www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Craigslist Killings- Case Closed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Craigslist Killings- Case Closed Reply with quote

Please be careful when answering advertisements. This man has killed once and robbed two times. He may be linked to Craigslist. It is not like the old days when you could just go to someone's house and look at what they had for sale. Do not go alone, or let someone into your home without first meeting them somewhere with a friend.

Fair Use
Man sought in killing possibly linked to Craigslist
By Jason Kessler
CNN
April 17, 2009

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/17/massachusetts.killing.craigslist/index.html

click link for story

SNIP

Police in Boston, Massachusetts, are searching for a man suspected in the murder of one woman and the armed robbery of two others, all of whom, they say, he may have met through their Craigslist ads for personal services.

Julissa Brisman, 26, was described as "a really sweet, goofy, energetic kid."

1 of 2 Officers discovered New York resident Julissa Brisman, 26, unconscious with multiple gunshot wounds at Boston's Copley Marriott Hotel on Tuesday night. She was transferred to Boston Medical Center, where she died shortly afterward.

Police said Brisman, a model, offered massages via Craigslist, a popular online classified ad service.

The confrontation between Brisman and her killer seems to have begun as an attempted robbery, police said.

"It appears that there was a struggle between the victim and the suspect in the threshold of the hotel room immediately prior to the shooting," the Boston Police Department said in a statement on its Web site.

Police speculate the man may also be responsible for the recent robberies of two other young women who offered personal services via Craigslist.

Representatives from Craigslist did not respond to a request for comment.

SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: 'Craigslist Killer' Victim Reportedly Worked for N.Y. Madam Reply with quote

Fair Use
'Craigslist Killer' Victim Reportedly Worked for N.Y. Madam
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Associated Press at Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517090,00.html

SNIP
BOSTON — The woman who was allegedly murdered in Boston by the "craigslist killer" once worked for one of New York City's most notorious madams, the Daily News reported.

Kristin Davis told the News Julissa Brisman worked for her two years ago, but described the 26-year-old as a "nightmare."

SNIP

The madam said Brisman offered only sensual body rubs and wasn't selling sex, the News reported.

SNIP

Boston police say they believe Brisman's slaying is connected to an attack on a woman in a Rhode Island hotel days later. They cite "a number of similarities."

Boston police haven't explicitly said the same man committed both crimes, though the suspects have similar descriptions. They cite only "a strong connection" in the cases.

Police say they've received more than 150 tips about the fatal shooting of Brisman at the Boston Marriott Copley Place.

The New York City woman advertised massage services on Craigslist and had a massage table set up in the room where she was shot Tuesday.

The woman attacked Thursday in Warwick, R.I., advertised lap dances on Craigslist. She was held at gunpoint before her husband entered the room and her attacker fled.

SNIP
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Suspect Captured Reply with quote

It's wonderful we got this guy off the street so quickly. What was his motive?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517219,00.html

Fair Use
Police Charge College Student With Craigslist Killing
Monday, April 20, 2009
Fox News

Click link for story

SNIP

A man has been charged with the death of a woman who advertised massage services on Craigslist, Boston police said.

Philip Marcoff, a 22-year-old Boston University student, was charged with the murder of Julissa Brisman, 29, at the Copley Marriott Hotel and the armed robbery and kidnapping of an additional victim at the Westin Hotel.

SNIP

SNIP

Boston police say Marcoff has no prior criminal record and is studying pre-med at Boston University. He was stopped on Interstate 95 on the south side of Boston, and was formerly charged Monday evening.

"It appears he was preying on people who are in a vulnerable position ... we are happy to have this man off the street until the investigation is over," said Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis at a press conference Monday evening.

Pcitures on link
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Student has been charged with the murder and no bail has been set. LE think the motive may have been robbery as he was a gambler and needed money for his debts.

Fair Use
Boston University Medical Student Charged in Craigslist Killing Held Without Bail
Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SNIP

A Boston University medical student engaged to be married was ordered held without bail Tuesday on charges he used Craigslist to lure a masseuse to a hotel room and then shot and killed her.

A handcuffed and emotionless Philip Markoff, 22, said nothing in court as the charges were being read at his brief arraignment hearing in Boston.

Prosecutors say they found a semiautomatic weapon at his home, as well as ammunition and materials exactly like those used in an attack on another masseuse in Boston.

SNIP

SNIP

A police source told The Boston Globe that investigators believe a gambling problem may have prompted Markoff to scan Craigslist for potential theft victims. Publicly, law enforcement declined to comment on a motive.

Outside the courthouse, Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley wouldn't answer a question about whether gambling played a role. Investigators believe that robbery was the catalyst for the attacks, Conley said.

Investigators said they followed a computer trail to Markoff, linking an account used to set up appointments on Craigslist with the two women who were attacked to his address in Quincy, Mass.

The Boston University med student preyed on women he found through the classified advertising Web site, according to authorities.

SNIP

Click link for story

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517275,00.html
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Hippocrat or Hypocrite? Reply with quote

Hi Goz!
It seems like this guy was a real Jekyll and Hyde or Jack the Ripper type! Besides all of the other people he's created immense misery for, his own fiancee must be in severe shock.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of them are Rainbow. He seemed like a normal guy, going to medical school and all. What is wrong with these people?

I feel bad for his gf too, what a shock it must be to her...

take care
Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi goz

Rapists and rapist murderers frequently rob their victims. That is not the motivating factor, it is part of what they are doing. The authority sources for these reports are not being realistic.

Sex workers are not going to be a very good source of money for robbery. They're like taxi drivers, pizza delivery, and anyone else out in public. Sure they'll have some money but they obviously know they have a good chance of being assaulted and robbed. They're not going to carry much money.

The one girl that got murdered did have a lot because she was operating out of that room and was not as mobile as most are.

This guy is like any other serial rapist murderer. The driven by gambling thing is total bs. I'm surprised they trotted out that turkey of an excuse for his sociopathalogical behavior.

Thanks for the coverage of this case, goz.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation RD. I do appreciate it.

It didn't seem like the motivating factor to me either. The guy is just another low life.
Always Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

story in this weeks People Magazine
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Online LE Ad Seeks More Victims Reply with quote

I have a feeling this case is going to turn out to be bigger than we expected with more victims from this nutjob psycho.

Fair Use
Online Police Ad Seeks More Victims of 'Craigslist Killer'
Friday, April 24, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517683,00.html

SNIP

Boston authorities are hoping that an ad they placed on Craigslist will lead them to information on other potential victims of the "Craigslist Killer," who allegedly chose his targets using the popular classifieds Web site.

"Were you attacked or robbed at a Boston-area hotel after placing an ad on Craigslist?" the police ad asks. "If so, you may have information that could aid the investigation."

Prosecutors are building a case against Philip Markoff, a 23-year old medical student who is charged with killing a masseuse, Julissa Brisman, 26, of New York City at the Boston Marriott Copley Place hotel on April 14. He also is charged in the robbery of a woman at another Boston hotel four days earlier.

Click here for photos.

He has pleaded not guilty to the murder, armed robbery and kidnapping charges.

Brisman, who had advertised her erotic massage services on Craigslist, was found dead in a hotel doorway after she'd been shot three times and bashed in the head. Police believe she was killed after trying to fight her attacker.

Jake Wark, a spokesman for Suffolk County prosecutors, said Boston police placed their ad in the "erotic services" section of Craigslist. He said police hope the ad will persuade any other women who may have been victims of Markoff's alleged attacks to come forward.

The posting does not mention Markoff by name, and Wark said investigators are not sure there are other alleged victims.

SNIP

Quote:
But Craigslist's CEO, Jim Buckmaster, said criminals who use the site are virtually guaranteed to get caught because they leave electronic trails that are easily traced.

Click link for story
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow:

I read his fiancee is standing beside him and believes in him. OMG, some people are just plain in denial.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has now been linked to a third crime. I wonder when it is going to stop. I bet he leaves a long line of women behind him in a crime spree, being attacked.

Fair Use
By ERIC TUCKER, AP
News, National News
April 25, 2009

Soucre- AOL Link

SNIP
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (April 24) - A fingerprint has been found linking a medical student accused of killing a masseuse in Boston to a hotel near Providence where another woman claims she was attacked, a law enforcement official said Friday.
The official told The Associated Press that Philip Markoff's fingerprint was found on a wall of the Holiday Inn Express in Warwick, where a stripper has said she was tied up and held at gunpoint by a man she met through the Craigslist classified ads Web site. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: More on the case Reply with quote

If this was just about gaming debts, (as claimed), why did he keep their underwear and get violent and kill? HUM, think about it and what RD wrote. He is out of control and the list will get longer. Funny, his gf stands by him and his friends. What a con this guy is/was.

Fair Use
Evidence Mounts in Craigslist Killer Case
Friday April 24, 2009
Charles' Crime / Punishment Blog
By Charles Montaldo

Click link for more
http://crime.about.com/b/2009/04/24/evidence-mounts-in-craigslist-killer-case.htm?nl=1

SNIP
As his friends continue to rally behind him, certain the Philip Markoff they knew could have never done the crimes, evidence continues to mount against the man police believe is the Craigslist Killer. Items belonging to at least two victims were found in his apartment, police said.
Police are seeking the public's help in identifying more Craigslist victims.

As his friends started a Facebook page in support of Markoff, investigators were placing an ad on the online classified service Craigslist in hopes of finding more victims.

Police Place Ad on Craigslist

Not mentioning Markoff by name, the advertisement reads:

"Were you attacked or robbed at a Boston-area hotel after placing an ad on Craigslist? If so, you may have information that could aid the investigation into the April 10 armed robbery of a woman at the Westin Copley Place Hotel and the April 14 murder of a woman at the Marriott Copley Place Hotel. Both victims were attacked by a prospective client who had contacted them through ads placed on Craigslist."

Based on evidence found in Markoff's apartment, investigators believe the 23-year-old Boston University medical student was keeping his victim's underwear as souvenirs of his crimes. Because of the number of underwear items they found, police believe there are more victims.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His fiancee has left the "BUILDING." She broke off the engagement. They are not stating if she is still standing beside him but the marriage will not be taking place. What a smart girl this is....

All his friends thought this guy was gold too. Another guy who had two personalities it seems.

More news to come.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: From Greta- The Dark Side of a Friend Reply with quote

Friend tells story about the killer and how he forced himself on her. We can see he was not golden to all his friends. The signs were there.

Fair Use
Exclusive: Former Friend of Suspected 'Craigslist Killer' Goes 'On the Record'
Friday, May 01, 2009
Fox News

Snip

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," April 30, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: This would terrify anyone. She says she saw the dark side of the accused Craigslist killer and survived a possible attack. She's here to go "on the Record," Morgan Houston, a college friend of medical student Philip Markoff. She joins us live. Welcome, Morgan.

MORGAN HOUSTON, COLLEGE FRIEND OF PHILIP MARKOFF: Hi.

VAN SUSTEREN: Morgan, what happened?

HOUSTON: Yes. It was my sophomore year of college in the winter. And we had been out one night with a group of friends, and we came home and got out of the cab, and he was walking me to my building. And in the doorway of the dormitory, he just all of a sudden grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall and was trying to kiss me.

And I kept turning my head aside and pushing him away, and I couldn't push him of me and saying, No, Phil, what are you doing? We're just friends. We've always just been friends. And thankfully, shortly after, one of our mutual friends came along and pulled him off of me. So that was...

VAN SUSTEREN: What did he say?

HOUSTON: He didn't really say anything. He just kept trying to force himself on me.

VAN SUSTEREN: Had he been drinking or doing any drugs at the time?

HOUSTON: He'd been drinking. I've never known him to do drugs.

Snip

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518573,00.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: