www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brittanee Drexel NY- 4/26/09-Myrtle Beach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good work you two. Also, love the stuff on Peter. He is a real charmer!!!

I couldn't get into facebook either. I have to wait a couple of days to view the pics.

I'm sure her mom is very concerned and the quote was taken out of context as they usually are. She must be as you said RD, very upset over what did happen to her daughter. She may just FEEL hopeless.

Saw something today about the story, will go back and check and see if we already got all the information needed.

Gozgals
Good weekend all
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Website- Help find Brittanee Marie Drexel Reply with quote

This is the website with information and phone numbers.

Also, i note some similiar aspects of this case and Natalee Holloway's.

Help us find Brittanee Marie Drexel
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Case Number: NCMC1121354

Please contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department with any information at:

1-843-918-1300

You may also contact National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at:

1-800-THE-LOSTŪ (1-800-843-5678)

http://www.helpfindbrittanee.com/
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Snip from article on Peter Reply with quote

Fair Use
New York Teenager Had 'Her Mind Set' on Myrtle Beach Spring Break
Friday, May 01, 2009
Fox News and Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518596,00.html

SNIP

Male Friend May Have Been Last to See Teen Alive

The teen's hotel room at the Bar Harbor Hotel was abandoned, and she left all her belongings behind. Her cell phone, which has been tracked, was the only item missing, according to Myrtle Beach police spokesman Capt. David Knipes.

Brittanee left the Bar Harbor Hotel Saturday night about 8 p.m. and went to visit a friend named Peter Broswick, who was with a group of male friends at the nearby Blue Water Resort.

Detectives believe Broswick may have been the last one to see the missing teen alive.

Broswick is also from Rochester and left the beach town for home about 1 a.m. the night Brittanee was last seen, according to News Channel 15's CarolinaLive.com.

Police released footage of the girl entering and leaving the lobby of the Blue Water about 8:25 p.m. Saturday.

Knipes told FOXNews.com he doesn't know the nature of the pair's relationship.

"I'm not sure what their relationship was, other than they knew each other," he said.

Broswick has been questioned on the phone by Myrtle Beach investigators and in person by Rochester, N.Y., police, according to Knipes.

"He left before we were notified of the disappearance," Knipes told FOXNews.com. He has reportedly retained an attorney.

Knipes stopped short of calling Broswick a person of interest in the disappearance.

SNIP
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Holloway Case Similarity Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
That's exactly what I thought, too, when I watched some of the reports about the case on Nancy Grace. I haven't read your posts, yet, but I look forward to reading them. Thank you for going to so much trouble. You are providing a very valuable service.
I was busy watching the "Kentucky Derby" today. I hope you got a chance to see it, too! If not, you should try to catch a recap. It's important to think about positive things in the midst of all of the despair you are reporting on.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rainbow- I didn't even get to watch the Derby today but will be sure to see the recap. Kind of you to think of the positive for me. It was a very long day...

Thank you too for your kind words. I do see the factors that relate to Natalee's case with this young girl and will go take a look at NG page for an update. Very cute, and sweet looking kid. Feel so bad for her. I wish this did not happen to her. She makes you want to reach out and hug her when you see some of her pictures. She looks so young.

Good weekend to you and I'll catch that recap.

Looking at this guy for answers.

Links to come

Goz
Good weekend to all.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Searches Reply with quote

LE working on some leads today and nothing new to report. LE searched a highway and 2 rivers and did not find anything or at least that is what was reported. How very sad to hear this.

Note: sweet picture of her on the page. How cute she is, just want to give her a hug.

Fair Use
River, Highway Searched for Missing New York Teenager on Spring Break
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

more at link

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518694,00.html

SNIP

The search for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel has led South Carolina authorities to a river and highway about 30 miles south of where she was last seen, but the efforts have yet to yield new information, police said.

Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes said officers are following a number of different tips in the dissappearance of the upstate New York 17-year-old, who left home on a spring break trip against her mother's wishes.

One of the tips led police to two different rivers and areas along U.S. 17, the main highway going south out of Myrtle Beach.

However, "there is nothing new to report on Ms. Drexel," Knipes said Saturday.

SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Video from Nancy Grace Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/04/30/ng.teen.sighting.cnn

Possible sighting

She also left the hotel alone and seemed untroubled.

Missing 17-year-old sighting? 2:13
Police are investigating the possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel, last seen Saturday in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Grainy video sighting

The male friend feels he needed an atty. because the Police continue to question him. The questions have become redundant and the media are bothering him too. Police are trying to trap him in a lie (most likely).

He has not been advised of his rights to date.
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Law enforcement officials, the S.C. Department of Natural Resources, rescue dog teams and many private search groups from throughout the country prowled the area around U.S. 17 and the South Santee River on Saturday for Drexel.

Drexel's cell phone gave off its last known signal there late Sunday night, said Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb.

Cell phones normally give off a signal until their batteries run out, but Drexel's was not in use at the time and investigators have not determined how it got there, Cribb said. The cell phone was not found on Saturday, he said.

"We're searching until we find something," Cribb said. "There is a lot of swamp and marsh."

The search area covered six or seven miles of water and land, Cribb said.

Not looking good.

My theory: Someone drove Brittanee out to this area to dump her body. The cell phone must have been either on her or the killer. Perhaps she was already murdered and the cell phone fell out when she was being dragged to the river or a swamp nearby. The cell phone batteries died hours later. That's my best guess.

I'm surprised they said that they are only taking a day or two at max to search this area. If the cell phone signal last went off here, then that means they are very hot to finding at least some clues about her disappearance if they keep searching well enough.

PS
You pulled up an old piece of news. She was sighted on a bus. Police found that girl, and it wasn't Brittanee.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for heads up on the old news. I figured as much as I did not work the case today and usually i'm alone on them. I was trying to follow up on Rainbows Nancy Grace lead.

I didn't think it was her.

Nice theory.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi z3r0, your quote above has the sheriff saying they will search until they find something, lots of swamp and marsh to search. If the cell phone signal ended up there, then that's where she is, I think we would all agree with that.

This is good quick work by the Myrtle Beach area law enforcement, especially getting the cell phone tracking data. It has to be difficult to find a body out there, it will take more than a couple of days. I would think they would try to cover areas quickly with dogs who would scent someone out there if they got into the general area.

I haven't been following closely, just what we've posted, but I was curious why the rivers were being searched and now I see why. I would find it odd for an out of towner, especially a 20 year old kid, to drive a girl from back home in New York that he met up with to outlying swamps, marshes, rivers, etc. of the spring break town either dead or alive, alive to assault her someplace remote.

Anything's possible, let's say a panicky kid who ended up strangling her to subdue her and drove out of town looking to hide her body, but would be totally dependent on being gone with his car for some time from his friends after 8 pm when she went to their hotel. If the friends were involved why would he be the only one checking out at 1 am and fleeing for Rochester? And in fact was he gone for hours that evening between 8 and 1? Haven't heard details on what the others are telling police.

For example, did he offer to drive her back to her hotel? It was something like 20 blocks I believe.

Sheesh, this is Natalee Hollaway all over again. Unbelievable.

rd
Z3r0Eff3ct

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote:
hi z3r0, your quote above has the sheriff saying they will search until they find something, lots of swamp and marsh to search. If the cell phone signal ended up there, then that's where she is, I think we would all agree with that.

This is good quick work by the Myrtle Beach area law enforcement, especially getting the cell phone tracking data. It has to be difficult to find a body out there, it will take more than a couple of days. I would think they would try to cover areas quickly with dogs who would scent someone out there if they got into the general area.

I haven't been following closely, just what we've posted, but I was curious why the rivers were being searched and now I see why. I would find it odd for an out of towner, especially a 20 year old kid, to drive a girl from back home in New York that he met up with to outlying swamps, marshes, rivers, etc. of the spring break town either dead or alive, alive to assault her someplace remote.

Anything's possible, let's say a panicky kid who ended up strangling her to subdue her and drove out of town looking to hide her body, but would be totally dependent on being gone with his car for some time from his friends after 8 pm when she went to their hotel. If the friends were involved why would he be the only one checking out at 1 am and fleeing for Rochester? And in fact was he gone for hours that evening between 8 and 1? Haven't heard details on what the others are telling police.

For example, did he offer to drive her back to her hotel? It was something like 20 blocks I believe.

Sheesh, this is Natalee Hollaway all over again. Unbelievable.

rd

I think the media got it wrong or I misread something because in one paragraph it said the friends won't be searching there anymore. And in the quoted paragraph the sheriff said he will keep searching that area.

The kid Peter was not part of the group of friends that came with Brittanee if I am not mistaken. I don't even know if the rest of the group of friends knew of him either - I don't think they did. Only Brittanee knew him and since he was staying there, she decided to meet up with him.

It's possible that he is not the suspect, but why leave your things behind, not pick up a $100 deposit check, leave at 2 am, and drive hours back home, give 2 stories for the reason to drive back home, and hire a lawyer? On top of that, he is the last person known to have seen Brittanee. He either knows something about the disappearance, or it is a one in thousands coincidence.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: my suspect Reply with quote

Peter was not part of the group, you are correct. I am going with him as my suspect for now. His behavior does not play out well when we look at all the facts and his attitude.

Yes, this is Natalee all over again.

Good weekend all

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify, the friends of his I'm referring to are the group he was with in the other hotel that she came to visit. I haven't read about them checking out with him, or what they've told the police about his whereabouts after Brittannee came over around 8pm and then left.

For example, did the whole group of guys he was with with drive back after checking out at 1 am, or just him? I saw one post elsewhere that indicated they drove back together, couldn't see any hard info on it.

If she saw them as a group, left them as a group, and he was with them as a group between 8 and 1, then why would he be the POI? The only thing I can infer from info is that his number was on her call log and the police called him based on that.

I have seen nothing on his whereabouts between 8 and 1 according to the group he was with, and next to nothing on if they checked out and left together at 1am.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: more Reply with quote

Police Focus on Cell Phone Signal in Missing New York Teen Case
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Associated Press

SNIP

South Carolina authorities have focused their search on an area just south of where teenager Brittanee Drexel disappeared after discovering the last place her cell phone gave off a signal.

Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb said police spent a second day combing a river and highway 35 miles south of Myrtle Beach, where the upstate New York 17-year-old was vacationing on spring break.

Searchers using dogs, helicopters and boats concentrated Saturday on a 7-mile area along the South Santee River and U.S. 17.

Click here for photos.

Drexel's cell phone signal was captured last Sunday, a day after police say the teen was last seen.

Myrtle Beach Capt. David Knipes told reporters Sunday that "there will only be a handful of officers doing some final things associated with that search."

Knipes said the search hasn't yielded any new clues in the case.

Drexel, a junior at Gates-Chili High School in Rochester, N.Y., left the Bar Harbor Hotel at about 8 p.m. on April 25 to visit a friend named Peter Broswick, who was with a group of male friends at the nearby Blue Water Resort. Police have released footage of the girl entering and leaving the lobby of the Blue Water about 8:30 p.m.

Detectives think Broswick may have been the last one to see the missing teen alive.

Broswick, who is also from Rochester, left Myrtle Beach to return home about 1 a.m. the night Drexel was last seen, according to News Channel 15's CarolinaLive.com.

Knipes told FOXNews.com he doesn't know the nature of the pair's relationship, and he wouldn't call Broswick a suspect.

SNIP

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518739,00.html
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD says:

Quote:
If she saw them as a group, left them as a group, and he was with them as a group between 8 and 1, then why would he be the POI? The only thing I can infer from info is that his number was on her call log and the police called him based on that.

I have seen nothing on his whereabouts between 8 and 1 according to the group he was with, and next to nothing on if they checked out and left together at 1am.

I can't find that either, unless I go through the articles again. Maybe someone else will catch it.

I think he is a POI from our past experience on cases and my hinky meter is going off about him. This might not be fair, but we have looked at many cases. Good enough for me. He also gave two accounts of his whereabouts. The phone log too. Last person to see her rings bells for me. I could be wrong of course on everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: