, or encouraging in that she may still be able to be found ok. A NC group that searches for missing people, CUE, searched 11 days for Brittanee, including using dogs and helicopters, and finally gave up the search last night.

That is an extensive search of the area where her cell phone last gave off signals, 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

There's been no details given of a timeline of signals from the cell phone, but one would think it wasn't a recent movement of the cell phone down south hours after last communication with Brittanee. It would also imply that the cell phone was above ground rather than tossed in the water, and yet it wasn't found.

It's possible the cell phone was tossed as the abductor drove further south, or was tossed as a diversion in the opposite direction of where the abductor went, which is quite a diversion, but after 11 days I know those people gave it their best to find Brittanee or her cell phone.

The deviant who abducted her has really broken the hearts of a lot of people. Past experience shows that he almost assuredly has an arrest record as a deviant and may still be on probation.

If so, he and everyone like him should have their movements recorded while on probation because this is what they do.

rd

Group calls off search for missing N.Y. teen
Janelle Frost - jfrost@thesunnews.com
TheSunNews.com
Sunday, May. 10, 2009

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/894544.html
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The area is really big, cell phones are really small. I think what they should do is plan it out. Map out the entire area and divide it into sections. Assign people to those sections with some kind of technology to find cell phones. There's no way someone with eyes and hands will find a cell phone somewhere deep between some bushes. They need to use large metal detectors or something of that nature, otherwise it will be nearly impossible. I am sure there is some kind of technology to detect cell phones or something inside cell phones. Maybe not metal detectors, but there is a lot of things that make up a cell phone. The battery is not metal. There must be something to detect a battery.

Her body may not be there, or it may be somewhere in a swamp, or even deteriorated by now due to wild animals. I think investigators need to focus on the cell phone until they have really exhausted all options.
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that, z3r0. Definitely need to focus on finding that cell phone.

Here 13WHAM.com gives some more detail on the signals recorded:

Search for Brittanee Drexel Called Off
13WHAM.com
May 10, 2009

(excerpt)

Search teams were led to Georgetown County because Drexel's cell phone gave off a signal there the night she was last seen and into early Sunday morning.

What started out as a five-mile search radius turned into more than double that by late this week.

Teams searched by foot, horse, dog, and ATV's, but searchers came up short every time.

f you have information about this case, you can call Crimestoppers locally at (585) 423-9300. Or you can call the Myrtle Beach Police tipline at (843) 918-1963.

click to read rest
http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/story/Search-for-Brittanee-Drexel-Called-Off/YN1skwkJ306LjvjI46gOhA.cspx
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would a 5 mile search radius be? Would it be 5 miles by 5 miles?

rd wrote:
Here 13WHAM.com gives some more detail on the signals recorded:

Search for Brittanee Drexel Called Off
13WHAM.com
May 10, 2009

(excerpt)

Search teams were led to Georgetown County because Drexel's cell phone gave off a signal there the night she was last seen and into early Sunday morning.

What started out as a five-mile search radius turned into more than double that by late this week.

Teams searched by foot, horse, dog, and ATV's, but searchers came up short every time.

f you have information about this case, you can call Crimestoppers locally at (585) 423-9300. Or you can call the Myrtle Beach Police tipline at (843) 918-1963.

click to read rest
http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/story/Search-for-Brittanee-Drexel-Called-Off/YN1skwkJ306LjvjI46gOhA.cspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: